MegaMettaurX
Jun 6, 2013, 07:57 AM
Is this really the place english people play? It feels super scummy.^^;

Lullatone
Jun 6, 2013, 07:58 AM
where english people gather

Coatl
Jun 6, 2013, 07:59 AM
It's where most english-speaking players play. Now watch this thread derail about how scummy B20 is for five pages.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 6, 2013, 08:08 AM
I don't see how it would be "derailing" when part of the topic is already about how it's scummy. I generally hate being there, but I gravitate there because glorious english. When I'm playing with friends, I try to not go there.

darkm0d
Jun 6, 2013, 08:09 AM
It's where most english-speaking players play. Now watch this thread derail about how scummy B20 is for five pages.

Haha, yeah I find it funny how adverse everyones reactions are to B20. I mean, I have been playing the game under a week, and I just recently got into B20 and within seconds I was just like "Exactly as I expected".

I dunno if this is because I played PSU for a year and I mean, what a hilarious group of adolescents that was. In terms of all the communities I've seen, really, I don't know why everyone rag's on B20, at least it's a concentrated group of people who speak the same language as you. It's the internet -- people will act as they please, someone spamming ridiculous things shouldn't really ruin your day.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 6, 2013, 08:17 AM
Haha, yeah I find it funny how adverse everyones reactions are to B20. I mean, I have been playing the game under a week, and I just recently got into B20 and within seconds I was just like "Exactly as I expected".

I dunno if this is because I played PSU for a year and I mean, what a hilarious group of adolescents that was. In terms of all the communities I've seen, really, I don't know why everyone rag's on B20, at least it's a concentrated group of people who speak the same language as you. It's the internet -- people will act as they please, someone spamming ridiculous things shouldn't really ruin your day.

I dunno man. I used to play a little game called Mabinogi. Block 20 emulates my later experiences (at least with the community) there damn near verbatim, and I've played that game for like 4 or 5 years. Phantasy Star always seemed like a sophisticated series to me.

gravityvx
Jun 6, 2013, 08:20 AM
I dunno man. I used to play a little game called Mabinogi. Block 20 emulates my later experiences (at least with the community) there damn near verbatim, and I've played that game for like 4 or 5 years. Phantasy Star always seemed like a sophisticated series to me.

Say what now? Lol I take it you never played PSO on dreamcast, I will never forget those Symbol Arts or Terrorist X, just...yea.

HIT0SHI
Jun 6, 2013, 08:23 AM
Aside from doing Falz, i don't mind at all how B20 is, in fact i find it to be a blast!
From there i can easily find a team, do TACOs, Extreme Quests, Advance Quests and even join random parties to help out. In the lobby everyone is sociable and all so i dont see whats the issue aside from doing Falz and some occasional emoticons spamming.

darkm0d
Jun 6, 2013, 08:24 AM

Almost anything beat's TERA Online's community. That games Global Chat was pretty unthinkably insane.

I primarily play Final Fantasy (XI and XIV) Those are the most sophisticated communities I know.

Coatl
Jun 6, 2013, 08:25 AM
Phantasy Star always seemed like a sophisticated series to me.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/image/protest.jpg

HIT0SHI
Jun 6, 2013, 08:28 AM

hahahaha

MegaMettaurX
Jun 6, 2013, 08:42 AM

I never played psu online, unless you count phantasy star portable 2, and I played that before the preteens could afford it.

Punisher106
Jun 6, 2013, 08:43 AM
Oh god, floor 4 of the guardians colony. I found myself just sitting in the White Bitch lobby, myself, if I ever were in lobbies.

HIT0SHI
Jun 6, 2013, 08:46 AM
Floor 5 in the final months were even "worse" iirc

~Aya~
Jun 6, 2013, 08:53 AM
Dem rappy suits..... /shudder

Punisher106
Jun 6, 2013, 11:01 AM
Dem rappy suits..... /shudder

They looked so damn derpy, don't they? I like the ones in PSO2 way more.

Sinue_v2
Jun 6, 2013, 11:33 AM
Phantasy Star always seemed like a sophisticated series to me.

