PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Wait or Play the Japanese?

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 06:08 AM
I started playing the japanese version when it got open for eveyone but sadly my computer broke so IŽve bought a new one now and just wonder, should I keep the hope up for the Western server or just start playing on the japanese server again?

I know IŽm not the only one asking this but IŽve tried to find advice on different threads.

Thanks and have a Good one!

Coatl
Jun 10, 2013, 06:12 AM
You waited one year, might as well wait another.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 06:18 AM
Sounds like a plan I guess :P Any tips on games to play while waiting?

Lets just hope SoA and SoJ will make it happen as fast as possible!

Anybody know anywhere to check for news? IŽve been trying to get as much info as possible but there are so many choices :S

Thanks for the anwser ^^

Meji
Jun 10, 2013, 06:24 AM
You waited one year, might as well wait another.
Not sure if sarcasm or not.

Anyway, with no update on a release date for PSO2 outside of Japan, I'd say you try the JP version again and play with the ENG-patches.

I'd say your best source of information about when the game gets a release date outside of JP might be this forum, since those other sites are all in Japanese.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 06:28 AM
Oooooh cool youŽre from Sweden like me! Btw are they still banning people for not being japanese cuz it happend to 2 of my friends or can I show them IŽm pure European?

BIG OLAF
Jun 10, 2013, 06:28 AM
What with some community members going through efforts to make complete EN patches, and Episode 2 coming out in July, I'd say anyone who's still considering waiting for the EN release to have some form of brain trauma.

Meaning, 'play the Japanese'.

Tetsaru
Jun 10, 2013, 06:29 AM
I'd say if you really want to play it that badly, I'd just stick with the JP servers. If the past has taught us anything, they'll probably get more content in the long run anyway, plus Episode 2 and some other stuff (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-episode-2-launches-july-17th-2013/) is supposed to be out next month. That, and you'd still have access to all your character's progress, etc.

On the flip-side, E3 is starting up soon, so HOPEFULLY there will be some new info about the English version... but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Btw, that site I linked usually has some good info about updates and what-not.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 06:32 AM
Thanks guys! I guess IŽll download the Japanese version again and where do I get the EN patches? Hopefully IŽll see you In game! The most ENG speaking people play at ship 2 still right? ^^

jooozek
Jun 10, 2013, 06:34 AM
do it the SEGA way, flip a coin

Meji
Jun 10, 2013, 06:45 AM
Thanks guys! I guess IŽll download the Japanese version again and where do I get the EN patches? Hopefully IŽll see you In game! The most ENG speaking people play at ship 2 still right? ^^Indeed. Ship:02 ウル. Once online, head over to Block B-020. This is where the ENG players hangout, and you could pretty much ask anyone there about the basics of the game.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 06:48 AM
Aight thanks everyone! Think I got what I need^^

Meji
Jun 10, 2013, 06:55 AM
Aight thanks everyone! Think I got what I need^^No sweat.
Also, if you're using Google Chrome, make sure you download yourself the PSO2 Extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pso2-extension/febdkhimnahpmjpbidcofjdpjjggojhj). It comes with useful links for the eng-patch, item wiki, and story patch. It also informs you whenever there's an Emergency Quest active. Very helpful for a beginner.

UnLucky
Jun 10, 2013, 06:56 AM
You could keep everything fresh and don't even bother with the game until Sega officially cancels launches the international version, or play around with all the classes on the JP server to see how you want to make your character "for real" later. Remember that mag raising and skill trees are a permanent deal only once per character, and new ones cost real money.

Or just abandon NA/EU the Sega way and play with us here until you get banned or bored.

Were your friends really banned just for connecting from outside of Japan? I don't want to blame them for bringing it upon themselves, I'd like to know the actual situation since this keeps being brought up. Want to know if it's a real threat, or just a scare tactic/excuse.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 07:05 AM
Okay So I might have some problems to register my email and I donŽt know the reason it just says that itŽs not valid for this site, tried both on SEGA:s site and Pso2.jp

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 07:07 AM
No sweat.
Also, if you're using Google Chrome, make sure you download yourself the PSO2 Extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pso2-extension/febdkhimnahpmjpbidcofjdpjjggojhj). It comes with useful links for the eng-patch, item wiki, and story patch. It also informs you whenever there's an Emergency Quest active. Very helpful for a beginner.

PSO2 Extension seems helpful! Thanks buddy ^^

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 07:09 AM
Were your friends really banned just for connecting from outside of Japan? I don't want to blame them for bringing it upon themselves, I'd like to know the actual situation since this keeps being brought up. Want to know if it's a real threat, or just a scare tactic/excuse.

I think they got report cause some Japan thought they were like braging about being english speaking and when they said they were just tryinŽ to make english speaking friends SEGA didnŽt really care about it, but I donŽt think people should be scared about it, just try to talk most in like party, pm and guild, Atleast thatŽll be what IŽll do :O

Shinamori
Jun 10, 2013, 07:23 AM
Don't act an ass. I've played with several Japanese, and so far, I haven't been banned.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 07:28 AM
Don't act an ass. I've played with several Japanese, and so far, I haven't been banned.

There are scumbags and itŽs not because they are japanese. I have Japanese friends aswell and they are really amazing people. The same thing will happend on an Western server just the other way around (if weŽll get one)

gigawuts
Jun 10, 2013, 07:42 AM
As it turns out people are not automatically nice because of the country they live in.

Weird concept, I know.

Don't be an ass, mind your business, play with competency, have patience with players who are playing ways you may dislike (in other words don't go telling people they're doing things wrong - just let them be or leave if it bothers you that much), you'll be fine.

Satroms
Jun 10, 2013, 07:52 AM
Anyway got things going now! 25% downloaded guess IŽll do something else for an hour or two! Have a good time guys! Thank you very much ^^

Syklo
Jun 10, 2013, 07:52 AM
I added someone I met on the field using english autowords, assuming that they were Eng-players.

Well, I got fooled, she was japanese, BUT we're still buds :D
Learning from each other (shamefully I still need to use google translate because kanji)~

Aslinng
Jun 10, 2013, 07:53 AM
I will continue to play on the japanese version unless one day the translators will retire.
If one day there're will be a NA/Euro version I will try it and see if they will not change anything from original game. If they changed the game to so the gameplay will depend a lot on the cash shop I will come back on the japanese version if it will be still translated.

moorebounce
Jun 10, 2013, 08:17 AM
They're about to drop Episode II. I don't think there will be a NA/EU release or they would've done it by now. The English players on the JP servers (including myself) now aren't gonna want to play on a NA/EU server now because it would be too far behind the JP servers. I was gonna switch if they released it to the NA/EU crowd but now I don't even think they'll give us a version of it.

Shinamori
Jun 10, 2013, 08:38 AM
For all we know (however unlikely) they could be waiting on EP2. If PSO2 NA had dropped in March, people would get spamming SoA to get EP2.

Gama
Jun 10, 2013, 08:40 AM
What with some community members going through efforts to make complete EN patches, and Episode 2 coming out in July, I'd say anyone who's still considering waiting for the EN release to have some form of brain trauma.

this.

BlankM
Jun 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
The wait for content is already bad enough on the JP servers. Its between get bored with it now, or get bored with it later basically.

So I suggest now. If it so happens the english version comes out and its behind like everyone says it is, you'll pretty much have the roadmap to the future on what to expect. Its also not really hard to get going in this game. Unless the english version starts off with slower grinds/CO's, catching up to the level cap and getting decent gear is easy.

Satroms
Jun 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
Okay so I get this error when I try to play the game that comes up when trying to patch which says:

ERROR

pso2updater.exe(some japanese I donŽt understand after it) and I can just press OK

Any suggestions? :O

Wolf_Asari
Jun 11, 2013, 07:56 PM
No don't wait anymore, I'm pretty sure since they ditched any PSO2 info at E3 or lacked to mention any PSO2 localization news despite the fact that it was "confirmed" to be by 2013, that completely mark its unofficial cancellation by SEGA (blaming both SoA and SoJ).

Even if it does get localized whenever SEGA stops ditching the western PS community, enjoy the lack of content like it did. If SEGA really cared they would have launched PSO2 when they actually said, Early 2013.

Niris
Jun 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
Just play its awesome. Like most people I will remain here if by some miracle a western pso2 comes out. Unless I get banned and I have no other way to play. *Knocks on wood*

Mewnie
Jun 11, 2013, 11:15 PM

And frankly, I don't trust Sega of America to handle PSO2 competently even if they do manage to bring it across the Pacific.

Fool us once, fool us twice...

Skyly HUmar
Jun 11, 2013, 11:25 PM
I still think western pso2 got canned, or at least its on it's way there. May as well play now just incase ;p.

Satroms
Jun 12, 2013, 03:40 PM
IŽm finally on ship 2 now :D just made the tutorial! Thanks for the help guys! Means a lot ^^

AgemFrostMage
Jun 13, 2013, 06:30 AM
Not just for OP but all who read this considering: play the Japanese! At worse you get some experience with the game and get banned for foreign IP. You would be banned under SoJ, but not SoA so you could play the American version if it comes out even with Japanese version ban (I think? Anyone can confirm?)

Isn't just Western either some Chinese players were banned too.

Noc Codez
Jun 13, 2013, 06:55 AM
Not just for OP but all who read this considering: play the Japanese! At worse you get some experience with the game and get banned for foreign IP. You would be banned under SoJ, but not SoA so you could play the American version if it comes out even with Japanese version ban (I think? Anyone can confirm?)

Isn't just Western either some Chinese players were banned too.

Are you Fcking serious ?

only people who get banned are the people who use hacks.. then those same people cry and moan about how their innocent and did nothing wrong.. I play with JP players as well and english ones and not once have I gotten reported for being a foreign player.. if they don't want you in their party the most they will do is Boot you or leave and chinese players got banned for farming Meseta then selling it.. come on get your facts right.

stop spreading 4th floor rumors

Gama
Jun 13, 2013, 08:04 AM
Let's be serious - I'm sure Sega Japan by now is aware of just who is working on the EN patches and story patches. (My name is even in one of the tips!)

All it would take to ban one of us would be about 5 seconds, and done. But they haven't even done THAT - Why would they ban some random person for not being Japanese?

yeah when i saw how open you are about your account i was really suprised.

and good thing they dont actually want us out. id rather be on the jp server anyday.

gigawuts
Jun 13, 2013, 08:11 AM
Let's be serious - I'm sure Sega Japan by now is aware of just who is working on the EN patches and story patches. (My name is even in one of the tips!)

All it would take to ban one of us would be about 5 seconds, and done. But they haven't even done THAT - Why would they ban some random person for not being Japanese?

Really, if people are being banned with that as the broken rule, I find it more likely that's not the actual reason. That's just the most convenient reason to give and is much harder to contest than the actual reason.

Same as being pulled over for not using your turn signal. No, that was not actually why you were pulled over. That's just the excuse the cop wrote in the "reason" box when filling out the report. You were probably doing something else that caught his attention.

Or like in states that you can fire someone without a reason. Fill in the actual reason? They can contest it, or even take you to court for breaking racial/gender/etc. discrimination laws. Leave it blank? No matter what the actual reason was, you're good to go.

Noc Codez
Jun 13, 2013, 08:12 AM
id rather be on the jp server anyday.

I feel the same way.. SOA is a joke at this point and PSO/PSU had proven that they are incompetent in handling the server.

Du1337
Jun 13, 2013, 02:19 PM
You should play it. With the patches and b20 its like u are alrdy playing the NA/EU version.

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

koinukasuka
Jun 20, 2013, 08:06 AM
My only problem with the Japanese servers would be the need to use webmoney now since for a while [they] blocked all foreign transactions, meaning i need to spend 29.50 USD on 2000 yen card even tho the rate is much lower and they said in updates a few days ago on the page linked somewhere here that they have to raise price 1-3 dollars cause of the change in the exchange rate

2000 Japanese Yen equals
20.414 US Dollar
according to Google this is current rate :/

my girlfriend wants to play it in English and she wants to pay for a room and stuff so that would get pricey after a while :/

found one that charges 2500yen at conversion rate for 2000webmoney so thats a bit better:P http://www.sutocorp.com/japanwebmone...ney-1000-point

Meji
Jun 20, 2013, 08:23 AM
My only problem with the Japanese servers would be the need to use webmoney now since for a while [they] blocked all foreign transactions, meaning i need to spend 29.50 USD on 2000 yen card even tho the rate is much lower and they said in updates a few days ago on the page linked somewhere here that they have to raise price 1-3 dollars cause of the change in the exchange rate

2000 Japanese Yen equals
20.414 US Dollar
according to Google this is current rate :/

my girlfriend wants to play it in English and she wants to pay for a room and stuff so that would get pricey after a while :/

found one that charges 2500yen at conversion rate for 2000webmoney so thats a bit better:P http://www.sutocorp.com/japanwebmone...ney-1000-point There's no real saying SEGA would charge 20$ for 2000AC if it would have been released outside of JP though.

