PDA

View Full Version : Ship 9 and Questions.

smilinreap
Jun 8, 2013, 02:00 PM
Hi I am a new player who looks forward to getting in to the game. I chose ship 9 because I always choose the second to the last server/world. I will be playing a lot and enjoy grinding. If you wish to play with me and maybe form a guild/clan if this game has that feature make sure to message me in game. My ingame names will be smilinreap, geophantom, smilinreaper. I do not understand Japanese but have played phantasy star a lot as I grew up.

Questions:
1. Does the cash shop hold anything significant in this game (I would rather not cash until the NA version comes out so I can decide if I want to swap or not).

2. A lot if item names and descriptions are i Japanese still after doing the small, large, story patches. Is this how it is for everyone?

3. Are any classes/races underpower/overpowered or underplayed/overplayed?

Those are the only Q's I have atm, but if you have some pointers feel free to list them.

GreenArcher
Jun 8, 2013, 02:18 PM
1. The main necessity from the cash shop is a 30 day shop pass or 30 day premium set. If you are going to play a lot, not having a shop will significantly hinder you. These are 700 AC / 30 days, which comes out to about $11. Premium is 1300 AC / 30 days, which comes out to about $20. Premium gives you access to your shop, your room, premium storage (extra 300 space storage above the normal 200), the ability to gain 10* purchasing passes, trading with other premium users, increased client order capacity (40 instead of 20), increased symbol art capacity (40 instead of 10), increased FUN points, the ability to enter full blocks if there is premium space open, and sometimes increased sub effects from medical drinks. Premium is nice to have if you can spare the money, though just a shop pass is fine as well. Other exclusive things in the cash shop are extra mags (300AC) and extra skill trees (500AC).

2. This is how it is for everyone.

3. Mainstream combinations are:
Melee- Hu/Fi or Fi/Hu
Ranged- Ra/Hu or Gu/Ra
Tech- Fo/Te or Fo/Fi

smilinreap
Jun 8, 2013, 02:29 PM
Ty for the help. When you say it costs extra for skill trees, does that mean we can use more than one if we pay, or do we start off having access to two?

Another Q: Im lv 3 and it will not let me go back into the docks (Area you drop into the questing zones).

2: Does the ship have a mini map I can access? So I know where it wants me to go.

Ignore Q1 I figured it out.

GreenArcher
Jun 8, 2013, 02:35 PM
Extra skill trees as in alternative. You start with one skill tree for every class. Say you played Force and wanted an extra skill tree. You could have one skill tree focused on fire, and another focused on lightning, with the possibility to switch between the two depending on what area you go to.

On the sides there are NPCs to select a mission. Once you select a mission you can go to the campship.

smilinreap
Jun 8, 2013, 02:38 PM
Do you get extra skill points for side trees (like each tree has its own points, or do you have to spread them o.o?

blace
Jun 8, 2013, 03:00 PM
You get 1 SP per level for the class and 5 for Client Orders(COs) at levels 30, 45 and maybe 60(not sure on that).

You have to unlock up to a certain part of the tree before you can invest points into skills in that section.

GreenArcher
Jun 8, 2013, 03:02 PM
Each tree has its own points, they're independent.

smilinreap
Jun 8, 2013, 04:01 PM
What uses does fun have besides scratch cards?

smilinreap
Jun 9, 2013, 02:31 AM
Does anyone play on ship 9 (that speaks english?)

ashley50
Jun 9, 2013, 02:54 AM
Ship 2

moeri
Jun 9, 2013, 03:00 AM

I just transfered ships because there was no one on ship 9 that speaks english. Ship 9 is a wasteland in general though... not that many people on (atleast during US times)

I would really suggest going to ship 2 if you want to participate in multi-parties, or have a half decent chance at forming parties in general.

Once you hit ~30-40 the difficulty of forming a party is really going to hit you. Without the ability to form parties the exp is going to be atrocious. For example... I can form a multi-party during an emergency quest on ship 2 and at least once I will level up. On ship 9 it might take me all day if not multiple days to level up once.

Also, unless you are up during japanese times you might even go into a emergency quest and have to solo it.

So yeah, move to ship 2, Just my suggestion though

XbikXBd
Jun 9, 2013, 03:30 AM

yes i do lol PM me so we can meet lol and im a team leader so you can join my team and help you level.

zegun~kun
Jun 9, 2013, 03:36 AM
im in ship9, looks like im in the wasteland and got no one else to play with huh?
welp, my team Royal Infinitum is one of the largest international team in ship9, though im in Indonesia, we do have some active US players in team..

feel free to contact me @ Sysiphus , team leader Edenium, or some of the most active US players Takemikazuchi, Liete, or simak00 ...

snowiewind
Jun 9, 2013, 03:45 AM
im currently visiting ship 2 as well XD

suzaku0zero0
Jun 9, 2013, 06:49 AM
im in ship9, looks like im in the wasteland and got no one else to play with huh?
welp, my team Royal Infinitum is one of the largest international team in ship9, though im in Indonesia, we do have some active US players in team..

feel free to contact me @ Sysiphus , team leader Edenium, or some of the most active US players Takemikazuchi, Liete, or simak00 ...

O_o so that who u are... Creepy

zegun~kun
Jun 9, 2013, 07:23 AM
oh shut it you half naked giraffe neck ghey angel