You... never played in the more populated blocks of Oberon, did you? It's been a shithole since day one. Oberon, Vega, 4th Floor, B20... nothing ever changes. I remember when 9/11 went down, the very day it happened, Oberon 1-1 was crammed with assholes spamming symbol chat animations of planes flying into buildings with the "Yahoo" sound effect and little pictures of guys smiling with a thumbs up.

Sophisticated. Yeah.

ShinMaruku
Jun 6, 2013, 11:34 AM
Is this really the place english people play? It feels super scummy.^^;

The human race is super scummy.

Z-0
Jun 6, 2013, 01:05 PM
The problem with B20 is that most people don't seem interested in actually playing the game. Whenever I'm there, the majority of people are just sat in the lobby, AFK'ing, dancing, talking about random stuff. The quest counter has a few games up, but not very many (unless it's an Emergency Quest), and playing with people on B20 can feel like pulling teeth sometimes.

There's times I've joined TACO groups just because I'm bored and feel like helping people out, except it feels like I'm doing the COs for them, not just helping them out. I don't expect people to take a game "seriously" or be anal about doing things the most efficient way, as I don't like telling people how to play a game, but I can't see how you wouldn't want to improve yourself just doing simple things.

On boards like 2ch (http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1370412327/), the Japanese are always discussing how they should approach their game, in order to maximise drops, EXP and meseta. If you join a random Japanese AQ, each player will have a good idea of what to do in x situation, and will play accordingly. It feels much better than playing with B20 because they'd rather just talk the entire way through and not put any focus on the game at all.

It's the same when playing with random TA groups on Block 24. The Japanese people try to get them done in a decent amount of time. They don't dash (well some do) or do anything particularly complicated like quadruple dash or -PRECISE POSITIONING-, but they try to kill as fast as they can so they can get on with their game.

Again, I'm not exactly calling anyone out for playing on B20, but many people prefer to play a game rather than a chat room, and this is why B20 seems "scummy". There's an overwhelming majority of people doing nothing, and finding a game (that's decent) can be pretty hard. I see people in lobby for a while spamming "2/4 x AQ" for a while, waiting for people to join.

HIT0SHI
Jun 6, 2013, 01:31 PM
Usually when I ask for any type for mission to do, I always get a full party in a matter of seconds or last about a minute max recruiting. Then again, that's just me and I also see anyone recruiting get their players pretty fast by the time im online. As for the (Chatting > Playing) I can agree to the extent of members not being a valuable asset sense I can see my teammates talking all the time and still pushing forward in the game.

blace
Jun 6, 2013, 01:48 PM
I gave up on block 20 for my CO's. I always ended up soloing to get them done or join up in a somewhat decent MPA on a different block.

For efficiency, play on different blocks. For the community, block 20.

Lostbob117
Jun 6, 2013, 01:58 PM
Aren't most english communities super scummy? I mean look at, psu en, block20 pso2, LoL, CoD, The whole xbox live en, The whole psn en, psow, etc.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2013, 04:13 PM
Aren't most english communities super scummy? I mean look at, psu en, block20 pso2, LoL, CoD, The whole xbox live en, The whole psn en, psow, etc.

Your age is really showing.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2013, 04:16 PM
Evilmag is literally 13 years old, yeah.

Lostbob117
Jun 6, 2013, 04:33 PM
Your age is really showing.

What do you mean?

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2013, 05:02 PM
I've always wondered what people's problems are with B20, but I guess I'm desensitized to scumbaggery. I always (and easily) ignore any negative people. I sort of just see right through them now. I expect low quality players on any game I play now, because that's the norm. Considering that, I'm able to get along with almost everyone in B20 just fine. It might not be as great as partying with a bunch of people I like, but it gets the job done, and I enjoy myself at the end of the day.

Of course, this is normally after tanking for 23 jerkwads in WoW, so it might just be comparatively enjoyable.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
snip

This pretty much sums it up.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2013, 05:44 PM
B20 isn't even that bad... everyone there is just boring and dead inside.

No one there is really that trolly or jerkish or anything... cept for a few rare people... that are just trying to overcompensate for not having a personality.

Gameplay there is another story though. Unknown variable. >_>;

UnLucky
Jun 6, 2013, 06:01 PM
It's about as bad as any free online community, really

Constant inane public chatter

But with images and soundbytes and no spam control

Also they still don't know how to fight Falz

ShinMaruku
Jun 6, 2013, 06:52 PM
People still going on about block 20? My issue with it is Sega needs a afk time out. That would clear out that place much faster and actually make it appealing.

