PDA

View Full Version : 9th June EP2 info. What would you like to see in it?

Reia
Jun 3, 2013, 04:35 AM
For me Braver class footage.

But I was thinking back on PSU times when Grinding got revamped in 2.0 (AotI) to a much less hating system. I hope they do the same about affixing. I wouldn't mind if people start requesting it for me but I think the Affix system as it is is a bunch of RNG nonsense that if you expect to get a fully affix tuned gear with 5-6 slots, you better try that in a PvP MMO, more worth and much less troll rate.

How to improve it.

Make the affixes be upgraded and lost singularily. Like after the soul you can start upgrading one affix, then 2, they will still have their low chance on high tiers and their extreme meseta cost with base weapons being used. Losing an affix will still empty up the slot but not compromising the other affixes.

However, a limit for this must be made, I was thinking a max slot limit based on item rarity. Because that means you can easily add more affixes, but the cost will increase the more slots you have. As for the Slot limit would be set as

1-3* = x1
4-6* = x2
7-9* = x3
10* = x4
11* = x5
12* = x6

As 11* weapons are not that easy to find and must be farmed, let alone 12*. And there's no Armor units past 10* that ain't extreme quest rewards. This would make things a bit more balanced and still increase the moneysink and use of AC items. And reducing the frustration of Endgame players.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 3, 2013, 07:49 AM
A feature where our alts get the same level we do and shared inventory (unless all characters on an account share an item bank of course) So much time just for one character but sometimes we want a change of flavor without a loss of progress I made this in the character creator:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130603_082933_005_zpsb4d342ce.jpg

And more male costumes that aren't formal or impractical. I almost thought of buying a navy suit in game but the work clothes are too restrictive for a plausible combat. Actually, it is a "tuxedo" but looks like it passes for business instead of formal from the preview.

Also, leather jackets for men and leather skirts for girl characters =) And some cool rugged anti-hero outfits for men. Also rebalance trees give fire photon flare since fire is useful being fast and many weak against it while ice gets increased tech charge damage, and have ice mastery 2 more accessible like third down it goes 3 into ice mastery for tech charge increase, 5 into that for second mastery, if they don't scrap the 5 point needed. Actually, scrap 5 points being needed for next line anyway and keep it at 3. Fire is fine as it is and wacking everything with safoie is fun.

Annnd a random picture of me using zondeel with ramegid:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130602_110333_024_zps9dca10cb.jpg

Also for Na tier techniques to come out. Here is what I would do:

1.Nabarta is like Samegid but faster and does less damage (unless is weak to ice), so just as good as samegid overall but against the ruins exploration boss samegid is still better since it sits there waiting for samegid to take it down.

2.Nafoie is like ragrants but fire elemental and looks like a flame thrower but brighter, more concentrated, and better range.

3.Nagrants is Sazan but with light elemental with higher base damage and longer cast time, since light charges longer than wind and to compensate with a damage boost.

4.Nazonde is Safoie but lightning, and I'm not just suggesting this because I safoie the heck out of the Big Vardha core.

5.More boss fights as fun as Big Vardha =) Not as cheap as he seems at first the big cannons kill me the first time I attempted.

6.Back to techniques, Namegid is hard to think of. Maybe starts at target like Sazan (yes I love that spell but namegid isn't another sazan copy like Nagrants), but unlike it doesn't pull other mobs in. Instead, it is heavy single target damage, but consumes a lot of PP as a trade off for guaranteed hit and damage.

Edit: Sorry I read the title as what would you like to see in the episode II expansion.

Agitated_AT
Jun 3, 2013, 09:01 AM
Not just new content, but a massive "2.0" update changing/improving everything like mainly the enemy AI

Other than that I dun care

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 09:37 AM
At the moment I don't think much can be done to the affixing system without heavily changing the economy, so I don't think SEGA will touch it much. The most I wish for is a new protection item. Something like "If a slot is lost, replace the empty slot with a RANDOM ability."

This would make slot expansion much more tolerable. Put it in AC scratch and we're gold. Heck I think that those extra slots SHOULD be expensive but if you could expand at the cost of PERMANENT random abilities I would honestly be okay with that. It would be more viable for people to 5slot things that aren't so useful while people with lots of meseta can still get the perfect affix.

As for content, I'd like to see multiple weapon potentials come to fruition. It seems like something that could be implemented later considering there is a potential selection screen.

Other then that I Just want new content and less restricted Extreme Quests. I don't expect revamped AI until the next difficulty level.

Gardios
Jun 3, 2013, 09:40 AM
Class balance. More difficult content. More facial hair options.

That's it! I'd be happy with that.

lexstarshok
Jun 3, 2013, 09:43 AM
I wanna see some classic PSO bosses all updated and pretty.

And a block changer in team rooms. (And the ability to group up in team rooms)

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 09:44 AM
Katana and Bow not sucking.

Stuff that warrants the name episode 2, and not just a massive update in general.

Dumans better mean more hairstyles for dudes... I guess.

More stuff that warrants the name episode 2, and not just a massive update in general.

Stuff already said/about to be said.

Shadowth117
Jun 3, 2013, 09:55 AM
The game needs more interesting types of quests and quests that are always playable. Things like the GAM's in PSU would be cool to see for sure. Also, a general set of missions in the style of those of PSO and PSU, perhaps with only one normal and rare layout, would be nice for a change of pace from the monotonous randomness in current ARK's quests/free fields. In addition, having a category of quests that are very difficult for the average player to go through would be nice. Darker's Den was somewhat like this although now we are overleveled and it was always a joke in groups. Limiting, or disallowing usage of moons could fix this though provided the base mission is hard enough. Not all content needs to be (and some already isn't) aimed at the average playerbase.

More variety and interesting EQ's would be great too. A boss rush type of quest would be interesting for instance combined with an interrupt ranking. Maybe have a kill progression mpa quest where 12 people battle through 3 blocks to get to a massive final battle with multiple difficult enemies at the end and/or gel wulfs constantly attacking. Maybe have like 6 fang kitties with trees and 12 rockbears in the boss room. Perhaps disallow weak bullet in it. Something ridiculous like that might be really fun.

As far as class changes.... hm well being a force main... I would say all ice techs, all wind techs but zan, gizonde, and razonde need to be buffed. As it stands, these all suck even with a properly made tree for them. Which is another point too. Force needs a proper tree with their techniques to even do adequate damage. That shit is stupid and needs to change though I see it as far less likely. But most of all, I find it ridiculous that even with a focused ice tree my damage still isn't anywhere near adequate even on ice weak enemies compared to a lightning tree. Perhaps a master tier of classes will change this?

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2013, 10:03 AM
Also, a general set of missions in the style of those of PSO and PSU, perhaps with only one normal and rare layout, would be nice for a change of pace from the monotonous randomness in current ARK's quests/free fields.
Even though they have some random elements, advance quests are the closest we have currently to PSO/PSU styled quests, I guess.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 10:12 AM
Class balance.

Katana and Bow not sucking. being fun and not strictly superior/worse than other things

that'sit?that'sitsnapplecommercialquote.wav

AgemFrostMage
Jun 3, 2013, 10:16 AM
Not just new content, but a massive "2.0" update changing/improving everything like mainly the enemy AI

Other than that I dun care

Why just enemy? Partner NPCs need a buff and AI improvement too.

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 10:17 AM
The game needs more interesting types of quests and quests that are always playable. Things like the GAM's in PSU would be cool to see for sure. Also, a general set of missions in the style of those of PSO and PSU, perhaps with only one normal and rare layout, would be nice for a change of pace from the monotonous randomness in current ARK's quests/free fields. In addition, having a category of quests that are very difficult for the average player to go through would be nice. Darker's Den was somewhat like this although now we are overleveled and it was always a joke in groups. Limiting, or disallowing usage of moons could fix this though provided the base mission is hard enough. Not all content needs to be (and some already isn't) aimed at the average playerbase.

