PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2JP English Setup (Slipstreamed with the latest updates - Updated 8/30/2014)

AIDA
Jun 4, 2013, 05:00 PM
http://arks-layer.com/imgs/front.jpg

Picture kinda says it all - It's a replacement for the JP installer for PSO2, and it's also got the latest patches/updates as of 8/28/2014. This way, new players/returning players can use this installer and avoid tons of ridiculous patching. It's also run through a torrent (with a few 10MB/s seedboxes), so that'll prevent all those HTTP and "Incorrect bin file" errors people get all the time (And it'll download MUCH faster than SEGA's!)

Keep in mind that you STILL have to update through the PSO2 Tweaker before you can play the game - However, the patching will be MUCH shorter, as this installer takes care of more than a year or two worth of patches.

It also supports 15+ languages for the setup wizard :)

Enjoy, and spread it around if you see someone having issues or if anyone you know is interested in PSO2!

http://arks-layer.com/setup.php

I've written an installation guide here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Thoughts?

Niris
Jun 4, 2013, 05:08 PM
Hmm Im torn about this. I feel like I have come to far with the patching. Funny thing is Im checking the folder and it seems to be getting smaller while the number of files increase. Do the files get compressed at some point? Should I stop delete everything and download this instead?

*Edit* K according to the tweaker I only have 432 more files to go! Seems this long painful quest will soon come to an end. Man JP captchas seem so long ago.

Meyfei
Jun 4, 2013, 05:10 PM
Can't wait to put it to use :D

SakuRei
Jun 4, 2013, 06:21 PM
Interesting... I might download this one for future backups...

Meyfei
Jun 4, 2013, 08:26 PM
Ok Just finished downloading, seeding at 1.5mb/second Hope it helps :D
average while i downloaded was a nice 3mb/s+

Niris
Jun 4, 2013, 09:09 PM
Ok Just finished downloading, seeding at 1.5mb/second Hope it helps :D
average while i downloaded was a nice 3mb/s+ Lemme know thats gonna be my plan B if this patching goes south. I think I'm up to the smaller updates now.

Meyfei
Jun 4, 2013, 09:10 PM
Oh I haven't used it yet, pso2's already installed and all. I just wanted to help people who want to get it ^^;

Niris
Jun 4, 2013, 09:46 PM
Oh I haven't used it yet, pso2's already installed and all. I just wanted to help people who want to get it ^^; Gotcha. I'm about to just do it I'm getting sick of patching.

village
Jun 5, 2013, 07:36 AM
Hey I tried installing 1 of the files were corrupted..

actually a few of them were

Do I have to re torrent to get better files, or is this corrupted file thing normal for this program.

Nuja
Jun 5, 2013, 08:02 AM
Thx for the setup, gave it to my girlfriend she's downloading ^^

AIDA
Jun 5, 2013, 10:14 AM
Hey I tried installing 1 of the files were corrupted..

actually a few of them were

Do I have to re torrent to get better files, or is this corrupted file thing normal for this program.

You downloaded it using a torrent program (and not directly), right? Torrents check to make sure every file is 100% correct, so try it again. It should resume, depending on your app.

If it does it AGAIN, your hard drive might be corrupted.

Thx for the setup, gave it to my girlfriend she's downloading ^^

Glad to hear it helped :)

village
Jun 5, 2013, 01:21 PM
You downloaded it using a torrent program (and not directly), right? Torrents check to make sure every file is 100% correct, so try it again. It should resume, depending on your app.

If it does it AGAIN, your hard drive might be corrupted.

Glad to hear it helped :)

I used U torrent.

And what does that mean about my harddrive being corrupted

Nuja
Jun 5, 2013, 01:34 PM
Dont know who was seeding but hes gone ;(

Girlfriend downloading at 4ko/s (3 weeks to finish xD)
She can download up to 1.30mo/s :o

Anduril
Jun 5, 2013, 01:40 PM
I used U torrent.

And what does that mean about my harddrive being corrupted
Sometimes sectors of a harddrive may start creating errors due to various reasons. Here is how you can check for them and have them be repaired in Windows 7:

Open the "Computer" window
Right-click on the drive in question [typically (C:)]
Select the "Tools" tab
In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.
Once finished, Restart.

This can take a while, so don't plan on being able to use your computer for a while whilst it finishes.

AIDA
Jun 5, 2013, 03:48 PM

It's got a dedicated web seed (3 MB/s) along with myself and others (I'm uploading at ~1MB/s). Is her firewall allowing the torrent program through?

Meyfei
Jun 5, 2013, 03:54 PM

Oh shoot sorry x_x Lemme open bittorent back up... ^^; had a restart and have it set to not launch when windows starts.

ContinuumXIX
Jun 5, 2013, 07:19 PM
After redownloading the game using this I got a error saying:
The instruction at 0x00f78975 referenced memory at 0x00000044. The memory could not be read. Then it closes the game.
This happens every time :x

Nuja
Jun 6, 2013, 03:00 AM
It's got a dedicated web seed (3 MB/s) along with myself and others (I'm uploading at ~1MB/s). Is her firewall allowing the torrent program through?

I dont think its about firewall, has she could download up to 700ko/s a short time, also I launched the download this night (will be my backup :p)

At the time im writing im downloading at 15ko/
Edit: she finished her download this morning. Mine was slow but it was because of utorrent 3xx, went back to 221and its far better, Thx again :)

esskaybee
Jun 6, 2013, 06:38 AM
Hio, thanks for this makes it easier for me as I have bad net which is shared. Used my phone so can upload for a good week then if I can I'll switch over to my PC.

xx_tasukan
Jun 6, 2013, 08:59 AM
I need some assisting when it comes down to making a sega I.d can anybody help me out or make it for me I will give the necessary information for the account thx it would help alot stupid pc dosnt translate for shit XD

HIT0SHI
Jun 6, 2013, 09:43 AM
I need some assisting when it comes down to making a sega I.d can anybody help me out or make it for me I will give the necessary information for the account thx it would help alot stupid pc dosnt translate for shit XD

We are not allowed to to make you a SEGA ID, however we can help you on the Hirangana Capcha.

UnLucky
Jun 6, 2013, 06:58 PM
Where was this last week when I downloaded all 8GB of the official setup file through their downloader program that is completely and horribly out of date?

