PDA

View Full Version : English version for SEA on its way via Asiasoft

Marc G60T
May 30, 2013, 07:07 AM
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/asiasoft-to-release-pso-2-and-dc-universe-online-in-southeast-asia-6409039

Meji
May 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
Still no release date though.

sji67
May 30, 2013, 07:18 AM
After experiencing the community in Dragon Nest SEA, I don't ever want to try another SEA server again. Just saying.

jooozek
May 30, 2013, 07:21 AM
community aside, their service is awful
played only RO2 but jesus christ that was a mess

KazukiQZ
May 30, 2013, 07:26 AM
My prediction is the game is destined to fail if being handled by Asiasoft, they had ruined RO2 so bad, now the total people still playing are really low :/
Why SEGA choose Asiasoft? WHY?!! :argh::rant::mad:

Laxedrane
May 30, 2013, 07:37 AM
For those of us who haven't experience asaisoft. Anyone care to explain in detail why the company has such a bad rep?

KazukiQZ
May 30, 2013, 07:45 AM
For those of us who haven't experience asaisoft. Anyone care to explain in detail why the company has such a bad rep?
Bad management, in terms of players' service, bug fixing, and hack handling.
All they care is to update Cash Shop any chance they have, instead of solving bug and glitches that occur to players.
No interaction at all with the players, and the complaint done by players aren't taken seriously. there's one time that a player report there's players using hack and glitches, but instead of the wrongdoers get banned, the reporter get punished.
-This all happen in SEA RO2. Others can tell us about other games.

Noc Codez
May 30, 2013, 08:39 AM
All they care is to update Cash Shop any chance they have, instead of solving bug and glitches that occur to players.
No interaction at all with the players, and the complaint done by players aren't taken seriously. there's one time that a player report there's players using hack and glitches, but instead of the wrongdoers get banned, the reporter get punished.

They sound like sega of America.. Lmao !

Kierto
May 30, 2013, 09:31 AM
lol are people still going to desperately try to argue this is an April Fools joke this time?

Coatl
May 30, 2013, 10:30 AM
You know what would be a good april fools joke for real? Asiasoft handling NA PSO2.

Except it's no joke.

Arialle
May 30, 2013, 10:58 AM
ill just bypass my way to JP servers back if this happens....its like the end of the world....those who went on RO2 know the pain

coming from singapore i know how painful it is to play a SEA mmorpg and playing with SEA players generally....

typical potential SEA player comments

1. wtf noob dont hit the dark falz lower arms omfg noob quit this game please

2. going "VH TACOS LFP" every 5 seconds in lobby

3. AQ PARTY 1/4 ONLY LEVEL 55 AND ABOVE...THOSE BELOW GTFO AND WILL CHECK EQUIP

4. dude not happy? come find me *inserts teleport number and address* we settle this

5. 90% vulgarities goes " YOUR MOTHER blah blah blah "

omg the horror

Z-0
May 30, 2013, 11:04 AM
Reminds me of English players.

Arialle
May 30, 2013, 11:12 AM
TRust me english players aint half as bad as SEA players....if this happens prepare to see horrible english and alien languages everywhere...unless we form a b20 there...

And for those who doesnt know i heard asiasoft makes the game harder than the original to make ppl buy more cash....and probably not limited...

Theres probably a chance they could also make costumes go for 30 days peroid kind of thing rather than unlimited.....and im sure as well believe content updates will be barely available

Cyclon
May 30, 2013, 11:18 AM
That's bound to be pretty funny.

I can't wait.

Crysteon
May 30, 2013, 11:22 AM
If this is gonna cleanse b20 from its current stigma, then SO BE IT!

But yeah...I guess I'm asking for a miracle.

Gardios
May 30, 2013, 11:54 AM
I can't wait for this to end up just like their RO2 release. http://i.imgur.com/xHVpBD3.gif
^This still applies.

Although after experiencing iRO2 (which copies almost everything from seaRO2), I'm now worried the same will happen for iPSO2, in which case... RIP iPSO2.

Edit: Hm, makes me wonder if I should support the seaPSO2 skill translations on the skill sim... the mistranslations would be hilarious.

