PDA

View Full Version : Started on very hards, need help.

AgemFrostMage
May 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
Hi, I cleared very hard dessert but am having trouble with Vol Dragon. When he hits he usually one shots and I have armor that is grinded to 7 or 8. I kept hitting the tale and nose but nothing broke and Sazan always hits for 450 while samegid 1200 if all three hit. Is there something I'm missing? Will we start seeing meaningful stat gains after 41 again or will good weapons and armor still be unobtainable until a few more levels? Should I get my techer up to 40 or will points in wind or dark make little difference? A wind skill immediately hits its target even through cover so it's a safer way of fighting and I have barta for freezing feet. Also took over an hour to do the hard Naberious TA since I'm doing the extra 5 skillpoint quest and have a +8 grinded talis. I also haven't really fed my mag yet, should I start?

Rende
May 25, 2013, 09:57 AM
That's really a lot of questions you are throwing at once lol.
What weapon are you using?
You should level tech and get ele weak hit and pp convert to make things easier.. Never hurts to lvl the sub to 40 since its still pretty easy to lvl until after 45.
And you should really find a team to do tacos with because its faster.

Rien
May 25, 2013, 10:20 AM
Why the hell are you fighting with Sazan and Samegid, to begin with?

Ezodagrom
May 25, 2013, 10:22 AM
Against Vol Dragon... I guess you could try Zonde?
I just use ice techs, like gibarta or rabarta, I don't care much about being "efficient", to me it just feels right to use ice against a fire dragon, haha...

Leveling up the subclass helps, since there's a small boost in stats, plus the skills from the subclass tree.

And you definitely should have started feeding your mag long ago, its stats add to your own stats.
If you want to be able to equip better weapons earlier, focus on T-ATK. You can give it tech weapons (rods, talis, wands), and, if you don't want to increase DEX, you can alternate between tech weapons and trimates (trimates increase T-ATK, T-DEF and decrease DEX, tech weapons increase T-ATK, DEX and decrease T-DEF, by alternating between both, in the end you're just increasing T-ATK).

Dextro
May 25, 2013, 10:48 AM

Vol's weak points are vulnerable to Dark, it actually works really well.
Sazan though? No clue...

AgemFrostMage
May 25, 2013, 10:59 AM

Samegid is good from a distance and sometimes even all 3 hit the tail or nose while Sazan starts its damage from the target not caster. Sabarta is too slow I tried it and Rafoie is only one hit and he has fire resistance. The damage is small but a guaranteed hit for 3 ticks.

Daemyn
May 25, 2013, 11:54 AM
why not well if you like being crazy and want to be cheap get in it's face and shove all three of regular Zan's sickles up it's nose then run like hell because squishy force.

sa megid it many times safer and a little more efficent if timed right for both nose and top horns

I used to use gibarta or sazonde on his nose and top horn untill we got wind and dark techs so you could try that that method too I guess

gibarta's range is longer than it looks as well which might help some.

AgemFrostMage
May 25, 2013, 03:14 PM
why not well if you like being crazy and want to be cheap get in it's face and shove all three of regular Zan's sickles up it's nose then run like hell because squishy force.

sa megid it many times safer and a little more efficent if timed right for both nose and top horns

I used to use gibarta or sazonde on his nose and top horn untill we got wind and dark techs so you could try that that method too I guess

gibarta's range is longer than it looks as well which might help some.

I did that with safoie and would work well if not for the fire resistance.

LonelyGaruga
May 25, 2013, 03:48 PM
Use Zonde on the tail. When it breaks, repeatedly use Rabarta on the legs to freeze it (if you want to freeze the legs, that is). Rabarta hits multiple times for the same freeze rate as Barta, making it the most efficient tech for freezing Vol Dragon's legs. Gibarta has a tendency to hit Vol in non-specific areas, which makes it difficult to get much out of. Sabarta is only going to be useful when Vol's reforging the tail crystal after a break, and you're better off with other damage oriented techs.

