PDA

View Full Version : What is the best place for 10+ discs?

AgemFrostMage
Jun 3, 2013, 08:26 AM
I kept running tundra exploration because they have two bosses with easily accessible breaking points, and even got a level 12 sabarta and 12 rafoie from them so maybe I answered my own question. However, I search everywhere and boxes hardly drop anything, and keep dropping the same level 10+ skills. Volcano seems to be a weak candidate as even burn draal doesn't drop discs last I fought it =( I am particularly looking for 10+ dark techniques and some wind, maybe rabarta too since I use it in the volcano against Vol Dragon when in range since samegid doesn't always hit the nose unless it's the start of the battle.

Punisher106
Jun 3, 2013, 08:28 AM
*Facepalm*

Go in harder areas on VH and hunt them there, unless you really want the one dropped by rare monsters in certain areas.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 3, 2013, 08:34 AM
*Facepalm*

Go in harder areas on VH and hunt them there, unless you really want the one dropped by rare monsters in certain areas.

I did the ruins exploration and nothing drops and sanctum is an EXP penalty.

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 08:38 AM
Everywhere in very hard. This isn't like older games where things had drastically different droprates (although there WILL be variations in droprates for certain disks, in my experience), just pick a map that doesn't make you cringe while you farm it for hours on end.

oratank
Jun 3, 2013, 09:01 AM
dark techniques rare PA form rare guwana only in VH

AgemFrostMage
Jun 3, 2013, 09:25 AM
dark techniques rare PA form rare guwana only in VH

A couple samegids dropped... but both were under level 10 -_-

gigawuts
Jun 3, 2013, 10:14 AM
Random's random man, keep farming. There was one JP guy that had something like 15 level 14 discs from dozens of rare AQ snow banthers - all he wanted was AB 15.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 4, 2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks =) I notice some dark in the ruins and got level 14 megid and gimegid there while lightning techs are everywhere.

Rien
Jun 4, 2013, 10:45 AM
Breaking Green Containers can sometimes net you a disk

If you're on VH this disk is usually 10+

MetalDude
Jun 4, 2013, 11:10 AM
Keep in mind that Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti, and Megiverse only drop from red crates.

Umberger
Jun 4, 2013, 11:41 AM
Keep in mind that Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti, and Megiverse only drop from red crates.

I believe Sazonde also only drops from red crates. On that note is there any way to "farm" red crates other than just breaking every crate as you do quests and hoping a red one spawns? I've never found a single Sazonde disc over 10.

Side note I think Rappies also have a chance of dropping these discs too. I've definitely got some support technic discs from them before.

e: SWiki says Sazonde drops from red crates specifically in Forest and Sub. Tunnels.

Macman
Jun 4, 2013, 04:58 PM
Red crate disks are Shifta, Deband, Anti, Resta, Sazonde, Sazan, Megiverse. Though if you play techer, there is also a small chance of monsters dropping Resta.

Also, OP, are you playing techer or force? Because you'll have better luck finding dark disks as techer.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 4, 2013, 05:01 PM
Red crate disks are Shifta, Deband, Anti, Resta, Sazonde, Sazan, Megiverse. Though if you play techer, there is also a small chance of monsters dropping Resta.

Also, OP, are you playing techer or force? Because you'll have better luck finding dark disks as techer.

Got resta at 14 as a force from floating continent. Been playing force I want to get up the level so I can pass client order EXP down to lower level classes to level them easier overall. At techer I am still 37 while on force I'm almost 46.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 5, 2013, 08:56 AM
I believe Sazonde also only drops from red crates. On that note is there any way to "farm" red crates other than just breaking every crate as you do quests and hoping a red one spawns? I've never found a single Sazonde disc over 10.

Side note I think Rappies also have a chance of dropping these discs too. I've definitely got some support technic discs from them before.

e: SWiki says Sazonde drops from red crates specifically in Forest and Sub. Tunnels.

Convenient since I need to finish a client order for rare Rogbelt and King Vardha =) Going to farm these chests (and kill things of course) before Sega fixes the chest respawns to prevent "abuse" or whatever.

Judging from experience ruins gives a high frequency of dark techniques while lightning is everywhere, and tundra has some ice and a little fire (Rafoie drops from cat bosses). Volcano has almost nothing but that can be an RNG bad luck issue and my first and only Burn Draal disappointed me. I shall go back for a 10+ safoie! :D

gigawuts
Jun 5, 2013, 08:59 AM
A lot of discs will drop in areas that they're themed similarly with. Gizonde is very common in subterranean tunnels, gigrants is common in floating continent, megid type techs are common in ruins, etc. PA's are less obvious with their theming, but they also tend to spawn with higher frequency in certain areas.

But, they'll also still drop everywhere AFAICT. Just not necessarily as frequently, or with such a high level. So keep farming everywhere, really. If you notice a lot of one disc in one area and want it at level 14, keep hitting that area, but otherwise keep rotating where you go.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 6, 2013, 08:54 AM
Still no luck after the patch for rare bosses. Only ran into a rare digg and a rare dagan, keyword a, as in singular -_- I tried boss rushing many times but that didn't work either so they probably nerfed the encounter rates. Have to find a way to manipulate the RNG if possible but don't know how they base it maybe if I heal at the wrong time or kill the wrong monster it alters the table? Maybe killing things increases chance of encounter and capped at a certain %? Too many potential variables =(

ShinMaruku
Jun 6, 2013, 09:52 AM
I say don't hunt for them and as they drop they drop because random is random.

Lebensohl
Jun 6, 2013, 10:35 AM
Run more. Or wait for Advanced Quests where at higher risk levels the chance of a rare boss is boosted.

Macman
Jun 7, 2013, 12:25 AM
Most rare bosses tend to hover at 1/10 spawn odds. You can check the enemy records to compare.

otaku998
Jun 7, 2013, 02:07 AM
Speaking of that, i never managed to get my Assault buster lvl 11+, most of the time i met the rare, they dropped me lvl 6 or 7. And then there is that, the last rare snow banther i met was 4 months ago.

Macman
Jun 7, 2013, 06:20 AM
Speaking of that, i never managed to get my Assault buster lvl 11+, most of the time i met the rare, they dropped me lvl 6 or 7. And then there is that, the last rare snow banther i met was 4 months ago.
I've been hunting the bastards for months and I get Assault Buster all day every day. Not once have I seen a single Additional Bullet disk. (All I have is lv10 that I bought) :-?

Rien
Jun 7, 2013, 10:58 PM
I start to actively hunt assault buster

First day I get additional bullet 12 (13?)

Yet to find assault buster 10+ (or assault buster)

otaku998
Jun 7, 2013, 10:59 PM
Rare darkers are so much easier to find than these snow bastards, or it's just my luck.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 8, 2013, 05:11 AM
Rare darkers are so much easier to find than these snow bastards, or it's just my luck.

Probably just luck I wasn't even looking for rares at the time I killed the rare snow cats and got a level 12 sabarta (of all the rare techniques right? Lol still something I guess) Even individually they drop more than most bosses and together is the most treasure of any boss so far =) Big Vardha is great for treasure too and I just got my second 10 star armor from him... though I can't use it -_- Still been over a week since I last saw a rare I ran into Rockbelt three times, Guwanahda Nero once, the rare snowcats once, and Burn Draal once... And haven't seen a rare since last week -_-