Moocast
Jun 6, 2013, 08:17 PM
Oh, B20...

Honestly, I guess I understand the appeal of having an English block for new English speaking players, but it did always make me wonder why people always gathered there when there are plenty of other English players around the other blocks...

MegaMettaurX
Jun 6, 2013, 09:12 PM
Oh, B20...

Honestly, I guess I understand the appeal of having an English block for new English speaking players, but it did always make me wonder why people always gathered there when there are plenty of other English players around the other blocks...

I don't understand why everyone says to go there, when the majority of the people don't even play the game.

Coatl
Jun 6, 2013, 11:12 PM
I don't understand why everyone says to go there, when the majority of the people don't even play the game.

Truthfully it's probably the best place to head to when starting a brand new character. I had no problems with block 20 when running around in circles for hours in a multiparty was a thing, but now that advanced quests are here I'm almost always in those blocks.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 6, 2013, 11:17 PM
My issue with it is Sega needs a afk time out. That would clear out that place much faster and actually make it appealing.

this please

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 7, 2013, 01:35 AM
What do you mean?

I think he means your last comment is showing how immature you really are thus showing your age

Zipzo
Jun 7, 2013, 01:48 AM
I don't understand the B-20 stuff mostly because the only time there's a difference between being in b-20 or any other block is if you're in the lobby, or you're doing Falz.

Like, why complain about B-20, but go there every day and sit in the lobby for hours. You're kind of bringing the pain on yourself ("Yourself" being anyone that does this).

Lostbob117
Jun 7, 2013, 02:31 AM
I think he means your last comment is showing how immature you really are thus showing your age

Hm? All I'm doing is telling the truth. :l

Meji
Jun 7, 2013, 02:55 AM
Evilmag is literally 13 years old, yeah.Wait, you serious? Gee, he's much older than I thought.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 7, 2013, 03:22 AM
this please

2nded

supersonix9
Jun 7, 2013, 04:03 AM
On boards like 2ch (http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1370412327/)
Thanks for the link

EDIT: Actually some really helpful stuff on here lol

UnLucky
Jun 7, 2013, 04:53 AM
I don't understand the B-20 stuff mostly because the only time there's a difference between being in b-20 or any other block is if you're in the lobby, or you're doing Falz.

Like, why complain about B-20, but go there every day and sit in the lobby for hours. You're kind of bringing the pain on yourself ("Yourself" being anyone that does this).
Well, you can't choose which block you log onto, so unless you immediately Alt+F4 you'll occasionally be subjected to it against your will.

Also some people might be so desperate as to join B20 for an EQ since it's the only one hovering around 90% occupancy.

The MPA chatter is exactly the same as in the lobbies. Only this time it actually matters that they're not doing anything productive.

Vickie
Jun 7, 2013, 05:06 AM
Ship 2 Block 20 BABY!

Aquayoshi
Jun 7, 2013, 10:51 AM
I propose we all start calling it /b20/.

Symbol art makes it into a bastardized imageboard-lite/chatroom. It's not hard to see parallels with a certain *chan's random board...

I know exactly what you mean. Hilarious lulzy drama abounded in Alexina. Dunbarton Channel 1 was JUST like /b20/, except way more crowded and lacking the symbol art. Oh god, if Mabi had symbol art... *shudderswith perverse excitement*

Even though I think Nexon should go die in a fire, I loved Mabi, and had some good times on there. I plan on going back... someday. *chronic procrastinator* If you played on Alexina and ever saw a pink-haired elf named Kiera563, that was me. :P I wish I'd named her Kiera_Scarlet instead... u_u

Gama
Jun 7, 2013, 11:07 AM
lately ive been avoiding b20, i only go there for tacos. some symbol art is quite... disturbing.

Aquayoshi
Jun 7, 2013, 11:30 AM
lately ive been avoiding b20, i only go there for tacos. some symbol art is quite... disturbing.

I laugh instead of getting annoyed/creeped out. It's probably because I sometimes frequent the shadier corners of the internet; I can appreciate troll humor, have thick skin, and plenty of brain bleach. Maybe I'm just easily-amused and hard to offend.