While Vol Dragon is vulnerable, just try to get as much damage as you can done on the head or back spikes. If you want, you can refreeze Vol Dragon's legs when it frees itself, or continue to focus on a breakable part until it breaks in an effort to get it to flinch and restart the forging process. At your current level, refreezing is probably the more effective method. I am quite sure that Vol Dragon gains a resistance to freezing every time it gets frozen, but I cannot confirm this. If my suspicion is correct, then refreezing it will be a less effective method as the fight goes on. This is merely something I've noticed while fighting it and may be coincidental.

Now, to address your other questions: No, stat gains are not more meaningful from 40+ than they were before 40. Personally, I've never had problems with getting hit by Vol Dragon at all, even before I knew how to fight it and took 40+ minutes on it. Just learn its cues. One thing you could do is complete easier VH quests to get level 11+ techs and possibly better weapons/units, which will help your damage output/defense. Chances are good everything will two-shot you, but that's just how things are when you hit VH.

There is essentially no reason not to level up your subclass, so go ahead. You don't need to, but it would be a good idea. Feeding your mag is an important thing to do since it boosts your stats, so plan out what you want to be able to equip on your character, then raise your mag so that you can equip everything you need. Should you have leftover points, put them into T-ATK or something.

Cyclon
May 25, 2013, 04:03 PM
Don't know if this will help you, but here's how I go(went, now that I deal uber damage it really doesn't matter anymore) when I solo him.
Basically you need to planify through the damage you deal to him(more precisely to his front horn) so that when you break his tail, you have enough time to finish the front horn, so that he has to go through the entire animation of rebuilding his tail again. Then ideally you wail on his head before he's done, so that he gets stunned and has to restart once more. After all that he should be under 25% health, so you just have to finish him off. You can add the top horn to this strategy if you feel like it.
A good way for this to work is to concentrate your attacks on the front horn until he goes under the ground for the first time, then break his tail. As I believe you know, he stays stunned longer that way.

Otherwise, I believe rabarta or gibarta are better choices to freeze him, you should start feeding your mag as soon as you know for sure which class you're going to main... consider putting some hp affixes on your stuff if your health is too low, aaaand go for the HP drink rather than the shifta drink anytime you solo a boss you're having problems with.
Leveling your techter could help if you haven't got PP restorate and PP convert yet, but it isn't mandatory to fight vol.

Limbo_lag
May 25, 2013, 09:39 PM
Also recommend either getting better armor, or grind the armor you are currently using to +10 - shouldn't be too difficult, even for high rarity armors.

AgemFrostMage
May 26, 2013, 06:29 AM
Don't know if this will help you, but here's how I go(went, now that I deal uber damage it really doesn't matter anymore) when I solo him.
Basically you need to planify through the damage you deal to him(more precisely to his front horn) so that when you break his tail, you have enough time to finish the front horn, so that he has to go through the entire animation of rebuilding his tail again. Then ideally you wail on his head before he's done, so that he gets stunned and has to restart once more. After all that he should be under 25% health, so you just have to finish him off. You can add the top horn to this strategy if you feel like it.
A good way for this to work is to concentrate your attacks on the front horn until he goes under the ground for the first time, then break his tail. As I believe you know, he stays stunned longer that way.

Otherwise, I believe rabarta or gibarta are better choices to freeze him, you should start feeding your mag as soon as you know for sure which class you're going to main... consider putting some hp affixes on your stuff if your health is too low, aaaand go for the HP drink rather than the shifta drink anytime you solo a boss you're having problems with.
Leveling your techter could help if you haven't got PP restorate and PP convert yet, but it isn't mandatory to fight vol.

Thanks =) There are talis/rod/wand only client orders that involve killing Vol Dragon so I can't always bring a partisan hunter whenever I need to do timed attacks or others. I maxed PP restorate, and I upgraded to the crystal dragon set one even has a mind one and another piece has a stamina skill that raises HP. I'm in the process of grinding them but they mostly give T-DEF so I'm grinding to bring the others up to par. After only two levels after the last time I beat hardmode Dark Ragne =) The armor and points into charged tech boost went a long way... or I just had the sense to jump, clip through him and whack the core with safoie after all the legs broke this time.

If only force had speed rain =(