Requiem Aeternam
May 30, 2013, 12:45 PM
Reading all these comments makes me kind of glad that I wasn't planning on playing the english version. If Asiasoft are as bad as people are claiming (I have no experience with them so I'll take everyone's word for it) I don't see the game lasting very long.

EDIT: I keep seeing RO2 being mentioned. What game is it cause it's bugging me not knowing? ^^;

KazukiQZ
May 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
Reading all these comments makes me kind of glad that I wasn't planning on playing the english version. If Asiasoft are as bad as people are claiming (I have no experience with them so I'll take everyone's word for it) I don't see the game lasting very long.

EDIT: I keep seeing RO2 being mentioned. What game is it cause it's bugging me not knowing? ^^;
Asiasoft's own wrongdoing is the cause of most players to never trust them again.

And yes, Asiasoft DID make the game harder so that the players must purchase cash items in order to win.

RO2 is Ragnarok Online 2:The Legend of Second btw. It's the English version of KoreanRO2 :)

Requiem Aeternam
May 30, 2013, 01:04 PM
Asiasoft's own wrongdoing is the cause of most players to never trust them again.

And yes, Asiasoft DID make the game harder so that the players must purchase cash items in order to win.

RO2 is Ragnarok Online 2:The Legend of Second btw. It's the English version of KoreanRO2 :)

No wonder people hate them. Making a game harder so people have to purchase cash items is a scam, a pathetic one at that :nono:.

Never heard of Ragnarok Online before. Looking at some info on it, it looks like a game that I would probably enjoy.

Alenoir
May 30, 2013, 01:14 PM
Never heard of Ragnarok Online before. Looking at some info on it, it looks like a game that I would probably enjoy.

It's a grindfest. Don't bother if you don't have any friends to play with. Soloing Renewal is OK until you realize anything beyond Lv100 is just as bad as the old 98 -> 99 without the proper equip/cards.

Requiem Aeternam
May 30, 2013, 01:15 PM
It's a grindfest. Don't bother if you don't have any friends to play with. Soloing Renewal is OK until you realize anything beyond Lv100 is just as bad as the old 98 -> 99 without the proper equip/cards.

A grindfest? Nevermind then. I wasn't aware that it was one ^^;

blace
May 30, 2013, 01:17 PM
My brother currently plays RO2. It's grind after grind and grind.

It makes me wonder why for the Vita(Ragnarok Odyssey) it was changed from grind to a Monster Hunter clone.

As for the bad reputation, I've heard so many countless tales about asiasoft it's difficult to try to find one redeeming quality about them that makes them stand from the rest other than ramping up the need for CS.

Alenoir
May 30, 2013, 01:17 PM
A grindfest? Nevermind then. I wasn't aware that it was one ^^;

It's sorta one of those old MMORPGs that started it all. (Korean grinding MMOs, anyways.) It was famous like, 10 years ago. </exiROplayer>

Alenoir
May 30, 2013, 01:20 PM
My brother currently plays RO2. It's grind after grind and grind.

It makes me wonder why for the Vita(Ragnarok Odyssey) it was changed from grind to a Monster Hunter clone.

Created by different people. RO2:LotS was remade after Gate of the World failed (I liked Gate of the World more, to be honest) and is developed by Korean staffs. Odyssey was planned by GungHo (JP) or something and was developed by Game Arts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Arts).

Sp-24
May 30, 2013, 01:24 PM
Oh, so a free to play game that is supposed to be a domestic release has been sold to some company that milks their games for all they are worth with a cash shop? I think I've heard that story before, except the game was called Dynasty Warriors Online and the company's name was Aeria Games.

That story wasn't a very happy one, either - the game was a good year behind the Japanese version in terms of updates, came out with half of the content that didn't even need to be localised missing and was full of exploiters and hackers.

HIT0SHI
May 30, 2013, 01:38 PM
All this comments makes me loose the last glimpse of hope for PSO2 NA. e_e

Gardios
May 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
Guys, calm down. Asiasoft is serving the SEA region, not NA.

blace
May 30, 2013, 01:48 PM
Not like it isn't valid for people living within their service area.

Still, this is more news than saying "PSO2 announced for the west!"

HIT0SHI
May 30, 2013, 01:50 PM
Not like it isn't valid for people living within their service area.

