PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Niris
Jun 3, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone. So I've decided to cave in and go for PSO2JP lifes to short to sit around waiting for a game that may never come. Right now I'm in the middle of the very intricate and fun process of patching!:smile:

So alittle about my PSO past in case anyone is interested. I played and ground to dust episode I and II in the GC. I never played PSU or the card game. Sadly my only experience is offline due to the unavailability of a GC modem back then. So here I am now ready for my first PSO online experience! How ever it is in a gaming community that I am not used to or or accustomed to playing in.:-? And understandably so right?

I've read that you need to lay low and kind of watch your step and who's around and what not. So I was wondering where most of the English community plays and if there are mature groups out there to jump into and hang with? I've read ship 2 but most of that stuff was dated. Anyway Nice to meet you all and can't wait to jump in to this game here when this patch finishes sometime this year. Cheers.

TL;DR Hey I'm Niris. I'm new. How low should I lay, Where should I play?

blace
Jun 3, 2013, 03:43 PM
Ship 2 is where most of the english speaking community is at, but there are also ships 7, 8 and 10 that have communities on there, albeit more tightknit, as opposed to the cluster spam that is ship 2 block 20.

Since you will be starting out, block 20 on ship 2 is probably the best place to start out to get the hang of it.

And welcome.

Niris
Jun 3, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cool I'll check out ship 2. Still patching. Since last night actually. It keeps getting interrupted. I only hope it is picking up where it left off cuz it sure don't look that way.

blace
Jun 3, 2013, 04:51 PM
It does that frequently, especially for new players that are just downloading.

yoshiblue
Jun 3, 2013, 05:11 PM
*Crashes in through the ceiling*

Welcome to PSOW! Home to a rather large PSO community.
May you make a new friend or two and learn something new!
But most importantly, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Do not fear for you do not need any knowledge of previous games to enjoy PSO2! Laying low is not a concern but please be mindful and respectful of others around you. Block 20, though some tend to avoid it, is your best bet when starting anew. However, you can find a team that can set you on the path to glory and fun.

Check out our list of PSOW teams (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629)! Feel free to browse the forums though.

If you have a question, feel free to ask the people who will help you in the Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866) thread.

I still do not have a link for the english stuff but i'm sure someone will patch it to you. Until then, enjoy your stay and have fun in PSO2.

-Yoshiblue of FEZ's One Man Welcoming Committee-

Niris
Jun 3, 2013, 05:35 PM
It does that frequently, especially for new players that are just downloading.
Yeah I figured I would be cool and leave it on over night only to find it was interrupted shortly after I went to bed. I'm just gonna try to gut it out with segas downloader for the initial update than I'll try that tweaker for the new content as it comes.

Niris
Jun 3, 2013, 05:50 PM
I'm actually putting together an English Version installer for PSO2 that will have the latest updates as of now and be available through Torrents for 1+ MB/s speeds.~

Should solve a lot of problems.
That sounds pretty damn time saving if I may say so myself. I'm downloading the story patch via torrent. I've seen how to install the other english patches. My question is do I just drop this one into the 32 file as well like the others?

Niris
Jun 3, 2013, 06:40 PM
The file is about 9.20 GB and growing. I wonder how much more. I'm so ready to go. I'm about to grab a bite to eat I wonder if I should stop the patch and restart it real quick just in case it decides to time out and misbehave again :wacko:

*Edit* Just switched to the tweaker. I'll be here forever otherwise. I'm counting on you to get me in the game!