PDA

View Full Version : Event Picture Perfect Shot

TenebriS
May 29, 2013, 03:06 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/9985/logoauax.png

We are at the threshold of summer and that means time to get one more contest done before Phashions big summer Event.
This contest will combine all of the ways to bring out your character and his fashion. We want you to design a style fitting to your character, get a scenery to this style and pose the best you can! We want a literally picture perfect shot as the contests name implies, therefor you have to think through your idea.
It doesn’t matter which area or style you choose, but the altogether does. Naberius, Amduscia or Lilipa, even your teams or your “My room” are allowed. There will also be no restrictions in your clothing’s or accessory.
The only restriction will be that one character has to be the focus of the picture. If you plan on putting others into the picture as extras all the rules apply for them as well and of course you will have to do extra hard to stand out.
It’s the very best we want to see and I’m sure our creative community can pull this off. As I see themed rooms, scenic shots and great styles every day around here.
Also no modifying with Photoshop or any programs of that kind are allowed, it has to be a screenshot out of the game.
Of course you are allowed to enhance your graphics with whatever settings you can create for the game to run it(forced AO etc.), but the graphics don’t matter at all in this as even low quality shots can be done picture perfect.

RULES:
To summarize it and make sure the points are clear I will list it again what matters in this contest:
> Character
> Characters Fashion
> Accessory
> Background
> Pose
> Weapons and Units
> Lightning (choose a fitting weather effect, this only affects users with high shaders)
> only 1 picture per person
> cropping is allowed but please read this post first about it!
(http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2981436&postcount=17)

I will accept your entries until 23:59 GMT+1 at the 7th of June 2013.

After the rules are clear now we come to the how to enter.
To avoid copying of ideas I would prefer to get your entries in a PM, to whoever sends in I will answer and tell him that I received the message. It’s the best to protect your ideas and ensure more fairness.
Anyone is allowed to enter this contest no matter when he joined PSO-World forums, but to be sure there will be no fake accounts for the public poll I won’t count any votes from accounts made after the 29th May 2013 with less than 10 in post count.
As I usually do I will post all entries after the contest is over and will even tell my opinion on it, so everybody gets to see our community’s hard work!

Now comes what some of you like the most about contest, you can win something here!

1. 2000 webmoney code
2. 1000 webmoney code
3. 500 webmoney code

If anybody is not interest in webmoney codes we can try to work something out of a different prize. It happens that I got a lot of digital games at STEAM (http://store.steampowered.com/)I can give away, some newer and some older ones so I hope if you really don’t want the webmoney you will at least find in there something you would like.

Now that all is said and done I wait your PM’s and of course I will answer all your questions if you have any. You can ask here in the thread or in private message if you would prefer that and I will answer them as soon as I can.

Good luck to you all and thanks for your time!

Event Idea by:
Anonymous Friend, which will be revealed at the end

Event prizes donated by:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=30665 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=50)

Zorafim
May 29, 2013, 03:16 PM
Aw. The supposed water area supposedly coming up next won't be about (supposedly) by the time the due date's up. I'll just have to make due, I guess.

NoiseHERO
May 29, 2013, 03:25 PM
Sound fun, hope you're all prepared to get schooled. BD

SakuRei
May 29, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hmm seems interesting. And I guess I need to increase my post counts as well... ('' X~X)

-Since there is no limitations on pictures or shots, how many pictures can we submit? Maximum of?

TenebriS
May 29, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hmm seems interesting. And I guess I need to increase my post counts as well... ('' X~X)

-Since there is no limitations on pictures or shots, how many pictures can we submit? Maximum of?

oh sorry seems you missunderstood the rule, the post count rule only applies to accounts created after 29th of May. And it only applies to public poll voters, not for participants.

1 picture per person is what you can send in to me, but you can change your mind as often as possible until the very last day. When the time tos end in is over your last attempt will be taken.

SakuRei
May 29, 2013, 06:52 PM
Ohh... I see... That's a relief. Thank you for the explanation by the way. ( ^w^)-b

Grandia
May 29, 2013, 07:38 PM
I am looking forward to submitting for your contest. ^^

Vintasticvin
May 29, 2013, 11:33 PM
I'm no where near most phasion models levels but I'll do my best and represent the low quality shader and Caseal users!

Syklo
May 30, 2013, 01:44 AM
Wait, so no cropping is allowed either?

Meji
May 30, 2013, 02:17 AM
^ I'm highly curious about this as well. Sometimes it's kind of hard to get your character in the middle of the shot without cropping the image down. ^^'

Lostbob117
May 30, 2013, 02:23 AM
^ I'm highly curious about this as well. Sometimes it's kind of hard to get your character in the middle of the shot without cropping the image down. ^^'

You can close up to your character with the "-" on the num pad.

