PDA

View Full Version : Subclasses

Niris
Jun 6, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning PSO world! So yesterday during my first day of adventure I came across the term subclass which is not something I am familiar with from past games.

I thought as a hunter I would be able to just slap on Resta and Foie and just start blowing shit up and healing my way to victory. Not to be the case apparently. What comes into play now is which subclass do I want to go with. I wouldn't mind using a bit of magic but at the same time I don't want to feel like I am swinging around a giant soggy noodle and doing no damage. That being said is there a hunter subclass guide out there that some one may be able to link or explain alittle more in detail? Thanks! :nerd:

darkm0d
Jun 6, 2013, 09:10 AM
I'm personally not sure how hunters and rangers keep themselves healed. It seems unusually hard. Must they resort to healing potions?

As a force I never have to worry about it, but even last night I tried to do forest exploration with my gf, when there were 2 rock golems at the end + like, 10 mob's it was a tad bit too much to deal with with no actual healer, so personally I am not sure how to get around that.

To be more specific to what you asked, most DPs sub (at level 20) a class that's relevant to them. Usually your advanced job. Hunter / Fighter. Ranger / Gunner, Force / Techer.

At least, I think that's what most people do.

Calsetes
Jun 6, 2013, 09:44 AM
My level 30 Hunter subs something like a level 13 Force. Having Resta comes in handy, both to keep me healed up and my NPC partners. On my level 28 Ranger, I use Hunter, which is level... 10 or something? I have enough points to get Fury Stance, at least, which comes in handy. She's designed to do damage, period - between those Weak Spot damage increasers, Weak Bullet, and Fury Stance, she can do some fairly solid damage.

Lebensohl
Jun 6, 2013, 10:32 AM
I don't want to feel like I am swinging around a giant soggy noodle and doing no damage.

Subclasses are used to provide access to an entire skill tree as well as photon arts of that class (though you will not be able to equip weapons of that class unless they are all class weapons). In addition you receive 25% of the base stats of the class.

Hunter/Fighter (or Fighter/Hunter) is the go to standard melee subclass. Picking something else will severely hinder your melee damage. If you are concerned about your health there are many options available to you including: dodging, killing the enemy before it kills you, and using a potion.

For builds check out the official build thread in the guides session

Niris
Jun 6, 2013, 11:40 AM
Subclasses are used to provide access to an entire skill tree as well as photon arts of that class (though you will not be able to equip weapons of that class unless they are all class weapons). In addition you receive 25% of the base stats of the class.

Hunter/Fighter (or Fighter/Hunter) is the go to standard melee subclass. Picking something else will severely hinder your melee damage. If you are concerned about your health there are many options available to you including: dodging, killing the enemy before it kills you, and using a potion.

For builds check out the official build thread in the guides session Thank you. I do notice it is alot easier to stay alive if you know what you are doing. I was under the impression that you would have to depend on heals alot more like in PSO1 but completely new game I guess. Im just gonna stick with potions and dodging.

Courina
Jun 6, 2013, 01:10 PM
pretty much subclassing tech class (force or Techer) make you able to use tech and give back the impression of non-cast pso1, you able to use support tech while stay swinging sword / shooting with rifle, also useful for saving potion expense.