More variety and interesting EQ's would be great too. A boss rush type of quest would be interesting for instance combined with an interrupt ranking. Maybe have a kill progression mpa quest where 12 people battle through 3 blocks to get to a massive final battle with multiple difficult enemies at the end and/or gel wulfs constantly attacking. Maybe have like 6 fang kitties with trees and 12 rockbears in the boss room. Perhaps disallow weak bullet in it. Something ridiculous like that might be really fun.

As far as class changes.... hm well being a force main... I would say all ice techs, all wind techs but zan, gizonde, and razonde need to be buffed. As it stands, these all suck even with a properly made tree for them. Which is another point too. Force needs a proper tree with their techniques to even do adequate damage. That shit is stupid and needs to change though I see it as far less likely. But most of all, I find it ridiculous that even with a focused ice tree my damage still isn't anywhere near adequate even on ice weak enemies compared to a lightning tree. Perhaps a master tier of classes will change this?

Yes a Towards the Future quest might kind of nice.

But overall I just want quest variety in general. Stuff that is slightly rewarding, but most importantly is actually fun to play. At the moment PSO2 is one big grind.

I wouldn't mind some quests for speedruns, some quests with specific rare enemy spawns(Guaranteed but have to work for them), and some quests where you just stop and smell the roses.

HIT0SHI
Jun 3, 2013, 10:28 AM
>Class balance.
>More CAST parts.
>Border Break CAST parts
>Better All-Class mechguns.
>Realese ULTIMATE difficulty.
>For Braver Class, make Bows have an Anti-Air Photon Art.
>Also make a katana look like a PSO1 saber for Gundam cosplays.
>Make drops for weapons the same as units (I swear, I can hunt 10*+ units but I cant hunt weapons in comparison).
>Future masks to be perfectly placed on the face (for reference, go check the skull mask. Its a bit high on the forehead).
>Make Border Break weapons NOT suck in comparison to the mock weapons (Eight Ounces, Rappy mechguns, Egg Blasters, Space Tuna, etc...).

Shadowth117
Jun 3, 2013, 10:31 AM
Even though they have some random elements, advance quests are the closest we have currently to PSO/PSU styled quests, I guess.

Well I mean, for me and some other people, part of the appeal of those missions was that layouts and enemies were fixed. And in PSU at least, end boxes were a huge incentive to finish the quest since you got stuff from more than just creatures. In AQ's, you're getting only what the enemies drop. They are somewhat similar, but they're still not close enough to what I'd like personally.

@Blank: Yeah, I gotta agree with all of that. As we've talked about before, the lack of monetary reward for just doing quests in comparison to the crazy amounts that can be gained by merchanting all day is frustrating. It shouldn't be easy the easiest thing ever for people to make money, but its annoying that you won't get a whole lot of money from actually playing that game.

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2013, 10:31 AM
About Episode 2, mostly I want to see stuff about super very hard mode (or whatever it'll be called), dumans, the braver class and its weapons, and info about new areas and enemies.

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 10:54 AM
@Blank: Yeah, I gotta agree with all of that. As we've talked about before, the lack of monetary reward for just doing quests in comparison to the crazy amounts that can be gained by merchanting all day is frustrating. It shouldn't be easy the easiest thing ever for people to make money, but its annoying that you won't get a whole lot of money from actually playing that game.

Honestly I feel like the system itself is messed up. Not that I'm an economy expert or anything, but even if most money gained is from MyShop, merchanting, and gambling with Dudu, the meseta still has to come from somewhere first. And if you look at the way meseta is produced, there is one clear meseta reward above everything else.

So aside from the time when vendor prices were actually decent, Time Attacks are now the main way you introduce meseta into the system, and you can only produce so much meseta a day. Hence many people don't even do them and therefore don't put meseta into the system. Maybe if meseta rewards were balanced between all quests, then prices would not be so inflated. Many people think TACO's make things affordable, but think if they didn't exist. Maybe people would actually be forced to price things lower so it can actually sell.

Balance quest rewards, make them not just once a day. Make playing the game more rewarding in general. Make lesser rares worth something. Fixing a lot of this would make the grind much less demotivating for me personally.

Porkmaster
Jun 3, 2013, 11:36 AM
- Class balancing
- Improved AI (Partner & Enemy)
- "Common" rares
- The reimplementation of Section ID (never gonna happen)
- More content more often or less exp required per level
- Less dragons

Zyrusticae
Jun 3, 2013, 11:55 AM

I'd be okay with this, and a Laia Repca.

And some more actual PSO2-themed clothing, but I already know that's in the pipe, so...

Coatl
Jun 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
>More CAST parts.
>Border Break CAST parts

This. This please.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2013, 12:07 PM
My number one concern is something addressing exp. As it is, leveling a character or class that's behind the curve is a gigantic pain. I wish they'd just ditch the exp penalty entirely. But they have to do something about it if they want new players to stick around.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 12:09 PM
Honestly I feel like the system itself is messed up. Not that I'm an economy expert or anything, but even if most money gained is from MyShop, merchanting, and gambling with Dudu, the meseta still has to come from somewhere first. And if you look at the way meseta is produced, there is one clear meseta reward above everything else.

So aside from the time when vendor prices were actually decent, Time Attacks are now the main way you introduce meseta into the system, and you can only produce so much meseta a day. Hence many people don't even do them and therefore don't put meseta into the system. Maybe if meseta rewards were balanced between all quests, then prices would not be so inflated. Many people think TACO's make things affordable, but think if they didn't exist. Maybe people would actually be forced to price things lower so it can actually sell.

Balance quest rewards, make them not just once a day. Make playing the game more rewarding in general. Make lesser rares worth something. Fixing a lot of this would make the grind much less demotivating for me personally.

Tacos existing is a good thing. Their current implementation, arguably not (I feel they're fine, myself). Why is this the case?

It's a relatively controlled flow of meseta per day. Compare this to making meseta almost exclusively from farming in MPA's, like the early game. That was HORRIBLE. If you didn't spam MPA's all day every day, which was HORRENDOUSLY boring and incredibly off-putting for most players after the first 3 hours, you didn't have an opportunity to make money at all. That was it. Do that, or play Market Star Online 2. And, really, those are the only three ways to make money in this game.

Do I want the market to be so easily manipulated? God no. But that's how it is. Your average JP players, by and large, appear to be fucking morons when it comes to the market. I mean, seriously and inconceivably daft. Why price check what I'm putting up for sale? It's not like prices ever change, ever. Why put something up at a competitive price when I can mark it down 30%? In the west players are much more cautious and conniving on the markets, but good lord entire swathes of JP players might as well just trash half of the items they sell, and put the rest up for the going price - they'd probably make more money.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2013, 12:13 PM
Your average player, period, doesn't put much care or thought into pricing. This is hardly limited to the Japanese. Prospecting and speculating are just as viable tactics for making money in any western MMO as they are here.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 12:13 PM
We've apparently been playing different MMO's.

Coatl
Jun 3, 2013, 12:15 PM
Most of the people I know in PSO2 undercut in playershops.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2013, 12:17 PM
It took me ~10 seconds to find a thread complaining about extreme undercutting in WoW: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/65872469

5 of those seconds were spent trying to remember what I switched tabs to do because I have the memory of a goldfish.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 12:17 PM
Most of the people I know in PSO2 undercut in playershops.

Of course they do.

But by 30-50%?
It took me ~10 seconds to find a thread complaining about extreme undercutting in WoW: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/65872469

5 of those seconds were spent trying to remember what I switched tabs to do because I have the memory of a goldfish.
This doesn't really demonstrate anything except that most people who play WoW are also idiots.