Anyway, SutoCorp is the cheapest alternative, but they have a very slow service and sometimes mess up.
http://jpwm.net is cheaper than CN-USA, and also delivers instantly. I've started using them more and more lately.

koinukasuka
Jun 20, 2013, 08:27 AM
There's no real saying SEGA would charge 20$ for 2000AC if it would have been released outside of JP though.

sega would probably have something else then AC in america, they are weird like that lol. I was just saying 30 bucks for 20 bucks of yen web money is a bit steep saying i found the one with the roughly 5 dollar service charge instead of 9.50 lol :P i payed subscription for PSU for quite a while on PC/PS2 server so i don;t mind the 10ish dollars a month :P

how much is a room anyways?

Meji
Jun 20, 2013, 08:56 AM
how much is a room anyways?
You will get a small, free version of My Room within a few updates.
Otherwise, if you actually only want the My Room function, I believe it's 700AC for 30 days (someone correct me if I'm wrong). 30 days of Premium (My Room included) comes at 1300AC.

Then again, 3-Day My Room tickets from FUN scratch aren't too uncommon.

koinukasuka
Jun 20, 2013, 08:58 AM
You will get a small, free version of My Room within a few updates.
Otherwise, if you actually only want the My Room function, I believe it's 700AC for 30 days (someone correct me if I'm wrong). 30 days of Premium (My Room included) comes at 1300AC.

Then again, 3-Day My Room tickets from FUN scratch aren't too uncommon.

I haven't played in a few months i think, how much has been translated with the patches? i'm 100% sure that if ANYTHING is left japanese at least the older stuff and lower stuff my gf won;t want to play x3 but if its mostly done i can probably get her to play especially if the free small room and 2nd character slot come out :3

Vylera
Jun 21, 2013, 04:36 AM
I decided to come back to PSO2 JP because Dumans and (more importantly) the katana/bow class ("Bravers" I believe it's called) is coming out in July.

We probably won't be getting the Epi 2 patch for 2+ years after the game even launches in NA/EU in 2014.

Might as well enjoy the class before SOA has a chance to break the game in that 2 year time span.

UI, Quest Log, Matter Board, Server Announcements, and PA names that have been learned are translated. The PA discs themselves are still in Japanese, at least with the patch that I applied. If you bring NPC buddies into stages, their little conversation bubbles are translated also. As far as I can tell, NPC dialogue bubbles in story/lobby haven't been translated.

2nd character slot will never be implemented outside of AC, I believe. Would be unfair to give a free slot to people who already bought one and didn't need more than that, and a refund process would be an abyssmal waste of time.

Just make a new account. You won't have server storage accessable, but if you're playing casual and aren't aiming for OP gear, just deal with the inconvenience.

Nazantia
Jun 21, 2013, 05:18 AM
I tried the JP version for a few levels last year. I decided to wait for NA release when I could get other people to play it with me. With no news as of E3 about the delay, I've gone back to playing the JP version. Just bought a Vita and the Vita version so I could play at work during downtime. (Been looking for an excuse to own a PSP/PSV for a long time, finally found one).

Vylera
Jun 21, 2013, 05:41 AM
I tried the JP version for a few levels last year. I decided to wait for NA release when I could get other people to play it with me. With no news as of E3 about the delay, I've gone back to playing the JP version. Just bought a Vita and the Vita version so I could play at work during downtime. (Been looking for an excuse to own a PSP/PSV for a long time, finally found one).

Since they brought PSO2 to PAX last year, I'm assuming that if it does show up again this year, the only chance would be at PAX.

Il Moro
Jun 21, 2013, 05:46 AM
as some people pointed out some pages ago, i came to think that the delay is probably mainly due to the fact that sega wants to the japanese version to have some reasonable amount of content before launching the game in the west. for the first months the game seemed to me like little more than a prolonged beta and as someone else said here western players are less more patient so they'll need more things to do at launch to not get bored of the game.

so i was thinking that maybe episode 2 will be the deadline sega set herself for eu/na release. coming to the west with raised level cap, new scenarios, quests, a new race and class could have be probably been a forced choice from the beginning (though the shortcomings in sega's communication are nonetheless embarassing).

AgemFrostMage
Jun 21, 2013, 07:13 AM
Or they can do RNG client side so it can have a user fix after figuring out the variables to minimize Dudu costs. Like how doing certain things in a certain order in Pokemon gives you guaranteed rares so to know what to do and when to take much of the "random" out. Hey a guy can dream!

Doldarius
Jun 21, 2013, 07:21 AM
heh, I started playing close to year ago. Never found many english speaking players and quite because of was sick and tired of doing everything either solo or with my brother, he's not very good got really obsessed and is now close to level cap and my dude was only like 30 or 40. Guess I'mma come over to block 2 and see if there really are english speakers there. I looked on the translation forums, but it looked like pretty much everyone was goin everywhere.

Was planning to wait for the english version but apparently they won't bring it to us!

Noc Codez
Jun 21, 2013, 08:52 AM
Welp.. there's is English players on Ship 2 :D

Renvalt
Jun 21, 2013, 09:28 AM

Wait, are you sure your name is actually in the ORIGINAL Japanese tips? Or did you just edit that in yourself? Given the nature of how your team allowed someone to fuck up the story patch (I saw only a small portion of that stupidity and wanted to facepalm the fucking world), I'm pretty sure you ARE able to manipulate what is written to a pretty nice degree.

It would not be hard to try and out yourself without SoJ actually promo'ing you themselves. What's more, they aren't exactly contacting you to further promote that whole ordeal, now are they?

But yeah, you've got a point: it would take 5 seconds to issue an IP ban, and for almost a whole year now they've only banned some of the douchebag hackers here (and those goddamned RMTs - thank the heavens that this game seems to be a rarity amongst a sea of the infected in that regard). I think if they wanted a purge of "gaijin" they wouldn't have taken a whole year to do so.

The only question now is this: would they be willing to work WITH the Arks Layer Team to make this "translation" more official? Given what's happened, the odds are almost certainly "No".

Which means that, we're still second class citizens in the PSO2 playerbase. Everything they do revolves around their "first class citizens" (AKA the Japanese natives), with our opinions only being considered to the folks who manage to be able to write Japanese to a huge degree of fluency.

They may not RUTHLESSLY enforce the ToS (AKA a massive "genocide" of accounts and non-JP IPs), but when it comes to actually getting assistance, we technically have fewer options than the native JP players do. Not that I'm complaining, but still... it kinda reminds me of some darker periods in history.... which not fun to think about.

Kion
Jun 22, 2013, 01:03 AM
Wait, are you sure your name is actually in the ORIGINAL Japanese tips? Or did you just edit that in yourself? Given the nature of how your team allowed someone to fuck up the story patch (I saw only a small portion of that stupidity and wanted to facepalm the fucking world), I'm pretty sure you ARE able to manipulate what is written to a pretty nice degree.

It would not be hard to try and out yourself without SoJ actually promo'ing you themselves. What's more, they aren't exactly contacting you to further promote that whole ordeal, now are they?

But yeah, you've got a point: it would take 5 seconds to issue an IP ban, and for almost a whole year now they've only banned some of the douchebag hackers here (and those goddamned RMTs - thank the heavens that this game seems to be a rarity amongst a sea of the infected in that regard). I think if they wanted a purge of "gaijin" they wouldn't have taken a whole year to do so.

The only question now is this: would they be willing to work WITH the Arks Layer Team to make this "translation" more official? Given what's happened, the odds are almost certainly "No".

Which means that, we're still second class citizens in the PSO2 playerbase. Everything they do revolves around their "first class citizens" (AKA the Japanese natives), with our opinions only being considered to the folks who manage to be able to write Japanese to a huge degree of fluency.

They may not RUTHLESSLY enforce the ToS (AKA a massive "genocide" of accounts and non-JP IPs), but when it comes to actually getting assistance, we technically have fewer options than the native JP players do. Not that I'm complaining, but still... it kinda reminds me of some darker periods in history.... which not fun to think about.

For the errors in the patch, for the first two months, i was using Agrajag's patch tool with out any idea of what I was doing. So I was missing a lot of formatting, I generally wasn't working with an up to date file list and the game tend to break a lot because of that. If you're referring to the side patch, I translated 4,000 lines of text for chapters one through eight and once I thought I finally caught up, Sega added another 2,000 lines of non-cannon spam for me to translate and that was me just not giving a fuck. most of that was done at 2 to 3 am with me barely conscious and not really giving a fuck, not allowing someone on the team to "go rogue".

Also for clarification, there really is no "team". Most of the translations we done by me with Caledonia and Qwerty looking over them. I'm not actively working on it, so now it's pretty much just Aida. We're not a company, we're not a team, we're just a couple of fans working on a small translation so that others can actually experience and enjoy the game. If you're not happy with that, then you're more than welcome to wait for Sega's official version, not use the patch, or if you feel strongly enough about it, then you could offer to help edit, translate, debug, ect. There's a lot to do, and two core members generally doesn't cut it.

As for the Western release, I would consider it vaporware by now. There's a lot of things you can techno-babble and say it's hard to do, but translations don't take longer than a few months, servers shouldn't take more than a few months, and changes to the client for the international release; Japan gets a pretty major amount of content every few months, so if they were motivated, it would have happened. So for the NA version, I'm really not sure what the deal is, maybe the English patch being out, they just assume that everyone who wants to play it is playing it anyways? Lack of interest, they don't think it's worth localizing? Bad management and communication between SoA, SoE, SoJ? Maybe.

One way or the other it seems like the only way to get a straight answer would be to talk to a representative, or Sakai at SoJ. Though even getting in contact with them, i'm not sure how they'd react? Sudden ban of all foreign players? Would they change the client so that the patch didn't work anymore? Would they try to sue me out of some misguided misconception that I'm stealing their IP (it's Japan, it could happen.)? Tough honestly, I really don't imagine them saying, "Hey, that's great! Why don't we hire you to manage the NA version!". Overall though, I really don't think it matters either way. If Sega localizes the game or not; that's their decision. How you respond to that is up to you, but getting mad at people the who selflessly work on the game just so you can enjoy it, at no gain to themselves and has no responsibility to do so; just seems incredibly misguided.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 22, 2013, 02:12 AM
Some of our team live in japan, and could actually visit their offices. Maybe if we could get in direct contact with Sakai himself?

you guys haven't even tried yet to convince them somehow to allow US/EU be on the servers legitimately? so we dont have to worry about the ToS anymore? or ask them what they have against some foreigners? so many questions i wanna ask them myself but cant. even tell them to do a worldwide server if they have to

Menasthos
Jun 22, 2013, 02:28 AM
As for the Western release, I would consider it vaporware by now. There's a lot of things you can techno-babble and say it's hard to do, but translations don't take longer than a few months, servers shouldn't take more than a few months, and changes to the client for the international release; Japan gets a pretty major amount of content every few months, so if they were motivated, it would have happened. So for the NA version, I'm really not sure what the deal is, maybe the English patch being out, they just assume that everyone who wants to play it is playing it anyways? Lack of interest, they don't think it's worth localizing? Bad management and communication between SoA, SoE, SoJ? Maybe.

One way or the other it seems like the only way to get a straight answer would be to talk to a representative, or Sakai at SoJ. Though even getting in contact with them, i'm not sure how they'd react? Sudden ban of all foreign players? Would they change the client so that the patch didn't work anymore? Would they try to sue me out of some misguided misconception that I'm stealing their IP (it's Japan, it could happen.)? Tough honestly, I really don't imagine them saying, "Hey, that's great! Why don't we hire you to manage the NA version!". Overall though, I really don't think it matters either way. If Sega localizes the game or not; that's their decision. How you respond to that is up to you, but getting mad at people the who selflessly work on the game just so you can enjoy it, at no gain to themselves and has no responsibility to do so; just seems incredibly misguided.
Well ye. Going to SOJ offices claiming to be the translator of the homemade eng patch would not receive any bow or arigato. Instead a serious face, a quick call to the lawyer (your name, passport number /gaijin card [worst] address etc is taken when you pass the door of SOJ talking with anyone inside) and the life of AIDA/Kion/whoever involved on the translation would be pretty much ruined dealing with a tribunal.
SOJ is perfectly aware of gaijin harrassing their servers. A simple log on ship 2, and on main chat you will find everyone talking freely in english.
Still there isn't a simple way to claim the player on that ship is a gaijin or a japanese player simply playing outside japan with his regular account.
A simple solution would be lockout every single account logged with an IP outside japan, then send an email (Written in japanese) where the account's holder is invited to send to SOJ his japanese documentation proving he's a japanese citizen regularly registered. Would it fix? Maybe. But gaijin are famous to be dishonest.. using a simple fix: fake account details of a japanese citizen.
Now, how SOJ will check the ownership? Can keep pushing, pretending to ask a letter sent and signed by the account owner and from the same address registered.
True, now way less gaijin are online. Still, gaijin dishonest mind doesn't stop here:
find a japanese friend, ask him to open an account and share username and password. Final solution, works perfectly.