Hope nothing similar happends on the NA release :|

DS23
May 30, 2013, 01:52 PM
I am NOT leaving my character behind nor am I migrating to a server with severely delayed and missing content. Maybe some of the kids who just idle all day will move but I imagine the main result of this would be no more new casual type people showing up.

Macman
May 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
Get your popcorn, this is gonna be quite a show.

blace
May 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
I am NOT leaving my character behind nor am I migrating to a server with severely delayed and missing content. Maybe some of the kids who just idle all day will move but I imagine the main result of this would be no more new casual type people showing up.

SEA being South East Asia. They only offer services in that region of the world.

Gigafreak
May 30, 2013, 02:53 PM
I clicked through the link in that Gamespot article to the Asiasoft investor Page. I... didn't see anything about PSO2 there, nor on the Asiasoft front page (which is in Thai, but game tItles were listed in English letters). I then tried googling for more information and basically found gaming news sites... that linked to Gamespot.

Where is this information coming from...?

blace
May 30, 2013, 03:04 PM
It's the link from the thread AIDA linked to: http://www.asiasoft.co.th/newsPreview.asp?contID=33570

voodlar
May 30, 2013, 03:13 PM
All this comments makes me loose the last glimpse of hope for PSO2 NA. e_e

I agree with this^

ShinMaruku
May 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sounds like Sega of Japan. :P

Gardios
May 30, 2013, 03:22 PM
Sega of Japan would win Company of the Century if pitted against Asiasoft.

Hell, Asiasoft recently introduced a cash shop item in seaRO2 that allows you to deal so much damage that you can instantly kill some raid bosses if every party member uses one.

KazukiQZ
May 30, 2013, 03:42 PM
Sega of Japan would win Company of the Century if pitted against Asiasoft.

Hell, Asiasoft recently introduced a cash shop item in seaRO2 that allows you to deal so much damage that you can instantly kill some raid bosses if every party member uses one.
Is there still people who play SEA RO2? xD

blace
May 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
Is there still people who play SEA RO2? xD
People that live in that region. Not like they can play on the US version since it's region locked.

Gigafreak
May 30, 2013, 04:31 PM
It's the link from the thread AIDA linked to: http://www.asiasoft.co.th/newsPreview.asp?contID=33570

Ahh, there it is, thank you.

Let's pray that the Western release is, ah, not subject to such a business model. And also not subject to region-locking, so that players from that region have an alternative.

Zipzo
May 30, 2013, 04:42 PM
This isn't breaking news as they are usually the default region publishers for all of their according countries for any major known game.

First of all, Asiasoft is sinister for their IP blocks. This doesn't mean NA will get one since they seem to neglect IP banning NA sometimes. Secondly, you don't want to play a game under Asiasoft, it's probably a worse omen than your Sega of America (though I've not much experience with SoA specifically so don't quote me).

Finally, their announcement means close to nothing (even for SEA people) because they neglect to mention any release date, so as of this point that announcement is as good as your announcement (worth a hair plucked from your balls). Although I will give a hearty laugh if they are localizing the game completely separate of Sega of America and they actually deploy the game before SoA revises their release date (if that ever happens).

I'm still shipping that the USA version of the game has likely been ostensibly cancelled :/

UnLucky
May 30, 2013, 05:31 PM
for SEA RO2, Asiagames:

Increased the Resurrection skill's cooldown from 5 to 50 minutes
Removed Large Bags as mob drops (5 more spaces than Medium Bags)
Changed a Khara quest (achievements, basically) that required finding three Large Bags to now require three Super Large Bags, which are $20 in the cash shop. Each. And are not tradeable.

The best part is that for iRO2, WarpPortal copied all of that AND removed town warp scrolls from the NPC shops, which are still available in SEA RO2 as far as I know. Of course, you can still get them randomly from cash shop gambles.

Don't act like this doesn't affect you.

Noc Codez
May 30, 2013, 05:41 PM
It seems that SOJ wants PSO2 to fail state side..Let's be honest they never ever treated US/EU the way they do our JP counter parts. I'll be staying where the grass is greener this time around.

blace
May 30, 2013, 05:50 PM
It seems that SOJ wants PSO2 to fail state side..Let's be honest they never ever treated US/EU the way they do our JP counter parts. I'll be staying where the grass is greener this time around.
Rather, they're making more money off of their regional market than their global market.

