PDA

View Full Version : Some info on alts

AgemFrostMage
May 24, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hi! I know that alts cost money and you can have them team up with you, but there are somethings I want to know about them:

1.Do they scale with your level like NPCs or must I level them manually?

2.Which abilities will they bring in combat?

3.Which personality type is most likely to use weak bullet? (It will be a male cast hunter =) Need a robot who looks like a robot)

4.If I level with them then can I use my main as an NPC? Will the main still be at his level or will it scale? At current level it would help bring the alt up to speed level wise. Healer is a personality type so I know which one I'd set for it.

Walkure
May 24, 2013, 08:07 AM
Hi! I know that alts cost money and you can have them team up with you, but there are somethings I want to know about them:

1.Do they scale with your level like NPCs or must I level them manually?

2.Which abilities will they bring in combat?

3.Which personality type is most likely to use weak bullet? (It will be a male cast hunter =) Need a robot who looks like a robot)

4.If I level with them then can I use my main as an NPC? Will the main still be at his level or will it scale? At current level it would help bring the alt up to speed level wise. Healer is a personality type so I know which one I'd set for it.
I'm not sure if your idea will work since, for all my friends that HAVE alts, none of them have both their friend partners up and registered. Had to sign on to confirm that rq.

1. Level is determined by YOUR main/sub levels on adding them to the party, as well as the friend partner card when you register that character. Whichever of the two has the lowest main level is picked, and whichever has the lowest sub level is picked.

2. They use the abilities from the character's skill tree. I don't know the exact preference for something like L10 fury stance vs. level 1 guard stance, but I can tell you that their damage will be relatively inconsequential and they'll die repeatedly regardless of whichever hunter stance they choose.

3. Your best best would be a ranger friend partner that has access to WB. Theoretically you could have a HU/RA with only assault rifles in their loadout, and they would use weak bullet if they had it in their RA skill tree.

4. Again, any friend partner will be (the lowest between your main on summoning them and their main level on registering a friend partner) / (the lowest between your sub on summoning them and their sub on registering a friend partner). Using a player's friend partner has no real effect to the player being summoned,

Honestly the main thing a friend partner brings is FUN on clear, party size bonus exp, some free heals, a photon blast or two, and a distraction for regular mobs. As far as utility of abilities and spells go, like warcry and wb, imagine if the user just kinda threw them out completely ass-randomly, ran up to the nearest thing, and died.

Caledonia
May 24, 2013, 08:17 AM
Okay, I think you're mixing up "friend partners" and "alts" a bit here but I'll try to be clear;

First of all on one account you can only have one friend partner registered. Any other character on that account (i.e. an alt) can use that friend partner, as can all your friends.

Your own friend partner works the same as anyone else's i.e. My registered partner is Teslana, my 60/55 Force/techer, when I load her in on Aeryn, my alt, she scales down to Aeryn's level; 26/13 --the same as any other partner I load on my alt

so with your specific questions;

1) Assuming your registered partner is the higher level, it will scale down when your alt loads it. Your alt is it's own separate character and needs to be leveled as such.

2)To the best of my knowledge all of them, but they seem to favour the ones that you use most frequently (though I have seen mine do some ridiculously dumb stuff)

3)I genuinely have no idea. At a guess one of the attack based personalities.

4)I think I answered that above, but I'll add The character registered as the friend partner cannot use themself and you may only have one registered. If you have multiple accounts and friend yourself this'd be possible, but all friend partners scale down to the level of the person calling them. If the person calling them is higher than the registered person, they are the level that they were registered at and no higher.

edit: okay, 10mins is more than ninja'd but I got distracted...

Calsetes
May 24, 2013, 08:59 AM
If you're going to use alts, AND you want to use them as friend partners, then I'd recommend maybe making alternate accounts entirely for each alt. Careful doing this, though - you never know if Sega will take a gander at the logs for those guys and see the same IP address logging in on all those accounts, combined with the fact that they're only logged in one at a time, combined with the fact that they keep calling each other and giving each other good job bonuses. It's like the Clark Kent-Superman thing.

1. They scale up to your current level, until they hit THEIR registered cap. What does this mean? Let's assume you have a main character with level 60 hunter, level 30 ranger. You also have an alt with a registered level 45 force (their actual level and currently-equipped class doesn't matter - just how you were, looks and all, when you hit "register friend card" on the visiphone.) When you're a level 30 ranger and call them, they'll be level 30 as well. If you switch to level 60 hunter, and call them again, they'll come running in as a level 45 force instead, since they're not registered as a level 60 force.

2. They typically use whatever you use when you play as them. As for if they prefer a specific weapon or not, I'm not positive about that, since I usually use a sword on my hunter main, but my last session had me using a gunslash and I've noticed he uses that almost exclusively. I think if you want them to use a specific weapon, you have to have it equipped when you register your friend partner.

3. No idea, but I'm tempted to guess the "condition master" one, since being weakened by Weak Bullet is technically a short-lasting condition.

4. Yes, just like your alt when you're on your main. MAKE SURE YOU RE-REGISTER AFTER YOU LEVEL UP OR CHANGE JOBS UNLESS YOU WANT TO KEEP YOURSELF REGISTERED AS A HIGH-LEVEL CLASS. I can't stress this enough. I made a few friends between my main and my first alt account, and it looks like only one or two people only keep up with registering their characters on a normal basis. I typically do it at the end of each session or after I level.

