PDA

View Full Version : No PSO2 at E3

HandOfThornz
Jun 6, 2013, 06:19 PM
Finally some more news.

Google translate is not the best but looks like PSO 2 is not going to be displayed at E3 :(
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/06/130607a.html
but PSO2 western server is to be released in 2013 :)
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/07/120710b.html

There are a few more other western server posts as well check out the latest main news feed:
http://www.g-heaven.net/

For those that can read Japanese can someone confirm the details?

Maronji
Jun 6, 2013, 06:36 PM
There seems to be all sorts of interesting stuff over there.

But man, that second article seems a little disheartening, as at the moment, it seems to hint toward us not getting the Vita version (or further highlighting the fact that it hasn't been announced for us yet).

The biggest question, however, is why that blog even has articles relating to the western servers on it at all. I mean, on the scale of "totally ordinary" to "not on your life", this seems pretty unusual, at least to me, anyway.

UnLucky
Jun 6, 2013, 06:37 PM
That second article... is from last year.

The 2013 release date was delayed indefinitely.

Maronji
Jun 6, 2013, 06:39 PM

*facedesk* I just got up three hours ago, and I already feel like I need to go back to bed. It's late afternoon/early evening (I'm a night owl).

HandOfThornz
Jun 6, 2013, 06:55 PM

The 2013 release date was delayed indefinitely.

Apologies, I didn't look at the date of that one. Just assumed it was latest news as second on the latest news list.
Do any of the latest posts suggest the game is still coming 2013?

Mystil
Jun 6, 2013, 07:00 PM
There isn't. US got fucked over again, and this time, it involves not even getting the game haha.

HandOfThornz
Jun 6, 2013, 07:05 PM
Bah! that sucks. Well the next threads will be "Pax Prime 2013 PSO2 info?", lol.

I did notice a few weeks ago SEGA are looking for a director of free to play games. Maybe this is why PSO2 still isn't out in the west yet. SOA aren't sure how best to market it?
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/jobs/sega-europe/london/south-east/england/uk-and-europe/director-of-free2play-id61542

Mike
Jun 6, 2013, 07:12 PM
I've taken the liberty of changing the title to something that more accurately represents the newest Shogai post. That was a thread title that could get people's hopes up only to let them down.

UnLucky
Jun 6, 2013, 07:13 PM
No, all the official word is that they can't meet their original release window of early 2013.

I think that first article is only speculating we might hear of further progress at this E3. They weren't at PAX East...

HandOfThornz
Jun 6, 2013, 07:14 PM
Good call, thanks :)

pso2love
Jun 6, 2013, 09:41 PM
Be patient and wait till E3. Lord knows I'll quit waiting for this game alltogether if PSO2West doesn't have any new updates till then.

Blundy
Jun 6, 2013, 11:02 PM
at this point i doubt i'd even be interested in being an entire episode behind...

Tonkatsu
Jun 7, 2013, 03:16 AM
Can you hear the fans dropping off, SEGA? I know it sounded like a good idea- but we don't want to play a game that's two years old so that by the time it catches up with the Japanese servers, you take them down anyway! This game has serious potential and it should have been ready when it was released in Japan... an abbreviated version isn't even ready a year later and seems like there's no end in sight! This is serious Diablo 3 blue balls right here. God I hope they give us some good news this summer. I like the Japanese version but I would give my left nut be able to play freely, buy AC, and know what the hell I'm getting when I pick up an item.

Macman
Jun 7, 2013, 06:19 AM
Sega's not reading this, Tonkatsu.

Also PSO2 International is pretty much vaporware, now.

darkm0d
Jun 7, 2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah I wish there was more transparency when it comes to things like this.

Why there is no NA/Western PR rep with as much as a twitter giving basic updated as to why it's delayed or anything of the nature will not hurt the image of the game in any way.

There are so many situations where everything is so secretive for no good reason when it comes to stuff like this. I mean, all we seem to know is "It was going to come early 2013, then it got delayed but they're aiming for a 2013 release".

Ok, who is aiming? What team is working on it? Why don't they have a dev blog? It's a pretty standard courtesy lately. Does it really take you that much effort to write up 3 paragraphs a week giving your fans something to get excited about? Tell their friends about? Plan about?

It's such silly marketing to just hide your entire project from the fan's.

