PDA

View Full Version : Ethan for the new Super Smash Bros.

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 5, 2013, 02:36 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but what if Ethan made it to the new Super Smash Bros., I wondered that ever since Sonic made it to SSBB. I even made a page called Ethan for Super Smash Bros. 4 on Facebook. What is you opinion, do you think Ethan would make a cool addition to the SSB roster?

NoiseHERO
Jun 5, 2013, 02:41 PM
Sure must be hard to pick one character that represents this whole series for cameo appearances. May as well just pick Alis.

Palle
Jun 5, 2013, 02:45 PM
Dragon Sakai for the new Super Smash Bros.

Who better to exemplify the shit-spattered cadaver we used to call Phantasy Star?

NoiseHERO
Jun 5, 2013, 02:46 PM
Or just make a Rappy as a Yoshi gameplay clone.

Mike
Jun 5, 2013, 06:36 PM
Or just make a Rappy as a Yoshi gameplay clone.
Probably be better as a Jigglypuff or one of the smaller characters.

BIG OLAF
Jun 5, 2013, 06:37 PM
Rico Tyrell for SSB4

Dark Falz and Olga Flow (maybe Flowen too) for Assist Trophies

Misc. Phantasy Star characters/items for regular trophies and stickers

Blackheart521
Jun 5, 2013, 06:41 PM
Better yet... which items from the series would be good O_O

Edit: Kinda ninja'd with the item idea

gigawuts
Jun 5, 2013, 06:47 PM
mome.

Rekku
Jun 5, 2013, 06:49 PM
Rappies and Dark Falz are best representative of Phantasy Star, I mean they're in almost every game I think. Plus, there shouldn't be too much from here in SSB4 due to low popularity, so those two max in my opinion. Enough for a cameo, but not too much or people will get confused.

blace
Jun 5, 2013, 06:49 PM
mome.
Final Smash
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/data/508/Kuda-0004-MomeYouKnob.jpg[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Jun 5, 2013, 06:52 PM
The dude's "fought" de rol le enough times by now, between all the individual characters on every console and PC, that he has to be friends with it.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2013, 07:21 PM
http://i.minus.com/iMI6Uj4ioDrUD.gifhttp://min.us/lMI6Uj4ioDrUD

That was the only thing that came to mind.

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 5, 2013, 09:29 PM
Rappies and Dark Falz are best representative of Phantasy Star, I mean they're in almost every game I think. Plus, there shouldn't be too much from here in SSB4 due to low popularity, so those two max in my opinion. Enough for a cameo, but not too much or people will get confused.

I think the popularity is more of an problem in the U.S. than in Japan, I figured an apperence of Ethan(or another Phantasy Star character) would help the series become more famous in the U.S. and other nations, Just look at Fire Emblem and what its apperence did on Super Smash Bros.

Sinue_v2
Jun 5, 2013, 09:32 PM
I think Nei would probably be the best representative for the Phantasy Star series as a whole. She's pretty much the most popular character of the classic series, and still enjoys a sizable fanbase in both Japan and other territories. Given PSO's popularity, though, Red Ring Rico wouldn't be a bad choice either.

But, knowing Sega, if they put any character into a SSB game, it'll be some cameo from their current franchise - PSO2. Which may well put western gamers in the awkward position of having a PS cameo character from a game that may not even be out here by the time SSB hits the shelves - and thus, have no fucking clue who that's supposed to be or why they're in a Phantasy Star cameo role.

Also, I do kind of like the idea of Mome, but only as a "side-cameo" or secret joke character unlock... and make him ridiculously weak and inept... kind of like Dan from Street Fighter.

yoshiblue
Jun 5, 2013, 09:38 PM
Ash and Sil'fer would be cool as pallet swaps and/or other potential choices.

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 5, 2013, 11:42 PM
Ethan would be a cool rep for the more newer PS games, but thats just me. Its not so new that half of the gaming fanbase won't know who he is.

blace
Jun 5, 2013, 11:50 PM
Ethan would be a cool rep for the more newer PS games, but thats just me. Its not so new that half of the gaming fanbase won't know who he is.
It'll most likely be someone from PSO/Ep. 3 or PSZero as those are the only games that were on their systems. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any other PS franchise appearing on Nintendo besides the ones I mentioned.

