PDA

View Full Version : Just before I sell them off...

Ledo2013
May 26, 2013, 07:14 PM
Aside from the boosted stats is there some special use to the items with '... Sol' e.g. 'Signo Sol', 'Malmo Sol', ... once I found items with better attributes?
Or is there some hidden further use to those?

Thx in advance!

gigawuts
May 26, 2013, 07:20 PM
Those would be souls. There's only really a handful of valuable ones, mainly the ATK ones. Stuff like signo and malmo tend to be worthless, because there's so many being spawned but so little demand for them. Feel free to clear your bank of them (preferably by vending, as they really won't sell in the player shops at any decent pace), and if you ever find yourself needing them just buy them from the player shops. It's doubtful you'd need them, though.

Their only real purpose would be for the affix chance boosts. For instance, signo is pretty cheap, and it boosts Mirage III success. That's nice if you want to put Mirage III on a weapon, although it's not really very good so I wouldn't recommend it. You can use Quartz Soul for Panic III, Gwana Soul for Poison III, Fang Soul for Power III and Shock III, etc. They have zero effect after the affixing, they're only useful for coaxing Dudu. Most souls boost 1-3 things, although a few boost nothing at all.

Z-0
May 26, 2013, 07:21 PM
Signo (well used to be, gotta be 4s+ Unit now) and Malmo are actually worth a lot lol. :/

gigawuts
May 26, 2013, 07:22 PM
Wait, since when? What's malmo used for? Is freeze suddenly a valuable SE?

I know signo varies, but malmo?

Z-0
May 26, 2013, 07:31 PM
I suppose it is for Freeze, yes, since Freeze is invaluable on Vol Dragon (especially in Altar TA), although Malmo Soul costs a lot on units too...

eg: 2s Malmo Soul goes 22k -> 33k
3s Malmo Soul goes 31k -> 42
4s Malmo Soul goes from 105k

Units.

gigawuts
May 26, 2013, 07:38 PM
Holy crap, that's changed.

I looked it up, looks like it boosts stamina too. So that might be it.

Ledo2013
May 26, 2013, 07:47 PM
That makes me ask the next questions:
- Where do i see that 3s/4s/...?
- What is needed to extract the Sol of an item?

MoronSonOfBoron
May 26, 2013, 08:38 PM
That makes me ask the next questions:
- Where do i see that 3s/4s/...?
- What is needed to extract the Sol of an item?
You can view the affixes of a weapon/unit by going to the item info window and clicking on the third tab.

3s/4s (3 slots or 4 slots) refers to the number of such affixes on a weapon; this is important because synthesizing items requires fodder with the same number of affixes. When you synthesize the item, you must fill each slot with an available affix.

Adding a Soul affix to an item works the same way as adding any other affix: at least one fodder item should have the affix. Souls typically have low success rates, so multiple Soul items are necessary (and sometimes expensive). I believe items with the Mutation affix also improve Soul's success rates?

gigawuts
May 26, 2013, 09:15 PM
You need 2 of a soul to transfer for a 50% success rate, or 3 for an 80% success rate. The only way to improve a soul's success is by using more of that soul, or using an affix booster.

You can still get the boost to power III panic III etc. with just one soul, though. The soul doesn't need to show up in the mix. E.g. it's possible to do Power III Panic III, Power III Panic III, Power III Quartz Soul to get only Power III and Panic III in the selection box.

Aine
May 27, 2013, 12:14 AM
Freeze isn't really that important in Altar TA, FiHu have enough DPS without WB to break the tail before Vol starts moving around, so the other three can attack the leg while one FiHu disables Vol.

Malmo Soul was pretty expensive back when Forest AQ just came out and people wanted to affix souls but keep Freeze on Guilty Light, back then a 4 slot weapon went for about 400~500k, but it's dropped a lot since then. Occasionally you can find people who don't realize the value selling them for 1k...

fay
May 27, 2013, 05:21 AM
I need to add something in here.

When searching units for certain abilities, is there a better way to look for said ability without having to scroll through many, many pages just to find where the price starts?

Aeris
May 27, 2013, 06:06 AM
I need to add something in here.

When searching units for certain abilities, is there a better way to look for said ability without having to scroll through many, many pages just to find where the price starts?

Put in the name of the soul in the second bar instead of the first bar, on the selections down below, set it to weapons or units, ignore selecting anything else in the sub ones, down near the bottom there is the number of abilities on the folder weapon, select how many you want on it, its pretty much the same way for adding folders (soul/junk/ect) and abilities normally (soul/attack/etc) for affixing on your gear.