Now you wonder why it's not applied: the organization and problems would be greater than just leave some damned gaijins to play a videogame f2p.
Accuse every IP outside japan to be a gaijin is wrong. A real japanese owner would find his account closed. Most don't give a damn, simply leaving.
The equilibre of online games in japan (restricted to japan) is quite delicate: there are a lot of games, some are quite fun, some are superb (monster hunter 3 etc).
Act as a gestapo pretending to track down every single F2P account would be idiot, a waste of resources, money and time, the japanese community will just find it ridiculous, everyone will move out, the game will die.
Forget it.

Regardless the topic's title, the OP is free to wait an NA version (if and when).
Enjoy those idiot gaijins , when banned from PSO2 NA :D

Warning, this video can be considered quite disturbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12u-BV2UPzw

Chik'Tikka
Jun 22, 2013, 02:37 AM
Just a FYI - The content of the story patch is open for anyone to view (http://thecrimsondevil.com/PSO2%20Story.txt). If you find an error, would like to translate, or would like to edit it, you can copy/paste and submit changes to me. Thanks!~

i did not know this+^_^+ i will bookmark that link and help if i can with anything i see+^_^+ (though most everything that i could help with is mostly done already, though i can seed torrents+^_^+)

this all reminds me, how goes attempts to translate item names? i know you have to intercept them in the client's memory, but to do that means going through GG and GG reminds me a lot of Nazi Germany+^_^+

at above wall of text, tl;dr, but that video is fraking hysterical!!

Kion
Jun 22, 2013, 02:52 AM
Well ye. Going to SOJ offices claiming to be the translator of the homemade eng patch would not receive any bow or arigato. Instead a serious face, a quick call to the lawyer (your name, passport number /gaijin card [worst] address etc is taken when you pass the door of SOJ talking with anyone inside) and the life of AIDA/Kion/whoever involved on the translation would be pretty much ruined dealing with a tribunal.

Yeah, I've been pretty careful about this though. I purposely made a completely custom logo for the site, I haven't received any profit for doing it (Aida put up a donation thingy, but taking it back down would be a good idea), don't use any images from Pso2 in general on the site, and give Sega original copyright credit for the game. I think the only thing they could really get me on is maybe the lines of Japanese that are still in the patch? Though i'm pretty sure they'd find something stupid to try to litigate against, if they really wanted to. I really don't need them to thank me, but it would at least be nice for them to realize, "hey, we're getting tons of money in revenue that we wouldn't otherwise be getting because of the additional player base we have because of the work of these fans".

Just a FYI - The content of the story patch is open for anyone to view (http://thecrimsondevil.com/PSO2%20Story.txt). If you find an error, would like to translate, or would like to edit it, you can copy/paste and submit changes to me. Thanks!~

You might want to set the file encoding to utf-8 and then re-upload it. I tried changing my browser settings, but the Japanese still shows up as gibberish. (maybe it's my comp?)

you guys haven't even tried yet to convince them somehow to allow US/EU be on the servers legitimately? so we dont have to worry about the ToS anymore? or ask them what they have against some foreigners? so many questions i wanna ask them myself but cant. even tell them to do a worldwide server if they have to

The problem is getting in tough with Sega at all. There's no response or word of any kind at all from SoA or SoE. Even for Kotaku, they just get "there's no news at this time". For SoJ, the only way of getting in contact with them is sending a player form and hoping someone important sees it. There's a telephone listing, might be worth a try. In order to talk to anyone in person, you need an appointment and to get an appointment you generally have to have someone's contact information to begin with. The other option is maybe trying to catch them at an event. I missed the opening events during the beta because i was busy with work. They've only been doing TGS and live streams since then.

Menasthos
Jun 22, 2013, 02:54 AM
i did not know this+^_^+ i will bookmark that link and help if i can with anything i see+^_^+ (though most everything that i could help with is mostly done already, though i can seed torrents+^_^+)

this all reminds me, how goes attempts to translate item names? i know you have to intercept them in the client's memory, but to do that means going through GG and GG reminds me a lot of Nazi Germany+^_^+

at above wall of text, tl;dr, but that video is fraking hysterical!!
Typical gaijin mmo player :D

EvilMag
Jun 22, 2013, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I've been pretty careful about this though. I purposely made a completely custom logo for the site, I haven't received any profit for doing it (Aida put up a donation thingy, but taking it back down would be a good idea), don't use any images from Pso2 in general on the site, and give Sega original copyright credit for the game. I think the only thing they could really get me on is maybe the lines of Japanese that are still in the patch? Though i'm pretty sure they'd find something stupid to try to litigate against, if they really wanted to. I really don't need them to thank me, but it would at least be nice for them to realize, "hey, we're getting tons of money in revenue that we wouldn't otherwise be getting because of the additional player base we have because of the work of these fans".

Wouldn't they have been really anal about the people uploading PSO2 videos on Youtube or Niconico with no advertisement on their site if that were the case?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 22, 2013, 03:01 AM

would love to hear them say something like that, even something about the foreigners on the servers today, how SoJ feels about them lately

EvilMag
Jun 22, 2013, 03:02 AM
Does really make me say that I think Sakai is the only part of SoJ that actually cares about their foreign fans. Afterall, he did originally wanted to do global servers for PSO2 and he has said good things about us.

Menasthos
Jun 22, 2013, 03:03 AM
I explained on my post perfectly their point of view.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 22, 2013, 03:03 AM
Does really make me say that I think Sakai is the only part of SoJ that actually cares about their foreign fans. Afterall, he did originally wanted to do global servers for PSO2 and he has said good things about us.

felt the same way, i wonder what held him back tho

EvilMag
Jun 22, 2013, 03:04 AM
felt the same way, i wonder what held him back tho
The answer: Sega.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 22, 2013, 03:16 AM
The answer: Sega.

those fiends!!

Renvalt
Jun 22, 2013, 07:51 AM
To AIDA:

My name is in one of the tips for recruiting translators. That should answer your question :P

It doesn't, actually. It's very vaguely worded. I guess I'd need the original text of the related issue to be certain (AKA the original text of the tips content).

While I don't appreciate the way you worded it, I was not in charge at the time, so I had nothing to do with that. However, once I was made aware, it was immediately fixed.

I understand your concern, yet I was merely stating that as a means of telling you how easily the content of the patch can be altered, whether by you or another. Yet you seem to have good control over it.

And yeah, I worded that a little too strongly. Terribly sorry about that.

To Kion:

For the errors in the patch, for the first two months, i was using Agrajag's patch tool with out any idea of what I was doing. So I was missing a lot of formatting, I generally wasn't working with an up to date file list and the game tend to break a lot because of that. If you're referring to the side patch, I translated 4,000 lines of text for chapters one through eight and once I thought I finally caught up, Sega added another 2,000 lines of non-cannon spam for me to translate and that was me just not giving a fuck. most of that was done at 2 to 3 am with me barely conscious and not really giving a fuck, not allowing someone on the team to "go rogue".

I was more or less referring to that one patch where everything seemed to have been done by some anti-Japanese person who was vandalizing the story patch. I think the one proof I saw of it happened to be a screencap of a CS where Huey mentioned the word "fap"? I mean, seriously?! I SERIOUSLY doubt that was in the original transcript. That, is what I was disturbed about, and the reason I reacted the way I did - knowing the possibility that someone could alter it to serve their own ends as well as being an accurate translation.

Also for clarification, there really is no "team". Most of the translations we done by me with Caledonia and Qwerty looking over them. I'm not actively working on it, so now it's pretty much just Aida. We're not a company, we're not a team, we're just a couple of fans working on a small translation so that others can actually experience and enjoy the game. If you're not happy with that, then you're more than welcome to wait for Sega's official version, not use the patch, or if you feel strongly enough about it, then you could offer to help edit, translate, debug, ect. There's a lot to do, and two core members generally doesn't cut it.

I actually was intending this as a career, so getting some pre-emptive experience (which while useful, wouldn't be good to throw on a resume for a career like mine) would be nice. I can't read Japanese, but my English IS pretty good - good enough to where I could rephrase or spot errors in grammar/spelling. So I offer that if you're willing to take it.

I don't really think I'd get too hype about a Western release at this point, given how I could easily see any publisher acting like a clone of Nexon/PW-Int/Aeria Games/etc. - but yeah, I've definitely changed since I got here. I would rather make it easier to communicate with the Japanese players, even on just a rudimentary, core basic level. While the basic shortcut words have Japanese phrases installed on them, I feel like there's more that could be done. Something like, I dunno, FFXI's Auto-Translate system (I've used that before and it's an AWESOME tool to communicate with other people of different languages, JP or otherwise)?

I share your outlook on how they'd possibly treat us. They've done some steps to limit the patch's effective area, but I see areas that aren't translated that should be (and the reason for that being how most players just confirm-spam past these particular windows) - areas that may fix the errors in a certain novelistic patch?

And you're right, it IS their call. We ALSO don't know what exactly goes on behind the scenes. I imagine if we were able to isolate an interview with Sakai directly, maybe we'd figure that out. Of course, that would take effort akin to splitting the heavens.

To Menasthos:

A tribunal is a military court, pal. It's what Brad Manning and Julian Assange are being tried by. They would only use that if their nation were threatened, and only if people's lives were in danger. What we're doing wouldn't necessitate the use of a tribunal. Maybe a civil or criminal court, but DEFINITELY not a tribunal.

SOJ is perfectly aware of gaijin harrassing their servers. A simple log on ship 2, and on main chat you will find everyone talking freely in english.
Still there isn't a simple way to claim the player on that ship is a gaijin or a japanese player simply playing outside japan with his regular account.
A simple solution would be lockout every single account logged with an IP outside japan, then send an email (Written in japanese) where the account's holder is invited to send to SOJ his japanese documentation proving he's a japanese citizen regularly registered. Would it fix? Maybe. But gaijin are famous to be dishonest.. using a simple fix: fake account details of a japanese citizen.
Now, how SOJ will check the ownership? Can keep pushing, pretending to ask a letter sent and signed by the account owner and from the same address registered.
True, now way less gaijin are online. Still, gaijin dishonest mind doesn't stop here:
find a japanese friend, ask him to open an account and share username and password. Final solution, works perfectly.

Okay, first, I'd like to smack you for your racist sentiment. As far I recall, the Japanese don't like calling us that if they can help it. Secondly, their ToS states that you can only connect with a Japanese IP address - meaning that ANYONE, even foreign students, would be under scrutiny by the wording of that particular passage (if applied to the extreme). And I doubt we're really "harassing" their servers. If we really WERE "harassing" as you claim, don't you think the general populace of Ship 2 would make a more combined effort to get rid of us? Seems that their silence and the fact that if you take the time to communicate in their language with some basic phrases (hell, I even got a "noshi" or wave from one when I used Hiragana to type the Engrish equivalent of "bye bye", so it definitely shows that it's possible to get along with them).

And on that note, I'd like to point this fact out: Ship 2 is not the ONLY place that the "gaijin" have nested in. IIRC, there was a settlement of our kind on Ship 10 as well, was there not? Ship 2 may be the biggest cluster, but it's not the only hive, so to speak.

Now you wonder why it's not applied: the organization and problems would be greater than just leave some damned gaijins to play a videogame f2p.
Accuse every IP outside japan to be a gaijin is wrong. A real japanese owner would find his account closed. Most don't give a damn, simply leaving.
The equilibre of online games in japan (restricted to japan) is quite delicate: there are a lot of games, some are quite fun, some are superb (monster hunter 3 etc).
Act as a gestapo pretending to track down every single F2P account would be idiot, a waste of resources, money and time, the japanese community will just find it ridiculous, everyone will move out, the game will die.
Forget it.

Me thinks you're just a butthurt foreigner who doesn't like the Japanese and only pretends to side with them for your own personal, egotistic reasons. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I mean, the Japanese voice can move mountains compared to us pushing only boulders across the road. If you recall, there was a time where some big ass mechanic was so unwanted (I think it was the prices on healing items and such - them being too high compared to the resell value after the sellback nerf) - we weren't the only ones protesting that mechanic. The Japanese complained so much (more than they're known for doing so, apparently), that SEGA actually listened to them.