Up until the Portable spin offs, they had some interest in the west with the varying designs and planets used in PSU. From PSPo2 and Infinity they decided to focus on the national playerbase, by introducing more pronounced and more anime-esque PA's, characters and clothing.

Besides, they're also making a large profit from western players that play on the Japanese version as we have only a few options on buying AC and amount.

Meyfei
May 30, 2013, 06:29 PM
Can someone make an account on the OP's link and slap every single commenter who is crying about not having the game? Seriously. I understand some peoples idea for enjoying a legit english translation over a Really Well done Fan-Patch, but its sad when they cry out to a company that don't care even though it's them self limiting them from even enjoying the game Real Time without False-Update waits(as in, waiting for content OTHERS already know is coming, without data mining... as its already been released on the Jp serv.)

jooozek
May 30, 2013, 06:35 PM
right, because some english patch can make the whole community english and remove all that markup from those shitty webmoney resellers

Gardios
May 30, 2013, 06:37 PM
legit english translation

Eh, I can completely understand people finally wanting an English localization, they've been waiting for so long now (I don't think Asiasoft's English localization really counts as a legit English translation :wacko:)-

blace
May 30, 2013, 06:38 PM
I don't think Asiasoft's English localization really counts as a legit English translation. :wacko:
I had seen screenshots from their Dragon Nest and compared them to the US version.

It's all run through google.

gigawuts
May 30, 2013, 07:30 PM
Eh, I can completely understand people finally wanting an English localization, they've been waiting for so long now (I don't think Asiasoft's English localization really counts as a legit English translation :wacko:)-

Yeah, even if I never play the game seeing the localized story (not just translated - fully localized accounting for some/many/okaymaybeno cultural differences, etc.) will be nice.

Arialle
May 30, 2013, 08:10 PM
Whatever it is ill probably just vpn...hack...bypass wadever to jp / na svrs where the regulars are than playing the SEA server

AgemFrostMage
May 31, 2013, 05:55 AM
But I don't understand - Why wait for an English localization from Sega of America, who probably knows 0% Japanese in their whole team, and constantly makes translation/localization mistakes?

It just blows my mind, to be honest. How do you fuck that up, SOA? :twak:

I hate how things change so much in America. Some changes off the top of my head:

1.Dragon Ball Z had blood and a shirt that said "Hell". Was edited out in America.

2.Gun color was changed in another cartoon to look more like a toy.

3.Phantasy Star 2 had a gay character, but was changed in America.

4.Final Fantasy had a church, not a clinic. Though FADE is a cooler spell name than HOLY so is not a total loss.

5.Bars turned to cafes in Final Fantasy VI

6.Final Fantasy IV goes further into Kain's backstory in the Japanese version while America gets the easy version.

7.Naked characters in Phantasy Star IV were edited out, not to mention the entire Profound Darkness origin story. Though Chaz is a cooler name than Rudy =) A bad change that more than makes up for it is Lutz changing to Noah.

8.Too many to mention.

gigawuts
May 31, 2013, 06:58 AM
That depends on what they're actually localizing, and how competent the team is.

The best example of localization is still the rice balls turned into donuts in Pokemon. Who makes donuts that look like that?

Gigafreak
May 31, 2013, 07:02 AM
At first I thought they changed Rudy's name to Chaz so nobody would mix him up with Rudolph from Phantasy Star 2 ("Rudy" is common shorthand for "Rudolph," though PS2's character introduces himself as "Rudo.")

Then I found out "Alys" is supposed to be named "Lyla," Meaning they added a much more significant source of potential confusion, made worse in that there's even a city devoted to monuments of Alis.

Did Sega of America localize Phantasy Star Zero themselves, or did they hire another company to handle it... That translation went pretty well.

Shinamori
May 31, 2013, 07:16 AM
I hate how things change so much in America. Some changes off the top of my head:

1.Dragon Ball Z had blood and a shirt that said "Hell". Was edited out in America.

2.Gun color was changed in another cartoon to look more like a toy.