Now I have to update every single file through their patcher...

But it gets me thinking, maybe it would be better to make a barebones installer that is mostly just the updater to download only the most recent files. You know, instead of cataloging a full build every so often with redundant gigabytes of data.

dreamzaver
Jun 11, 2013, 11:55 PM
wow this is so epic its installing fast and i think i will be good on installing stuff and my speed is so much better with these it actually remove a lot of corrupt files in the process ty AIDA

Vickie
Jun 12, 2013, 01:15 AM
Thank you "AIDA" your works is much appreciated.

dreamzaver
Jun 12, 2013, 03:48 AM
OK i installed but need to go to school i will update the files in tweaker when i get home ty again AIDA :)

KazukiQZ
Jun 12, 2013, 06:43 AM
So which one is faster, the original installer with remaining 7000+ files needed to be updated, or this new EN translated installer which sized over 12gb? I kinda need some help here.
BTW, the 7000+ files are downloaded using AIDA's tweaker. And these files still not included the Story patch which sized over 2gb.

dreamzaver
Jun 12, 2013, 01:42 PM
THE EN installer is honestly quicker it took me 4 hours to download installer and 30 mins to set up on your computer then i am now bout to update my installer its also includes the patches it should say on the very first page of thread even if it doesn't you can easily apply with tweaker and plus amazing it made my computer faster when it comes to loading so i like it :)

dreamzaver
Jun 12, 2013, 04:34 PM
well bad news the tweaker started screwing up in the end i wasted 1 hour and 30 mins on the update and at the end when it was finished it immediately said something went wrong with logfile now i am just confused :(

AIDA
Jun 12, 2013, 04:59 PM
well bad news the tweaker started screwing up in the end i wasted 1 hour and 30 mins on the update and at the end when it was finished it immediately said something went wrong with logfile now i am just confused :(

You didn't waste any time - Do it again and it'll resume from where it was.

dreamzaver
Jun 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
err i think i just found out the the problem i didnt delete all my PSO2 files it said i was missing version ver or something like that so i just moved that too the PSO2 WIN32 FOLDER and see whats going to happen i also delete the others folder so should solve one problem

well got church and 6 mins but tweaker is downloading 298 files and it just finshed most of it under a min o,o

HOLY MOTHER IT FINISHED THE UPDATE YEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

WELL gtg now going to be a happy day at church :)

Scarlet-Star
Jun 12, 2013, 08:38 PM
okay, don't know if I should post this here or not, but since this didn't happen until I downloaded this version of the files: everything loads fine, but when it's time to go to the title screen: nothing but a black screen, and I've tried relaunching from the Tweaker, and even using the fix PSO2.exe feature, any idea on what to do?

Never mind: just found out why; a CRAP TON of files are missing.

AIDA
Jun 13, 2013, 07:46 AM
okay, don't know if I should post this here or not, but since this didn't happen until I downloaded this version of the files: everything loads fine, but when it's time to go to the title screen: nothing but a black screen, and I've tried relaunching from the Tweaker, and even using the fix PSO2.exe feature, any idea on what to do?

Never mind: just found out why; a CRAP TON of files are missing.

Yeah, you still need to update after this :-p

Gama
Jun 13, 2013, 08:06 AM
hey Aida maybe it there was a program that would make a backup of our installed game and turn it into a "dump installer?"

could it be interesting for backup purposes?

right now i just do the monthly external hdd copy paste pso2 folder backup.

since the game pretty much acts like a stand alone, i could even run if from the external memory.

Scarlet-Star
Jun 13, 2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah, you still need to update after this :-p

Not trying to be a Smart ass here but... you might want to put that up, you know, in case someone makes the same mistake I did.

AIDA
Jun 13, 2013, 03:41 PM
Not trying to be a Smart ass here but... you might want to put that up, you know, in case someone makes the same mistake I did.

Thanks for pointing that out, I seem to have skipped over that somehow ^^; Sorry!

EDIT:

Keep in mind that you STILL have to update through the Official JP launcher (or an alternative) before you can play the game - However, the patching will be MUCH shorter, as this installer takes care of almost a years worth of patches.

:)

Scarlet-Star
Jun 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
There we go, now that should solve all misunderstandings. and thank you for the kind response.

dreamzaver
Jun 13, 2013, 08:12 PM
hey can you tell me what you did when you installed so i know i am doing this right?

Scarlet-Star
Jun 13, 2013, 08:15 PM
Installed
Opened the newest edition of Tweaker.
check for missing files, and then when it asked to download them all I said yes.
then checked for Updates.
You may have to check for updates twice, sometimes it doesn't get ALL the latest files at once.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 14, 2013, 12:59 AM
+^_^+ great work!! this will make it so much easier to try and get my xenophobic friends to play+^_^+

zzmojoezz
Jul 4, 2013, 10:08 PM
Installed
Opened the newest edition of Tweaker.
check for missing files, and then when it asked to download them all I said yes.
then checked for Updates.
You may have to check for updates twice, sometimes it doesn't get ALL the latest files at once.

I just got done installing this, and checked for missing files. It seems I'm missing ALOT of files lol....Is that normal? I didn't think id be missing this many...was excited lol thought I was gonna get to play tonight finally

KazukiQZ
Jul 4, 2013, 11:31 PM
^Yes this is normal since although the PSO2 Setup is one of the latest installer, there are still new updates need to be downloaded. Be patient and good luck :)
Don't forget to play on Ship 2: Ur, that's where most EN players are :D

zzmojoezz
Jul 5, 2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks for being so nice Kazukiqz, Iv played almost every PSO...was wondering how different this one is? Will my past with the games help me master this one?

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2013, 05:58 AM
You're welcome :D
From what i heard, PSO2 is a mix of the previous Phantasy Star titles. As I only played PSO episode 1 2 for GC and PSO2, I can't give you a concrete answer :/
If you're a fan of the franchise, you'll most likely to like PSO2 :)

zzmojoezz
Jul 5, 2013, 02:25 PM
the tweaker seems to be putting all the files its downloaded directly in the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\ folder...is that where the files should be going? do I need to move them?

and I just randomly found like 9000 files it downloaded the other day on my C drive in no folder, should i just delete them? or PSO2 tweaker is still downloading, think iv had it on for 24 hours and only got 3k files so far, pretty sure i got like 7k to go :( gonna take a week before I can play...

