PDA

View Full Version : AC bought to last a year.

Zenobia
Jun 4, 2013, 10:54 PM
So sega rule now upon buying AC you have a year to use it (including you don't buy any within that year to extend it) tighten your jockstraps ppl shit just got real.

DISCUSS

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1560

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 4, 2013, 10:55 PM
tbh why the hell would someone buy ac if they aren't gonna use it for a year

Zenobia
Jun 4, 2013, 10:58 PM

Better question why did sega make this rule to begin with.

D-Inferno
Jun 4, 2013, 10:59 PM
Probably to force people who bought 10000+ AC way back to blow it on worthless shit.

BlankM
Jun 4, 2013, 11:00 PM
Because its been a year and oh god THE CONUNDRUMS

Probably to force people who bought 10000+ AC way back to blow it on worthless shit.

This doesn't make sense because they already have the money. It doesn't matter to them whether they get anything out of it or not.

Emp
Jun 4, 2013, 11:01 PM

Sega want ya moneyz

EvilMag
Jun 4, 2013, 11:01 PM
I have a feeling this isn't gonna go well with the JP community.

BIG OLAF
Jun 4, 2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, it makes sense that they would make that rule now. PSO2's first anniversary is coming up in July, so SEGA wants to make sure that all those wackadoodles that bought like 50k AC (yes, there were some that actually did) a year ago have it all spent by the time the anniversary rolls around, or they plain ol' lose it.

D-Inferno
Because its been a year and oh god THE CONUNDRUMS

This doesn't make sense because they already have the money. It doesn't matter to them whether they get anything out of it or not.

It makes sense because someone might have want to have a ton of AC already there to buy things along the way, but now they are forced to spend it till the expiration date, so they'll needed to buy AC again after it expires.

EDIT: Apparently, it only applies to AC purchased in July 2012. My point still kind of stands for those who purchased a ton of AC when the game started.

Zenobia
Dude I smell a shit storm coming the only thing I can see that would make this bad is if the JP community actually supports this bullshit.

jf2496
Jun 4, 2013, 11:04 PM

Well it is profitable long term, If someone saves some AC yearly( It was too little of an amount to spend on anything you wanted at the time), then the accumulated remainder funds would allow you to purchase something. By erasing this remainder, it ensures more income. It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually shorten this time period.

BIG OLAF
Jun 4, 2013, 11:05 PM
Dude I smell a shit storm coming the only thing I can see that would make this bad is if the JP community actually supports this bullshit.

It's not even a big deal. It's a year. That's a long time. If you're not using AC within a year, then you're fuckin' up.

Zenobia
Jun 4, 2013, 11:08 PM
Well it is profitable long term, If someone saves some AC yearly( It was too little of an amount to spend on anything you wanted at the time), then the accumulated remainder funds would allow you to purchase something. By erasing this remainder, it ensures more income. It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually shorten this time period.

My only thing im pointing which some may miss is that the outcome it could or may not have JP community could rebel against or not worst case scenario ofc they haven't really given much incentives to actually use it beside what...the gacha?

It's not even a big deal. It's a year. That's a long time. If you're not using AC within a year, then you're fuckin' up.

No if im not using it then sega needs to put shit in there for me to use it on. Premium sure. Gacha? Maybe but would could be done is if I bought the lowest of amount of AC possible in which to extend the subscription further which is kinda messed up but works.

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2013, 11:10 PM

To save money. I bought a few hundred dollars worth of AC when we knew that Sega would start blocking foreign credit cards. I didn't want to pay middleman mark up fees. I haven't bought any AC since. My current AC should last me a few more years, since I pretty much just use it for premium.

This new bullshit rule could take away all my AC if I'm not careful. I have to buy some AC within the next few months in order to extend the expiration date of all my AC, or else I lose it all.

Did this rule always exist? I never heard of it until now. If Sega just created the rule yesterday, when the game is so close to its one year anniversary, it could potentially fuck over players who bought a lot of AC when the game first launched, thinking it would last them years.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 4, 2013, 11:15 PM
It's to prevent people to hold onto X amount of AC for the remainder of their playtime. It essentially forces those that buy it to use it all up within a period of time in order to buy more somewhere down the line. Instead of everyone making a one time purchase (whether big or small) it instead requires multiple purchases throughout the game's intended lifeline.

Personally I think it's bullshit, but this isn't the first game I've played that's done this.

BlankM
Jun 4, 2013, 11:27 PM
July 2012? Holy crap. Thats stupid. If they just pulled this rule out of their ass then that has gotta make some customers angry...

Xaeris
Jun 4, 2013, 11:33 PM
One year from the last time you bought AC? This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It also seems to be without purpose, but on a scale of villainy, this ranks between tearing off the tag on a mattress and standing on the grass.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 4, 2013, 11:37 PM
If Sega wants our money, fair enough, the game itself was free to download. Fair?