3.Phantasy Star 2 had a gay character, but was changed in America.

4.Final Fantasy had a church, not a clinic. Though FADE is a cooler spell name than HOLY so is not a total loss.

5.Bars turned to cafes in Final Fantasy VI

6.Final Fantasy IV goes further into Kain's backstory in the Japanese version while America gets the easy version.

7.Naked characters in Phantasy Star IV were edited out, not to mention the entire Profound Darkness origin story. Though Chaz is a cooler name than Rudy =) A bad change that more than makes up for it is Lutz changing to Noah.

8.Too many to mention.

I blame parents who let TV and games babysit their children.

Meyfei
May 31, 2013, 07:16 AM
That depends on what they're actually localizing, and how competent the team is.

The best example of localization is still the rice balls turned into donuts in Pokemon. Who makes donuts that look like that?

lmfao I always thought "Shit what kind of donuts are those, I sure would like to try one!" Finally did, rather tasty ;D

UnLucky
May 31, 2013, 08:52 AM
They're triangular jelly donuts

Shadowth117
May 31, 2013, 09:13 AM
They're triangular jelly donuts

lmao, thank you for posting this.

I'm just waiting for SEGA to disappoint my already low expectations of the English release. Its just so sad because if they actually tried they'd be able to get a lot of people to like the game, even with all of the clear problems it had when it started.

gigawuts
May 31, 2013, 09:28 AM
Such is the plight of bureaucratized game development.

They pool resources into developing a game, and if they think it'll flop because of its flaws they spend twice as much on a whole new, probably almost identical game (with more bloom) instead of half as much investigating and resolving its flaws.

Golto
May 31, 2013, 10:01 AM
SoA didn't do the localization for psu, SoJ did.

Gardios
May 31, 2013, 10:36 AM
...reading some of the comments here makes it seem like the last games you've played were 90s localizations. e_e

gigawuts
May 31, 2013, 10:48 AM
SoA didn't do the localization for psu, SoJ did.

This makes complete and perfect sense, really. It really didn't feel localized, just translated. It had a major asian vibe going on - and I mean more than most japanese games. It was actually kind of off-putting, because it seemed like it was trying way too hard to be asian. Like that one asian store in your local mall full of kids who keep yelling "kawaii" and "oh sugoooooi," usually making even the shop owners cringe.

Zettabyte
May 31, 2013, 10:49 AM
...reading some of the comments here makes it seem like the last games you've played were 90s localizations. e_e

When you're talking Sega, I can think of worse comparisons. Sure, the art of localization's come a long way, but Sega's no Atlus by any stretch of the imagination.

SakuRei
May 31, 2013, 11:17 AM
ill just bypass my way to JP servers back if this happens....its like the end of the world....those who went on RO2 know the pain

coming from singapore i know how painful it is to play a SEA mmorpg and playing with SEA players generally....

typical potential SEA player comments

1. wtf noob dont hit the dark falz lower arms omfg noob quit this game please

2. going "VH TACOS LFP" every 5 seconds in lobby

3. AQ PARTY 1/4 ONLY LEVEL 55 AND ABOVE...THOSE BELOW GTFO AND WILL CHECK EQUIP

4. dude not happy? come find me *inserts teleport number and address* we settle this

5. 90% vulgarities goes " YOUR MOTHER blah blah blah "

omg the horror

Well I'm from the SEA region and most of this are true, (especially on Cherry Credits games.) Well... I might probably stay here in Japan than play in the SEA region. Good side with that SEA players can cash up but...meh...Not worth it in my opinion...

Arialle
May 31, 2013, 11:49 AM
i guarantee it if SEA does happen

prepare to see every costumes going for time limit period before they expire

e.x 30 days wedding dress

gigawuts
May 31, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that's the basis of the gachaconomy.

Meyfei
May 31, 2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah, that's the basis of the gachaconomy.

Somebody say Nexon?

Cagedtaytay
Jun 1, 2013, 12:18 PM
This makes complete and perfect sense, really. It really didn't feel localized, just translated. It had a major asian vibe going on - and I mean more than most japanese games. It was actually kind of off-putting, because it seemed like it was trying way too hard to be asian. Like that one asian store in your local mall full of kids who keep yelling "kawaii" and "oh sugoooooi," usually making even the shop owners cringe.