Sorry for all the noob question, i hate being a noob lol but i learn quick

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2013, 03:44 PM
the tweaker seems to be putting all the files its downloaded directly in the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\ folder...is that where the files should be going? do I need to move them?

and I just randomly found like 9000 files it downloaded the other day on my C drive in no folder, should i just delete them? or PSO2 tweaker is still downloading, think iv had it on for 24 hours and only got 3k files so far, pretty sure i got like 7k to go :( gonna take a week before I can play...

Sorry for all the noob question, i hate being a noob lol but i learn quick
Yeah it also take me a week before I can play again, my PC broke down once. Had to install everything from scratch, luckily this installer is pretty updated :)

That files not in folder also happen to me. AIDA may has answer to that. Currently I just put all of them in one folder. Maybe it can be used for something? :/

zzmojoezz
Jul 6, 2013, 04:07 PM
Right now its downloading abunch of the files, but they all say 0kb, i have a feeling something is messing up...or is there files that small?

KazukiQZ
Jul 6, 2013, 11:25 PM
Something is definitely wrong there...The smallest file size is 1kb. Try post your problem/question here if it is regarding using the tweaker:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

Shirokami
Jul 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
Speed doesn't go over 50kb/s but it's faster than Sega.

AIDA
Jul 12, 2013, 04:35 AM
Speed doesn't go over 50kb/s but it's faster than Sega.

It's because we redid the Arks Layer server, so we lost the web seed - The new version of the setup will be available in about 5 days, so there's no point uploading ~12GB to the server, only to do it again when it's done.

Neferpitou
Jul 12, 2013, 05:32 AM
Aida you're so amazing... downloaded and installed much faster than downloading the JP launcher... ty so much

Shirokami
Jul 12, 2013, 10:34 AM
It's because we redid the Arks Layer server, so we lost the web seed - The new version of the setup will be available in about 5 days, so there's no point uploading ~12GB to the server, only to do it again when it's done.

Well, if nothing goes wrong I'll have the game in ~2 hours (It would be strange if nothing went wrong in my life)
Oh well, I hope I can at least play 2 or 3 days before the update.
So, say, how much do I have to update with this client? (Hopes it's less than 2GB)

AIDA
Jul 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
Well, if nothing goes wrong I'll have the game in ~2 hours (It would be strange if nothing went wrong in my life)
Oh well, I hope I can at least play 2 or 3 days before the update.
So, say, how much do I have to update with this client? (Hopes it's less than 2GB)

It'll be less than 2GB. Make sure to use the PSO2 Tweaker (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248) to update.

Shirokami
Jul 12, 2013, 10:42 AM
It'll be less than 2GB. Make sure to use the PSO2 Tweaker (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248) to update.

Was planning to, in the past when I played the game (And had to drop it because Avast killed two of my HDDs and I didn't know it was that DAMN antivirus) it always took ages to update with the JP launcher.
Thanks a lot, I'd hug you so hard for this I'd crush several of your ribs in the process.

Tomjac
Jul 16, 2013, 05:42 PM
Thank you.

Light dragon
Jul 16, 2013, 09:24 PM
So does this mean than downloading the setup_en is pointless for the moment and should wait till new patch?

AIDA
Jul 16, 2013, 09:31 PM
So does this mean than downloading the setup_en is pointless for the moment and should wait till new patch?

Correct. A new version will be out within a few hours.

Light dragon
Jul 16, 2013, 10:16 PM
Ah k I guess I'll wait then. Thank you.

AIDA
Jul 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Updated to include all content as of yesterday :)

LoneWolf019
Jul 17, 2013, 02:42 PM
so the tweaker is good to use now?

AIDA
Jul 17, 2013, 03:26 PM
so the tweaker is good to use now?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry. ^^;

LoneWolf019
Jul 17, 2013, 03:29 PM

well i mean to use the english patch?? >.<;;

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 03:31 PM
I think he is confusing the tweaker with this English installer.

LoneWolf019
Jul 17, 2013, 03:46 PM
probably xD

LoneWolf019
Jul 17, 2013, 03:48 PM
ah so this is different, i downloaded it but idk what to open it with :/

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 03:50 PM
ah so this is different, i downloaded it but idk what to open it with :/
*Facedesk* this is the PSO2 Installer in English and it replaces the Japanese one.

LoneWolf019
Jul 17, 2013, 03:53 PM
Ahehe sorry im new to all this computer stuff >.< just barely switcher over

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 04:00 PM
Ahehe sorry im new to all this computer stuff >.< just barely switcher over
No problem, it happens. At least now you know right?

LoneWolf019
Jul 17, 2013, 04:30 PM
No problem, it happens. At least now you know right?

Yeah thanks for baring with me ^^;;

Shirokami
Jul 18, 2013, 11:09 PM
Bump.

SnowfoxZero
Jul 20, 2013, 02:34 AM
Bump.

Seeding it a with no speed limit right now.

ohvenice
Jul 21, 2013, 11:10 PM
my download rate wont go faster than ~120kb/s, am i doing something wrong?

Shirokami
Aug 6, 2013, 01:53 PM
BUMP - A friend is trying to download it and the speed is sucking, did anything happen to the torrent?

AIDA
Aug 6, 2013, 02:37 PM
I just checked, I'm getting around 1.8 - 2 MB/s. Are their ports open and everything?

Shirokami
Aug 6, 2013, 02:45 PM
I just checked, I'm getting around 1.8 - 2 MB/s. Are their ports open and everything?

Alright, thanks AIDA and sorry for bothering <3
Gonna tell him to stop blaming the torrent and check his connection.

AIDA
Aug 6, 2013, 02:49 PM
Alright, thanks AIDA and sorry for bothering <3
Gonna tell him to stop blaming the torrent and check his connection.

