PDA

View Full Version : Play on the PSVita with your PC account

Du1337
May 22, 2013, 08:19 AM
Ive dropped some questions bout this on the quicky but I did not understand any of the answers, sorry.

Is it possible to play on the PS Vita with ur PC account, and if so, is there a guide how to do this. I know Bumped has a guide to download the game on Vita and all, but I heard in the Lobby on PSO2 that there are some problems with the accounts that can clash...

I am talking about the Sega ID and the PSN accounts. I also heard something about the region blockade or something.

Can anyone clear some stuff about this? Maybe a guide to do this?
I am planning to buy a Vita but the reason I am going to is because I wan to play on it with my PC chars...

Angry Bot
May 22, 2013, 08:31 AM
You can play PSO2 on PC and Vita on the same account. Only real thing I would say that is important to know is that once your Vita logs into a Sega ID account, your Vita's PSN ID and Sega ID will be permanently linked. This doesn't mean that you can't play on PC any more, rather you can't switch accounts on your Vita if you happen to have an alt account or if a friend wants to play on it.

No region block or no account clashing other than you can't log in at the same exact time on both systems. The only pain in the butt part is if you intend on using your Vita to play both NA and JP games as you will need to reformat the Vita every time to switch. You could also buy the PSO2 Premium Package, which will work while Vita is on a NA PSN account so no switching is required.

Du1337
May 22, 2013, 10:42 AM
Ehr I dont know if I understand all of that... My English isnt that good and I have no exp with PSN or Vita at all...

***This doesn't mean that you can't play on PC any more, rather you can't switch accounts on your Vita if you happen to have an alt account or if a friend wants to play on it.
---Why would I want an alternative account on the Vita?

***No region block or no account clashing other than you can't log in at the same exact time on both systems.
---That means that I can only play on PC OR VITA right? Well thats ok...

***The only pain in the butt part is if you intend on using your Vita to play both NA and JP games as you will need to reformat the Vita every time to switch.
----I am not planning to play the Na version of this game. So no problems?

***You could also buy the PSO2 Premium Package, which will work while Vita is on a NA PSN account so no switching is required.
---I am not planning to play on any Na server, so no problemsw with this?

So I can just buy a Vita, download the JP version and log in with a SEGa ID?

Am I able to play other games in the future on this Sega ID?

Z-0
May 22, 2013, 10:43 AM
He's saying if you planned to use 2 different accounts on the Vita, you wouldn't be able to. If you only use one account, no problem.

And yes, you can only play on PC or Vita at one particular time, not both at the same time, but you can switch whenever you like.

Du1337
May 22, 2013, 11:06 AM
He's saying if you planned to use 2 different accounts on the Vita, you wouldn't be able to. If you only use one account, no problem.

And yes, you can only play on PC or Vita at one particular time, not both at the same time, but you can switch whenever you like.

But why would I need 2 accounts for example? Im missing that point. Sorry if my questions are stupid.

Z-0
May 22, 2013, 11:07 AM
Avoiding the 500 AC cost for extra characters, or the 300 AC cost for extra mags (by making another char)

blace
May 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
I said this in the questions thread to try to make it a bit more clear.

Here's an example, say you bought the Vita and registered a Japanese PSN ID to download the game and logged into PSO2 with your Sega ID. Let's also say you wish to import the physical cartridge of the game for use with your regions PSN ID, you won't be able to use the Sega ID you used on your Japanese PSN ID because you have linked the two for use under the same account. Instead you'll get an error 691 for trying to link an already linked Sega ID.

If that is unclear, if you want to play the game on your other account for your region(whether US or EU PSN ID) you can only have one account locked to the ID and every time you wish to play on that account, you need to sign in on PSN with that ID. That is the only restriction for playing on the Vita. Alternating between PC and Vita is fine, no restrictions there, but you can only be logged in on one or the other.

Du1337
May 22, 2013, 11:27 AM
Well I had some private chatting and it is all solved. Now I read this again after the chat it is clear to me now. Thank you very much!