PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Quests and DCs/Completion

Kierto
May 30, 2013, 07:55 PM
Seems a bit of misinformation around about this. What happens if you DC in an XQ? What happens if you complete floors out of order? Do they all register if you do them out of order? This is on Swiki but seems that not a lot of Eng players are sure about it still.

I had this happen to me today and the answer is: it is a complete waste of time and passes to do floors other than what is listed for your own target stage if you are going after completion bonus - they do NOT cumulatively add up.

Was DC'ed on Floors 30-35.
Rejoined my group to complete 35-40. No completion bonus received.
Went back and redid 30-35. No completion bonus received (progress notice also advanced to Target Stage 35).
Completed 35-40. Completion bonus received.

So yah 2 passes down the drain.

Basically if you want to help or join friends/randoms on floors that don't match your own progress it's a total waste of time/passes if you are after the completion bonus. You'd think if you did say 1-5 today, 30-35 tomorrow, and 25-30 the day after they would all get 'marked' as complete within the table. Nice design Sega! Pray you don't DC or crash.

The upside of this is that if you have an alt or something it can just sit on some particular floors and you can run it over and over if you want a certain boss or floor combo for farming..

Aine
May 30, 2013, 11:04 PM
You lose any items you picked up, right?

UnLucky
May 30, 2013, 11:32 PM
So yeah... what happens if you d/c during an XQ?

Z-0
May 31, 2013, 05:38 AM
You cannot collect any of the items on the console (they are wiped when you start your next ExQ). You lose your pass. You lose your progress.

That's pretty much about it.

Macman
May 31, 2013, 02:27 PM
Aside from EXP and meseta you gain, everything was a complete waste of your time and resources when you DC from an XQ.