There's no such thing as bothering me. I'd rather you tell me you're having an issue and it turn out to be nothing, than have you not tell me and there be an issue :p

Shirokami
Aug 6, 2013, 03:05 PM
There's no such thing as bothering me. I'd rather you tell me you're having an issue and it turn out to be nothing, than have you not tell me and there be an issue :p

And that's exactly the kind of attitude that brings you and your team to do such a better job than SEGA.
Never change.

kazuyaowns
Aug 9, 2013, 05:15 PM
Here downloading 1mb/s with wireless connection ;) 40mb

Edit: 2mb/s too

darkwraith007
Aug 9, 2013, 07:22 PM
This is awesome...wish I'd known about it back when I was reinstalling PSO2 O_O

AIDA, could you add it to your links in your signature? It is a bit odd to try finding it without an easy link.

Rouqs
Aug 9, 2013, 08:31 PM
So, I downloaded PSO2 without any patches and started downloading this version. Should I uninstall the one without any patches?

Rouqs
Aug 9, 2013, 10:55 PM
Also, should the seeding be taking this long? It's been like 30 minutes. Just wondering.

AIDA
Aug 10, 2013, 04:28 AM
This is awesome...wish I'd known about it back when I was reinstalling PSO2 O_O

AIDA, could you add it to your links in your signature? It is a bit odd to try finding it without an easy link.

Done :)

So, I downloaded PSO2 without any patches and started downloading this version. Should I uninstall the one without any patches?

Either that, or just install this one over it.

Also, should the seeding be taking this long? It's been like 30 minutes. Just wondering.

Seeding means that it's done and ready to be used. It's just sending it to the people as well!~

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 10:05 AM
Done :)

Either that, or just install this one over it.

Seeding means that it's done and ready to be used. It's just sending it to the people as well!~
Thank you so much!

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
Okay so it told me to paste this?

I have no clue what's going on.

http://pastebin.com/kfAMs7FH

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 11:15 AM
[quote=Rouqs;3021495]Also, I tried launching it from the tweaker, click when I hear SEGA and click again when I hear the opening. Before I can click two more times, it stops, and says its stopped working.

Also, I just tried to pull up Tweaker and this is what it said.

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/Rouqs/UntiH7_zps3c4247a5.png

I really want to play this game and I'm willing to spend hours trying to get it to work and I feel like I almost have it but I hope I actually figure out what's wrong and can fix it.

AIDA
Aug 10, 2013, 04:17 PM
Okay so it told me to paste this?

I have no clue what's going on.

http://pastebin.com/kfAMs7FH

Please re-select your win32 directory.

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
Please re-select your win32 directory.
Okay....what about my other message? Will re-selecting my win32 directory fix that too?

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 04:57 PM
And it keeps saying that the story patch isn't installed but I did in fact, install it. (Sorry for so many questions)

AIDA
Aug 10, 2013, 05:19 PM
Okay....what about my other message? Will re-selecting my win32 directory fix that too?

The Tweaker SHOULD prevent more than 1 from running. Close all PSO2 Tweakers, and only run the 1. That's why you're getting that error.

And it keeps saying that the story patch isn't installed but I did in fact, install it. (Sorry for so many questions)

It's okay, it's what I'm here for - to help :P

Click the ORB -> Options -> Override Story Patch -> Select the version you have installed.

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 05:52 PM
It's still closing itself after I click twice (through SEGA and opening) ... This always comes up
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/Rouqs/H8_zpsb8a5369a.png

I've disabled my firewall to see if that'd help and apparently it didn't. I've invested so many hours into this I don't want to give up haha. Plus I REALLY want to play it.

Also, I've done analyze install for issues on Tweaker and nothing showed up. It said everything was fine. Yet the game still closes after the second click.

AIDA
Aug 10, 2013, 06:56 PM
It's still closing itself after I click twice (through SEGA and opening) ... This always comes up
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/Rouqs/H8_zpsb8a5369a.png

I've disabled my firewall to see if that'd help and apparently it didn't. I've invested so many hours into this I don't want to give up haha. Plus I REALLY want to play it.

Also, I've done analyze install for issues on Tweaker and nothing showed up. It said everything was fine. Yet the game still closes after the second click.

Troubleshooting -> Check for deleted files

Try again. If it doesn't work after that, do

ORB -> Check for PSO2 Updates and hit "No". This will erase all the patches you've installed, but *should* also fix any issues you're having, if they're related to the data files (which they seem to be, looking at your error)

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 07:48 PM
Troubleshooting -> Check for deleted files

Try again. If it doesn't work after that, do

ORB -> Check for PSO2 Updates and hit "No". This will erase all the patches you've installed, but *should* also fix any issues you're having, if they're related to the data files (which they seem to be, looking at your error)
Kay, first option didn't work.

I did the second and it's running great but it's all in Japanese. Should I reinstall the english patches or just deal with it?

Maronji
Aug 10, 2013, 07:54 PM
I did the second and it's running great but it's all in Japanese. Should I reinstall the english patches or just deal with it?

That's because it wiped out your English patches in the process. AIDA even mentioned this.

All you should have to do at this point is re-install them, though, and, provided that everything is in order, it should work just fine (unless the Tweaker is downloading the wrong patches).

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 07:59 PM
That's because it wiped out your English patches in the process. AIDA even mentioned this.

All you should have to do at this point is re-install them, though, and, provided that everything is in order, it should work just fine (unless the Tweaker is downloading the wrong patches).
Oh, I know AIDA mentioned that I just didn't know if I should have left it like that...(Im new) How do I make sure Tweaker has the right ones? Just find the links from AIDA and download them again? Im not that tech savvy. Sorry if I sound stupid, I seriously don't know this stuff.

Maronji
Aug 10, 2013, 08:10 PM
Oh, I know AIDA mentioned that I just didn't know if I should have left it like that...(Im new) How do I make sure Tweaker has the right ones? Just find the links from AIDA and download them again? Im not that tech savvy. Sorry if I sound stupid, I seriously don't know this stuff.

Oh, okay. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

The options in the Tweaker should cover your bases just fine. All you should need to do is click on the ORB => Install/Update Patches => and install whichever patches you use. The only one that you have to download manually is the Story Patch, which you should have the 08-08 version before installing.

dhman2011
Aug 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
thank you so much

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
Oh, okay. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

The options in the Tweaker should cover your bases just fine. All you should need to do is click on the ORB => Install/Update Patches => and install whichever patches you use. The only one that you have to download manually is the Story Patch, which you should have the 08-08 version before installing.
Okay, erm, another quick question. I've got the Story Patch downloaded and now have no clue what to do. How do I get it over to Tweaker correctly?