But hey, maybe virtually every MMO I've never touched has morons climbing over eachother to mark shit down by 50% on a regular basis and then proceed to whine that everything they want is too expensive.

MetalDude
Jun 3, 2013, 12:26 PM
Market control is a huge thing in western MMOs. Why do you think there's a WoW AH app for your phone? For a good deal of people, monitoring the AH is like half of their game.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2013, 12:27 PM
Idiots is a strong word. Some people just don't care about their income so long as they can make their day to day expenses. If they turn around and complain that they're not making enough money to do what they want, that's a different matter.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 12:34 PM
Market control is a huge thing in western MMOs. Why do you think there's a WoW AH app for your phone? For a good deal of people, monitoring the AH is like half of their game.

Uh, I never said market control was a problem. I said people taking their shit to the market and being morons with it is a problem.

As in, a lack of attention to the market is the problem.

The result of people being morons with their shit on the market means prices collapse and soar constantly, allowing for easier market buyups&markups and making it more difficult for your average player, who will probably not have the desire, capital, time, or market slots to manipulate each market they have an item in, to sell things at the true going rate. This also results in many items briefly crashing to miniscule values, or miniscule considering you only have 30 market slots and something else probably will go for much more, means supplies of many items are lower than cyclical demand would suggest.

The peaks and troughs of the daily cycle, weekly cycle, and update cycle form a pattern, if you pay attention to it. But most people don't, won't, and shouldn't have to. The result of idiots crashing markets left right and center during troughs because they don't pricecheck things, or do but put it up at a severe markdown, is a net loss for anyone who doesn't play Market Star Online 2.

Z-0
Jun 3, 2013, 12:37 PM
Market Star Online 2 is fun.

The amount of people undercutting to the extreme is just stupid. Yesterday this guy kept listing so much stuff at stupid prices under market value. I snatched everything up (coz it happened during Falz so there was nobody else to take the stuff, lol), and am now in the process of reselling. I grabbed about 150 costumes and ~50 tickets, coming to about 80,000,000 meseta in all.

...don't ask, random Anecdote. Market manipulation being the fastest way to get money is just silly though, in my opinion. It should come from playing. . . I never made much meseta from playing, unfortunately. All my millions come from just sitting at the Visiphone and buying cheap stuff. >.>

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 12:38 PM
Tacos existing is a good thing. Their current implementation, arguably not (I feel they're fine, myself). Why is this the case?

It's a relatively controlled flow of meseta per day. Compare this to making meseta almost exclusively from farming in MPA's, like the early game. That was HORRIBLE. If you didn't spam MPA's all day every day, which was HORRENDOUSLY boring and incredibly off-putting for most players after the first 3 hours, you didn't have an opportunity to make money at all. That was it. Do that, or play Market Star Online 2. And, really, those are the only three ways to make money in this game.

Do I want the market to be so easily manipulated? God no. But that's how it is. Your average JP players, by and large, appear to be fucking morons when it comes to the market. I mean, seriously and inconceivably daft. Why price check what I'm putting up for sale? It's not like prices ever change, ever. Why put something up at a competitive price when I can mark it down 30%? In the west players are much more cautious and conniving on the markets, but good lord entire swathes of JP players might as well just trash half of the items they sell, and put the rest up for the going price - they'd probably make more money.

I don't think things should go back to MPA grinding, but I think quest rewards should be far more balanced then they are. And heck, no matter how "boring" you consider it as a way of making meseta, at least they got it from playing the game rather then hoping to get lucky with drops or gambling with Dudu.

The people who are already up there essentially just take the collective money from the people working from below. Tacos would be okay if they weren't SO far above everything else.

With better quest rewards there might be a reason to do something else besides AQ and MPA. I neglect to mention TACO's because most premium players I know now find them a waste of time. I feel like this dynamic is unhealthy, as the benefits one group (Paying players) gives the other is not as high as the other way around. Both parties could stand to benefit more. You're right there are some pros to a controlled meseta flow, but the hardcore player is a little left out unless they want to spend the majority of their time marketing. So essentially you're just replacing one evil(grinding) with another(marketing/rare hunting).

Edit: Also a lot of things get marked down because a lack of buyers. Which boils down to the divide in wealth. Honestly I've checked some of the buyers of my more expensive sales, and I can't see a reason why they would actually need it. Aside from re-selling it themselves. That and the fact that many weapons are reskins that are weaker then spellstone shop means it takes a very specific player to want to buy your crap. The economy is just not healthy this way.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2013, 12:42 PM
Honestly, I can't think of a single online RPG I've played where market manipulation wasn't the best way to make that game's currency. Actually laboring for income is for plebes. It's not that dissimilar from real life, come to think of it.

Z-0
Jun 3, 2013, 12:43 PM
Good point, I can't think of any game either.

I guess to make playing the most profitable way to play would be to cut out the market altogether. There will always be stupid people, and those people are going to be taken advantage of.

Porkmaster
Jun 3, 2013, 12:44 PM
That's only true if the economy in said game is stable and consistant.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 12:45 PM

The amount of people undercutting to the extreme is just stupid. Yesterday this guy kept listing so much stuff at stupid prices under market value. I snatched everything up (coz it happened during Falz so there was nobody else to take the stuff, lol), and am now in the process of reselling. I grabbed about 150 costumes and ~50 tickets, coming to about 80,000,000 meseta in all.

...don't ask, random Anecdote. Market manipulation being the fastest way to get money is just silly though, in my opinion. It should come from playing. . . I never made much meseta from playing, unfortunately. All my millions come from just sitting at the Visiphone and buying cheap stuff. >.>

This matches exactly what I'm describing.

People price things down way too low, much much lower than I've ever seen in a western MMO, temporarily crashing the market and making it impossible for anyone else to get or even know the actual going rate within a reasonable amount of time, and only people with enough capital can benefit from it and thus bring the market back up to its true average price.

This is extremely prevalent and problematic in PSO2. Easy examples are souls. Go ahead and just watch markets for a few weeks, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about and what's wrong with it. People get a ton of a soul, crash the market, and it stays crashed because of the sheer volume of items as people keep undercutting. Most people don't have the dozens of slots required for it, or desire to sit and stare at their shop listing to wait for items to clear out one by one. Or, failing that, deal with dudu to compress these items into more valuable items. This massively marked down volume could just be described as the new going rate, except since it's so low the flow of new items slows down immensely because nobody wants to sell something for 1k when they have a collection of things worth 30k. Somebody eventually shows up, buys up the whole lot, mass affixes, and all of a sudden the market is devoid of items.

This is good for the individual who has room to spare and keeps plenty of every item they get just for these situations, or a few hundred million meseta and likes to do affixing in their spare time, but that isn't what your typical player does. The result of all this is generally bad for your typical player.
Honestly, I can't think of a single online RPG I've played where market manipulation wasn't the best way to make that game's currency. Actually laboring for income is for plebes. It's not that dissimilar from real life, come to think of it.

You're missing the point, which is the scale of the manipulations. Markdowns in most western MMO's are not remotely as high as they are in PSO2, and more people pay attention to and manipulate the market, buying up items sooner and thus keeping it more stable - which is good for your average player.

edit: And yes, game economies mirror real world economies to degrees that would probably surprise most people. There are many, many parallels. The only real difference is, well, how people are tripping over eachother to do things despite the opportunity loss simply because "it's a game," meaning they later have to do many more things. Aaah, the people who say "I FARMED IT SO IT'S FREE."

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 12:51 PM
Good point, I can't think of any game either.

I guess to make playing the most profitable way to play would be to cut out the market altogether. There will always be stupid people, and those people are going to be taken advantage of.

