PDA

View Full Version : Whats the lowest possible settings I can put pso2 on?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2013, 01:01 AM
The current laptop I use just can't handle pso2 for some reason (it did for awhile but idk) so it tends over heat pretty often. I do have a fan for it which still isn't enough I guess. Most cases : too much stuff is going on the screen (MPA's for EQ's and fields for example) or lobbies with lots of people (usually a full block)etc

Gonna type off my current settings that I have PSO2 set to going from left to right 1-6:
Pg1-Game setting: 1
Pg2-Language: Default/ do not play videos on the giant monitors (not sure if this helps)
Pg3-Window display mode, SS: 800x600, Framerate 30, Size of character: Default
Pg4-Texture Resolution: Compressed, Shader Quality: simple
Pg5-All Default
Pg6-Doesn't need to be messed with

Any suggestions? or is this the lowest I can go anyways? I thought about using Razer Game Booster but I'm not sure if it would help or if Gameguard would try to flag it as some kind of "malicious" program. figured adding more RAM could help but I'm thinking about a new CPU instead =/ I appreciate the input

Sandmind
Jun 7, 2013, 01:19 AM
Try playing around with the ingame options setting (video/display), there is a lot more control in there than with the launcher.

For example, since my sister got a weaker computer, I set by default to only load 15 characters at a time on screen, plenty enough during actual gameplay, without murdering her laptop in a populated block (iirc, she play on launcher's setting number 3 just fine).

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2013, 01:24 AM
Try playing around with the ingame options setting (video/display), there is a lot more control in there than with the launcher.

For example, since my sister got a weaker computer, I set by default to only load 15 characters at a time on screen, plenty enough during actual gameplay, without murdering her laptop in a populated block (iirc, she play on launcher's setting number 3 just fine).

I'll give that a try right now but since I don't use the patch I'm hoping I put the setting's right, thanks

Lostbob117
Jun 7, 2013, 03:05 AM
In your graphics card control panel, did you set your stuff to the best performance and worst quality?

Coatl
Jun 7, 2013, 12:00 PM
Try setting your desktop background to classic and it should enhance performance just a smudge.

The lowest possible setting? English.

dohohohohohoho~

Oh yew.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2013, 03:04 PM
Try setting your desktop background to classic and it should enhance performance just a smudge.

I'll try this out and see if it helps

In your graphics card control panel, did you set your stuff to the best performance and worst quality?
Well its Nvidia and I have my setting preference set max to Highest instead of Quality but I recently put it back to Let the 3D application decide, should I switch it back?

The lowest possible setting? English.

dohohohohohoho~
english patch? uhh no, dont need it that badly like everyone else if thats what your referring to.

As for Sandminds advice, I lowered mine to 10 people on the screen, helped a tiny bit but after about idk 20mins in it started to overheat but there really isn't a lot I can edit in the in-game options, since I dont have the shaders on, it's grayed out so most settings were already set to it's lowest so I couldn't really do much =/

jooozek
Jun 7, 2013, 03:10 PM
your laptop will overheat always, no matter how much you lower the resolution/graphic settings
dust it out already

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2013, 03:27 PM
your laptop will overheat always, no matter how much you lower the resolution/graphic settings
dust it out already

I keep it dust free as much as I can, it was the first thing I did too when it started to over heat pretty often, unfortunately this laptop isnt easy to open without "prying" it open which of course I dont want to do with the risk of breaking it

Aeris
Jun 7, 2013, 04:24 PM
Pretty much you need to take out your whole heatsink and clean it out from the inside where the fan sits in if you can remove it that is since dust mostly gathers up in that area and compressed air won't help from the outside since i tried that on my laptop, repaste your chips with new thermal paste or pads, since you're scared of breaking something, best to get someone who knows what they are doing and let them do it for you or last resort, the computer tech shop.

Lostbob117
Jun 7, 2013, 07:56 PM
Well its Nvidia and I have my setting preference set max to Highest instead of Quality but I recently put it back to Let the 3D application decide, should I switch it back?
You want to go to the slider thing and set it on performance which will make edges jagged but make the game run better. Also are you using windows XP? I think you said you were in game before.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2013, 08:51 PM
You want to go to the slider thing and set it on performance which will make edges jagged but make the game run better. Also are you using windows XP? I think you said you were in game before.

no using 7 and the bar was and still is at max instead of quality but im asking should i just switch it back instead? trying to get this thing to stop over heating so much but i might have to just bare with it

Lostbob117
Jun 7, 2013, 09:26 PM
no using 7 and the bar was and still is at max instead of quality but im asking should i just switch it back instead? trying to get this thing to stop over heating so much but i might have to just bare with it

Leave it at max preformance. Simply you might have to wait till you can upgrade. :<