And it's already in WinRAR but I don't know about getting it in a certain file or there's a certain way I need to get it to Tweaker so hopefully, I can finally play.

Maronji
Aug 10, 2013, 08:42 PM
Okay, erm, another quick question. I've got the Story Patch downloaded and now have no clue what to do. How do I get it over to Tweaker correctly?

And it's already in WinRAR but I don't know about getting it in a certain file or there's a certain way I need to get it to Tweaker so hopefully, I can finally play.

You do the same method I described above (Orb menu => Install/Update Patches => English Story Patch). It should ask you if you downloaded the RAR file (and please don't try to use the .torrent file that's used for downloading the RAR), where you'd click "Yes" and it'll open a dialog box where you browse to where your Story Patch RAR file is and open it (RAR only; no folders, no .torrent files). It'll extract the RAR, backup your JP files, and install the patch.

That should be it, really.

Rouqs
Aug 10, 2013, 08:54 PM
You do the same method I described above (Orb menu => Install/Update Patches => English Story Patch). It should ask you if you downloaded the RAR file (and please don't try to use the .torrent file that's used for downloading the RAR), where you'd click "Yes" and it'll open a dialog box where you browse to where your Story Patch RAR file is and open it (RAR only; no folders, no .torrent files). It'll extract the RAR, backup your JP files, and install the patch.

That should be it, really.
It worked! Everything's perfect! I'm so happy I could kiss you~ Thanks!

Kenshogan
Aug 11, 2013, 04:11 AM
Hope this isn't a dumb question, but which patch to i install it in? on its own or in the PSO2 folder

sotsotzaii
Aug 13, 2013, 05:30 AM
Hi, I just want to ask, I had troubles downloading the game using the Official Client Downloader from the official website.

So is this another alternative to download the full client? I mean this torrent that you posted, is it the same? If so, then I'm going ahead to download it and delete my SEGA folder which I downloaded from the Official website. Is it ok to download this client?

AIDA
Aug 13, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hi, I just want to ask, I had troubles downloading the game using the Official Client Downloader from the official website.

So is this another alternative to download the full client? I mean this torrent that you posted, is it the same? If so, then I'm going ahead to download it and delete my SEGA folder which I downloaded from the Official website. Is it ok to download this client?

Yep! It's actually better, since it includes all patches up to a few weeks ago :]

KazukiQZ
Aug 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
So, the installer has been updated again? Sweet :D

LT RADCZEK
Aug 16, 2013, 04:01 PM
Okay, so I installed the game with the english installer, then I checked for missing and deleted files, and checked for PSO2 updates through the tweaker, but whenever I try to run the game, an error message pops up. It says,

"Cannot find 'd3dx9_43.dll'. Please re-install this application."

So I tried reinstalling it, and performing the file and update checks in the tweaker, and the same thing kept popping up. So I went to troubleshooting > Analyze install for issues, and this comes up:

Missing GameGuard.DES file! Please run Troubleshooting -> Fix Gameguard issues! [WARNING!] Done!
Checking for folders...
Missing Gameguard folder! Please run Troubleshooting -> Fix Gameguard issues! [WARNING!] Done!
Done testing! If you got any errors here, please carry out the recommended steps.

So I did what it said, and ran Fix Gameguard issues, which results in this:

Deleting Gameguard registry keys...
ERROR - Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.

So from the looks of it, Gameguard is just completely missing. Do I need to install gameguard separately or something? I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

Variant
Aug 16, 2013, 04:57 PM
Uhm. Your first issue was from apparently not having DirectX 9.0c installed (I think that's the dx version anyway).

Next, you are running Tweaker as an administrator right? (Right click->Run as Administrator), and is the pso2_bin directory is correctly set?

Finally, do the Gameguard files actually exist in the folder? Like, can you see them under <PSO Directory>/pso2_bin/GameGuard

LT RADCZEK
Aug 16, 2013, 10:25 PM
Right, right, I completely forgot to install DirectX. I just finished reformatting my computer, and I guess I forgot to install a few things! Now that the game runs, it downloaded Gameguard, which explains the missing gameguard files. I forgot that Gameguard is installed when you try to run the game the first time, not when you install the game itself.

So everything is working fine now, I guess the whole problem was just me being completely forgetful. ^^; Thanks for the help though!

CyanicKat
Aug 19, 2013, 09:59 PM
Sooo, I just recently got back into checking PSO2 again and it hasn't been that long now since I last played it(maybe a month or a few weeks?) but after I got back into it and tried reinstalling it onto my computer

1)The Official Patches cut me off half way like other people that has happened to(Error: Failed to install,ya know, blah blah)

So I found the Tweaker and am confused on how to use it...do I first download the english patch then reinstall all the patches and also check for missing files(figured out I had alot of missing files)? and I also get the same error with not having gameguard files and whatnot. Also do I need to delete and takeout the sega file and the other file of Phantasy Star Online 2 from the offical JP one before I install the english patch and setup for the game?

AIDA
Aug 20, 2013, 02:10 AM
I've written an installation guide here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Just start at Part 5: Installing and Updating PSO2.

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 18, 2013, 07:58 AM
The torrent seems to be down the past 12 hours. Is there any other way to get this English setup? Thanks

Kion
Sep 18, 2013, 08:19 AM
Link got moved. Aida may need to update the first post: http://arks-layer.com/docs/PSO2E2JP_SETUPEN.torrent

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 18, 2013, 09:13 AM
Link got moved. Aida may need to update the first post: http://arks-layer.com/docs/PSO2E2JP_SETUPEN.torrent
Ok thanks! I'll try this one. I was using the one on Nyaa Torrents.

EDIT: Hmm, it's doing the same thing as the torrent from Nyaa. According to my client, there are connection timeouts for each of the 3 trackers. I was able to connect to 1 peer, but it disconnected within a minute. After that, 0 peers. I even relaxed the protocol from "enforced encryption" (up and down) to "allow either," yet it didn't help. I'm able to connect to different torrents just fine, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

AIDA
Sep 18, 2013, 09:34 AM
Eh, It's about time for a new torrent anyhow, lol. I'll build a new version - The torrent *should* be out by tonight/tomorrow.

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 18, 2013, 01:37 PM
Ah, it's downloading now and very fast! There are many peers +30 on the torrent. It was probably an issue on my end before.