You could also make the currency not viable beyond a certain level of play.

But thats besides the point I guess. I was just thinking aloud, though I do honestly believe both market manipulators and players could benefit from some changes. I just assume rares will sell more if 1) They were actually useful and 2) The average player could actually afford it. You'd think that every premium player is making bank at the prices these 10*s sell.

Besides that the meseta just goes to high-level affixes. A market also unreachable to a lot of players.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2013, 12:51 PM
You're missing the point, which is the scale of the manipulations. Markdowns in most western MMO's are not remotely as high as they are in PSO2, and more people pay attention to and manipulate the market, buying up items sooner and thus keeping it more stable - which is good for your average player.

I disagree with this, and I already cited why. The markets in western MMOs are nearly every bit as stupid as they are here. You're saying that they're not, and I don't know what I can do to convince you otherwise. I reiterate, you do not have to spend very long at all to find people complaining of absurd undercuts. And not terribly far from those people are people sitting on ludicrous fortunes as a result of taking advantage of those undercuts (god bless Auctioneer).

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 12:54 PM
I already said I could be wrong there, and it could be that most MMO's I haven't touched are exactly like PSO2. And if they are, my point is obviously wrong about the west being different.

The people doing it being dumb, though, and it being bad for the game as a whole. That stands.

Shinmarizu
Jun 3, 2013, 12:58 PM
When it comes to the player shop market, it's a matter of scale.
1) One can earn hundreds of thousands of meseta daily by grinding out Time Attacks, and this is a huge difference versus what one can make by other means (NPC orders, junk goods, drops).
2) There is an inflated sense of value tied to rarity - rare weapons, highly sought tickets for accessories/lobby actions/hairstyles, higher-order affixes on armor, etc.
3) There is, as far as I can tell, no ceiling to wealth.
4) Either you're lucky and thus rich, or spend a considerable time working on the game via TACOS or shop to get rich. If you're not one or the other, you're constantly chasing.

I'm not an MMO veteran by any means, but does every other game have a market dealing in the millions to tens of millions when the non-TACO minded person's weekly 'income' is roughly a million or so if they're fortunate?

I do not mind TACOs, but the idea that meseta is flying off the printing press that is one gentleman's CO list day after day only promotes the inflation of the market. Reducing the rewards for these or making other COs much more rewarding might level the playing field a bit.

EDIT: Good god. I type slow and all my thoughts get ninja'd.

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 01:05 PM

I wish I could get this lucky with shop camping, ugh. The best deals I've snagged are 1k souls and tickets that I invest in(And have to wait weeks before they go up in price).

Another complaint is that the divide is really strong between all these groups of players, so without any consistency its hard to tell what people "want." If most the players are casual, then they can probably afford most their aesthetics and get decent equips to carry them just from doing TACOs. Even if they are premium, they also don't pay much attention to the finer things like weapon element, souls and abilities on units, and whatever else can drive a price up. This leads to a lot of "noob traps" as well as a bunch of people using red weapons or common 10*'s that aren't even as good as 9*s. In turn this gets rid of buyers for the paying player who's marketing, either because the casual player doesn't care or simply can't afford it. That or it makes their job harder as guessing what buyers want becomes more difficult and risky.

So I guess you'd have to not only balance quest rewards, but balance the items as well in order to make a more predictable economy. Heck I don't mind marketing that much and my meseta income is pretty good from it, but its honestly more stress then it should be and it could be better.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 01:09 PM
When it comes to the player shop market, it's a matter of scale.
1) One can earn hundreds of thousands of meseta daily by grinding out Time Attacks, and this is a huge difference versus what one can make by other means (NPC orders, junk goods, drops).
2) There is an inflated sense of value tied to rarity - rare weapons, highly sought tickets for accessories/lobby actions/hairstyles, higher-order affixes on armor, etc.
3) There is, as far as I can tell, no ceiling to wealth.
4) Either you're lucky and thus rich, or spend a considerable time working on the game via TACOS or shop to get rich. If you're not one or the other, you're constantly chasing.

I'm not an MMO veteran by any means, but does every other game have a market dealing in the millions to tens of millions when the non-TACO minded person's weekly 'income' is roughly a million or so if they're fortunate?

I do not mind TACOs, but the idea that meseta is flying off the printing press that is one gentleman's CO list day after day only promotes the inflation of the market. Reducing the rewards for these or making other COs much more rewarding might level the playing field a bit.

EDIT: Good god. I type slow and all my thoughts get ninja'd.

Well, that varies. In many MMO's the barrier to baseline "rich" amounts of money (in this game let's call that 100m, in other games it could be billions, millions, whatever), where you can make all you'd ever need for just typical play by intelligently but lazily reinvesting in the market instead of needing to ever farm anything again, the path may have better pacing and is probably not dependent on the game's RNG, but is still susceptible to player spending habits, which are largely driven by the game dev's actions (which can be guessed in advance if you have a firm grasp of most of the game's mechanics). Also, paying attention to what's going on amongst the players is probably a really good idea. Sudden shifts in fad builds, or warring groups, or areas falling into turmoil, etc. should be exploited, or could easily result in a pretty big loss in your wealth depending on what you invest in.

In PSO2, well, real money hurdles and RNG-driven content is all you have. Affixing, grinding, the shop passes themselves, all of it revolves around getting lucky (or more specifically, not getting UNlucky), benefiting from items obtained via a real money purchase by either yourself or someone you've supported with meseta, and possibly spending real money yourself for a shop that lasts longer than 3 days at a time.

So, shorter answer: Not if you pay attention and use some wit, but if you don't the end result can be the same except for different reasons.

Shinmarizu
Jun 3, 2013, 01:18 PM
You could also make the currency not viable beyond a certain level of play.

But thats besides the point I guess. I was just thinking aloud, though I do honestly believe both market manipulators and players could benefit from some changes. I just assume rares will sell more if 1) They were actually useful and 2) The average player could actually afford it. You'd think that every premium player is making bank at the prices these 10*s sell.

Besides that the meseta just goes to high-level affixes. A market also unreachable to a lot of players.

Such is the arms race in Market Star Online 2. It does not make PSO2 enjoyable to play when you know you HAVE TO grind COs (requires time and effort, as well as assistance) or manipulate market (requires timing and a large sum of starting wealth) to get your gear to 'comparable' levels. And even that's an inflating concept, which only compounds matters.

As someone upthread mentioned, this economy is run quite in tune with that in the real world, and that is unsettling. Maybe this game is better off a market sim instead of a grindfest?

Make meseta obtainable at a reasonable rate for all involved, and allow a greater level of parity across currency gathering, character progression and weapon/unit strength.

And that's only a few of the things I can think of for improving this thing, for now or Ep. 2. Not getting into class balance/design or anything like that for now.

Zenobia
Jun 3, 2013, 01:25 PM
Another reason if at all is that now 10*'s are locked between passes and that in itself makes buying things or ppl buying from you a hassle in a sense and I am still shaking my head off of this finding your own 10* is a good sense of accomplishment.

Now sega caved and now shit is just all over the place.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 01:25 PM
Well, anything that is a large collection of human beings is going to mirror a larger collection of human beings. Which is all economies are.

Really, this is a reason to learn more about fundamental economics than a reason to change the game. It's a pretty neat opportunity if you're willing to take advantage of it, but some people aren't interested in learning anything while they play a game so YMMV.

That said, something I found particularly intriguing about PSO1 was that it was essentially a de facto barter-based economy. Photon Drops were definitely a currency, for sure, but they weren't necessarily common. You might have some PD's, but generally most people seemed to have items that added up to much more than their collection of PD's. Most people also wanted to keep their PD's unless it was an easy trade - which meant lots of item for item trades. That was an interesting thing to watch, because items didn't need grinding to be good. an L&K Combat with hit was good and stayed good for that level. You found that thing, used it, and traded it to either a new player or someone with an alt of the appropriate level, or wanted it for whatever reason you can imagine (it does look cool). Or maybe you kept it for yourself for any number of the same reasons.