That's why I don't really mind block 20 that much. /b20/ antics amuse me much more than they annoy me, though the parties there are some of the worst I've played in. xD

Coatl
Jun 7, 2013, 11:40 AM
If I say /b20/ enough times can I make it a fad?

Actually some really helpful stuff on here lol

Sure. You just have to be able to read it. :s

Zenobia
Jun 7, 2013, 02:36 PM
It's about as bad as any free online community, really

Constant inane public chatter

But with images and soundbytes and no spam control

Also they still don't know how to fight Falz

Disagree with you on the THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIGHT FALZ PART VH I've yet to fail not breaking all the arms B20 VH mode they have been stepped up there game on Falz Elder fighting. You might not play there anymore but I would suggest you at least go see before you post this goes for others as well. You guys blow it so out of proportion that you make B20 actually look good LOL.

Also Z-0's post pretty much sums it up.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 02:39 PM
If I log in right now, and go to B20, and I don't see dick symbol art spammers. I'm gonna get at all ya'll.

edit: just got back from B20.

Quiet like nap time.

Ya all ignant.

Lostbob117
Jun 7, 2013, 04:03 PM
If I log in right now, and go to B20, and I don't see dick symbol art spammers. I'm gonna get at all ya'll.

edit: just got back from B20.

Quiet like nap time.

Ya all ignant.

Try playing a Falz thing there, they'll just try to kill it as fast as possible from what I'm hearing from these people above.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 7, 2013, 04:26 PM
I propose we all start calling it /b20/.

Symbol art makes it into a bastardized imageboard-lite/chatroom. It's not hard to see parallels with a certain *chan's random board...

I know exactly what you mean. Hilarious lulzy drama abounded in Alexina. Dunbarton Channel 1 was JUST like /b20/, except way more crowded and lacking the symbol art. Oh god, if Mabi had symbol art... *shudderswith perverse excitement*

Even though I think Nexon should go die in a fire, I loved Mabi, and had some good times on there. I plan on going back... someday. *chronic procrastinator* If you played on Alexina and ever saw a pink-haired elf named Kiera563, that was me. :P I wish I'd named her Kiera_Scarlet instead... u_u

Mabinogi actually has symbol arts (in a way, it's actually a drawing pad). We never got it in NA, because Nexon isn't that supid. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaoNmge3aQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaoNmge3aQ

Edit: I don't really plan on going back to Mabi at all. They keep ruining the game for me by constantly releasing events that get you to level 60+ without even doing anything. That's basically how I've been leveling my character for the past year and a half.

Also, I played on Ruairi.

Zenobia
Jun 7, 2013, 05:01 PM
Try playing a Falz thing there, they'll just try to kill it as fast as possible from what I'm hearing from these people above.

No that's the Falz arms Flaz elder is a different story so you heard wrong from w/e person above lol.

Lostbob117
Jun 7, 2013, 05:11 PM
No that's the Falz arms Flaz elder is a different story so you heard wrong from w/e person above lol.

I meant Falz Elder as Falz Thing. I don't know why I said from these people above sinec I barely read what you guys were saying. All I saw was "Falz Elder" and "block20" and I remembered hearing about B20 people just trying to kill him fast as possible.

Zenobia
Jun 7, 2013, 06:03 PM
I meant Falz Elder as Falz Thing. I don't know why I said from these people above sinec I barely read what you guys were saying. All I saw was "Falz Elder" and "block20" and I remembered hearing about B20 people just trying to kill him fast as possible.

Yeah that killing him as fast as possible pertains to the arms that even goes for B20 I've yet to fail on breaking all his arms on Elder though.

Aquayoshi
Jun 8, 2013, 12:36 AM
If I say /b20/ enough times can I make it a fad?

Forced memes are lame, and people who try to force them are horrible and they should feel horrible.
Yes, this is intentional hypocritical humor. I'm a horrible person. ;_;

MegaMettaurX
Jun 8, 2013, 12:57 AM
Forced memes are lame, and people who try to force them are horrible and they should feel horrible.
Yes, this is intentional hypocritical humor. I'm a horrible person. ;_;

just about every meme is forced. Look at the millhouse meme. That's a forced forced meme.