Anyway, all is good! Thanks Aida!

EDIT: It installed fine and I've used the Twerker to update all the English patches. Grade A! Thanks much!

KazukiQZ
Sep 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
A question, does the link at *opps* the latest one for the EN Installer? Or the torrent is still on update status?

Korazenn
Sep 19, 2013, 01:25 PM
A question, does the link at **name of the website removed** the latest one for the EN Installer? Or the torrent is still on update status?

Blocked out the name of the website. Can you please edit your post and do so as well, Kazu? Thanks in advance~

To answer your question, yes. It does use the latest one for the PSO2 Episode 2 English Setup File! ^^

AIDA
Sep 19, 2013, 01:56 PM
I've got about another 12 hours of uploading to do before the newest version is finished. I'll return the links until it's actually ready.

AIDA
Sep 20, 2013, 08:35 AM
New setup is out, contains all patches up to 9/20/2013!~ We've also got FOUR dedicated seedboxes, so download speeds should be ridiculously fast. Links are in the first post.

Enjoy!

Kion
Sep 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
Aida. You wanna... fifth dedicated seed box?

Korazenn
Sep 20, 2013, 10:18 AM

I concur. :-P

AIDA
Sep 20, 2013, 11:52 AM

Yesssss, we always need more!

Chunderstruck
Oct 17, 2013, 08:55 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid.... i downloaded the torrent with utorrent, and when i went to install the game there are a bunch of .bin files. They will not open with winrar or 7zip, i am wondering if maybe there are some corrupt files or i am just doing something wrong here.

apparently i had a moment of retardation, but i got it figured out.... when i had first started trying to get this i tried to use a different torrent program. i ended up just using utorrent. i had unfinished files from the first attempt to download this.

AIDA
Nov 18, 2013, 11:10 AM
Updated the files to the latest version of PSO2 ^^

Link1275
Nov 19, 2013, 12:07 PM
Is the installer compressed now, or do you still need twice the size of the game files to install the game using this installer? I accidentally deleted the game a while back and wanted to try getting back on it to see if it has changed or if it is still a piece of garbage.

AIDA
Nov 19, 2013, 12:49 PM
Is the installer compressed now, or do you still need twice the size of the game files to install the game using this installer? I accidentally deleted the game a while back and wanted to try getting back on it to see if it has changed or if it is still a piece of garbage.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23005008/pso2installer.png

I don't think you ever needed twice the size of the game. Even if it wasn't compressed (which it is), it should not be more than 5MB larger than the up to date version.

EDIT: Rewrote my post, you were calling PSO2 garbage, not my installer. Sorry! ^^;

Link1275
Nov 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
When I initially tried to reinstall the game using your installer it required almost twice the size of the game or something in order for it to fit onto my HDD, as such I didn't have enough space to install the game with the installer on the HDD. A bit of a paradox in other words, have to have an installer to install the game, but can't have the installer on the HDD to install the game or there isn't enough room. And looking at the total combined file sizes from the pictures you posted, you have to have a little over 30 GBs to install the game using your installer still.

AIDA
Nov 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
When I initially tried to reinstall the game using your installer it required almost twice the size of the game or something in order for it to fit onto my HDD, as such I didn't have enough space to install the game with the installer on the HDD. A bit of a paradox in other words, have to have an installer to install the game, but can't have the installer on the HDD to install the game or there isn't enough room. And looking at the total combined file sizes from the pictures you posted, you have to have a little over 30 GBs to install the game using your installer still.

Ah, I see what you mean~ Yeah, it sucks, but there's no other way to do it unless you package a very small downloader, and have it download for days and days. (Which defeats the purpose of this installer) =/

johnahh
Nov 23, 2013, 12:41 PM
Hi, I am having trouble downloading this torrent

2013-11-23 17:35:35 Downloaded piece #98 failed in hash check, 8192 KB dropped.
I get this constantly i left it on for 3-4 hours and didnt even get 0.1% downloaded as it is dropping everything.

Any ideas how to remedy this?

AIDA
Nov 23, 2013, 01:20 PM
What are you using to download it?

And check your hard drive, it may be failing =/

johnahh
Nov 23, 2013, 01:23 PM
Bitcomet, also downloading other things at the same time that arnt having this problem,

My SSD is fine :)

Freneza
Nov 26, 2013, 10:38 AM
Same problem here, allready dropped like 49gb data. Also the healthyness of the torrent is 0%. Also using bittorrent. Keeps saying 0 seeds. Download speed goes up and down from 1kb to 14.000 kbps. It seems after 68% it keeps dropping everything "failed to check hash" etc.

doubleEXP
Nov 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
I just downloaded this torrent 5 or 6 days ago. Prior to that, I had never downloaded a torrent in my life. TBH, I wasn't quite sure what they were. Anyway, I did a quick search on the net, and selected uTorrent as the program to download for using torrents. Quick download, works great. I had zero problems with this torrent, using utorrent. So, it may be worth a try, since it's free and it works with this file.

Doomtrigger
Nov 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
download piece 217 and 129 failed hash check im at 99.8 setup 1b is at 98.4 and has been for 8 hours...

AIDA
Nov 27, 2013, 01:02 PM
If it doesn't finish by tonight, I'll rebuild the torrent.

I'd do it now, but real life and holiday stuff.

Doomtrigger
Nov 27, 2013, 06:56 PM
Could i download the japanese version and then just use the pso2 tweaker to patch it to english? Its stuck at 99.9 been that way since 10 this morning.

AIDA
Nov 27, 2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah. How odd...

Kitsue
Dec 2, 2013, 12:01 PM
I can confirm the problem as well, failed hash check on every file :/ Tried to dl the torrent on multiple client (Bitcomet, utorrent and bittorrent) but that obviously didn't change anything.

sonic7317
Dec 4, 2013, 03:25 PM
Edit edit:

Forget my original question.

I installed this, did everything the guide said. Installed the tweaker, the various patches and translations, all said and done, all systems go. I launch the game and...."PSO2.exe has stopped working" every time I try to launch it...

I'm on windows 8.1, are there issues with it working with that update? Please help :(

AIDA
Dec 4, 2013, 06:25 PM
I'll be redoing the setup tonight, but it'll take a day or two to repatch, update, and upload.

