PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 es (android) beta resgistration opened

Nuja
Jun 9, 2013, 04:56 AM
Hi,

Just found out that the registration is ON.

http://pso2es.jp/cbt/about/
(there is a check box and a green button at the end when navigating with a phone or computer browser simulating a phone)

Source bumped:

Phantasy Star Online 2 es is currently taking applications for players to participate in a closed beta test. Players can sign up on their Android 2.3+ smartphones at the official site until July 16th, 14:00 JST. Players who participate in the beta test and reach level 20 in any class will receive several parting gifts for their time. Though no release date has been announced as of yet, PSO2 es is expected to launch sometime by the end of this year.
Phantasy Star Online 2 es Closed Beta Test Details

Recruitment Period
June 9th ~ July 16th

# of Participants
50,000 Participants

Closed Beta Date
Sometime in Summer

Application Requirements
Must be a current PSO2 player
Must own a Android 2.3+ smartphone

Recommended Smartphones
Xperia acro(SO-02C/IS11S)
Xperia acro HD(SO-03D/IS12S)
Xperia GX (SO-04D)
Xperia SX (SO-05D)
GALAXY S II(SC-03D)
GALAXY S III(SC-06D)

Winner Announcements
Winners will be announced by email.

Parting Gifts
Players with a character who reaches level 20 in any class will receive Sato Cap, Triboost+50%, FUN 500 Ticket.

You need to register with your phone but to make it easy just install a plugin to spoof the agent user of an android phone browser with your computer (I used User-Agent Switcher
for Chrome).

I used a galaxy s3 spoof:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

then you need to login as usual with the help of http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

edit: there is a software (android) to write in jap: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.japanese #?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLmdvb2dsZS5hbmRyb2lkLm lucHV0bWV0aG9kLmphcGFuZXNlIl0.

Nuja
Jun 9, 2013, 06:36 AM
Where's the link to signup? You say to login like normal, but you mean at the ISAO site?

here is the link: http://pso2es.jp/cbt/about/

will add it in 1st post (there is a check box and a green button at the end when navigating with a phone or computer browser simulating a phone)

kabutozero
Jun 9, 2013, 06:40 AM
yep really easy to register , thanks

so it's like a separate game but you can earn rewards for your main account right?

Nuja
Jun 9, 2013, 06:52 AM
yep really easy to register , thanks

so it's like a separate game but you can earn rewards for your main account right?

It seems that way, you need to reach lvl20 on pso2 es (android) and you will get rewards.

edit: there is a software (android) to write in jap: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.japanese #?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLmdvb2dsZS5hbmRyb2lkLm lucHV0bWV0aG9kLmphcGFuZXNlIl0.

kabutozero
Jun 9, 2013, 11:01 AM
well there are rewards for reaching level 20 on beta test but I thought also when game is live you would get rewards playing it?

Angry_Ryudo
Jun 9, 2013, 12:23 PM
My LG Optimus L5 will probably not be able to run it :S

Gama
Jun 9, 2013, 03:03 PM
i wonder if jelly bean emulated on windows would run this...

metatime
Jun 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
i wonder if jelly bean emulated on windows would run this...

Yea I don't see why not.

Aki_Yoruno
Jun 10, 2013, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I just saw the newsletter in my e-mail this morning. This is awesome and all, but any word on when they'll be doing the iOS CBT?

EXPFULL
Jun 10, 2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I just saw the newsletter in my e-mail this morning. This is awesome and all, but any word on when they'll be doing the iOS CBT?

It's super hard to do a CBT on Apple devices. They only way they could really pull that off on the scale they'd like is to have the client for download via the App Store for all users, then only allow entry based on SEGA ID.

While that would work, SoJ's style has always been more the other way around... with only the accepted beta testers having the client.

It also could lead to bad feedback on the app store via reviews - I imagine many would download, not read the small print, be unable to login, then get angry.

Android as a platform is lot more relaxed, so it's easier to just link someone to an app and have them download and install it.

Pentence
Jun 10, 2013, 10:39 AM
Do we know outside droid 2.3 + whT the operation requirments are?

Cause I think my bionic can play it and omeergurd I hope so! I have played much lately due to other things including not being at home. Same with my m8s so having it on droid we cold all play anywhere.

Ill definately be giving this a go.

kabutozero
Jun 10, 2013, 11:25 AM
I'm going to try it with my low end Sony Xperia tipo , don't care if it works or not but I think it will since it is a beast of a phone even when being the best cheap phone here

Swaggerjak
Jun 10, 2013, 11:23 PM
Look at it this way too.... generally iPhones sell better in America. Throughout the rest of the world... Android devices sell better.

They probably don't have much interest in testing for iOS.

Aki_Yoruno
Jun 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
It's super hard to do a CBT on Apple devices. They only way they could really pull that off on the scale they'd like is to have the client for download via the App Store for all users, then only allow entry based on SEGA ID.

While that would work, SoJ's style has always been more the other way around... with only the accepted beta testers having the client.

