PDA

View Full Version : More patching?

darkm0d
Jun 5, 2013, 04:17 PM
Sorry if this was asked, I just checked a few pages and I'm sore of curious as to how it's not a thread yet.

I only recently started playing, so this is my first patch day. (well yesterday was).

Anyways, I let it patch this morning while I was at work. When I got home, I reapplied the story patch (I've heard you need to do that after every patch day) and I launched the game, only to get more patching.

I just wanted to know if this was normal?

Thanks!

darkm0d
Jun 5, 2013, 04:26 PM
The game most likely detected the Story mode patch, and patched over them.

You can launch it without filechecking by using my tweaker - http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

You know I sort of wondered if it was doing something like that. Blah. Glad the tweaker can disable that... I like launching through steam so people know what I'm up to, but I guess if it saves me this trouble I'll use the tweaker to launch.

darkm0d
Jun 5, 2013, 04:42 PM
What I mean to say is that when I launch it through steam I think it will try to override the story patch. I'm not really sure what's going on currently.

I'm launching it through the tweaker, but all I get is a lack screen and something is using a lot of bandwidth, so I'm assuming it's patching in the background or something. Not 100% positive.

Edit: I managed to blue screen, haha. I attempted to launch it again after I had to log out to get anything to work, then right as I launched it through the tweaker, bsod.

[SPOILER-BOX]crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dump_wmimmc.sys.sys (0xFFFFF88008CC0460)
Bugcheck code: 0xD4 (0xFFFFF88008CC0460, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002E8F730)
Error: SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_ UNLOAD
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver did not cancel pending operations before unloading.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: dump_wmimmc.sys.sys .
Google query: dump_wmimmc.sys.sys SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_ UNLOAD

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now I'm just letting the tweaker patch it normally, I'll post if it works after that's done.

Aslinng
Jun 5, 2013, 07:50 PM
Dunmo how you're managing your game but this what I do and it worked for me :
1) Download the game
2) Install it
3) Launch it so it will check and download more files.
4) Lauch it again to be 100% sure that it download everything
5) If it isn't done yet, download the english patch and the story patch
6) Install them (you can manually copy paste them into the win 32 file of the game or use Aida tweaker)
7) Launch game.

I advise you to not patch anything before the lauching the laucher at least once so it will check its files.
Why ? Because the game will replace the patched files everytime there will be a new content added.
So yes everytime time a new content is added to the game you will to patch everything again (that's what works for me)
You can use Aida english game installer, though I didn't tested it.

darkm0d
Jun 6, 2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah I finally got it. I'm not sure why things happened the way they did, it was just a combo of step's out of the correct order. It hopefully won't be an issue next patch day.