AIDA
Dec 5, 2013, 01:09 PM
Just FYI - Setup will be unavailable to download during the next day or two while I update it.

AIDA
Dec 6, 2013, 07:46 AM
Making torrent now - If all goes well, torrent should be up in about 10 minutes.

AIDA
Dec 6, 2013, 09:53 AM
Torrent updated - Redownload the torrent file from the usual place, and let me know if it fixes it. Thanks!

Kitsue
Dec 6, 2013, 10:05 AM
Hey, thank you for updating the torrent !

However, at least for me, it's hasnt solved the problem ; I'm still having failed hash check, and after about ~10 minute downloading at 1mb/sec, I'm still at 0.0% on every file.

EDIT : Well, it seems like it's not the case for everyone since I've got a friend who is currently downloading the game and he have no problem, hm. Wonder what could cause the problem then, I've never got the problem with another torrent.

EDIT2 : I've found something : I'm usually using bitcomet to download torrent (and it works well generaly), but for testing purpose, I've tried multiple torrent client to test and try. It seems the torrent is downloading without error using utorrent this time ! I tried utorrent before you updated the torrent, and it didn't worked that time.

histugiyia
Dec 8, 2013, 12:22 PM
ok guys i launched the game using aidas launcher but right when it loods it says pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close can somebody please help me :/

ashley50
Dec 8, 2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208170

ask there.

histugiyia
Dec 8, 2013, 02:34 PM
ok guys i launched the game using aidas launcher but right when it loods it says pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close can somebody please help me :/

Valkryos
Dec 12, 2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the torrent and everything in it, i've read all the post here(surprisingly since i barely read posts)

will seed full time after finishing the torrent

thanks again

sol_trigger
Dec 29, 2013, 07:14 AM
is there an manual patch for this client after i finish downloading it ?

shagia
Dec 29, 2013, 07:44 AM
is there an manual patch for this client after i finish downloading it ?

Seeing how the last update was 12/6/13, I'm willing to bet there's a manual patch for it, but you can always patch it much easier with AIDA's PSO Tweaker. (http://arks-layer.com/index.php)

sol_trigger
Dec 29, 2013, 07:51 AM
ok thanks i'll look into it

MoeLizard
Dec 30, 2013, 05:41 AM
that patch is for 32-bit OS, is that works for 64-bit OS ? i'm already try use but i can't run this patch because my PC 64-bit OS T^T
Please help me

MoeLizard
Dec 30, 2013, 05:45 AM
is that patch works in 64-bit OS ?

AIDA
Dec 30, 2013, 08:40 AM
This "patch" (EXE) works fine in 64bit OS - It's what I have and use. Make sure that it's 100% done.

sol_trigger
Dec 30, 2013, 12:22 PM
could not find patchlist.txt
help

AIDA
Feb 13, 2014, 02:04 PM
Torrent has been updated with the latest PSO2 updates/files as of today, 2/13/2014. :)

DJcooltrainer
Feb 13, 2014, 02:39 PM
If we previously had the last base version installed, should we re-download?

AIDA
Feb 13, 2014, 04:36 PM
If we previously had the last base version installed, should we re-download?

Are you referring to the story patch?

Anselm
Feb 22, 2014, 01:49 PM
Is there another way to get this file, or can I do the install without it? I am trying to download it right now but there are no seeders as far as I can tell so my download is stalled. I appreciate any help.

vvv EDIT: I had some settings jacked up, haha. My bad.

AIDA
Feb 22, 2014, 05:42 PM
Is there another way to get this file, or can I do the install without it? I am trying to download it right now but there are no seeders as far as I can tell so my download is stalled. I appreciate any help.

http://puu.sh/76FbR.png

???

moorebounce
Apr 3, 2014, 09:09 AM
I ended up having to reinstall the official JP version messing around with that english installer. The first attempt it said I had registry problems. After fixing that it said the files were corrupted. Then I said F-it then installed the old JP loader and went to check for old/missing files it took nearly 24 hours to update the missing updates and still wasn't done.

Razerkiss
Apr 11, 2014, 02:48 AM
So does the english patch only translate the items? Hard to create a character when everything is in japanese lol

AIDA
Apr 11, 2014, 12:42 PM
No, the english patch pretty much translates all the menus and stuff too.

Neunzehnhundert
Apr 15, 2014, 10:52 AM
Okay I got a problem..
After an hour I FINALLY beat that captcha boss....
then I wanted to start the game but it is patching.. and patching.. and patching.. when it finishes the launcher opened, I clicked sarted, two more patches and then the launcher closed. Nothing happens. I waited about an hour after I startet the lancher again. And it patched again. If it is really a patch. It is just saying "Checking xxx" on the left bottom corner.
Can someone help me..?

KuroMisaka
Apr 21, 2014, 12:33 AM
Quick question. Is ship 2 still the dominant server where English speaking players are on? I heard that it was ship 10 on other forums. Btw thank you for making this post really helped me ^_^ gave up on waiting for the other version that Sega was gonna release.

AIDA
Apr 25, 2014, 06:54 PM
Updated the setup file with the latest content up 4/23/2014. Enjoy!

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 30, 2014, 09:13 AM
Thank you for this!

Is the main Ship for English players still 2?

AIDA
Apr 30, 2014, 10:24 AM
Yes it is :)

kleverkarl
May 5, 2014, 04:13 AM
The Torrent is slow for me.. my download is 100kB/s (It's slow, all ISP in my country sucks)
but the download is unstable that it goes to 50 kB/s

I upload 100kB/s so I contribute while downloading but can anyone please seed so that it can be finished faster? The Seeds on uTorrent is at 0.127.

I'm sorry for complaining but I want to play the game and this installer is the best solution.

vbetts
May 8, 2014, 09:36 AM
Anyway this could be uploaded to Google Drive or Mediafire? I'm not finding any peers on the download.

CasanovaJoe
May 9, 2014, 09:06 PM
Can somebody seed for me... Literally getting 1.8 Kbs

Shear
May 10, 2014, 03:42 AM
Are you using the correct torrent?
I just tested and the actual one on Arks-layer is pretty fast with many seeds.

Reser
May 10, 2014, 11:36 AM
Should not be slow in the slighest, almost 100 seeds and the people I am currently seeding to are getitng 1-3Mb/sec in total apparently, I got 2-3Mb/sec when I downloaded.