Zipzo
Jun 7, 2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah I wish there was more transparency when it comes to things like this.

Why there is no NA/Western PR rep with as much as a twitter giving basic updated as to why it's delayed or anything of the nature will not hurt the image of the game in any way.

There are so many situations where everything is so secretive for no good reason when it comes to stuff like this. I mean, all we seem to know is "It was going to come early 2013, then it got delayed but they're aiming for a 2013 release".

Ok, who is aiming? What team is working on it? Why don't they have a dev blog? It's a pretty standard courtesy lately. Does it really take you that much effort to write up 3 paragraphs a week giving your fans something to get excited about? Tell their friends about? Plan about?

It's such silly marketing to just hide your entire project from the fan's.
More like a lack of marketing, heh.

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2013, 08:50 AM
Can anyone ever recall seeing a phantasy star TV commercial? Ever? Of any kind? For even one game? Even the original games?

Because I sure as hell can't. I'm sure there was at least one, at some point in time, but I can't for the life of me remember it. I can remember essentially every video game series that comes to mind having a commercial, but never PS. Ever.

I know there have been trailers, and I've seen alleged commercials on youtube - but never on actual TV.

UnLucky
Jun 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
I know there was a PSO billboard in Sonic Adventure 2, but that came out after!

darkm0d
Jun 7, 2013, 09:02 AM
More like a lack of marketing, heh.

That's what burns me. I don't expect some huge campaign, that costs money and all that. I just want a damn blog. There are a lot of games I'm waiting on and they all have blogs or other little tidbit info sources. I don't think there is any excuse to not having someone at least let us know what is going on. I've known about this game for year's, and only just was like "might as well get the JP version to kill some time" and it's like, wow with all these mod's its come a long way, how could there possibly be no EN version yet?

Punisher106
Jun 7, 2013, 09:54 AM
Guys, 7 words.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS A PHANTASY STAR?"

TaigaUC
Jun 7, 2013, 10:01 AM
The primary advantage of pay to play here being that we don't have to buy the international version of the game before discovering there isn't even an international server for us to play on.

Anon_Fire
Jun 7, 2013, 10:28 AM
Can anyone ever recall seeing a phantasy star TV commercial? Ever? Of any kind? For even one game? Even the original games?

Because I sure as hell can't. I'm sure there was at least one, at some point in time, but I can't for the life of me remember it. I can remember essentially every video game series that comes to mind having a commercial, but never PS. Ever.

I know there have been trailers, and I've seen alleged commercials on youtube - but never on actual TV.

I've never seen commercials of PSU: AOTI, so no. There haven't been any Western Phantasy Star TV Ads, not even for Phantasy Star Zero.

pso2love
Jun 7, 2013, 11:22 AM
I've never seen commercials of PSU: AOTI, so no. There haven't been any Western Phantasy Star TV Ads, not even for Phantasy Star Zero.
Well there has been one, and I've shared it many times before. Even though this one looks like it's from Japan, this very same commercial aired on TV in the USA back in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72LDkQRSXI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72LDkQRSXI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back On Topic,
blogs.sega.com/2013/06/07/sega-showcases-highly-anticipated-titles-at-e3-2013/

Ladies and gentlemen, Prepare the tomatoes, bring out the big guns.... There is no PSO2West at E3 2013. >.<

*gets out of the way for all the rage fits about to happen*

MoonlightMyau
Jun 7, 2013, 11:33 AM

There were PSU adverts on television here in the UK. In quite heavy rotation actually.

There were also ads for PSP2 - less heavy in rotation but they were there.

Aquayoshi
Jun 7, 2013, 11:38 AM
I rarely see TV ads for video games in general. Then again, I rarely watch TV, and even then I really only watch History (when they're showing something actually history-related, which is sadly all too uncommon these days), Discovery (kinda the same boat as History channel, I really only watch Mythbusters if it's on), the morning news, and maybe some mindless police drama shows when they're on. None of those channels really have video game ads on them... ^^;

Tonkatsu
Jun 7, 2013, 11:50 AM
Sega's not reading this, Tonkatsu.

Also PSO2 International is pretty much vaporware, now.
Rhetorical question but thanks for trying to make me feel stupid, anyway. Always appreciated.

Hosaka
Jun 7, 2013, 12:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5XNo4dz.png