PDA

View Full Version : Problem with latest update?

fay
Jun 3, 2013, 04:53 PM
This is my first time logging on it roughly a week, so I can only assume this problem is happening via the latest update or the latest English patch. I'm not sure which.

Basically, I cannot cast spells and my PP doesn't go up excluding when I do physical attacks. I can charge my spells up, but when I release there is no animation. I tried this over many different spells. I also tried using photon arts from a gunslash and there was no problem. It seems to only be from spells.
Has anyone encountered this before, and if so, do you have a wee fix I can use to get around it?

fay
Jun 3, 2013, 05:13 PM
I checked for missing files. It says that all files are there and it is ok.

I've also been told that my friend is having problems too. Hes just started and trying to do nab rappy capture. It seems that once he clears area 1, his character freezes. He can still look about , other people move, music still plays etc. Just his character can't move or jump.

My guess is that it must be either the English patch or the story patch.
On that note, Aida. I don't know if you deal with the story patch, but I noticed a major glitch with it yesterday. I t was driving me mad. Didn't know what was making the game stop working. Only after about 4 or 5 hours I realized it was that patch.

fay
Jun 3, 2013, 05:17 PM
We're both using the English patch and story patch. I'm going to assume it is just the story patch for the reason I edited into the above post.

What happened in the above scenario is this. He just started and was trying to create his first character. The character creator doesn't load when the story patch is installed though. The game doesn't crash, the creator just doesn't load up. We got around it by creating the character in Japanese menus. I'm generally good with software sided problems, but I can't see what might be causing these problems for us.

fay
Jun 3, 2013, 05:26 PM
Definitely. I only got him onto the game yesterday so we had to download the patch from the usual place yesterday.

fay
Jun 3, 2013, 05:38 PM
I shall give it a go and edit this once I find out.

EDIT:
ok I tried what you said. It didn't solve my problem at all. My casting animations still doesn't work meaning spells are still useless. The PP regeneration still doesn't work either. Getting my friend to try just now as well in case it helps his problem.
Any other ideas at all?

Shinamori
Jun 3, 2013, 06:11 PM
Have you tried playing without the patch?

fay
Jun 3, 2013, 06:37 PM
It's possible it might be because of that then. I asked someone in the lobby and they also know someone who has the spell problem. It does sound like it's a sega problem then rather than a patch.

I haven't tried it without the patch yet. I'll try that tomorrow when I wake up.

fay
Jun 4, 2013, 04:44 AM
I just found another error here. I went to the skill tree counter. For all classes, where it would show you an icon of the photon art or spell, it now has an icon saying error.
Also just found out that it is projectiles that aren't working. Physical attacks are fine. It's guns and spells that are bugged.

fay
Jun 4, 2013, 08:06 AM
I found the problem, Aida. It is indeed the story patch. I don't know what part of it is making it happen, but I uninstalled the story patch again and everything is back to normal. This is with the English patch still being used.

I'm not too sure if it was a one off or something. My friend has his PC running fine as well now. Managed to fix that last night. He is using the story patch as well so my problems are not with him. I'll try using the story patch again later to see if anything changed from it, however it was definitely the story patch causing the problem.