So if the Japanese wanted a "purge", their community could VERY easily mobilize to do so. Their numbers are far greater than some "ghetto foreigner" community - it wouldn't be that hard for them to rally such a call if they really wanted it.

Regardless the topic's title, the OP is free to wait an NA version (if and when).
Enjoy those idiot gaijins , when banned from PSO2 NA

I fled here simply because I WANTED to avoid those jackasses. They're everywhere, I tells ya! They're like a plague of stupidity, infecting the entirety of Gamindustry. They're the reason we GET such shitty quality - when they submit feedback, they do so with an egotistical ambition rivalling that of Sarah Palin, and when they report bugs or problems, they're very rude and demanding. I can't fight them on my own, and those not infected simply just lie down and let things be. Can't really do much when hardly anyone is on your side (that has enough of a voice to silence these brainless masses).

Typical gaijin mmo player
Typical "gaijin" hypocrite who gets off on bashing other "gaijin". I somehow wonder what size your ego is.

To Kril:

would love to hear them say something like that, even something about the foreigners on the servers today, how SoJ feels about them lately
So would I. So. Would. I.

To EvilMag:

I didn't actually think anyone held that same belief. I'm speechless with gratitude - I thought the same way. I mean, it IS his pet project. I imagine if he had more power, and knew more legal loopholes to get around that whole "gachapon" law, that he COULD pull it off. The only thing stopping him is the fact he's not Phoenix Wright or Miles Edgeworth.

And on a closing note, lemme just shut this fool up:

I explained on my post perfectly their point of view.

Nope. You don't know jack shit. So I'd keep quiet if I were you.

There. I'm done. It's tl;dr and there's no way I could summarize all of that. It'd take too much effort - more than writing this long-ass post ever took.

Zenobia
Jun 22, 2013, 08:26 AM
That... was actually me. Like I said, 2-3 am. Not a lot of sleep and not a lot of fucks were given either. It's actually mostly translated correctly, pretty much I got really annoyed with the characters as all they ever do is spout horribly generic dialog, and I really didn't didn't appreciate another 2,000 lines from Sega of non-cannon drivel to sludge through. Basically the way that patch worked was I changed the last line in each dialogue for my own personal childish amusement. Rather than Huey saying, "Okay, I'm off see you later", I changed it to, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to masturbate to myself in the mirror". For Marlu's character, she's just so goddamn boring and never said anything of any importance, so I changed her last lines to, "I'd like to fuck you". The game is practically a fan service waifu simulator anyways. (Don't recall using the word fap tho)

I'm not expecting to win any pulitzer prize for my writing. Chapters one through six are downright abysmal, not to mention I've translated more blue tablets than I'd ever real care to in my life. Making changes like that was the only way to amuse myself to getting through the end of that horribly boring chapter. And even though it's crude, I think what I wrote some what expanded on the characters who are there. I wrote Huey so that he was narcissistic to a fault, Marlu so that she used others to her own advantage, and Sara to remove herself from others because she doesn't like being pulled down by others. So I was surprised that my sarcastic, not caring about the story actually served to a small degree to build on the characters rather than just a raw translation. (Believe me though, if I were actually hired to do this, I would do strictly mechanical translations).

Anyways, I had them in there for April and they just never got reworked. Since those are actually translations and while using bad language, it actually stays true to the subject matter in each one of the events. So really anyone who isn't pleased with them can submit changes and edit them since they're in English. I feel like I've at least put it in a form that people can understand and I really don't want to go back and change anything out of shear lack of will power. The content is in the link above, ctrl+f will get you to the general area if you know of any lines in particular, and the changes can be submitted to Aida to be reflected in future patches.

So sorry about the bad language. I hope I wasn't bastardizing your play experience (although I think Sega does a bang up job of their story as boring as possible). And please realize that the changes in that chapter were a necessary evil for me to attempt to amuse myself, otherwise the chapter would be entirely in Japanese.

Kion could I have those old scripts of Huey and Malru ones cause hey I like humor in my adventure any day<3

Don't worry ppl are just to srs business keep up the good work.

Renvalt
Jun 22, 2013, 08:54 AM
...I don't think SEGAJP is hiring recruiters for translating the game into English through me. Therefore, it's probably an english patch tip. :P

Thanks for confirming. I had a feeling that was it. Best to have confirmed before calling you a liar or whatnot (I've caused a rift between myself and a certain individual for that, won't mention names).

That... was actually me. Like I said, 2-3 am. Not a lot of sleep and not a lot of fucks were given either. It's actually mostly translated correctly, pretty much I got really annoyed with the characters as all they ever do is spout horribly generic dialog, and I really didn't didn't appreciate another 2,000 lines from Sega of non-cannon drivel to sludge through. Basically the way that patch worked was I changed the last line in each dialogue for my own personal childish amusement. Rather than Huey saying, "Okay, I'm off see you later", I changed it to, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to masturbate to myself in the mirror". For Marlu's character, she's just so goddamn boring and never said anything of any importance, so I changed her last lines to, "I'd like to fuck you". The game is practically a fan service waifu simulator anyways. (Don't recall using the word fap tho)

"Fap" and "Masturbate" are pretty much the same thing, the difference being the former being a slang term. Also, I do not see this game as a "waifu simulator". I guess that's just because I'm disenfranchised with women to begin with (half-blaming Hollywood and half-blaming the Kugyu-Ryu School of Tsundere for that), so I'd never be TOO into the idea of "waifus", at least not to that extreme degree.

I'm not expecting to win any pulitzer prize for my writing. Chapters one through six are downright abysmal, not to mention I've translated more blue tablets than I'd ever real care to in my life. Making changes like that was the only way to amuse myself to getting through the end of that horribly boring chapter. And even though it's crude, I think what I wrote some what expanded on the characters who are there. I wrote Huey so that he was narcissistic to a fault, Marlu so that she used others to her own advantage, and Sara to remove herself from others because she doesn't like being pulled down by others. So I was surprised that my sarcastic, not caring about the story actually served to a small degree to build on the characters rather than just a raw translation. (Believe me though, if I were actually hired to do this, I would do strictly mechanical translations).

If I won prizes for this kinda crap, I'd give them back right away. I do this shit because I want to - everyone else kinda expects a reward (not talking about you, btw).

The people who give ten shits about Pulitzer Prizes happen to be obssessed with the "Book Deal" culture going on in America right now. The few who CAN accept them and not lose their morality and humility are a rare breed. The kind that just don't get made much anymore.

But yeah, while I wouldn't try to write them like robots, I wouldn't try to over-emotionalize them either. And believe me, in most of my writing I've been guilty of that time and again.

Anyways, I had them in there for April and they just never got reworked. Since those are actually translations and while using bad language, it actually stays true to the subject matter in each one of the events. So really anyone who isn't pleased with them can submit changes and edit them since they're in English. I feel like I've at least put it in a form that people can understand and I really don't want to go back and change anything out of shear lack of will power. The content is in the link above, ctrl+f will get you to the general area if you know of any lines in particular, and the changes can be submitted to Aida to be reflected in future patches.

It wasn't really the fact that I was unhappy with the meat of the patch, but more like.. y'know, if you needed to give an excuse for the Japanese to turn their heads in disgust (assuming they can read English to that degree), that would be it right there. I was simply trying to avoid collateral (albeit unintended) damage.

So sorry about the bad language. I hope I wasn't bastardizing your play experience (although I think Sega does a bang up job of their story as boring as possible). And please realize that the changes in that chapter were a necessary evil for me to attempt to amuse myself, otherwise the chapter would be entirely in Japanese.

I get you. But sometimes you have to realize you're not the only one who reads these. Also, I hate the transition from Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 - it felt out of place, and Kuna's arc felt like the beginning of Episode 2 to me. A Darker Den-based Falz Hunar fight complete with Arms and Elder fight for both Ch9 and 10 respectively would've flowed much better.

Yet that's how they chose to move the story, so.... I cannot protest. I can only swallow my literary pride and move on.

Replies in bold. Also, yeah - that offer to help translate still stands. Especially since some tutorial windows in the beginning (that most veterans will not see unless they make a fresh account) are untranslated and are probably what's impeding the story patch from working properly (since only newbies will actually see this stuff pop up in specific spots). You had them done in Prologue, but you didn't account for the ones beyond that. Might be why shit's fucking up so bad.

Kion
Jun 22, 2013, 09:29 AM
Aida sent me a message on skype, "I fixed those a while ago". *Goes to delete message before it gets quoted*. >_< Looks like I was a little too late. Huge block of text, but here are all of the tutorials in the game:

[spoiler-box]
"『アクセス』について"
"『アクセス』について"
"チュートリアル『アクセス』について説明します。メッセージパックや回復装置などアクセス可能な対象物には 、アクセスマークが表示されます。を押すことで、対象にアクセスできます。"
"チュートリアル『アクセス』について説明します。メッセージパックや回復装置などアクセス可能な対象物には 、アクセスマークが表示されます。ボタンを押すことで、対象にアクセスできます。"
"ドロップアイテムも同様にで入手できます。を長押しすると、連続でアイテムを拾うことも可能で す。"
"ドロップアイテムも同様にボタンで入手できます。ボタンを長押しすると、連続でアイテムを拾うことも可能で す。"
"『カメラ操作』について"
"『カメラ操作』について"
"チュートリアル『カメラ操作』について説明します。"
"『カメラ操作』について説明します。"
"マウスを動かすことで周りを見回すことができます。"
"右スティックで周りを見回すことができます。"
"カメラを標準の視点にリセットをするにはで行うことができます。"
"カメラを標準の視点にリセットをするにはで行うことができます。"
"通常カメラの設定を変えるには、オプションから設定の変更が可能です。"
"「標準」→「反転」に変更することで、カメラの設定がリバース設定になります。設定は各系統の武器ごとに変 えることが可能です。自分にあった環境設定にしてみましょう。"
"『テレパイプ』について"
"『テレパイプ』について"
"チュートリアル『テレパイプ』について説明します。"
"テレパイプは、プレイヤーの移動に使うワープ装置です。キャンプシップとフィールドをつなぎます。あとから 参加するメンバーと合流する際に便利です。"
"『ステップアタック』について"
"『ステップアタック』について"
"チュートリアルスキル『ステップアタック』について説明します。"
"ステップアタックとは、スキルで習得できる特殊能力の1つです。スキルはクラスカウンターで習得することが できます。"
"回避中に通常攻撃を入力することで、回避後の立ち上がりから素早く攻撃を始めることができます 。"
"どんなに優秀なアークスも最初はみんな基礎から始める。私を信じてついてきたまえ!"
"健闘を祈る。"
"『ジャストガード』について"
"『ジャストガード』について"
"チュートリアルスキル『ジャストガード』について説明します。"
"ジャストガードとは、スキルで取得できる能力の1つです。"
"ソード系の装備で、ガードを行うと通常は軽微なダメージを受けてしまいます。"
"しかし、ジャストガードのスキルを取得していれば敵からの攻撃を受ける直前に、タイミングよく『ガード』を 行うことで『ジャストガード』が発生し、ダメージを0にすることができます。ジャストガードは、PPの消費 もなく使えます。さらに、敵にガードアーツによる反撃ダメージを与えることができる近接戦闘において、優秀 なスキルです。"
"うん。まずまずだ。だが個人的にはもっと冒険してもよかったと思うぞ?"
"まあ済んだことを言っても仕方ないが今回はこれで終わりだ。"
"『戦闘不能』について"
"『戦闘不能』について"
"戦闘不能について説明します。キャラクターのHP(体力)が0になると、戦闘不能となり、行動ができなくな ってしまいます。"
"戦闘不能になった場合は、表示されているメニューから再開方法を選択したり、特別な場合を除き、仲間の助け を待つことができます。また、この状態でもチャットをすることは出来ますので、パーティーメンバーと相談す ることも可能です。"
"生存しているパーティーメンバーがムーンアトマイザーといった復活アイテムなどを使用することで戦闘不能と なったキャラクターを復活させられます。またはスケープドールを所持していれば、その場で復活することがで きます。"
"パートナーキャラクターについては、戦闘不能となっても一定時間経過後に自動で復活するため復活アイテムな どを使用する必要は必ずしもありません。"
"『状態異常』について"
"『状態異常』について"
"状態異常について説明します。キャラクターやエネミーは、攻撃を受けた際に、状態異常と呼ばれる変化が発生 することがあります。"
"例えば、状態異常「バーン」ですと、一定時間体が燃え続け定期的にダメージを受けてしまいます。また、近く にいるものにも燃え移る特性があります。ほかにも、フリーズ、ショック、ポイズンなど、様々な状態異常があ ります。"
"状態異常は、基本的に時間経過で自動的に解除されます。アイテム「ソルアトマイザー」によって、自分と仲間 をすぐに回復させることが可能です。"
"『武器パレット』について"
"『武器パレット』について"
"武器パレットについて、説明します。"
"武器パレットは、武器とフォトンアーツ/テクニックの設定を組み合わせて登録し、簡単に装備を切り替えられ ます。パレット上へ:パレット下へ:"
"決定: で装備を選ぶことで武器パレット切り替えが完了です。"
"武器パレットは武器を複数登録可能です。フォトンアーツ/テクニックも3段まで登録ができます 。"
"まあ、復習が必要なのはおれだけで相棒は必要ないだろうけど助けると思って、付き合ってくれよ 。"
"アークスとして認められたとはいえおれはまだまだペーペーだからさ。"
"戦いたいってワケじゃないんだけど使える技術はきちんと覚えて使えるようにしておかないとな。"
"ということで、復習開始っと。基本中の基本、武器の持ち替え方。これも必要不可欠な技術だよな 。"
"修了任務の時に教わったもんな。それじゃ、ちょっとやってみようぜ。"
"『サブパレット』について"
"『サブパレット』について"
"サブパレットについて、説明します。"
"サブパレットは、アイテムとスキル、テクニックの設定を組み合わせて登録し、即座に使用できます。カーソル 左へ:カーソル右へ:"
"使用: でパレットを選ぶことで現在カーソル位置に登録されているものを使用することができます。使用する サブパレットを切り替えることもできます。か で武器パレットを表示した後かで使用するサブパレットを切り替えられます。"
"サブパレットは複数のブックを切り替えて登録可能です。同じアイコンを登録することや入れ替え、削除もでき ます。"
"……よっ、と。よし、おれもできてるな!ふぅ、やっぱり便利な技術だぜ、これ。"
"相手や場所によって武器を切り替えていけば効率よく戦えるもんな。"
"ともかく、これで復習は終わりっと。ありがとな、相棒。わざわざ付き合ってくれてよ。"
"『ロックオン』について"
"『ロックオン』について"
"「ロックオン」について説明します。"
"を押すことで正面にいる攻撃対象に対して常に画面内に捉えて攻撃しやすくなります。ロックオンを解除するに はをもう一度押すことで解除可能です。"
"を押し続けることで正面にいる攻撃対象に対して常に画面内に捉えて攻撃しやすくなります。を離すとロックオ ンを解除できます。※パッド操作のみ攻撃対象が複数存在する場合ロックオン中に右スティックを任意の方向に 入力することで、ロックオン対象を切り替えることが可能です。"
"一度押すだけでロックオンするか長押し(ホールド)でロックオンするかはオプションの操作変更画面から設定 が変えられます。"
"『ジャストアタック』について"
"『ジャストアタック』について"
"ジャストアタックについて説明します。ジャストアタックに成功すると大きなダメージが期待できます。さらに 敵のやられリアクションも大きくなります。"
"ジャストアタックを行うには攻撃後に体の周りに赤く光る円が収束して消えるまでの間にタイミングよく攻撃ボ タンを押すとジャストアタックとなります。"
"フォトンアーツやチャージテクニックなどと組み合わせてジャストアタックすることも可能です。"
"『ウィークポイント』について"
"『ウィークポイント』について"
"『ウィークポイント』についてエネミーには弱点となる「属性」や「部位」が存在します。弱点は、エリアやエ ネミーの系統によってまちまちですがロックオンした際に、弱点属性のインフォメーションが表示されるので確 認してみましょう。"
"弱点部位とは、エネミーの特定の部位を攻撃すると飛躍的にダメージがアップします。弱点部位を攻撃した際に は、画面のような赤い光が表示されます。"
"『マグ』について"
"チュートリアル『マグ』について説明します。マグとは、キャラクターを支援する制御マシナリーです。キャラ クターと共に成長するパートナーのような存在です。"
"マグは様々なタイプに成長させることが可能で、装備したマグのパラメーターをキャラクターの能力に転換しキ ャラクターのステータスを底上げすることができます。"
"マグはアイテムを食べることで成長します。与えるアイテムによって、アップする能力は変化します。レベルが 一定に達すると新たな形態に進化します。※マグのエネルギーが減っている場合にのみ アイテムを与えること ができます。"
"新たに進化したマグの中にはエネミーに対して自動で攻撃するものやプレイヤーに対して回復を行うものなどい ろんな種類や効果をもったマグがいます。"
"マグデバイスを利用することで、マグの能力や見た目をカスタマイズすることも可能になります。冒険のパート ナーであるマグを上手に育てていきましょう。"
"はい、報告を承りました。ライセンス授与の申請も滞りなく。より一層の活躍を期待します。"
"……とまあ、規定の報告文はこのような感じで締められています。そのため、ここからは私の言葉で す。"
"マグは独自に思考し、行動します。それは一律化したものではなく所有者の意をくむように、成長 します。"
"マグの育成については、私は仔細を存じ上げませんが、アークスのどなたかならば、詳しいかと思 います。"
"なんにせよ、これ以後マグは貴方と一蓮托生の存在となります。大事に大切に、してあげてくださ い。"
"「マグライセンス」を入手しました。"
"『クライアントオーダー』について"
"エコーにクライアントオーダーが発生しました。エコーはゲートエリア・アークスカウンターにい ます。"
"『フォトンブラスト』について"
"『フォトンブラスト』について"
"『フォトンブラスト』について説明します。フォトンブラストは、第二形態以上に進化したマグが使える巨大な 幻獣へと己を変身させて放つ必殺技のようなものです。プレイヤーは、マグを装備した状態で戦闘を行うことで フォトンブラストに必要なブラストゲージが蓄積されます。フォトンブラストを習得したら、サブパレットに登 録しましょう。"
"ブラストゲージが溜まったら、サブパレットから発動します。フォトンブラストには様々な種類があり、マグに よって習得するフォトンブラストの種類が異なります。自身の戦闘スタイルに合ったフォトンブラストを選びま しょう。"
"『肩越し視点』について"
"『肩越し視点』について"
"『肩越し視点』について説明します。肩越し視点は、より精密な攻撃を行いたい場合等射撃武器を想定した専用 の視点モードです。"
" を入力することで、視点が切り替わります。カーソルは、マウス操作で動かすことができます。"
" を入力することで、視点が切り替わります。カーソルは、右スティックで動かすことができます。"
"元の視点に戻すには、もう一度を入力します。肩越し視点は、より精密な射撃攻撃などを行う上で非常に重要に なります。"
"初心者ほど乱射に走ってしまうものだがどんなに優秀なアークスでも、弾薬を切らしては銃器を持つ意味がない 。"
"射撃は的確に狙いを定めたまえ!"
"『ムービングショット』について"
"『ムービングショット』について"
"『ムービングショット』について説明します。ムービングショットとは、移動しながら射撃攻撃を行うことです 。"
"以下の操作で移動しながら、前: 後:左: 右:通常攻撃: 又はフォトンアーツ: を入力し ます。"
"左スティックで移動しながら、通常攻撃: 又はフォトンアーツ:を入力します。"
"ムービングショットは、安全に立ち回れる代わりに発射する弾丸がバラけやすくなります。正確な射撃を行いた い場合は、立ち止まって攻撃し安全に戦う場合は、ムービングショットを選択するとよいでしょう 。"
"ご苦労だった。銃器の扱いの基礎は充分に出来ていると言えるだろう。"
"ただしそこが落とし穴でもある。我流に走らず、正当流を身につけて腕を上げていってほしい。"
"君ならおいおい理解できるはずだ。次の特訓でまた会おう。"
"『ウィークバレット』について"
"『ウィークバレット』について"
"スキル「ウィークバレット」について、説明します。レンジャーのスキルであるウィークバレットは、敵を脆弱 化させる弾を発射する、特殊なバレットです。習得したウィークバレットは、サブパレットに登録して使用しま す。"
"ウィークバレットを発動すると、脆弱化弾が一定数装填され通常攻撃を行うと発射が可能です。脆弱化弾がヒッ トしたエネミーにはウィークポイントを示すマークが表示されます。エネミーの脅威を排除し、パーティーの安 全を確保する役目を担うレンジャーにとって、非常に有効なスキルといえます。"
"どんなに優秀なアークスでも最初から大型武器をうまく使いこなすことなどまず、あり得ない。"
"功を焦らず、まずは慣れたまえ!"
"『トラップ』について"
"『トラップ』について"
"トラップについてトラップは、レンジャーのスキルの1つです。時限式のトラップをフィールドに設置し敵を爆 発に巻き込ませることが可能です。"
"設置したトラップは、タイマーが上部に表示され設置したタイミングから、カウントダウンが始ま ります。"
"タイマーが0になったタイミングで起爆します。爆発の範囲や、効果はトラップの種類によって異 なります。"
"トラップを使用するには、レンジャースキルのトラップスキルを各種取得する必要があります。トラップ自体は 、ショップなどから購入が可能です。危機的状況において、トラップを活用しつつ窮地を切り抜け ましょう。"
"ご苦労だった。ランチャーは使っていて気持ちいいだろう?"
"威力が強い武器は慣れると本当に便利だからこの調子で頑張ってほしい。"
"まあ私はそれほど心配していない。また特訓で会うのが楽しみだよ。"
"ハンターの特徴的武装といえばやはりソードだな。"
"巨大かつ頑丈、それでいて扱いやすい。三拍子の揃ったすばらしい武装だ。"
"まあ、いくら扱いやすいとはいえ基本的な扱い方は習うより慣れろ触ってみた方が習得も早いだろ う。"
"ここにちょうどソードが一本余っている。これを使って少し練習してくるといい。"
"『ソード』について"
"武器「ソード」について、説明します。ソードは、初心者にも扱いやすいスタンダードな打撃武器 です。"
"ソード系の基本攻撃とフォトンアーツの動きを確認してみましょう。近接武器の中では、リーチも長く、クセも 少ないので基本の戦闘を覚えるのに適しているでしょう。"
"オーザ"
"おっ、ソードの練習始めるみたいだな。"
"ハンターなら、ある程度の無理や無茶もなんとかなる、頑張ってこいよ。"
"『ソード』について"
"ソードのギアシステムについて、説明します。スキル「ソードギア」を習得している場合には、武器パレットの 上部にギアゲージが追加されます。ソードの攻撃をヒットさせると、ギアゲージが蓄積されていき ます。"
"ギアゲージが高まるとフォトンアーツの攻撃範囲が広くなり戦闘を有利に進めることができます。ソードギアの ゲージは時間経過で減少するため、ギアゲージを高めに維持しながら戦うとよいでしょう。"
"ハンターの得意武装の一つにワイヤードランスというものがある。"
"リーチが長く、変幻自在。相手を捕縛し、攻撃に利用することも出来る。非常にユニークな武装だ 。"
"基本的な扱い方は習うより慣れろ触ってみた方が習得も早いだろう。"
"ここにちょうどワイヤードランスが一本余っている。これを使って少し練習してくるといい。"
"『ワイヤードランス』について"
"武器「ワイヤードランス」について、説明します。ワイヤードランスは、伸縮自在のワイヤーを伸ばし敵を掴ん で投げ、叩き付ける攻撃を得意とする打撃武器です。"
"ワイヤードランス系の基本攻撃とフォトンアーツの動きを確認してみましょう。伸縮自在のトリッキーな動きで 敵を翻弄しつつ最大の攻撃範囲を活かした広範囲攻撃と投げ技により中型以下の敵を無効化することも可能です 。"
"オーザ"
"おっ、ワイヤードランスの練習始めるみたいだな。"
"『ワイヤードランス』について"
"ワイヤードランスのギアシステムについて、説明します。スキル「ワイヤードランスギア」を習得している場合 には武器パレットの上部にギアゲージが追加されます。ワイヤードランスの通常攻撃をヒットさせるとギアゲー ジが蓄積されていきます。"
"ギアゲージはゲージ単位で最大3つまで蓄積され、ホールド系フォトンアーツを使用するとゲージを1つ分消費 します。ギアゲージを消費して放つフォトンアーツは、威力が増大されます。時間経過によるギアゲージの減少 はありません。"
"ハンターの得意武装の一つにパルチザンというものがある。"
"長い穂先を活かしたリーチと華麗な機動が特長の武装だ。"
"基本的な扱い方は習うより慣れろ触ってみた方が習得も早いだろう。"
"ここにちょうどパルチザンが一本余っている。これを使って少し練習してくるといい。"
"『パルチザン』について"
"武器「パルチザン」について、説明します。パルチザンは、高速かつ豪快に敵を薙ぎ払う打撃武器 です。"
"パルチザン系の基本攻撃とフォトンアーツの動きを確認してみましょう。豪快な舞から大技へ繋ぎ、スキのない 攻撃を得意とします。"
"オーザ"
"おっ、パルチザンの練習始めるみたいだな。"
"『パルチザン』について"
"パルチザンのギアシステムについて、説明します。スキル「パルチザンギア」を習得している場合には武器パレ ットの上部にギアゲージが追加されます。パルチザンのギアゲージは、乱舞アクションにより蓄積されます。乱 舞アクションは、攻撃のあとに華麗に舞うアクションです。を長押しして乱舞を行いギアゲージを任意で蓄積す ることも可能です。"
"ギアゲージはゲージ単位で最大3つまで蓄積され、フォトンアーツを使用するとゲージを1つ分消費します。時 間経過によるギアゲージの減少はありません。ギアゲージを消費して放つフォトンアーツは、攻撃範囲が拡大さ れ強力になります。舞うほどに強くなるのがパルチザンのギアシステムです。"
"レンジャーといわず、誰でも使える便利な武器、知ってますかあ?ガンスラッシュというやつです 。"
"剣で近接戦闘もできますし銃で遠距離戦闘も可能なんです。まさにオールマイティですねえ。"