Now most items become disastrously worthless 2 months after they're introduced, and can't even be resold if you've equipped them unless they're 10*, in which case the buyer needs to have a pass which requires sacrificing a 10* during an active premium sub at some point. I mean, I don't even...

Zenobia
Jun 3, 2013, 01:34 PM
I will never understand...I mean trading in a 10* wep it might even be one of your fav weps lets say Dragon slayer is your only 10* now you see another wep you want. Drop rates being as shit as they are what are you gonna do now?

Trade it in? Or hopefully another 10* legitimately drops for ya and hope to god it something worth trashing so you can get a pass. SO much RNG so little time and this also wastes time to.

The more I dwell and play the scenario in my head the sillier it becomes as it comes down 3 words.

PICK YOUR POISON<3

Shinmarizu
Jun 3, 2013, 01:40 PM
It's gotten to the point that I've had to study and learn these phenomena to keep myself from going "Must TACO everyday or I won't afford anything." Life lessons and a crash economics course in an MMO. And even then, we're penalized for being unlucky.

The binding of 7* to 9* equipment was a very stupid idea. If you wanted return on an investment like that, you'd either (1) not equip it or (2) only use it as affix fodder after you're done using it. All this after the 1* to 6* equipment immediately became outclassed as soon as you were able to afford 7* to 9* stuff.

Now, 10* items are the moneymakers because they can be invested in, equipped, and then resold. However, with a new glut of 10* items being released every 2 weeks, your old 10* gear is hard-pressed to be either relevant or valuable, and this stupid trading pass requirement only make things more difficult.

Remember in PSO, when a pair of Charge Vulcan with good Hit% was not terribly hard to find, and could last you a significantly long time? Endgame even?

Revamp the weapon and armor system such that (1) normal gear is scaled accordingly such that higher-tier normal gear can still punch at weight, (2) there is no bind-on-equip, (3) rares are rare because of unique abilities and not the 5-slot affix you can put on everything.

EDIT: Granted, current 10* gear has much more longevity than the rest right now. But in due time, this will also change. Look at the market and tell me how many 10* armor and weapons at 10k to 25k you see right now. That will only get worse as new gear displaces old gear.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 01:51 PM
But then people would be able to play the game without having to grind endless hours (or avoid grinding by spending real money).

Yes, PSO2 sells itself by frustrating you. Such is the plight of F2P.

It'd be nice if Episode 2 focused on rewarding players for playing, and enticing them to buy things with even more rewards, like many of the long lasting F2P games do, but I can't really see that happening.

Z-0
Jun 3, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I'm just here hoping Episode 2 does something to make playing enjoyable instead of frustrating, and if that doesn't happen, I'm probably going to drop this game altogether, because it's obvious there's hardly any focus on the game itself.

Shinmarizu
Jun 3, 2013, 02:07 PM
It'd be nice if Episode 2 focused on rewarding players for playing, and enticing them to buy things with even more rewards, like many of the long lasting F2P games do, but I can't really see that happening.

It'd really be nice if Ep 2 did that, but at the rate Sega's raking in cash, we'll be surprised if we get anything remotely rewarding / improved at all. More likely, we get an unfinished game that feels like a carbon copy of this one, with slow piecemeal updates dripfed to make it look like they're listening to us and improving the game and oh wait.....

God, I need to turn down my cynic dial.

Z-0
Jun 3, 2013, 02:08 PM
Nah, you're totally right.

thematesV2
Jun 3, 2013, 02:11 PM
one thing they could do, is update how much meseta falls in each difficulty tier.
normal (*1)
hard (*10)
very hard (*100)

so if a mythical booma drops 5 meseta in normal mode, then he drops 50 in hard, and 500 in very hard. or some similar system.

It blows my mind that I'm struggling to earn 300k while i'm at level 45, and when I'm running in a v-hard party, I'm finding meseta drops of 15+1

perhaps if a vhard run gave the player 20-40k of meseta, we wouldn't have to lean so much on TACOS/ MP.

also, I would love to see the meseta fee removed to sell, or scaled up/down based on items. CO items could have higher fees, but cheap weapons(1-3 star) and 8* 'rares' both costing 1k (due to the rares being useless to higher level players?) is downright stupid as well. give us something to do with the 7-9* weaps that will make them more valuable to the upper level players.

even if it's an exchange system. 10 7-9* weaps for an excube. (or 20)
5 7-9* for a AQ capsule.
something other than popping it in the shop for 1k meseta. i'm tired of getting on the shops and seeing 100000 items for 1k that I can't equip for another 5-30 levels (as a low level character)

MetalDude
Jun 3, 2013, 02:11 PM
What makes me so cynical of this in the first place is that what's going to make them suddenly change route into super awesome rainbow land just because it's a bigass stunt update?

If it's still the same progression (Get pyroxene 10*s because rates are awful, reach level cap, do nothing), then I can't see the game getting any better. I don't mind it right now simply because I want to keep up but the game needs a pretty serious mixup to help it out.

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I'm just here hoping Episode 2 does something to make playing enjoyable instead of frustrating, and if that doesn't happen, I'm probably going to drop this game altogether, because it's obvious there's hardly any focus on the game itself.

Yeah seems like there's truly not much to look forward to with this game...

Maybe a couple new gimmicks here and there... Races that won't matter... an area ever few months that gets boring after a day...

The biggest things we're getting actual gameplay wise... would be the new classes... and harder difficulties where enemies finally start to attack differently.

the nearest example being that level 60 dark falz...

And then if that doesn't hold up what else could be next? @_@

Pretty much the few people left of my team are already 1 foot outside the door. Once they're gone so am I. But hey, that's one less time consuming distraction out of my life I guess. <_<

Aslinng
Jun 3, 2013, 02:26 PM
How the heck that game is frustrating ?!
You can do almost everything alone without relying on a guild to see end game content like in most mmorpg, example : WoW. WoW though, that making pick raid group automatcly is a good thing, so some players could see the end game content but that was just a good idea because usually those raids (even with guilds) are awfull and you've to endure to play with slackers for about 1 hour if you're luck and more if you're unlucky. THAT IS FRUSTRATING when you're doing your job to play with slackers and you can't by pass them (yeah, they're slackers everywhere guilds included)

Or to buy tons of cash shop items to be able to level up like a lot of free to play games (hi mobile phones games or facebook games?)

Or grind like a no life (though cash shop help now too) like in Ro or having to farm forever same dunjon to see your loot be ninja by another guy ?!

Man, you don't know what is a frustrating game do you ? Drop rate isn't that really bad (Ro drop is reallyyyy bad and then you have to fo prey to the church when you upgrade an equipement otherwise you will have hight that is destroyed, yeahhh or +8 armor can be destroyed just before your eyes).

Zenobia
Jun 3, 2013, 02:27 PM
But then people would be able to play the game without having to grind endless hours (or avoid grinding by spending real money).

Yes, PSO2 sells itself by frustrating you. Such is the plight of F2P.

It'd really be nice if Ep 2 did that, but at the rate Sega's raking in cash, we'll be surprised if we get anything remotely rewarding / improved at all. More likely, we get an unfinished game that feels like a carbon copy of this one, with slow piecemeal updates dripfed to make it look like they're listening to us and improving the game and oh wait.....

God, I need to turn down my cynic dial.

So much win off these comments it's a damn shame.

On a sad note heres to hoping what EP2 brings it could either....