Rekku
Jun 6, 2013, 12:12 AM
It'll most likely be someone from PSO/Ep. 3 or PSZero as those are the only games that were on their systems. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any other PS franchise appearing on Nintendo besides the ones I mentioned.Other than Phantasy Star Collection for GBA (PSI, II, and III port) GameCube PSO and Zero were the only games on Nintendo consoles. I'm not sure how well known they were, but I do know that the series isn't in good standing internationally, so I would have to agree with OP that Phantasy Star needs a cameo to push it into the limelight. Even just Rappies would help.

gigawuts
Jun 6, 2013, 07:42 AM
I think rappies are your best bet, but only if something is in development for the 3ds or wii u.

You don't know the things I would do to get Phantasy Star Zero 2 on the wii u.

Terrible things. Monstrous things. Things worth locking a man up for, and assembling an international tribunal.

Retehi
Jun 6, 2013, 08:58 AM
Why would they use such a useless and forgetful character?

If they wanna relate to recent generations, and use something from a none-failed game:

http://www.primaryignition.com/wp-content/uploads/266px-Phantasy_Star_Online.png

Safe bet would just be the orange HUmar fella, or ASH. I think that caricature is more synonymous with Phantasy Star in the recent decade than anything else.

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 6, 2013, 09:14 AM
I think rappies are your best bet, but only if something is in development for the 3ds or wii u.

You don't know the things I would do to get Phantasy Star Zero 2 on the wii u.

Terrible things. Monstrous things. Things worth locking a man up for, and assembling an international tribunal.

Or any PSU/any Phatasy Star game on nintendo, Sonic and All stars Racing Transformed and Project X Zone were perfect times for Sega represent PS characters, they chose not to...Besides PSO2, I think they abandoned the series.

redroses
Jun 6, 2013, 09:16 AM
Ethan would be a horrible idea, he was just too boring and forgettable (all characters from PSU were in my opinion). Besides they would never put somebody from a Phantasy Star game into SSB, if they don't even put those characters into their own all star games.

If, (that is if 3rd party characters return and more come in) they would probably put another character from Sonic in. Especially with the whole Nintendo and Sonic partnership going on now.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 6, 2013, 09:40 AM
Rappies and Dark Falz are best representative of Phantasy Star, I mean they're in almost every game I think.

Technically, Rappies didn't make their first appearance until Phantasy Star 3. And even then they were called 'Chirpers'. The Rappy itself was a rare enemy in PS4.

Andf if I had my choice, it would be either nei or Rika. Closer to Nei the original Newman, in the technical sense.

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2013, 09:03 PM
Nei, definitely. I also considered Rika because her giant claw would be hilarious and awesome in a fight. Red Ring Rico would be fun too though. Her final smash could summon Dark Falz. As far as other PSO characters? Montague would be the most hilarious to see, by far. But, Ash, Kireek, or Sue would probably be the most recognizable NPCs.

As far as PSO2 characters coming in, that's no different than Lucas being a big 'fuck you, you'll never see this guy again' from Mother 3. If Nintendo can do it, Sega certainly can too.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2013, 09:22 PM
they don't even put those characters into their own all star games.

Yeah really, Phantasy Star really gets the short end of the shit stick in those games. it gets absolutely no recognition in any of SEGA's 'compilation' games, save for the Genesis Collection on those kinds of things. I wonder why SEGA almost completely ignores what is, in my opinion, one of their best and most interesting franchises?

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 7, 2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah really, Phantasy Star really gets the short end of the shit stick in those games. it gets absolutely no recognition in any of SEGA's 'compilation' games, save for the Genesis Collection on those kinds of things. I wonder why SEGA almost completely ignores what is, in my opinion, one of their best and most interesting franchises?

You got me on that one, this is the series(I only played the Universe/Portable series that made it to the U.S. so far, plan to play more soon.) that made me gain more respect for the company and they just shove it to the back of some closet to collect dust besides PSO2, Including a PS character in one of these all star games would be a good idea to get more people to know about there upcoming game and they had 2 chances, Sonic Racing and Project X Zone, their last chance seems to be Super Smash bros. If they don't, then they are missing out on the entire Phantasy Star fanbase(which is probibly bigger than Sonic's at this point). Sega, get yourself together.

Crysteon
Jun 7, 2013, 11:19 AM
A generic guy wearing a Rappy Suit has way better chances to appear compared to Ethan, seriously.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 11:58 AM
Ya'll don't even have reasons to hate ethan.