"まあ、正直銃としては頼りないですが使い分けることに意味がある。そういうことみたいですよお 。"
"ガンスラッシュ、知っておくのは重要なことだと思いますよお。ということで、これをあげましょ う。"
"いろいろお勉強するよりも、実際に触って撃って苦しめて殺した方がさくっと身につきますからね え。"
"『ガンスラッシュ』について"
"武器「ガンスラッシュ」についてガンスラッシュは、打撃と射撃を切り替えることができる特殊なハイブリッド 武器です。"
"ガンスラッシュ系の打撃モード基本攻撃とフォトンアーツの動きを確認してみましょう。特長はありませんが攻 撃もすばやく行えるので、扱いやすい武器です。"
"ガンスラッシュ系の射撃モード基本攻撃の動きを確認してみましょう。装備を切り替えることなく、射撃が行え る便利さが最大の特長といえるでしょう。"
"『ソード』について"
"「ソード」についてソードは、初心者にも扱いやすいスタンダードな武器です。"
"レンジャーといえば、アサルトライフル代名詞というやつですねえ。"
"遠距離用の武器と思われがちですが移動しながらでも撃てますから全距離対応と言っていいですよ お。"
"攻撃力はちょっと控えめですけどそれがいいんですよねえ……ふふっ。弱点狙えばいいだけですし 。"
"アサルトライフル使ってみるのです?なら、これをあげますよお。リサの使ってた、いわくつきで す。"
"『アサルトライフル』について"
"「アサルトライフル」について、説明します。アサルトライフルは、離れた場所から攻撃できる初心者にも扱い やすいスタンダードな射撃武器です。"
"アサルトライフル系の射撃モード基本攻撃とフォトンアーツの動きを確認してみましょう。"
"『ソード』について"
"レンジャーといえば、ランチャーこれも外せませんねえ。"
"遠距離用の武器と侮るなかれ威力、すっごいですよお。どっかーん、ですからねえ。"
"爆発も起きて、周りも巻き込んで一切合切すべて吹き飛ばしたり出来ちゃいますから、爽快ですよ お。"
"ランチャー、使ってみたいですかあ?なら、これをあげますよお。リサの使ってた、いわくつきで す。"
"『ランチャー』について"
"武器「ランチャー」について、説明します。ランチャーは、広範囲の敵を巻き込んで攻撃する高い威力の範囲攻 撃が可能な射撃武器です。"
"ランチャー系の基本攻撃とフォトンアーツの動きを確認してみましょう。"
"『ソード』について"
"……フォースの基本は、ロッド。迷ったらこれを持っておくといい。"
"……テクニックの出力を後押しするしいざというときは打撃武器としても用いることが出来る。"
"……ロッドにセットできるテクニックは最大で四つ。状況に応じて使い分けるといい。"
"……ロッドに興味出てきた?なら、これを渡しておく。私のお下がりで申し訳ないけど。"
"……座学よりも、実践したほうが感覚を掴むのも早いと思う。少し、練習してきたらどうかしら。"
"『ロッド』について"
"武器「ロッド」について、説明します。ロッドは、通常攻撃に加え、テクニックが扱える初心者にも扱いやすい スタンダードな法撃武器です。"
"ロッド系の基本攻撃とテクニックの動きを確認してみましょう。"
"『ソード』について"
"……フォース系の武装にタリスというものがある。一言でいえば、特殊。"
"……タリスは遠い場所に設置が可能。そこにテクニックを遠隔発動できる。簡単に言えば、テクニックの設置発 動。"
"……もちろん、通常の武器としてちょっと離れた相手に攻撃することもできる。特殊だけど便利。"
"……タリスに興味出てきた?なら、これを渡しておく。私のお下がりで申し訳ないけど。"
"……座学よりも、実践したほうが感覚を掴むのも早いと思う。少し、練習してきたらどうかしら。"
"『タリス』について"
"武器「タリス」について、説明します。タリスは、カード状のパーツを飛ばしてテクニックをパーツから発動さ せる独特な動きをする法撃武器です。"
"タリス系の基本攻撃とテクニックの動きを確認してみましょう。フォースが近づきにくい場所にタリスを飛ばし そこを起点にしての攻撃など、バリエーションが広がります。"
"『ソード』について"
"『フォトンアーツ/テクニックディスク』について"
"『フォトンアーツ/テクニックディスク』について"
"フォトンアーツ/テクニックディスクの習得について、説明します。フォトンアーツ及びテクニックは、初期に 登録されているもの以外は「ディスク」を「習得」することで使用できるようになります。"
"まず、習得したいフォトンアーツ/テクニックディスクをアイテムパックから選択し「使う」を選ぶことで、習 得できます。"
"習得した後、メインメニューから「武器装備」を選び武器の項目を選択します。武器パレットの空欄になってい る箇所を選びましょう。"
"すると、登録可能なフォトンアーツ一覧、テクニック一覧に習得済みのものが表示されますので選択しましょう 。"
"フォトンアーツってさ、習得しただけで使えるようになると思ってたら大間違いなんだよな。"
"武器パレットにセッティングしてようやく使えるようになるってついこの前まで知らなかったんだ よ。"
"いやあ、あの時は赤っ恥かいたぜ……まあ、恥は掻き捨て。間違えた方が覚えるからいいんだけど さ。"
"相棒、お前は大丈夫か?覚えただけで満足してたりしないよな?"
"……なんだか話してたらおれも気になってきた。ちょっと武器パレットいじってみようぜ。"
"『武器強化』について"
"『武器強化』について"
"『武器の強化』について、説明します。アイテムラボの施設で、武器は強化することが可能です。アイテムラボ とは、武器やユニットをカスタマイズしてする施設です。"
"アイテム強化に必要なのは以下の2種類です。 ・グラインダー ・メセタこれらのアイテムを消費して、武器 や防具を強化していきます。"
"強化を実行すると、成功または失敗が発生します。強化に成功した場合は、最大で10段階性能がアップします 。強化に失敗した場合は、性能が1段階ダウンします。"
"強化後のアイテムデータには、名称の語尾に+1~10の表記が追加されます。"
"続いて、属性強化に必要なのは、以下の3種類です。 ・メセタ ・シンセサイザー ・素材武器武器の属性( 炎や氷など)を強化できます。同じ属性の素材を使うと、より属性値が上がります。"
"特殊能力追加に必要なのは、以下の2種類です。 ・メセタ ・素材(武器またはユニット) 素材の特殊能力 から好みのものを追加できます。 素材となる装備品は、元の装備品と同数の特殊能力が 必要ですが、例外的 に元の特殊能力数がゼロの場合、 素材の特殊能力数は特に問われません。"
"特殊能力は、数やレベルによって、継続される確率が変わります。自分だけのスペシャルウェポンを作り上げま しょう。"
"『マグデバイス』について"
"「マグデバイス」について、説明します。マグデバイスを利用することで、マグに新たな能力を付与したりすで にある機能を書き換えることができます。中にはマグ自体の見た目を変更するものもあります。"
"マグデバイスは、マグを選択後に「デバイスを使う」メニューから、与えることができます。"
"マグの色や形を変えたり、フォトンブラストの能力を変更したり成長の促進にデバイスを利用したりと様々なデ バイスが存在します。デバイスを利用して、好みのマグにカスタマイズしていきましょう。"
"おせっかいとか言わないの!マグはね、所持者の心を映す鏡とまで言われたりもするのよ?"
"あげるエサによって成長する能力も変わったりするし、攻撃方法なんかもいろいろ調整できるし… …"
"自分専用のマグ! と言う意味で育成方針ってのは本当に重要なんだよ。"
"……こほん。熱くなっちゃった。まあ、なにはともあれ、マグの育成はエサをあげることからはじま るの!"
"それじゃ、マグにエサをあげてみて。きっと喜んでくれるから。"
"『PSE』について"
"『PSE』について"
"エネミーを撃破していくことで、大気中に漂うフォトンが刺激されアークスの能力を補正するような効果を持つ ことがあります。この効果はPSEと呼称されます。(Photon Sensitive Effect)PSEによる補正効果としては、純粋な能力向上の他にドロップするメセタ量の増加や、戦闘に よる経験値が増加するなど多種多様なものがあります。"
"また、PSEは8つの段階を持ち、エネミーの撃破を続けると段階の上昇を経て、補正効果が強化されていきま す。8段階目の状態で、さらにフォトンが刺激されると「PSEバースト」と呼ばれる状態に移行 します。"
"その分、効果時間は限定的なものとなりますがエネミーを撃破し、フォトンの励起を助長することで効果時間を 延ばすことが可能です。PSEが発生する前には、何らかの予兆があるので上手く前兆を掴み、PSEを利用し てみてください。"
"『打撃力・射撃力・法撃力』について"
"『打撃力・射撃力・法撃力』について"
"攻撃力には「打撃力」「射撃力」「法撃力」の3種類があります。「打撃力」は近接攻撃、「射撃力」は間接攻 撃、「法撃力」はテクニックに影響します。"
"また「技量」が高いとダメージの振れる幅が小さくなり、高い威力で安定したダメージが与えられます。防御力 も「打撃防御」「射撃防御」「法撃防御」の3種類があり、それぞれのダメージを軽減します。"
"『属性』について"
"『属性』について"
"この世界には「炎」「氷」「雷」「風」「光」「闇」の6つの属性があります。属性の付与された武器やテクニ ックで攻撃すると、追加でダメージを与えられます。"
"ただし、攻撃したエネミーにその属性の耐性がついていると追加ダメージが少なくなります。属性耐性の付いて いない武器やテクニックで攻撃しましょう。"
"『持ちきれないアイテム』について"
"『持ちきれないアイテム』について"
"エマージェンシートライアルに成功する等自動でアイテムをもらうことがあります。その時、アイテムごとの所 持数を超えたりアイテムパックがいっぱいだったりすると持ちきれないので自動的に倉庫へ送られ ます。"
"うむ、よろしい!やはり君は優秀なアークスだな。杞憂で済んでよかった。"
"所持できる物品の数は限られる!しかし度々倉庫を利用し整理していれば問題はない!"
"未拡張のアイテム倉庫では200個が関の山だが……拡張すればさらに使い勝手も良くなるぞ!"
"いいか、私の利用する倉庫は……"
"『ウィンドウヘルプ』について"
"『ウィンドウヘルプ』について"
"それぞれのウィンドウには、その説明を表示する為のボタンがあります。ウィンドウにある「?」をクリックす ると、説明が表示されます。くわしくは、オンラインマニュアルをご確認ください。以下のURLをクリック( 決定)すると、ブラウザで開きます。"
"それぞれのウィンドウには、その説明を表示する為のボタンがあります。を押して「?」にカーソルを合わせた 状態でを押すと、説明が表示されます。くわしくは、オンラインマニュアルをご確認ください。以下のURLを クリック(決定)すると、ブラウザで開きます。"
"『マイルーム』について"
"『マイルーム』について"
"ここはマイルーム。それぞれのプレイヤー専用の個室です。端末にアクセスすることでグッズを置いたり壁紙を 変えたり好きに模様替えすることができます。ルームグッズはショップやエネミーからのドロップなどで入手で きます。"
"マイルームは同じシップ内のキャラクターで共有されています。複数のキャラクターを作成した場合同じマイル ームを使用します。お好みのかたちにコーディネイトし、フレンドを招くなど有意義なマイルームライフを堪能 しましょう。"
"『アークスシップの施設』について"
"『アークスシップの施設』について"
"アークスシップの施設について説明します。ここはアークスシップのゲートエリアです。クエストカウンターで クエストを受注したりメディカルセンターでキャラクターの能力を向上させたりすることができま す。"
"クエストを受注する場合はクエストカウンターに立つキャラクターに話しかけ受注したいクエストを選択してく ださい。クエストカウンターは2か所ありますが、どちらも違いはありません。"
"テレポーターを使うとショップエリアへ行くことができます。ショップエリアでは、武器やユニットを購入した りエステでキャラクターの外見を変えたりすることができます。また、他のプレイヤーとくつろいだりする憩い の場です。いろいろ散策してみましょう。"
"『ファンタシースターオンライン2 es』との連動について"
"『ファンタシースターオンライン2 es』との連動について"
"『ファンタシースターオンライン2』と『ファンタシースターオンライン2 es』 (以下『PSO2 es』)の間で連動したキャラクターは以下の要素を連動します。 ・『PSO2 es』で入手した経験値の 一部を加算 ・所持メセタの共有 ・アイテムパック内の一部アイテムの共有  ・武器/ユニット/コスチューム/パーツ など ・マグの共有あわせて、オンラインマニュアルもご確認ください。以下のURLをクリック(決 定)すると、ブラウザーで開きます。"
"『ショップエリア』について"
"『ショップエリア』について"
"ここはアークスシップのショップエリアです。武器やユニットを購入したりエステでキャラクターの外見を変え たりすることができます。また、他のプレイヤーとくつろいだりする憩いの場です。いろいろ散策してみましょ う。"
"『クエストポイント』について"
"『クエストポイント』について"
"クエストの中には、「クエストポイント」の獲得がクリア条件となっているものがあります。「クエストポイン ト」は特定のエネミー撃破やエマージェンシートライアルのクリア時に獲得できます。"
"エネミー撃破によるクエストポイントの獲得についてはクエストによって異なります。どのエネミーから、どれ だけのクエストポイントが得られるかは各クエスト開始地点のメッセージパックで確認することが 可能です。"
"『キャンプシップ』について"
"『キャンプシップ』について"
"ここはキャンプシップ。クエストの開始前に準備を整える場所となります。"
"クエストには、目標が設定されています。出現するエネミーの殲滅や、クエストポイントの獲得など条件はクエ ストによって変わります。目標を達成するとそれに応じた報酬を手に入れることが出来ます。"
"アークス・ロビーと比べると品ぞろえが限られていますが簡易的なショップ設備があったり、倉庫にアイテムを 預けたりすることができます。"
"『テレポーター』について"
"『テレポーター』について"
"クエストを完了した後は、奥のテレポーターにアクセスすることでゲートエリアまで帰還することができます。 でアクセスし、帰還しましょう。"
"Afin"
"よう相棒、ちょっといいか?頼みたいことがあるんだけどよ……"
"とりあえず、時間あるときでいいからおれのところまで来てくれよ。んじゃ、頼んだぜ。"
"『クライアントオーダー』について"
"ゲームを進めていくと、キャラクターから依頼を受けることがあります。これらを「クライアントオーダー」と 言います。クライアントオーダーの内容は様々でクエストをクリアするように指示されたりアイテムを集めるこ とを頼まれたりします。"
"エネミーを倒してアイテムを集める場合、そのクライアントオーダーを受けていないとアイテムはドロップしま せん。目標を達成したら、キャラクターに報告しましょう。お礼がもらえます。ある程度ゲームを進めたらキャ ラクターに話しかけてみましょう。新しいクライアントオーダーが発生しているかもしれません。"
"アフィンはゲートエリア・西クエストカウンター側にいます。訪ねてみましょう。"
"『マターボード』について"
"『マターボード』について"
"マターボードを手にしたプレイヤーはさまざまな事象に遭遇することになります。エネミーを撃破したり、キャ ラクターと話したりすることで、マターが集まり、物語は進んでいきます。"
"マターを集めてアークスシップに戻ってくるとマターボードが解放されていきます。マターボード上で光輝くキ ーマターの回収を目指しましょう。"
"捜索するマターを選択してください。"
"『チーム』について"
"『チーム』について"
"いずれかのクラスレベルが10以上になるとチームを作れます。チームとは1つのコミュニティーのことで、同 じチームメンバー同士であれば、チームチャットを使って違うブロックやマイルームにいても連絡をとることが できます。クラスレベルが10に達していなくても他の人に誘ってもらうことで、チームに所属することもでき ます。"
"同じSEGA ID、同じシップのキャラクターは、全て同じチームに所属することになります。チームメンバーは役職が1つ 割り当てられます。役職はチームメンバー一覧で確認することができます。"
"【チームの役職】チームマスター …チームの全機能を使用できます。マネージャー   …基本的な機能の他、他の人をスカウトできます。コモンメンバー …チームの基本的な機能を使用できます。 ビジター      …チームマスターに承認される前の仮加入状態です。               チ ームの基本的な機能を使用できます。"
"チームの拡張について説明します。新たにチームの要素に拡張機能が実装されました。チームを拡張すると専用 のルームを所持したりチーム用の倉庫をメンバーで共有できたりします。"
"また、チームを拡張すると専用のルームを所持したりチーム用の倉庫をメンバーで共有できたりし ます。"
"チームを拡張するには、チームポイントが必要です。チームポイントはオーダーを達成することで獲得します。 オーダーはチームカウンターで受注することができます。アークスカウンター内、チーム専用ルームのどちらの キャラクターでも受注・報告が可能です。"
"チームレベルが上昇すると拡張できることも増えます。メンバーで協力し、より強く個性的なチームを目指しま しょう。"
"『テレパイプ』について"
"『テレパイプ』について"
"クエストのクリア条件を達成することでフィールド上にテレパイプが出現します。でテレパイプにアクセスしキ ャンプシップに戻りましょう。"
"『パートナーキャラクター』について"
"『パートナーキャラクター』について"
"特定の条件を達成するとパートナーキャラクターと一緒に冒険することができます。パートナーキャラクターは キャンプシップにある端末から呼び出すことができます。ただし、そのルームの中で既に呼ばれているパートナ ーキャラクターは呼び出すことができません。"
"よし、んじゃこれで俺からの依頼は完了、ってことで。"