1. Go down the money sucking road its going down now or....

2. Actually wow the hell outta us and be like "Hey hey now....we do care"<3

3 Or both so as long as 2 aims to please got np with 1 shit is scary none the less.

MetalDude
Jun 3, 2013, 02:32 PM
You can do almost everything alone without relying on a guild to see end game content like in most mmorpg, example : WoW. WoW though, that making pick raid group automatcly is a good thing, so some players could see the end game content but that was just a good idea because usually those raids (even with guilds) are awfull and you've to endure to play with slackers for about 1 hour if you're luck and more if you're unlucky. THAT IS FRUSTRATING when you're doing your job to play with slackers and you can't by pass them (yeah, they're slackers everywhere guilds included)

Or to buy tons of cash shop items to be able to level up like a lot of free to play games (hi mobile phones games or facebook games?)

Or grind like a no life (though cash shop help now too) like in Ro or having to farm forever same dunjon to see your loot be ninja by another guy ?!

Man, you don't know what is a frustrating game do you ? Drop rate isn't that really bad (Ro drop is reallyyyy bad and then you have to fo prey to the church when you upgrade an equipement otherwise you will have hight that is destroyed, yeahhh or +8 armor can be destroyed just before your eyes).

Relativity is a moot point as it's still shit game design; one is simply less terrible. Grinding, affixing, finding rares (the rates are shit, sorry), hell even trying to find specific enemies for COs are all incredibly frustrating.
Arguably, leveling is the easiest form of progression in the game sans certain ranges (25-30, 45-52).

Zenobia
Jun 3, 2013, 02:38 PM

Do you honestly know how shit the drop rates are in this game? How Sega has constantly fucked the game even more with how you need to trade in like what...20+ ac items just to get a +7 auto grinder. How affixing is just fawking bs at it is I mean come on just to prepare a decent 2 to 3 affix on your units is a money drip.

Also you don't need a raid for any of the bosses accept Falz which rq a raid and you don't even need a team for that that's a given. Also Sega is hardly done nor is it even close to end game content no less.

In no way do I see PSO2 being related to Wow and or RO online in no fucking way possible PSO2 drop rates NOT BAD lol are you are nuts? I dunno what lvl you are but when you get up in lvl you don't want to be stuck with the same shitty gear at lvl 60/60 every strives to wan't a better weapon nd everyone busts there asses off to either buy and or fine a 10* wep not to mention it's locked between 10* passes which rq you to give up another 10* wep in return which is bs in its own right.

I dunno if your casual player or not w/e the case maybe thats you, but you don't know shit from sugar how pso2 has been rolling around the hsitter lately many of us have played long enough o know how pso2 operates pls do not spout that bs lol.

It's bad game design all around bad balancing and they still ignore the most important things we ask em to change.

Shinmarizu
Jun 3, 2013, 02:48 PM

I think that the majority of us playing this game were so desperate for a new experience when we started this, and were so stoked for this MMO that played unlike many MMOs before it, that we actually cared enough (as a community of PS lovers) about its progression as a full-fledged gaming and social experience.

And yet we see this game go down a road incredibly similar to those games you've mentioned. Not exactly, not frustrating like biting an apple and finding half a worm as opposed to a full worm inside, but bad enough for us to argue about it, no matter how many deaf ears this falls on.

Look at the grand scheme of things. If the game doesn't improve, people will stop playing. I don't want to stop playing a game because it has turned to shit. I've done enough of that. Hell, this is my first online RPG. I want to stop playing when I feel like I've gotten enough fun out of it and it's time to move on.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 02:56 PM

If you're going this route why not just go all the way?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN PSO2 IS A BAD GAME? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BAD AUSCHWITZ WAS? HOW DARE YOU SAY PSO2 IS BAD WHEN HITLER KILLED JEWS IN AUSCHWITZ!

zero to godwin in 1 reply, aw yea

I know exactly what a bad game is. And I don't play them. Why are you so focused on how PSO2 isn't as bad as Auschwitz RO, instead of saying it could be better? Unless you're going to say it literally can't be better. Please say that.

Punisher106
Jun 3, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'd like to see new areas, I want the braver class, and maybe AI like in PSP2. Oh, god, the AI in PSP2 would NEVER let you down. I've had Vivienne rush to me with a wand to heal me whenever my HP dropped to less than half. I also want to see more long-range usage of the catapults. That was one of my favorite things about the White Day EQ. Uh, and one more thing. I WANT MY GOD DAMN SHIZURU REPLICA, SEGAC-- *Gagged and straitjacketed*

Cyclon
Jun 3, 2013, 02:58 PM
You guys could at least TRY to prove me wrong when I state that positive criticism about this game burns your flesh. Seriously, like, at least once. C'mon.

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 03:07 PM
Why WOULDN'T positive criticism about this game burn your flesh?

Better that than sunlight.

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 03:16 PM
Give me a cut of your meseta before you guys all quit 3:

But as I stated in another thread, I came for the premise of a new PSO, but I'm only staying for the people.

Other then that the game needs to go back to what made me like the series. If Episode 2 doesn't bring some great changes, then its hard to imagine I'll stay. Even if I come back once they fix everything, do we really have to wait this long? Every 2 weeks its a new lobby, scratch, and maybe some new content that gets done in an hour or two. Heck even if they just made an event quest, quests like EQs except NOT RANDOM I would feel like they're actually trying to keep us entertained. Rather then hoping we all slave away at the new AQs and XQs until further notice.

Gardios
Jun 3, 2013, 03:22 PM
snip

Just because there are games that are more frustrating doesn't mean PSO2 isn't.

That's like saying cholera is good because at least it isn't the pest. No. They're both terrible.

Gama
Jun 3, 2013, 03:22 PM

More facial hair options

and other hair since were at it! :o

better gxf engine, or a gfx engine that lets you change from basic to advanced without reseting the game would be nice.

Blundy
Jun 3, 2013, 03:33 PM
a system where your subclass gains a percentage of your main class' exp.

the new race

the new class

Agitated_AT
Jun 3, 2013, 03:43 PM
Why just enemy? Partner NPCs need a buff and AI improvement too.

I don't use AI. I'd rather quit playing when I don't find actual people to play with. So just sharing what I personally care about

Cyclon
Jun 3, 2013, 03:50 PM
Why WOULDN'T positive criticism about this game burn your flesh?

Better that than sunlight.
Surely you don't mean that I can actually kill all of you guys by writing.
Silly you.

I still want balance. Not putting everything to 12-man-zondeel entrance-pse-burst-wink-wink level, actual relevant to the game balance. And yeah, gameplay improvements, of course. I mean who'd say no to that.

Maybe stop adding new mission types, because I can see them having some problems in the not-so-far-from-now future to keep all these different styles of quests worth playing, with none left too far behind.

thematesV2
Jun 3, 2013, 03:54 PM
I want them to tone down the PA/tech effects/animations for anything under 12 or 13.

same with weapons. if i'm finding a 4 * weapon, it shouldnt look more extravagant/exciting than when I equip a 8* or 10*.

My main is a force. when I first started, I cast foie, and was like damn, thats huge for lvl 1... and then when I got it to 13, it still pretty much looks the same.. if you have 2 or more forces in one party, it's fireworks central, which shouldn't be the case until at least 40.

*personal options

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 04:03 PM
Surely you don't mean that I can actually kill all of you guys by writing.
Silly you.

I still want balance. Not putting everything to 12-man-zondeel entrance-pse-burst-wink-wink level, actual relevant to the game balance. And yeah, gameplay improvements, of course. I mean who'd say no to that.

Maybe stop adding new mission types, because I can see them having some problems in the not-so-far-from-now future to keep all these different styles of quests worth playing, with none left too far behind.

Yeah too much of a bad thing can killaman.

