PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Umbra The Impossible

Meyfei
Jun 7, 2013, 01:55 AM
Half-assed fun inside.
[spoiler-box]
Prologue-
So you're taking a casual stroll through the enchanted forest of Naberius when suddenly your scouter(the one that got cracked from over using a certain meme) goes off with an emergancy alert from Koffie stating that some rainforest is underattack, So you act like any underpayed Arks does and hang up on her mid-sentence and run to your mission!

The Mission-
You do your patented Swan-dive-drop-kick into the launch-pool and enter the Emergancy Zone. After rushing past the hostiles in the first area, leaving them to their slaughter fest of the natives, you attempt to meet up with your fellow arks comrades, however you find they're a mess. Running in mixed patterns, not working as a team and weak-shooting appropriate area's or over-shooting someone else's properly aimed Weak-bullt. You take it upon you, and your 12 years experience, to turn these wannabe's into real Underpayed Arks members. After 17mins they make no progress, and somehow managed to piss Umbra off 15 times in a row. You decide it isn't worth it anymore and call for backup.

The Backup-
You rush to the hidden section of the AEATA(Arks Employment Assistance Training Association ) forums and sneak onto PSO-world.com to ask your fellow arks-
[/spoiler-box]

How do you tell people who wont even revive you, NOT to attack UMBRA on hard~ >w>

Mekhana
Jun 7, 2013, 02:00 AM
What block was this?

EvilMag
Jun 7, 2013, 02:01 AM
When Wind and rain was up eariler I ran into Umbra in A1 in 2 runs. Failed one because the server decided to take a shit and lag so I tried killing the fish that tried to attack him but he wouldn't die cause of the lag. x.x 2nd time decided to spawn him around fish and gu wondas and FAILURE.

Also Umbra doesn't drop his rod on hard so its not even worth doing his code. Even the exp isn't worth it IMO.

Meyfei
Jun 7, 2013, 02:06 AM
Oh i'm still trying to get that event quest done for that item. He spawned for me in A1, same situation- Darker interference.

A couple times in MPA- he got attacked. Really unable to communicate with some of the people lol. I wonder if it'll be hard to get a pso-w MPA started next rainy eq?

The block was in B4, Basically it's the B7 for Hard mode-players if you will. And that was a story- no one got 15 umbra's in one go that i know of and i'd be sad for them if they did and they all got attacked...

Anyway 4am, i need to get back to sleep, ciao~ i'll check back tomorrow :D

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 02:09 AM
I love it when people troll attack umbra on purpose...

Gives me a chance to use a new curse-word/think up a new insult.

Also yeah as terrible as people say B20 is... the hard and easy blocks filled with new players/casual JP players/casual anything(yes JP players can be horrible too they do not get a pedestal to stand on) players/not-give-shit-players-that-don't-level can either be decent... or the worse thing ever...

strikerhunter
Jun 7, 2013, 02:38 AM
How do you tell people who wont even revive you, NOT to attack UMBRA on hard~ >w>

It's really hard, in fact it is in the very same situation with:

"Everyone don't attack Falz's lower arms." -30sec later, you find some idiot who doesn't understand English but speaks it Over Ending non-stop on the lower arms-

In VH I had yet to see anyone hit Umbrella, even on B20 and B5.
In H is another story since you are dealing with more newbies who does not understand the simplest advice if it is not the experienced players leveling up their subs.

I rather have Umbrella troll me than have someone else troll attack him on any mode.

UnLucky
Jun 7, 2013, 02:52 AM
People group for Normal? :V

Yeah, that 30-40 stretch requires MPA grinding to get anywhere, and anything more than "see move kill" is a challenge for some.

Hopefully people will learn. If not, I'm glad Hard Falz isn't worth doing, and the experience in VH is crap for low level ranges.

TaigaUC
Jun 7, 2013, 09:57 AM
I see Umbra maybe once in 3 EQ events, if I'm lucky. They weren't joking when they said they increased his appearance rate (by 0.0001%, I bet).
Still haven't seen the parallel teleporter even once. Probably cleared the EQ maybe 100-150+ times now.

Can't wait to experience the epic group fail when Super Falz rears his ugly head.

Crysteon
Jun 7, 2013, 11:08 AM
Does Umbra even dare to spawn at B20? I can imagine a dreadful situation where he randomly descends and 12 people gather around him, pointing at him with a charged Assault Buster, while wearing trollface masks.

My condolences to Ms. Umbra ;_;

ShinMaruku
Jun 7, 2013, 12:44 PM
Does Umbra even dare to spawn at B20? I can imagine a dreadful situation where he randomly descends and 12 people gather around him, pointing at him with a charged Assault Buster, while wearing trollface masks.

I got a ubra stick off block 20. :P

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 7, 2013, 01:16 PM
Does Umbra even dare to spawn at B20?
That's where my encounter with him happened

Zenobia
Jun 7, 2013, 02:22 PM

Do ppl always think b20 when it comes down to these situations?

On VH in b20 I haven't seen anyone dare hit him and if he was hit it was an enemy straight up. Some srs hate LOL.

Btw b20 is where all 10 of my umbra sticks came from so yeah hate it<3

Gonna be real honest here even on other blocks you still have majority on other difficulties who can't do Fal Elder or even do AQ's right and know about exit burst this goes for SOME jp's as well. All of this doesn't just pertain to one block being B20.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2013, 02:27 PM
Do ppl always think b20 when it comes down to these situations?

B20 is one of those things that people will think will make them cool if they talk shit about it.

Zenobia
Jun 7, 2013, 02:40 PM
B20 is one of those things that people will think will make them cool if they talk shit about it.

Its dumb there head is stuck in the past and there heads stuck in there asses. it's an honor when they talk about B20 still being the same in SOME cases, it's like not knowing shit from sugar.

Z-0
Jun 7, 2013, 02:41 PM
I dunno, I've never met a Japanese person who doesn't know about exit bursts, but the Japanese organise games by setting criteria in their description and putting their game up at the counter, instead of inviting by shouting out games, since people actually check the counter for games instead of idling in the middle of the lobby, waiting for people to shout out games before they play.

jooozek
Jun 7, 2013, 02:52 PM
gee man i wonder why b-20 gets such shit rep :-( (http://sadpanda.us/images/1653213-ZA130FR.png)

Meyfei
Jun 7, 2013, 03:07 PM
Reason i don't bother with B20 currently is not because of some double-sided-mirror of hearsay and facts, rather it's because by the time i find a full Hard mode group B4 is going to be full(ofnoobs). And i'm stuck kissing the asses of afk people or those who are "Too good for hard mode" because "It isn't worth it".

;o; cut the weak-of-level some slack bros!

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2013, 03:08 PM
Can't to hear people crying when people hit him on purpose on all difficulties just to be funny on the US/EU version