"どうだ、ちょっとは参考になったか?これがクライアントオーダーの流れだ。"
"これからは、一人でこういう依頼を受けてはこなしてって繰り返していくんだぜ。"
"ま、キツイと思ったら後回しとか上手い具合に立ち回っていけよ。無理や無茶は命取りだからな。"
"丁度良いから、俺のパートナーカードも渡しとくよ。どうしようもない時とか頼ってくれて、構わ ないぜ?"
"アークスの仲間たちにクライアントオーダーが発生しました。"
"ゼノをパートナーとして呼べるようになりました。"
"次に捜索するマターを選択してください。"
"『エクスキューブ』について"
"『エクスキューブ』について"
"「エクスキューブ」システムについて説明します。これは、クラスレベルの最高上限に達しているキャラクター でも経験値を獲得できるようになり、1レベル相当の経験値を溜めると特別なアイテムと交換できる「エクスキ ューブ」というアイテムが手に入るシステムです。"
"このシステムの利用には、クラスレベルの最高上限に達している必要がありますので、コフィーから受注するク ライアントオーダー「レベル制限解除試練」シリーズをすべて達成する必要があります。以後、エネミーを倒し た時やクライアントオーダー報酬などでオレンジ色の経験値が獲得できるようになり、これを1レベル相当ため た瞬間に、「エクスキューブ」を複数個入手できます。獲得した「エクスキューブ」が所持品に持ちきれない場 合は、「倉庫」または「一時倉庫」に預けられます。"
"「エクスキューブ」を一定数貯めると、「エクスキューブ交換ショップ」で特別なアイテムと交換することがで きます。エクスキューブ交換ショップはショップエリア2階にあります。"
"『クライアントオーダー』について"
"ロッティにクライアントオーダーが発生しました。ロッティはショップエリア・南外周通路にいま す。"
"ルべルトにクライアントオーダーが発生しました。ルべルトはショップエリア・南外周通路にいま す。"
"『デイリーオーダー』について"
"ファイナにデイリーオーダーが発生しました。ファイナはゲートエリア・西クエストカウンターに います。"
"コフィー"
"さん。お疲れ様です、管理官のコフィーです。"
"さんに向けまして特務先遣依頼……アドバンスクエストの発令が行われました。"
"また、アドバンスクエストに関連した新たな依頼も届いています。"
"お時間ができましたらこちらまでお越しください。お待ちしております。"
"『アドバンスクエスト』について"
"アドバンスクエストについて説明します。アドバンスクエストはアークスの先遣隊としてより強力なエネミーが 現れる地域の探索を行うクエストです。アドバンスクエストに出発するためにはアドバンスカプセルというアイ テムが必要になります。アドバンスカプセルの支払いはキャンプシップのテレプール前のゲートに接触したとき に行います。"
"アドバンスクエストをクリアするとそのクエストのアドバンスリスクが加算されます。アドバンスリスクが一定 までたまった状態で同じクエストをプレイすると、エネミーレベルの上昇等難易度の変化があります。アドバン スリスクは一定期間経過するとリセットされます。次にいつアドバンスリスクがリセットされるかはクエストカ ウンターで確認できます。"
"防具について"
"『防具』について"
"『防具』について説明します。クエストを進行していくと攻撃力の高いエネミーが出現します。強力な攻撃に耐 えるには、いくつかの対策が行えます。・ボディ、リアクト、マインド、レジストなどの 特殊能力が付いてい る防具を装備する。・防具自体を強化して、防御力を上昇させる。・マグを成長させて、防御力を 上昇させる。"
"防具の強化は、ショップエリアのアイテムラボで行えます。苦戦している場合には、強化してみま しょう。"
"『クライアントオーダー』について"
"ルべルトにクライアントオーダーが発生しました。ルべルトはショップエリア・南外周通路にいま す。"
"Hilda"
"プレイヤー操作方法"
"『プレイヤー操作』について"
"『プレイヤー操作』について"
"チュートリアル『プレイヤー操作』について説明します。"
"プレイヤーの移動は左スティックで行います。"
"カメラの操作は右スティックで行います。"
"ジャンプはで行います。"
"通常攻撃はで行います。"
"フォトンアーツやテクニックの使用はで行います。タイミングよく通常攻撃やフォトンアーツを行うと、強力な 「ジャストアタック」を繰り出すことが出来ます。"
"緊急回避はで行います。"
"アイテムはを押すことで拾うことが出来ます。そのままを長押しすると、連続でアイテムを拾うことも可能です 。"
"サブパレットに登録されたアイテム等を使用するには使用したいアイテムにカーソルを合わせ、で使うことが出 来ます。カーソル左へ:カーソル右へ:使用:"
"か で武器パレットを表示した後かで使用するサブパレットを切り替えられます。"
"プレイヤーは以下の操作で移動させることができます。前:後:左:右:"
"マウスを動かすことでカメラを操作することができます。"
"ジャンプはで行います。"
"通常攻撃はで行います。"
"フォトンアーツやテクニックの使用はで行います。タイミングよく通常攻撃やフォトンアーツを行うと、強力な 「ジャストアタック」を繰り出すことが出来ます。"
"緊急回避はで行います。"
"アイテムはで拾うことが出来ます。そのままを長押しすると、連続でアイテムを拾うことも可能で す。"
"サブパレットに登録されたアイテム等を使用するには使用したいアイテムにカーソルを合わせ、で使うことが出 来ます。カーソル左へ:カーソル右へ:使用:"
"か で武器パレットを表示した後かで使用するサブパレットを切り替えられます。"
"Hilda"
"キャラクター操作方法"
"『AC(アークスキャッシュ)』について"
"『AC(アークスキャッシュ)』について"
"「AC(アークスキャッシュ)」は、ゲーム内で使用できる便利なアイテムや機能を購入・レンタルするための 有料ポイントです。ACを利用する事で「より深くゲームを楽しむ」「短時間で効率的に楽しむ」「コスチュー ムなどの外見をカスタマイズする」など、さまざまな楽しみ方の選択肢を広げることができます。"
"ACはプレイヤーズサイトの「アークスキャッシュチャージはこちら」メニューより購入できます。※ “PS Vita”からもアクセスできます。SEGA IDとパスワードを入力しログインした後、チャージするACの額と支払い方法を決定し、支払いの手続きを完 了させることでACをチャージできます。"
"下記のお支払方法にてACをご購入いただくことが出来ます。・クレジットカード・WebMon ey・NET CASH・Edy・Mobile Edy・BitCash・モバイルSuica購入したAC、サービス、アイテムは“PC”、“PS Vita”どちらのプラットフォームにおいても使用が可能です。※PlayStationźStoreでは  ACをご購入いただけません。"
"ACショップ、ACスクラッチについてチャージしたACを消費する事で、ACショップやACスクラッチを利 用できます。ACショップは、メインメニューのACメニューから「ACショップ」を選択することで利用でき ます。ロビーやキャンプシップなどどこでも開くことができます。"
"ACショップでは「マイルームが使用できるようになる」「アイテムの所持数が増加する」「エネミーを倒した 際の経験値が増加する」など、さまざまな特殊効果をもったアイテムをご用意しております。アイテムトレード やマイルーム、マイショップなど、様々な専用サービスがひとつになった「プレミアムセット」など、お得なも のばかりです。"
"ACスクラッチとは、ACを使って引くスクラッチのことです。ACスクラッチはメインメニューのACメニュ ーから「スクラッチを引く」を選択し、引きたいスクラッチを選択する事でご利用できます。ACスクラッチで は、冒険を手助けしてくれるアイテムや、魅力的なコスチューム・パーツなど、様々なアイテムを入手すること ができます。通常10回のところ「+1回」のおまけがついてくるお得なチケットも、ACショップで販売して おります。PSO2の楽しみ方が広がるACをぜひ一度お試しください。"
"『マップの表示切り替え』について"
"『マップの表示切り替え』について"
"クエスト内でのマップ表示は、タッチで切り替えることが可能です。通常マップ ⇔ 簡易全体マップ がタッ チするたびに切り替わります。"
"マップをロングタッチすることで、全体マップに切り替えることも可能です。さらにタッチすると全体マップを 終了します。"
"『注目操作』について"
"『注目操作』について"
"エマージェンシートライアル発生時の注目操作について説明します。エマージェンシートライアル発生時には、 中央部に注目ウィンドウが表示されます。注目ウィンドウをロングタッチするとタッチしている間、カメラが対 象へ向かうようになります。"
"『スクリーンショットの撮影方法』について"
"『スクリーンショットの撮影方法』について"
"スクリーンショットの撮影方法についてPSボタン+STARTボタンを同時におすとゲーム中のスクリーンシ ョットを撮影することができます。また、SELECTボタン+STARTボタンを同時に押すことで、インタ ーフェイスを非表示にして撮影を行えます。"
"クイックメニューの「視点設定変更」からカメラの視点調整を好みの設定にすることも可能です。"
"撮影した画像は、メモリーカードに保存され、ログアウト後にホーム画面の「フォト」から確認することが可能 です。"
"『プレイヤータッチ』について"
"『プレイヤータッチ』について"
"他のプレイヤーをタッチすることでタッチを行った対象のプレイヤーに対して行うコミュニケーションメニュー を開くことができます。パーティー招待やグッジョブなどを簡単に行うことができるようになりま す。"
"プレイヤーが密集している場合や、場所がわからない場合などにおいてメインメニュー内にある周囲のキャラク ターから、同様のコミュニケーションメニューを実行することも可能です。"
"『ゲーム内ヘルプ』について"
"『ゲーム内ヘルプ』について"
"ゲーム内ヘルプについてゲーム内ヘルプ機能の充実により何度でもチュートリアルテキストをゲーム内で見返す ことが可能になりました。メインメニューのゲーム内ヘルプから見たいメニューを選んで確認が可能です。スキ ップする場合は、で復帰することが可能です。"
"『トロフィー機能』について"
"『トロフィー機能』について"
"トロフィー機能について“PS Vita”ログイン証を持つプレイヤーはトロフィー機能に対応しています。トロフィーは、称号の条件とは別 に存在し、“PS Vita”ログイン証を持つアークスが「特定のエネミーの撃破」などの条件を満たすと達成することができま す。"
"“PS Vita”ログイン証をお持ちの際にトロフィー条件の判定がされ、達成の際にトロフィーを得ることが可能で す。“PC”版の進行度によって得られなくなるトロフィーはございません。"
"『チャットの始め方』について"
"『チャットの始め方』について"
"チャットの始め方について右下のチャットアイコンをタッチするとショートカット一覧が表示されます発言した いものを方向キーで選択して、で決定すると発言することができます。"
"自分のキャラクターをタッチするとショートログが表示され、チャットやシステムメッセージの履歴を確認する ことが可能です。もう一度自分をタッチすることでショートログを非表示にすることができます。"
"チャットアイコンをタッチすると、キーボードアイコンに変化します。キーボードアイコンをタッチすると、シ ステムキーボードが表示され、発言したい内容を自由入力することが可能になります。よく使用する候補や変換 候補も表示されます。また、チャットアイコンをロングタッチすることでもシステムキーボードを表示できます 。"
"吹き出しの変更や、カットインなどその他さまざまな設定については,で項目を切り替えることが できます。"
"漫符について吹き出しに効果を加えることができるのが「漫符」です。吹き出しと一緒に加える漫符を一覧の中 から選択します。1回の発言に付き1つまで付け加えることが出来ます。"
"カットインについて発言と同時にカットインを表示させることが出来ます。表情や角度を指定することで様々な バリエーションのカットインをつくることが可能です。"
"シンボルアートについてシンボルアートメニューで作成したシンボルアートを発言することが出来ます。作成し た一覧の中から発言したいシンボルアートをタッチして下さい。また、シンボルアートはショートカット一覧か らも発言することができます。"
"シンボルアートについてシンボルアートメニューで作成したシンボルアートを発言することが出来ます。作成し た一覧の中から発言したいシンボルアートをタッチして下さい。また、シンボルアートはショートカット一覧か らも発言することができます。"
"連続入力について「連続入力」をタッチすると、チャットの発言後も入力画面を閉じずにチャットの入力を続け ることが出来ます。"
"『シンボルアート』について"
"『シンボルアート』について"
"シンボルアートについてシンボルアートとは、チャットとして発言できる、複数の図形や文字などのパーツを組 み合わせた絵を指します。メインメニューのシステムからシンボルアートを選択することでシンボルアートを編 集することができます。ひとつのシンボルアートには225個のパーツが使えます。パーツを組み合わせて自分 だけのシンボルアートを作ってみましょう。"
"『操作設定』について"
"『操作設定』について"
"操作設定についてメインメニューから、システムのオプション内より、操作設定を行うことができます。操作タ イプの中から自分に合う操作を選択して下さい。 「カスタム」を選択することで自分好みのボタン設定に変更することもできます。 “PS Vita”と“PC”においての操作設定はお互いに保存する形となるため、それぞれのプラットフォームで設 定して頂くことになります。"
"『アイテムコード』について"
"『アイテムコード』について"
"アイテムコードについてアイテムコードとは、16ケタの英数字のパスコードで、ロビーに設置されている紫の 光を放つビジフォンから、アイテムコードを選択して、入力して頂くことで、対象のアイテムを1度だけ入手す ることができます。アイテムは倉庫に送られます。一度使用されたアイテムコードは、今後使用できません。ま た、アイテムコードには使用期限がありますので、ご注意ください。"
"『専用ブロック』と『共用ブロック』について"
"『専用ブロック』と『共用ブロック』について"
"専用ブロックと共用ブロックについて専用ブロックとは、特定のプラットフォームでのみログインできるブロッ クになります。専用ブロックには“PC”専用ブロックと“PS Vita”専用ブロックがあり、指定されているプラットフォームを使用しているユーザーのみログインするこ とができます。共用ブロックとは、“PC”ユーザーと“PS Vita”ユーザーのどちらもがログインできるブロックになります。"
"『ログイン証』について"
"『ログイン証』について"
"全アークスに対し、現在ログインしているプラットフォームを示す証が支給されます。クエストを受託する際に 、“PC”,“PS Vita”どちらかのログイン証が必要になる場合があります。現在所持しているログイン証を確認するには、 メインメニューのアイテムパックから、イベントアイテムを選ぶことで確認することが可能です。"
"予備画面"
"『キャラクターポートレート機能』について"
"『キャラクターポートレート機能』について"
"キャラクターポートレート機能についてマイキャラクターを仮想現実に投影するキャラクターポートレート機能 の使い方を説明します。"
"ビジフォンから、「ポートレート用データ保存」を選ぶと、現在のキャラクターの容姿をオフラインにセーブす ることができます。"
"タイトルメニューのキャラクターポートレートを起動しキャラクターをロードすることで、ポートレートモード を動作させることができます。"
"マイキャラクターと一緒に記念撮影を楽しんだり、自分好みに撮影をしてみましょう!"
"※もう少し操作説明してもいいかも"
"『トロ』と『クロ』について"
"『トロ』と『クロ』について"
"トロとクロについて大人気、トロとクロがやってきました。彼らの「おねがい」を聞いてみましょう。トロとク ロは、ショップエリア・モニュメント広場にいます。※“PS Vita”ログイン証を所持する アークスのみ話し掛けることができます。"
"トロとクロと仲良くなるとパートナーキャラクターとして呼びだすことができるようになります。パートナーキ ャラクターとして呼ぶことはログイン証を問わず可能です。"
"『現状』について"
"『現状』について"
"『現状』について説明します。惑星間を航行中であったキャンプシップが突如出現したダーカーにより、強引な 転送を受けました。これにより、キャンプシップは大破し、機能を停止。かろうじて繋がった通信を受け救助艦 が回収に向かっています。"
"ただし、救助艦への転送が行えるのは最奥エリアの回収ポイントだけです。また、艦が滞在できる時間も限られ ています。制限時間以内の到達を目指してください。なお、所在の解析を阻まれているため『クエスト情報』を 確認することはできません。"
"「バレンタインPt」について"
"「バレンタインPt」について説明します。火山洞窟の奥にナウラのケーキ屋が開店しているようです。そこを 目指して、既に数名のアークス達が向かっています。"
"突発的な事象に阻まれているアークス達を助けると、そのお礼として「バレンタインPt」が手に入ります。制 限時間以内に「バレンタインPt」を【214】ポイント集めるとクエストクリアとなります。"
"「バレンタインPt」を集め制限時間以内でのクリアを目指してください。"
"「ホワイトデーPt」について"
"「ホワイトデーPt」について浮遊大陸のどこかに、この時期限定のキュートなラッピーが、まれに集団で現れ るそうです。その噂を聞きつけた多くのアークス達がラッピーの持っている花を求めて、捜索に向かっています 。"
"道中にはトラブルがつきもの。突発的な事象や罠に阻まれているアークス達を助けるとそのお礼として「ホワイ トデーPt」が手に入ります。制限時間以内に「ホワイトデーPt」を【314】ポイント集め、クリアを目指 してください。"
[/spoiler-box]