Thank god I never went to that store.

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2013, 12:26 PM
I think you guys are taking this way too seriously.

gigawuts
Jun 1, 2013, 12:45 PM
I think you guys are taking this way too seriously.

Says Mr I'll Just Angrily Post About How People Shouldn't Pay Sega In Every Single Thread Ever Posted

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2013, 01:54 PM
Oh it's never angrily. I think some people paying are fucking themselves but that's another story. But the point still stands it's a SEA regional release and people are using that as "Oh lawd the US version will be shit." People need to take it easy and hell they might find enjoyment in what the game is than what it could be (Because we know Sega won't get there)

blace
Jun 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
If it has anything to do with a release outside of Japan in general, people will lose their shit and say that it'll have an effect on the rest of the world. This is PSO-World after all, generalizing everything.

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2013, 02:02 PM
If they must do that then some laughs must be had. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Rekku
Jun 1, 2013, 05:56 PM
While I have been reading the whole thread, I'm still a little confused about a few things:

Assuming this announcement follows through (unlike ours), how likely is it that Asiasoft will handle our English release? Do they only serve Southeast Asia? And if they do, is it likely that they will IP block Japan and/or the West? (I think someone mentioned that)

SakuRei
Jun 1, 2013, 06:30 PM
Well not all parts and regions of SEA will be included in that company *recalls Ragnarok II prohibited/blocked certain regions in SEA*

As long as PSO2 Japan/SEGA won't do a region block outside its country it would be fine.

Noblewine
Jun 1, 2013, 10:07 PM
I guess this is some good news but I'll believe it when I see it. =/

The Walrus
Jun 1, 2013, 10:22 PM
How exactly is this good news?

otaku998
Jun 2, 2013, 12:36 AM
If you know Asiasoft, you will know this is far from being a good news

Rekku
Jun 2, 2013, 12:43 AM
Well, the chances of SEGA stepping up to the plate are slim to none at this point, so I would accept any English version over none at all. I can understand Google translated shit a hell of a lot better than Japanese, so. Yeah.

Once final word is said on our version of the game, it will do no good to complain over long periods of time. Either play the sub-par English version of the Japanese game, or not. We aren't going to get much happier unless we play American MMOs.

D-Inferno
Jun 2, 2013, 12:44 AM
I feel like PSO2 taking a while to hit other countries was because they wanted to make $$$$ of of their drip-feed technique in the JP version, but wait until enough has dripped before bothering with other countries.

Totori
Jun 2, 2013, 02:26 AM
While I have been reading the whole thread, I'm still a little confused about a few things:

Assuming this announcement follows through (unlike ours), how likely is it that Asiasoft will handle our English release? Do they only serve Southeast Asia? And if they do, is it likely that they will IP block Japan and/or the West? (I think someone mentioned that)

Well for the US version, this means nothing SEGA of America will still be in charge. So worrying 'bour crappy asiasoft, won't matter for peeps in the states. Because the version asiasoft is doing isn't the official english version.

UnLucky
Jun 2, 2013, 03:14 AM
It certainly sets an example for other regional versions of the game.

Just look at RO2, where the international (NA/EU) version copied all of the p2w cash shoppy changes that the SEA version introduced.

Zipzo
Jun 2, 2013, 08:30 AM
I feel like PSO2 taking a while to hit other countries was because they wanted to make $$$$ of of their drip-feed technique in the JP version, but wait until enough has dripped before bothering with other countries.

I don't think you truly understand the meaning of "drip-feed" in concern to MMOs.

Drip-feeding usually refers to when content is or has been readily available, they just aren't giving it to us because they want to slowly released it over time, yet they could give it to us.

I imagine this isn't the case with PSO2 at the least, so far. It definitely was the case with PSU, and that had a lot of people angry.

In current PSO2, we generally are receiving a steady stream of content that I assume is the constant workload of the team running the game. That's not drip-feeding, that's just providing players with content.

Dan Maku
Jun 2, 2013, 02:57 PM
Does SEA include the Phillipines?

In that case, how about: no, no, and FUCK no? I absolutely LOATHE playing with pinoys and Brazilians.