Meji
May 30, 2013, 02:27 AM
You can close up to your character with the "-" on the num pad.Lol, Bob, you don't have to tell me that. I take screenshots all the time, 'ya know.
Thanks for the concern though. xD

Syklo
May 30, 2013, 02:33 AM
You can close up to your character with the "-" on the num pad.
Which sucks, because:
>It zooms in too close
>The elevation is different, so I gotta set the elevation inbetween swaps.

For one shot i'm aiming for, I need to switch between far/close during a PA sequence, which is all the more difficult cuz of elevation differences.

for the others i'd try, I'd like my avatar to not be in center frame, but still focused on.
Hence the crop question

TenebriS
May 30, 2013, 02:44 AM

No, original screenshots please. But you are free to change resolution to something thats not as wide that would make it already smaller.

You dont have to be the middle of picture but the focus. Meaning that if you look at the picture, one character will stand out besides all the others. Means that you can get help of friends as extras or even a photographer.
I changed little of the opening text and replaced the "you" with "one". I think like this it's easier for some people as they can ask for help and it opens for some more possibilities.

Which sucks, because:
>It zooms in too close

For one shot i'm aiming for, I need to switch between far/close during a PA sequence, which is all the more difficult cuz of elevation differences.

for the others i'd try, I'd like my avatar to not be in center frame, but still focused on.
Hence the crop question

I see what you mean, and I understand why you would want crop. I will consider cropping for now and talk with the ideagiver of teh contest about this and will inform you about it.
For anyone sending in already, if rules change I will announce it and send you a PM about the changes, so eb sure you won't be left out on this change!

Thanks for all the questions, I hope my answers are satisfying to you. If you have any more questions please ask! :)

Ce'Nedra
May 30, 2013, 02:56 AM
Sounds good. Though maybe "perfect" is a bad choice, there is no perfection :P just messing with ya tene~

Syklo
May 30, 2013, 03:06 AM
\
I see what you mean, and I understand why you would want crop. I will consider cropping for now and talk with the ideagiver of teh contest about this and will inform you about it.
For anyone sending in already, if rules change I will announce it and send you a PM about the changes, so eb sure you won't be left out on this change!

Thanks for all the questions, I hope my answers are satisfying to you. If you have any more questions please ask! :)

Thanks for considering it~
Guess I'll need to think of other ideas for now.

TenebriS
May 30, 2013, 03:10 AM
Sounds good. Though maybe "perfect" is a bad choice, there is no perfection :P just messing with ya tene~
Oh my, just encouraging to aim for perfection. :P
I know you jsut messin here, but I hope you participate!!!

Which sucks, because:
>It zooms in too close

Hence the crop question

Talked with the ideagiver about this topic and we both came to the same conclusion.

While little cropping can be allowed, there shouldn't be to much. Simple cropping only, no extraordinary shapes; This is about the character AND the setting so the backgroudn will eb an important part, if you crop to much it won't do you any good.

Please consider these points first and try to do it on a normal sized screenshot. But if that jsut won't work you can try the cropping.
~It's how the character matches their setting so the background is important~

Ce'Nedra
May 30, 2013, 03:16 AM
Oh my, just encouraging to aim for perfection. :P
I know you jsut messin here, but I hope you participate!!!

Hehe of course I will. Need to find a nice spot that's all and get unlazy (main problem haha)

Meji
May 30, 2013, 03:16 AM
Yay, that's the perfect answer for me.
I'm game, thanks for the heads up TenebriS!

supersonix9
May 30, 2013, 06:20 AM
Must make a fabulous picture.

RadiantLegend
May 30, 2013, 07:40 AM
Hmm i'm blank on ideas but i'll see what I can some up with

AFKei
May 30, 2013, 12:37 PM
Hoo boy, another photography contest. Time to get to work!

*grabs camera and boards the Campship*

Ezodagrom
May 31, 2013, 12:14 AM
I already have an idea for a picture, so I'll definitely participate in this. :D

EvilMag
May 31, 2013, 12:20 AM
Meji: Pictures taken instantaneously! I'm a photographic genius, if I do say so myself! Okay, get ready for an instant memory! Look at the camera... Ready... Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Syklo
May 31, 2013, 01:41 AM
Crap

Just realised that the deadline is right after my exam period......

so I can't participate D:

yunamon
May 31, 2013, 08:43 AM
Maybe I should take the initiative? Tho I don't think mine is too creative, just some screen grab that looks nice, at least to me.

[SPOILER-BOX]

"The Sound of Wedding Music"
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/8901166205_70a5bfb2ac_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/yunamon/8901166205/)

Solo'd a para just now versus a rare Cat and a rare Vol...

My 2nd para visit... w
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinamori
May 31, 2013, 09:20 AM
How many entries are allowed?