It also could lead to bad feedback on the app store via reviews - I imagine many would download, not read the small print, be unable to login, then get angry.

Android as a platform is lot more relaxed, so it's easier to just link someone to an app and have them download and install it.

Not true. I entered a CBT for a golf game by Com2Us (which was kinda fun). That was NOT open to all on the App Store.

Look at it this way too.... generally iPhones sell better in America. Throughout the rest of the world... Android devices sell better.

They probably don't have much interest in testing for iOS.

Also not entirely true. While in Japan, almost everyone and their dog had an iPhone. Yes, Androids were just as popular, if not more.

helel8012
Jun 11, 2013, 10:40 PM
So I registered with a phonethe fits the requirements. Is it possible to beta test this yet? Where do I get this app? And, do I play as my character? :O

ZeGoose
Jun 11, 2013, 11:22 PM
Just to be sure I registered correctly, all you did was click a big button right when you finish logging in, right? You don't have to fill out anything?

helel8012
Jun 12, 2013, 05:42 AM
Just to be sure I registered correctly, all you did was click a big button right when you finish logging in, right? You don't have to fill out anything?

Yeah, thats what I did aswell. Before I clicked the big button, I used the google translator and it said registration complete for closed beta and after I clicked it it sent me back to the pso2 home page. I thought maybe it would give me a link to the download or something, but I have no idea where to download it. Is it still currently unavailable?

ZeGoose
Jun 12, 2013, 09:28 AM
Yeah, thats what I did aswell. Before I clicked the big button, I used the google translator and it said registration complete for closed beta and after I clicked it it sent me back to the pso2 home page. I thought maybe it would give me a link to the download or something, but I have no idea where to download it. Is it still currently unavailable?
They probably need to select the beta testers at a later time.

Pentence
Jun 16, 2013, 09:57 AM
Ok so i went to sign up then i got take nto a page with some red script my kanji is terible so i couldnt make it all out. It had some number message next to it as well. Anyone have anyidea why?

helel8012
Jun 18, 2013, 08:19 AM
Id just highlight, copy, and past onto a google translating website and see what u find

pionear
Jul 8, 2013, 02:17 PM
Will you be able to play on tablets as well? Or just strictly smartphones?

I have a tablet with Android 4.0 with about 1ghz processor.

SakuRei
Jul 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hi,

Just found out that the registration is ON.

http://pso2es.jp/cbt/about/
(there is a check box and a green button at the end when navigating with a phone or computer browser simulating a phone)

Source bumped:

You need to register with your phone but to make it easy just install a plugin to spoof the agent user of an android phone browser with your computer (I used User-Agent Switcher
for Chrome).

I used a galaxy s3 spoof:

then you need to login as usual with the help of http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

Hmmm... Guess the model of my android (Android 4.1 IPS HD Display 1280X800 Dual Core - Dunno if this the model xD) is not included in the list... Ah well... :-?

helel8012
Aug 10, 2013, 11:11 PM
So I got an email and had it translated saying "thank you, your accepted to test beta pso2es! Please provide feedback on the game". Not exactly written in that order, but that's what was stated. Yet I was never given a link for the download via email and nothing was explained to me how to download. Does any other beta tester know where to go to get this?

helel8012
Aug 10, 2013, 11:49 PM
I have you applied for "Phantasy Star Online 2 es" closed β test, thank you for this time. Results gave a lottery, so were you elected as closed β test participants, I was allowed to contact you. Because I believe that your opinion that I had from everyone, we want to make use of in the development of future, I hope I have you join us, be grateful for the valuable feedback! SEGA required to participate in the closed β test

This is exactly what I recieved and translated.

-

ViceShiro
Apr 8, 2014, 09:39 PM
I already have an account for PSO2, is it alright if I use that account for this, or do I have to create another?

Sizustar
Apr 8, 2014, 09:42 PM
I already have an account for PSO2, is it alright if I use that account for this, or do I have to create another?

The account is shared, and the Fun, Meseta and AC is shared between both.
But you can use your character for the mobage, but have to start from Level 1(Not effecting main game)

ViceShiro
Apr 8, 2014, 09:44 PM
The account is shared, and the Fun, Meseta and AC is shared between both.
But you can use your character for the mobage, but have to start from Level 1(Not effecting main game)
Ah so I can use the account, but I'll have to start from lvl 1. Alright.

Sizustar
Apr 8, 2014, 09:47 PM
Ah so I can use the account, but I'll have to start from lvl 1. Alright.

You can use your account and character(Will be shown in PSO2 es style, minus some accessory)

PSO2es battle is not the same as PSO2, and Sega will do collab between both game.

ViceShiro
Apr 8, 2014, 09:51 PM
You can use your account and character(Will be shown in PSO2 es style, minus some accessory)

PSO2es battle is not the same as PSO2, and Sega will do collab between both game.
Okay so:
1) Account used for PSO2 can be used in PSO2es
2) Character level remains unchanged (or changes to lvl 1?)
3) Only changes are the battles and character appearances (accessories)