Also this is a 20GB download I think there is zero chance this will ever be uploaded to mediafire e.t.c.

seilent
May 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
There u go just done mirrored to MF..

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/m8sgb002r4qng/PSO2_Installer

kuroi-pearl
May 11, 2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much for the setup! Tho, This is my first time using a torrent and I'm finding it's awfully slow and inconsistent (gone from 2 kb/s to like 280 kb/s) ... any tips on speeding it up? I only got 22 seeds... Using the torrent from arks-layer, and Bittorrent 7.9.1 if it helps...

Xayu
May 20, 2014, 10:51 PM

Thank you! This is just what my friend needed, since he's unable to use torrent due to his quota internet.

red1228
May 20, 2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks so much for the setup! Tho, This is my first time using a torrent and I'm finding it's awfully slow and inconsistent (gone from 2 kb/s to like 280 kb/s) ... any tips on speeding it up? I only got 22 seeds... Using the torrent from arks-layer, and Bittorrent 7.9.1 if it helps...

I've found that browsing the internet while trying to torrent something causes the Torrenter to lose "consistency" with its download speeds. Fluctuating from 1kb/s to 1mb/s. If I leave the computer alone & go do something else (like watch TV), it will be done with even large files in less than 30 minutes.

And as said by others, there should be plenty of seeders.

SStrikerR
May 21, 2014, 03:53 PM

Before I waste hours of my time doing the wrong thing, do I just have to download all of the setup files one at a time, and then run the exe after that's downloaded?

seilent
May 21, 2014, 04:34 PM
Before I waste hours of my time doing the wrong thing, do I just have to download all of the setup files one at a time, and then run the exe after that's downloaded?

yes, the content is same with the one in torrent..
download everything inside that folder, put in same folder, launch the setup..

but of course u still need to download story patch later >.>

OmegaNexus
May 21, 2014, 05:21 PM
WAIT? What files do I need to install the english patch on the new update?

OmegaNexus
May 21, 2014, 05:30 PM
Can someone please link me to what I need to download for the lastest game update.

AIDA
May 22, 2014, 01:58 AM
Open the PSO2 Tweaker and click "Check for PSO2 Updates".

Terraxus
May 27, 2014, 04:45 AM
Hi, i've got a problem with the game, and I don't know if it's a Tweaker issue or if it's due to my Graphics card. The model of my card is ATI mobility Radeon HD 3560, and as i've seen more people can play the game perfectly with it.
The problem is that, once i start the game, it runs perfectly, i can see the starting video, and the SEGA and Nvidia spots, but once it should enter to the main menu the screen stays black, just in the pso2 window, but if i move the mouse to where the menus should be, i can hear the SFX that they display. Basically, if i remember the menus i can play, but once i get to the lobby... let's say it's a bit difficult to play without seeing anything xD
I would be very grateful if someone could give me an answer to this problem, and by the way, i've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, updating my drivers, and using the Fix Permissions and Check for Missing/old files Tweaker options. Thanks for comming answers! ^^

CandleMonkey
Jun 5, 2014, 07:53 PM
Thank you so much! Went from a 24 hr wait to a 2 hr.

Atsushi
Aug 9, 2014, 05:56 PM
thanks for the torrent !

May0
Aug 21, 2014, 11:35 PM
I'm downloading this bad boy and avast locked some of the files in the virus chest. They are, Bk5B7B.tmp, BK3C57.tmp, and BK3C4D.tmp. virus showing as win32:Evo-gen. false positive? I assume I'll need to restore the files for a proper install.

AIDA
Aug 22, 2014, 12:38 PM
I'm downloading this bad boy and avast locked some of the files in the virus chest. They are, Bk5B7B.tmp, BK3C57.tmp, and BK3C4D.tmp. virus showing as win32:Evo-gen. false positive? I assume I'll need to restore the files for a proper install.

If you got it from arks-layer.com, it's a false positive. I don't recognize those file per se, but they might be the installer extracting temporary files.

May0
Aug 22, 2014, 10:02 PM
after attempting to run the game game guard pop in windows explorer wouldn't let me even launch the game so I'm assuming those are the game guard files that avast blocked. I added them back and I'm attempting a reinstall.

If this nonsense continues I may cut my losses and go resume my adventure in the SEA server. It took all of one install and didn't give me any black screen nonsense.

dis accessibility. :dead:

Skyly
Aug 22, 2014, 11:23 PM
Are you using the tweaker? If so try troubleshooting gameguard through the tweaker..

virgox
Aug 23, 2014, 06:20 AM
Just finished installing this game (20gb). and i open tweaker I checked for pso2 update and there is still 3.5gb file? is that normal?

May0
Aug 23, 2014, 12:57 PM
Are you using the tweaker? If so try troubleshooting gameguard through the tweaker..

Before I did it with the missing files avast took out so I figure that bongled it beyond saving. I tried to "download missing bits" optiion in hopes of fixing it but I kept on getting the black screen. To eliminate the possibility of it being screwed up by my own doing I made sure this time to make sure the game works solely as the JP version before attempting to patch it.

Now I need to do some reading because if I have to download these patches again I'm pretty sure I'm done with JP version.

Skyly
Aug 23, 2014, 01:17 PM
Did you try disabling your AV to see if that's the problem?

May0
Aug 23, 2014, 01:52 PM
I got it working now.

Avast isolated the original files but I just took them out of the virus chest to resolve that bit. I had some trouble logging in but I got over those hurdles as well. I swear, this is worse than trying to eat crab legs. So much work, so little payoff...

I need someone's IGN for getting us both an invite bonus. I'll make a thread in a second to that end.

Skyly
Aug 24, 2014, 12:46 AM
I got it working now.

Avast isolated the original files but I just took them out of the virus chest to resolve that bit. I had some trouble logging in but I got over those hurdles as well. I swear, this is worse than trying to eat crab legs. So much work, so little payoff...

I need someone's IGN for getting us both an invite bonus. I'll make a thread in a second to that end.

But crab legs are so delicious. Good luck playing pso2!

AIDA
Aug 30, 2014, 03:12 AM
Setup updated to include all updates up to 8/28/2014 (Including EPISODE3).