Ezodagrom
May 31, 2013, 09:39 AM
Maybe I should take the initiative? Tho I don't think mine is too creative, just some screen grab that looks nice, at least to me.
Really nice picture, but, from the first post...

To avoid copying of ideas I would prefer to get your entries in a PM, to whoever sends in I will answer and tell him that I received the message. It’s the best to protect your ideas and ensure more fairness.
^^;

How many entries are allowed?
1 picture per person, but you can change your entry until the deadline.

Meji
May 31, 2013, 09:43 AM
Meji: Pictures taken instantaneously! I'm a photographic genius, if I do say so myself! Okay, get ready for an instant memory! Look at the camera... Ready... Say, "fuzzy pickles."I lol'd harder than I should.

EvilMag
May 31, 2013, 02:14 PM
I lol'd harder than I should.

I'm expecting you to spin down here from the sky in front of me and say that then take my picture.

Bambi Minaii
May 31, 2013, 03:28 PM
sounds fun :D

BIG OLAF
May 31, 2013, 09:25 PM
Good luck to any and all who participate.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 31, 2013, 09:50 PM
My attempting to take decent pictures days are far over.
Therefore I'm throwin in the towel

TenebriS
Jun 5, 2013, 11:28 AM
A little reminder for everybody, only 2 days left to participate!

I will accept your entries until 23:59 GMT+1 at the 7th of June 2013.

So if you plan to participate midn the time! ;)

Ezodagrom
Jun 5, 2013, 11:55 AM
Still haven't had the opportunity to take a picture for this, PSO2 RNG not co-operating with me. >_>;

yoshiblue
Jun 5, 2013, 12:08 PM
Who will be the ultimate photo lord!? Good luck to everyone!

NoiseHERO
Jun 5, 2013, 02:40 PM
Hehe losers, I got this in the bag... 8D

AFKei
Jun 5, 2013, 02:49 PM
Submitted mine! *crosses fingers*

Sayara
Jun 5, 2013, 04:44 PM
Good luck

TenebriS
Jun 6, 2013, 04:26 PM
LAST DAY

there is only a lil bit more than a day left, to check out the time you can use this link:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=259

so you still got a bit of time left to participate in this contest, take your chances on winning some AC! :)

Ezodagrom
Jun 6, 2013, 04:28 PM
Sent mine earlier today. :D
Hmm, there's 24h30 remaining until the end, so, I wish good luck to everyone participating. ^^

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2013, 04:31 PM
LAST DAY

You missed a fantastic (if overused) opportunity here.[spoiler-box]http://24.media.tumblr.com/d48a6eb0013f63673a7164cb69bb9540/tumblr_mfbhf1dz1g1r9arcmo1_1280.jpg[/spoiler-box]

ShadowDragon28
Jun 6, 2013, 04:55 PM
Sent my pic.

i pray i win... i really need some AC. U_U

SakuRei
Jun 6, 2013, 08:16 PM
Submitted mine just now...hoping that mine is allowed to participate... (I suck at thinking of photo shooting ideas x.x)

Bunansa
Jun 6, 2013, 08:30 PM
I really hope to see some awe-ing entries! Good luck to all participants. :)

Kise
Jun 6, 2013, 10:05 PM
I come at the right time..

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2013, 10:51 PM
UH OH EVERYONE IT'S KISE (who is u?)

TenebriS
Jun 7, 2013, 03:17 PM
! ! ! ONLY LESS THAN 2h LEFT ! ! !
(1h and 44min from this post)

if you wanna participate it's your last chance to do so! :)

redroses
Jun 7, 2013, 03:22 PM
Good luck to everybody who participates!
I look forward to seeing the entrees!

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 03:30 PM
Yessssss..... I look forward to seeing them all too *_______ *

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 03:30 PM
[double post because no one reads last post of a thread]

Alright truth is I'm the top judge.

YEAH WHO KNEW IT WAS ME!

Yeah I just acted like a competitive cu-I mean jerk and pretended I had nothing to do with contest to get as many entries as possible without wasting the phasion groups money. Since I figured my reputation (that I hope doesn't exist/no one cares about at least for this contest) might affect the contest.

If you were planning to enter and haven't yet please come up with something. BECAUSE I WANT TO PICK AT EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY OF YOUR BODIES *____* AND HOW WELL THEY CAMOFLAUGE INTO THEIR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT.

Oh wait maybe I will be beating you all since I whether or not you get to the polls! 8D

But no really good luck and have a nice weekend, Dr.Eastwood signing out.... Not really I'm not going anywhere.

TenebriS
Jun 7, 2013, 05:00 PM
Alright then, the time is over!

No more entries will be accepted at this point. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks to all participants for your entries!

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 05:04 PM
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu...

/hides trollface

I MEAN, DON'T WORRY I'LL TAKE GOOD CARE OF ALL OF U GAIZ!