MetalDude
Jun 4, 2013, 11:47 PM
If Sega wants our money, fair enough, the game itself was free to download. Fair?

Don't think you really read what's going on because this isn't really relevant to the point.

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 5, 2013, 12:21 AM
To save money. I bought a few hundred dollars worth of AC when we knew that Sega would start blocking foreign credit cards. I didn't want to pay middleman mark up fees. I haven't bought any AC since. My current AC should last me a few more years, since I pretty much just use it for premium.

This new bullshit rule could take away all my AC if I'm not careful. I have to buy some AC within the next few months in order to extend the expiration date of all my AC, or else I lose it all.

Did this rule always exist? I never heard of it until now. If Sega just created the rule yesterday, when the game is so close to its one year anniversary, it could potentially fuck over players who bought a lot of AC when the game first launched, thinking it would last them years.
suck to be you and them

Aine
Jun 5, 2013, 12:29 AM
Pretty sure the rule has been in place since the beginning. The point of that post was to remind players that the anniversary is coming up so AC might start expiring.

BlankM
Jun 5, 2013, 12:42 AM
If you end up having to use all that AC, make sure you use it after a big update then share your millions of scratch meseta with me. ^_^

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jun 5, 2013, 12:46 AM
this seems to affect AC purchased during Release. so I have till November to make my Duman.

$egac though, like... this is a pretty underhanded backstabbing tactic to people who patiently waited for specific content to be released.

TaigaUC
Jun 5, 2013, 12:55 AM
Nexon syndrome, huh.

blace
Jun 5, 2013, 01:13 AM
It's a ploy to drag in players that have left early on and entice them with the amount of new clothing. Who really buys scratch if not for the clothing/accessories?

One year is plenty of time to get rid of that surplus of AC.

Mike
Jun 5, 2013, 01:31 AM
Pretty sure the rule has been in place since the beginning. The point of that post was to remind players that the anniversary is coming up so AC might start expiring.
That's correct.

supersonix9
Jun 5, 2013, 01:33 AM

it doesn't even matter, you should use your AC if you bought it; that's why you spent money on it

I don't know of many people who buy AC just to see a number other than 0 on their AC count.

$egac though, like... this is a pretty underhanded backstabbing tactic to people who patiently waited for specific content to be released.
and from here we discuss the concept of "buying the AC when the specific content is released"

ShinMaruku
Jun 5, 2013, 01:37 AM

You have way too much faith in people.

Zenobia
Jun 5, 2013, 01:38 AM
it doesn't even matter, you should use your AC if you bought it; that's why you spent money on it

I don't know of many people who buy AC just to see a number other than 0 on their AC count.

May not matter to you that's your mind set but it matters to me cause there isn't really much to spend it on rather premium wise bout it I don't touch gacha much if at all.

Dunno where ya thought up that last one from unless you wanted to sound like a smartass?

You have way too much faith in people.

I need help Shin:wacko:

supersonix9
Jun 5, 2013, 01:43 AM
May not matter to you that's your mind set but it matters to me cause there isn't really much to spend it on rather premium wise bout it I don't touch gacha much if at all.
then don't buy AC if you don't want to buy anything with it

Dunno where ya thought up that last one from unless you wanted to sound like a smartass?
well it sounds like you caught my wonderful humor

Zenobia
Jun 5, 2013, 01:46 AM
then don't buy AC if you don't want to buy anything with it

well it sounds like you caught my wonderful humor

Nah imma buy it I already post how I would handle it lol<3

And yeah I caught ya humor I know how you role Sine buddy dun take it srsly lol.

UnLucky
Jun 5, 2013, 07:22 AM
I guess this is how they'll get people to finally buy scape dolls

dark maaz
Jun 5, 2013, 07:34 AM
I guess this is how they'll get people to finally buy scape dolls

Lol thats a good theory. How much do they cost anyways?

Gardios
Jun 5, 2013, 07:38 AM
Still have 600 AC left over from... someday... no idea whether to buy two mags or cave in and make a Fury Stance HU skill tree. e_e

This should be in the OP.

gigawuts
Jun 5, 2013, 07:54 AM
AC bought to last a year.

there are no words

well, actually "fuck this shit" works

AgemFrostMage
Jun 5, 2013, 08:23 AM
Still have 600 AC left over from... someday... no idea whether to buy two mags or cave in and make a Fury Stance HU skill tree. e_e

This should be in the OP.

Always cover the practical first the mags can be used for other classes whereas if you only play hunter it's better going with the extra tree.

Zenobia
Jun 5, 2013, 11:48 PM
there are no words

well, actually "fuck this shit" works

LOL MADE MY DAY