Aka
May 24, 2013, 09:13 AM
Careful doing this, though - you never know if Sega will take a gander at the logs for those guys and see the same IP address logging in on all those accounts, combined with the fact that they're only logged in one at a time, combined with the fact that they keep calling each other and giving each other good job bonuses.

You mean like those losers who create over 100 accounts to boost thier own room rankings every week? Sega doesn't seem to care or are completely oblivious because they've been at it for months now.

Calsetes
May 24, 2013, 09:17 AM
You mean like those losers who create over 100 accounts to boost thier own room rankings every week? Sega doesn't seem to care or are completely oblivious because they've been at it for months now.

Eh, I personally have something like 6 accounts, but I try not to "boost myself" with anything much. Still, it sucks that some people abuse the system that badly.

AgemFrostMage
May 24, 2013, 11:20 AM
Okay, I think you're mixing up "friend partners" and "alts" a bit here but I'll try to be clear;

First of all on one account you can only have one friend partner registered. Any other character on that account (i.e. an alt) can use that friend partner, as can all your friends.

Your own friend partner works the same as anyone else's i.e. My registered partner is Teslana, my 60/55 Force/techer, when I load her in on Aeryn, my alt, she scales down to Aeryn's level; 26/13 --the same as any other partner I load on my alt

so with your specific questions;

1) Assuming your registered partner is the higher level, it will scale down when your alt loads it. Your alt is it's own separate character and needs to be leveled as such.

2)To the best of my knowledge all of them, but they seem to favour the ones that you use most frequently (though I have seen mine do some ridiculously dumb stuff)

3)I genuinely have no idea. At a guess one of the attack based personalities.

4)I think I answered that above, but I'll add The character registered as the friend partner cannot use themself and you may only have one registered. If you have multiple accounts and friend yourself this'd be possible, but all friend partners scale down to the level of the person calling them. If the person calling them is higher than the registered person, they are the level that they were registered at and no higher.

edit: okay, 10mins is more than ninja'd but I got distracted...

So it scales down but not up? That's such bullshit I hate when things do that whenever there's scaling it should always work both ways. Yeah they really need to fix NPC AI everything dies and usually weak bullets the wrong thing, though Afin once weak bulleted Gwanaha's stomach, then I just safoie away as usual when he's stunned.

I don't mean like an alternate account, but would purchasing an alternate character be worth it? NPCs in the game have no subclass, so they have no subclass stat bonuses, and Echo doesn't always use zonde when I use zondeel but then again I prepare for it anyway.

Calsetes
May 24, 2013, 11:34 AM
I don't mean like an alternate account, but would purchasing an alternate character be worth it? NPCs in the game have no subclass, so they have no subclass stat bonuses, and Echo doesn't always use zonde when I use zondeel but then again I prepare for it anyway.

That's entirely up to you, then. An alternate account gives you a guaranteed partner card you can call on if you befriend your alt account, but it means any account-wide unlockables are limited to only that one character account you unlocked it on, along with stuff like 3-day shop passes and such. Plus, no easy way to send items to yourself, since you have to be premium to accept or start trades. Also, your one character can be every class, no problem - so having alts of different classes isn't "needed."

I only make alts because not only do I usually play by myself 99% of the time, buying AC is a pain in the ass if you're not in Japan unless you pay a rather hefty markup, and I'm the kind of guy who likes having "This character is my hunter, this character is my ranger, this character is my force, this character is a mean melee-and-ranged character, etc." Hell, I had 35 characters or so in Champions Online, and every character could use every power if they wanted to there.

jooozek
May 24, 2013, 11:43 AM
making alts is generally meh because optimal class combos require from you grinding multiple classes
so best to stick to one char and get 3 differrent pure attack mags instead
also, extreme passes daily limit is per account apparently, so even more reason to stick to just one char

AgemFrostMage
May 24, 2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah making an alt doesn't sound worth the extra trouble if I buy anything maybe some mags and extra talent trees.

Courina
May 25, 2013, 08:12 AM
Friend Partner and Clone Depend on :

-Master Level , they Scaled on who summon em , for Clone, Their Opponent.

-1st Sub Pallete Bar you use when register it / Entering Darker den . they gonna ignore Sub Pallete 2 ,3 ,5 and 6 , depend which Sub Pallete Page you use.

-Wearing same gear as the Equiptment you wear when Registering it/ Entering Darker Den. Minus Grind level. Affix Retained.

-Using What you install in your Weapon bar, including PA, Despite they able to change weapon, most of time they dumb enough to change from 1st slot weapon (Exploitable to make Dumb Clone, put weapon that not related with your class at 1st slot, and they cant use the PA)

Note : Clone only have epicly load more HP than Friend Partner, they technicaly actually same.

TaigaUC
May 25, 2013, 08:48 AM

Oh? Yet another reason behind Sega boasting about having so many registered accounts.

Laxedrane
May 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
I would like to throw this random fact out there although not as important. If you do have more then one character on an account. You can only register one as your friend partner. However, oddly enough, any one of your alts that are not registered can call the register Character as an npc partner.