Ya'll like people that hate Justin Bieber but only heard like 5 seconds of one of his songs vaguely once.

Galil AR
Jun 7, 2013, 12:17 PM
Ya'll like people that hate Justin Bieber but only heard like 5 seconds of one of his songs vaguely once.

We don't really want to go deaf too early... Which is a legitimate reason under health circumstances, I believe.

On-topic: Alis.

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 7, 2013, 12:54 PM
A generic guy wearing a Rappy Suit has way better chances to appear compared to Ethan, seriously.

Ethan is the LEAD character of the newest Phantasy Star Timeline, PSO2 is still too new, I think Ethan has more of a chance than you realize.

Nintendo seems to bring in newer characters more than old.

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2013, 01:11 PM
Ya'll don't even have reasons to hate ethan.

I played episode 1 of PSU when it was the only episode available.

I have all the reason in the world.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 01:36 PM
I played episode 1 of PSU when it was the only episode available.

I have all the reason in the world to love him for all the wrong reasons like all the swag dudes do.

Agreed.

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2013, 02:23 PM
rock you've turned into a bag of dicks and it makes me feel bad because you used to be cool instead of going around being a turd

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 02:32 PM
rock you've turned into a bag of dicks and it makes me feel bad because you used to be cool instead of going around being a turd

There's that thing again, implying something about me has been a recent thing that I've been doing a lot, that you're only just now saying bugs you. Maybe you're just getting the wrong idea in your head and perceiving it as something else. I've only merely stopped taking my posts as seriously.

For example: I know u ain't trynna put me on blast in a 1 star rated thread about ethan waber when you have me on skype.

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2013, 02:36 PM
wat

5wats

Vashyron
Jun 7, 2013, 02:41 PM
then they are missing out on the entire Phantasy Star fanbase(which is probibly bigger than Sonic's at this point). Sega, get yourself together.

:wacko:

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 03:33 PM
Nope, that's it giga. It's over.

You were crazy.

We breakin' up.

Take you and yo dirtyass sneakers out the door.

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2013, 03:55 PM
uh

5uhs

redroses
Jun 7, 2013, 04:21 PM
Lagi, from Panzer Dragoon for SSB ;-;

Slightly off topic, I would really love to see Amaterasu in SSB as a third party character, that would be so awesome! Other 3rd/1st party characters I would like to still see, Travis Touchdown (<3), Bowser Jr, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Ridley and I forgot the rest.

Oh, and just because reasons, the Waterwraith from Pikmin :l

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 04:26 PM
+1 for travis

But No more mario characters D:

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2013, 04:28 PM
geno

5genos

edit: more seriously i'd play the fuck out of big bobomb

redroses
Jun 7, 2013, 04:33 PM
But No more mario characters D:

You broke my heart. *flies away on King Boo*

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 04:46 PM
You broke my heart. *flies away on King Boo*

I-I didn't mean it come back!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/357/7/e/anime_cry_by_ranafroggie-d35izs1.png

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 7, 2013, 06:56 PM
Another fanart Rock gf house thread. :nono:

But at least there was Final Destinethan. :yes: All this time our 'Yes' is blue too huh

PhantasyXenoblade
Jun 7, 2013, 11:40 PM
I would love to see Ethan, Shulk, Saki, and Travis fight. Beam sword battle!

BIG OLAF
Jun 7, 2013, 11:41 PM
wat

5wats

maybe even a

gigawat

:drakee:

BIG OLAF
Jun 8, 2013, 08:46 AM
Another fanart Rock gf house thread. :nono:

does that make you jealous

gigawuts
Jun 8, 2013, 08:48 AM
djeallous

the d is dsilent

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 11, 2013, 01:12 AM
does that make you jealous
Learn to ask a question, nub.

The answer is Ethan though. For any and every.

helel8012
Jun 11, 2013, 06:08 AM
Lol or it has a function to dl your own pso2 character into it. That would be sahwheat. But, I don't think nintendo would focus on sega tooo much and would probably add another sonic character. What i'd personally like to see is more FE characters like Lyn, Hector, or Jaffar.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 11, 2013, 09:21 AM
I would love to see Ethan, Shulk, Saki, and Travis fight. Beam sword battle!

I'm ok with Xenoblade, I've been imagining before how they could mix in Shulk, Fiora and Melia into this game (my main party). It could be pretty awesome. I wanna Mind Blast people out of the screen as Final Smash with Melia ;3