Alisha
Jun 3, 2013, 04:05 PM
i think sega needs to start making every quest 12 man or hell maybe even increase to limit to 18. why? i'm noticing an extreme epidemic of cliquey behavior. whereby people get left out/excluded due to not being part of the cool kids club. at first i thought it might just be my team but in talking to friends it seems to invade every team. it seems somewhat contradictory they sega keeps making team room content but keeps making 4 man quests. theres people in my team that wont do EX Q with anyone outside their group of four.

BlankM
Jun 3, 2013, 04:08 PM
I would like to see more team content also. But it'd have to be done right. Face-melting MPA bursts and Dark Falz runs can only entertain me so long.

I'd like something more socially engaging, or co-operative.

Cyclon
Jun 3, 2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah too much of a bad thing can killaman.
Bullshit. I've been here for an entire year and I'm still alive.
You're just overdoing things. You can withstand it. I believe in you.

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 04:21 PM
Bullshit. I've been here for an entire year and I'm still alive.
You're just overdoing things. You can withstand it. I believe in you.

Nope... I'm dying...

I went from troll, to nice, to nice troll, to concerned, to troll, to "who cares anymore."

I have seen things... things you wouldn't believe... I've seen men... begging for their lives... praying that they can see tomorrow.. in the deepest edges of space... hanging on to their sanity before going superluminal into stars made of darkness... tears of blood rolling down their eyes...

Cyclon
Jun 3, 2013, 04:47 PM
Nope... I'm dying...

I went from troll, to nice, to nice troll, to concerned, to troll, to "who cares anymore."

I have seen things... things you wouldn't believe... I've seen men... begging for their lives... praying that they can see tomorrow.. in the deepest edges of space... hanging on to their sanity before going superluminal into stars made of darkness... tears of blood rolling down their eyes...
That is understandable. What is a troll without anyone to troll? A sad troll that's what. Now look everyone, look at the consequences of your actions.

You have to adapt. You need a cause. You need potential victims. How? Where? Who? That's pretty obvious my friend. Right. Here. You don't troll the guillible positive thinker, because that race is long extinct in these parts. You need to hunt the frustrated, the strong, but yet vulnerable, ever raging common member that thrives around here in numbers. Only then will your survival be guaranteed.

Also despite what I just said I'm no troll I'm pretty sincere most of the times and idiot would describe me better I believe thanks for your attention.

Edit: Oh and these dead people are in your head this is but a simple forum so don't feel too bad about it

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 04:54 PM
That is understandable. What is a troll without anyone to troll? A sad troll that's what. Now look everyone, look at the consequences of your actions.

You have to adapt. You need a cause. You need potential victims. How? Where? Who? That's pretty obvious my friend. Right. Here. You don't troll the guillible positive thinker, because that race is long extinct in these parts. You need to hunt the frustrated, the strong, but yet vulnerable, ever raging common member that thrives around here in numbers. Only then will your survival be guaranteed.

Also despite what I just said I'm no troll I'm pretty sincere most of the times and idiot would describe me better I believe thanks for your attention.

Edit: Oh and these dead people are in your head this is but a simple forum so don't feel too bad about it

There is plenty to troll...

But there is none that is worth it...

I've already collected every treasure...

There is no value left to be found... only death awaits.

But it's a long wait. That is where you have me confused with not already being dead.

Many have died in the hunt... but I prevailed... only to realize... I've merely bought some time before the inevitable...

dotdotdot

Cyclon
Jun 3, 2013, 05:12 PM
There is plenty to troll...

But there is none that is worth it...

I've already collected every treasure...

There is no value left to be found... only death awaits.

But it's a long wait. That is where you have me confused with not already being dead.

Many have died in the hunt... but I prevailed... only to realize... I've merely bought some time before the inevitable...

dotdotdot
[insert post about how life is valuable and a life solely made of contemplating death surely is the most asinine thing imaginable here]
Also I have cookies. You want one?

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 05:13 PM
[insert post about how life is valuable and a life solely made of contemplating death surely is the most asinine thing imaginable here]
Also I have cookies. You want one?

I have already lived life.

Z-0
Jun 3, 2013, 05:44 PM
i think sega needs to start making every quest 12 man or hell maybe even increase to limit to 18. why? i'm noticing an extreme epidemic of cliquey behavior. whereby people get left out/excluded due to not being part of the cool kids club. at first i thought it might just be my team but in talking to friends it seems to invade every team. it seems somewhat contradictory they sega keeps making team room content but keeps making 4 man quests. theres people in my team that wont do EX Q with anyone outside their group of four.
Nothing wrong with 4-man quests. You just need to take the initiative to get people to play. I play with everyone and anyone in my team, by just going "Going to spam x AQ, who wants to join?", grab 3 people and get going.

Most people I know don't bother asking, and WAIT to be asked by other people, which is just incredibly silly and won't get you anywhere.

When it comes to something like daily TA COs or Extreme Quests, I can perfectly understand that. You want a group of 4 who are on the same timescale as you, or with the same amount of tickets so you can play together on that day. I think this is more a problem of this specific content being once-a-day, than not being in the "cool kids club". TA COs aren't really a problem though, because you can always help friends play whenever you want, but Extreme Quests are highly restrictive. I would play them if I got no EXP, Drops or Meseta if it meant people would complain less about cliquey behaviour.

PS: It is not difficult to play with "randoms". As people said, this is a multiplayer game where you're supposed to play with many different people. Grab a very basic grasp of Japanese phrases and game descriptions (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-6EPpXyDuBk1eKasUxM_9vlkSDFn5cMkZ79dxXtUBQA/edit) and you're good to go. It's not difficult, and I find it makes the game more enjoyable when you're not sitting around waiting for people who might be busy.

Cyclon
Jun 3, 2013, 05:48 PM
I have already lived life.
Well, be sure to give your organs then.

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2013, 05:50 PM
Well, be sure to give your organs then.

Yeah I'm an organ doner...

.................................................. ........................................

Thinking back why'd I say yes to that so easily.

Xaelouse
Jun 3, 2013, 06:10 PM
Is Sega releasing one class by itself or will there be 2 others? If former, that's retarded. Everyone and their mag is gonna be using that one class.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 06:17 PM
Is Sega releasing one class by itself or will there be 2 others? If former, that's retarded. Everyone and their mag is gonna be using that one class.

My sentiments exactly.

The market is going to be a real hoot, and watching everyone spec different directions and then need more trees to play the class in different ways is going to be hilarious. What they're probably really doing is releasing a class made up of 3 separate classes, all accessed via the skilltree.

MetalDude
Jun 3, 2013, 06:29 PM
Nah, you just gotta look for OP attack % modifiers and everything will fall into place pretty quickly.

Unless it's something similar to old ZRA where you find out it's completely worthless.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 08:52 PM
Well, I'm saying there would be two or three trees with their own OP multipliers, set up so you couldn't do more than 1 tree at a time. Like how you can't do a tank spec and a fury stance spec at the same time on HU.

Or maybe not I dunno.

BlankM
Jun 4, 2013, 10:13 AM
Honestly there are things about the skill tree(and really just things about the game in general) that are just SO stupid, so very nonsensical...that they must have something planned.

Still don't get how you release jukeboxes that cost thousands of FUN points though.

Crysteon
Jun 4, 2013, 10:32 AM
What would I want to see? More stuff to do. More content, in a nutshell.

What will I see? Clothes, clothes and more clothes for girls.

Coatl
Jun 4, 2013, 10:41 AM
Well, I'm saying there would be two or three trees with their own OP multipliers, set up so you couldn't do more than 1 tree at a time. Like how you can't do a tank spec and a fury stance spec at the same time on HU.

Or maybe not I dunno.

