PDA

View Full Version : Question to Avira users.

Niris
Jun 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
Is your real time protection hindering game guard and blocking it? It is for me. I have gone into exceptions for the scanner and real time protection and allowed th entire PSO folder as well ass the individual game guard folder.

Does anyone who might be more versed in avira software than I have any kind of solution or suggestions that I might try? Aside from disabling the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of being unprotected.

*Edit* Never mind it works now! Woooo! Now to install the english patch and finally play this baby!

Mekhana
Jun 5, 2013, 11:03 AM
I use Avast, it's wonderful and doesn't get in the way of my gaming at all.

Niris
Jun 5, 2013, 11:03 AM
Good to hear you're finally getting on xD

Tell me about it! I've been patching since sunday. BTW wheres the fullscreen option Its currently in windowed. I don't see it in video options. :nerd:

Gama
Jun 5, 2013, 11:18 AM
i use windows 8 integrated antivirus... no issues.

Niris
Jun 5, 2013, 11:21 AM
And now I can't get a character created to save my life gone through the process three times. I save select next he does the whole huaghhhhhhh! thing than I get dc'd. Ughhh woe is me. -.-

Sandmind
Jun 5, 2013, 01:20 PM
Disconnecting after spending too much time in character creator? I'd recommend trying to 1st use a basic model and see if you can get to the tutorial.

If you can then play, then you're suffering from the same DC issue as me, getting kicked because you were sending no signal to the server and the server was sending you no data(other players moving on screen/talking in chatbox). It got old real fast when having to re-connect after each movie for the tutorial.

(At least the game now save at all time, back when pso2 came out of beta, I had to re-make the character I was using then after every DC during the tutorial. Since it was saving after the mission ended... or atleast, for this one it was the case)

I would highly advice saving often template during character creation(a little above the create button, there should be a save and a load option), that way you can simply re-load them if pso2 kick you for being "inactive".

And here is the benchmark/character creator demo (http://pso2.jp/benchmark/download/) if you prefer to take your time without worry. It should only be lacking voice selection and for cast, run/hover option.

Niris
Jun 5, 2013, 02:54 PM
Disconnecting after spending too much time in character creator? I'd recommend trying to 1st use a basic model and see if you can get to the tutorial.

If you can then play, then you're suffering from the same DC issue as me, getting kicked because you were sending no signal to the server and the server was sending you no data(other players moving on screen/talking in chatbox). It got old real fast when having to re-connect after each movie for the tutorial.

(At least the game now save at all time, back when pso2 came out of beta, I had to re-make the character I was using then after every DC during the tutorial. Since it was saving after the mission ended... or atleast, for this one it was the case)

I would highly advice saving often template during character creation(a little above the create button, there should be a save and a load option), that way you can simply re-load them if pso2 kick you for being "inactive".

And here is the benchmark/character creator demo (http://pso2.jp/benchmark/download/) if you prefer to take your time without worry. It should only be lacking voice selection and for cast, run/hover option.

Mmm gotcha ok I'm gonna give it a go. Aida I also copied those folders back into the main. I did save acouple of templates so I'll try and load em up and just go hopefully I get through. :sleepy:

Niris
Jun 5, 2013, 03:02 PM
Alright good to go running the tutorial