Z-0
Jun 2, 2013, 03:10 PM
Brazil is nowhere near the SEA region, though...

...Also not all BR players are bad.

blace
Jun 2, 2013, 03:15 PM

In that case, how about: no, no, and FUCK no? I absolutely LOATHE playing with pinoys and Brazilians.
I said this before, SEA is South East Asia. Phillipines is part of that region and most cases region locked, with the exception of some games allowing people from the US to play on.

Zenobia
Jun 2, 2013, 03:26 PM

Will not understand till this very day why ppl don't say some and instead categorize them all in one group do you guys think before you post racial bullshit?

ShinMaruku
Jun 2, 2013, 03:57 PM
People are idiots you should know this.

Dan Maku
Jun 2, 2013, 05:02 PM
Brazil is nowhere near the SEA region, though...

...Also not all BR players are bad.

Granted, BR players are more tolerable than pinoys. I still have had very bad experiences playing with both on GetAMPED 2. XP

Ken_Silver
Jun 3, 2013, 05:19 PM
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/03/phantasy-star-online-2-english-version-coming-to-southeast-asia/

Found this article today. Not sure if anyone else saw it or posted it yet. I've been waiting a long time for a English release of the game. (Haven't been on this site for a while as a result.) Maybe we're getting a English client of PSO2 instead of our own release. I sadly refuse to patch the current one until there is NO chance of an English PSO2 game whatsoever.

Does anyone know if Sega is doing anything big at E3? Maybe a small announcement that this game isn't dead would be nice.

Anyhow, just wanted to share the information with the folks here.

Arialle
Jun 3, 2013, 08:09 PM
if this actually happens and all of us are forced to move there i rather we form a "ship 2" community at one block cause it will be much better than playing with general SEA players...

and im from SEA too sadly

Yutaka20
Jun 4, 2013, 03:52 AM
i freaking hope this would never happen
knowing how this gaming company works
it will make pso2 a downfall...
and rest assure u will NOT be seeing all ur sexy costumes in the game due to all the censorship
ur wet towel will most probably become a fully covered 1 piece THICK towel instead lol
as much as possible i am sticking to JP pso2 if it's possible.

aslan_blue
Jun 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
Refer to the article.

http://m.gamespot.com/news/asiasoft-to-release-pso-2-and-dc-universe-online-in-southeast-asia-6409039

Shinamori
Jun 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208068

UnLucky
Jun 4, 2013, 10:37 AM
Is that different from Southeast Asia?

shadonic
Jun 4, 2013, 12:10 PM
good god, they're letting Asiasoft publish this before even thinking about publishing it themself in EU/NA.

great move Sega, fuckign great move.
expect laggy as hell servers, and a community that will blow your mind.
giving Asiasoft a game to publish is the first thing you do when you wanna destroy your own games reputation quickly for the rest of the world.

http://cdn.lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Chaos Emperor
Jun 4, 2013, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VX7U2eL5m4

This is how I feel right now.

Looks like I will stay on the Japanese servers at this rate.

Shinamori
Jun 4, 2013, 05:14 PM
I'll laugh if this actually turns out to be good.

Swaggerjak
Jun 4, 2013, 06:05 PM
Who honestly cares if the outfits aren't as risqué? Does not affect gameplay.

gigawuts
Jun 4, 2013, 06:14 PM
Who honestly cares if the outfits aren't as risqué? Does not affect gameplay.

Dressup Dolls Online Star 2's gameplay revolves entirely around risqué outfits.

Take out the risqué and you may as well just be playing PSO1 amirite.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 4, 2013, 07:01 PM
Dressup Dolls Online Star 2's gameplay revolves entirely around risqué outfits.

Take out the risqué and you may as well just be playing PSO1 amirite.

Other than that it's the principle of the thing. If the original is vastly superior then why play an English version? An original product shouldn't hide aspects or water itself down, as if the original were somehow shameful in some way when it isn't.

UnLucky
Jun 4, 2013, 07:16 PM
only way the english release could be redeemed is if it sells nude skins for $20

ShinMaruku
Jun 4, 2013, 09:24 PM
only way the english release could be redeemed is if it sells nude skins for $20

Man we got nude patches for that.