I was sort of hoping for this actually. The current arguably best class combinations are FO/FI, FI/HU, HU/FI and RA/HU. The other class combinations end up falling behind someway or another. Braver seems like it's going to be a mix of melee and range, so maybe you'll be able to spec it in a way to make RA/Braver optimal as well, or HU/Braver an alternative to HU/FI or FI/HU. I just want a little variance and I'll be happy with episode 2.

I am pretty sure dewmans are doomed to suck though.

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2013, 11:18 AM
A few more details about the contents of the broadcast:

The Latest PSO2 Information
Update News Special (A Must See!)
Hair Project
PSO2 Special Footage Unveiling
New Episode 2 Information?
Arks Grand Prix

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-live-broadcast-thanks-festa-special-schedule/

...hair project...

Cyclon
Jun 4, 2013, 12:00 PM
I am pretty sure dewmans are doomed to suck though.
Funny, I'd rather be inclined to say that they'll be the best race, since defense means next to nothing.

...hair project...
Eeeeeh...

Coatl
Jun 4, 2013, 12:08 PM
I don't see what they can do to dewmans to make them game-breaking. They'll end up being squishier than newearl for being slightly stronger than a cast. And base stats hardly influence your dps as is.

Gardios
Jun 4, 2013, 12:12 PM
...hair project...

Maybe... we get Sakai's various wigs...

BlankM
Jun 4, 2013, 12:21 PM
I don't see what they can do to dewmans to make them game-breaking. They'll end up being squishier than newearl for being slightly stronger than a cast. And base stats hardly influence your dps as is.

Even just 20-30 s-atk is still something. Though I think the gap will be too large from newmans/humans which is kinda lame...

And who knows. Because they dont need to build as much atk they might be able to build for some tankier units. Unless they have such low base defense they can't equip the standard sets. Elder set Dumans gogogo.

I hate how they release small amounts of information just right before the update comes. How can they listen to feedback when everything is already in the pipeline and we don't know about it til its almost here?

gigawuts
Jun 4, 2013, 02:21 PM
The only way dewmans would be gamebreaking if they had exceptional base atk and def. That's it. They only have one. They'll be able to easily equip weapons, but not units - and that's the problem with FOcasts. FOcasts do not actually have that hard of a time equipping weapons, just units because their def is so low, which means they need to invest into def to get at the units - costing them atk (edit: which indirectly makes it difficult to equip weapons, hence the problem). The fact that newearls don't need to do that is what makes them such powerful forces - the fact that they can invest purely into atk, without even 1 point into def and still equip the best of everything in their level bracket.

Coatl
Jun 4, 2013, 02:46 PM
Maybe if they add race-unique abilities the dewmans will be able to stand out. Otherwise they'll just be a cast with an eyepatch.

NoiseHERO
Jun 4, 2013, 02:49 PM
hair project better mean better hair customization (for both genders) D<

And not some joke thin-

Of course it's gonna be some joke thing for their stream.

gigawuts
Jun 4, 2013, 02:50 PM
hair project

I bet they let you use the virtual camera thing to put hair on yourself

because virtual dressup dolls just isn't enough, it has to be virtual reality dressup dolls

Kierto
Jun 4, 2013, 03:32 PM
dewmans with dip dye hair confirmed

if ep2 is a bust i think i'm out

Xaelouse
Jun 4, 2013, 03:41 PM
if ep2 is a bust i think i'm out

I think this is everyone's plan at this point.

Alisha
Jun 4, 2013, 11:31 PM

unless they plan to add beast theres a good chance dewman will have s-atk in between cast and human

Maronji
Jun 5, 2013, 12:14 AM
unless they plan to add beast theres a good chance dewman will have s-atk in between cast and human

Just checked the last known stat sheets Agrajag datamined (which is only current as of February 2013, so this information is subject to change by/upon actual content release). Dewmans (yes, both genders) currently have the highest S-ATK modifier (1.06 VS Male Cast's 1.05). Also of note, they're tied with Human Females for second-highest Ability/DEX modifier (1.06 VS Cast's 1.07).

Unless they change those numbers closer to the content release (not sure which side to bet on in that regard as of yet, to be honest), Dewmans will have the highest base S-ATK in the game (which is only a 0.01 modifier increase over male CASTs anyway, so it's not like it's even that much; I just did the math, and at Lv60 HU/FI, it's only, like, what, all of 6 points?).

Nothing really game-breaking in my opinion. Obviously, when you move from CASTs to -marls and Newmans, the S-ATK gap widens a fair bit, but even then, it's only about a 31 point difference maximum (again, assuming LV60 HU/FI). Even assuming Lv100 HU/FI with the current datamined stats, the gap is only 42 S-ATK maximum.

Alisha
Jun 5, 2013, 12:59 AM
that may be the case now but as the cap goes up the difference will grow quite a bit.

Maronji
Jun 5, 2013, 01:41 AM
that may be the case now but as the cap goes up the difference will grow quite a bit.

Fair point.

On that note, I just pursued and subsequently satisfied a curiosity that I had based on that statement.

Spoiler-boxed because it's kinda big and because it's pure conjecture/speculation anyway:
[SPOILER-BOX]Assuming that we do eventually get a level cap of 200 and the stat progression per level remains the same (aka if the base stats for each class continue to receive +4 per level all the way to 200), the base S-ATK stat for Hunters and Fighters will be 1000 (Human Females and Newmans (the race/gender combos that have the lowest base S-ATK) don't even have a modifier for S-ATK, so they just use that). With the Dewman modifier, that increases to 1060. Assuming Lv200 HU/FI (or reverse; really doesn't matter), the total base comes to 1272 for Dewmans (VS the flat 1200 for the aforementioned set).

That's a total gap of 72 at end-game (basically, it's like being a Lv215 HU/FImarl(/newm/newearl)), assuming the stat progression remains the same as it currently is. Again, not really game-breaking in my opinion, but although it's not an exponential gap/increase, it's pretty big as far as per-level stat gains are concerned.

I know I made it sound like I was rather indifferent to the differences last post, but the more I think about it (and, subsequently, the more I think about the calculations I just did and their implications), the more I realize it's actually quite a gap. I mean, even comparing to a Cast's base 1050 (before sub-class; after, it's 1260), that's still, like, being a level 212.5 HU/FImarl(/newm/newearl)). At that point, I think we can all agree that we made Female Human/Newman characters for purposes other than being the absolute best-of-the-best melee characters.

Compare that, however, to the Dewmans' 1272 S-ATK VS the Cast Male's 1260 S-ATK, still assuming untouched stat progression and Lv200 HU/FI. Yep, it's a difference of 12. Even if you're min-maxing, you're not really missing anything on that front. That much I can be confident about (unless they change things around).[/SPOILER-BOX]

Again, this could change at any time leading up to or at the time of the release of Dewmans (or even at any time after that, for all we know).

AgemFrostMage
Jun 5, 2013, 04:51 AM
Honestly there are things about the skill tree(and really just things about the game in general) that are just SO stupid, so very nonsensical...that they must have something planned.

Still don't get how you release jukeboxes that cost thousands of FUN points though.

Agreed I still don't know how professional game developers could make such unbalanced trees. Fire charges fast with talents, replenish PP while charging techs, many weak vs it, and fast travel time make it heavily imbalanced and others like ramegid can only work with zondeel because monsters have the sense to get out of the fire.

gigawuts
Jun 5, 2013, 07:58 AM
Base ATK is really only useful for equipping weapons. When you look at mag stats, set bonuses, weapon stats, and affixes a 1.06 multiplier is really going to be only miniscule gain over a 1.05 multiplier. It's good for a bit more damage, sure, but it's not that noticeable. It'd be, what, another 10-20 on top of 1800 or whatever?

What will matter is the 1.06 multiplier to all ATK values.