I've been focusing on the story, so translating these hasn't really been on my radar.

I get you. But sometimes you have to realize you're not the only one who reads these. Also, I hate the transition from Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 - it felt out of place, and Kuna's arc felt like the beginning of Episode 2 to me. A Darker Den-based Falz Hunar fight complete with Arms and Elder fight for both Ch9 and 10 respectively would've flowed much better. Yet that's how they chose to move the story, so.... I cannot protest. I can only swallow my literary pride and move on.

When you're playing the game, you can skip tablets, you can not pay attention, or not watch all of the blue tablets. But translating it is down right painful; translating everything, all of the blue tablets, all of the orange tablets, things that have nothing to do with anything. It get's to be downright painful. If I were doing this as a job, I'd sit down and do it for the pay check. I look over all of the text in the story patch going, "Why would i do this to myself?". Chapters 0-2 are boring, but the story is just starting out Chapters 3-6 are painfully boring as you're just getting the pieces of the rod for no reason explained to the character at all. Chapter 7 is like, "o hey, it looks like something might happen". Chapter 8 is honestly pretty good, introducing Falz with the scene with Gettemhalt by the monument was pretty well done.

The problem is that it builds up the anticipation like, "Wait, what happens next? What happened to Zeno? What's the deal with the Dark Falz group?" And then they introduce the most boring, generic, lame idol character as the most obvious fan service to add to your harem. "Hey look, it's a cute idol girl who likes you and flits with you for no real reason at all". And then goes off on a random chrome dragon side thing which is exactly the same story in both chapter 9 and 10. The story wouldn't be bad if it at leas t had some context. What laboratory? What experiment? Whose doing the experiment? Whose in charge? Why were they conducting experiment? What was the purpose? How is relevant to anything? If there was a lab, can we go investigate it? And the answer was "no, let's just stand around the floating continent with the most boring drawn out dialog with no context what-so-ever". It would be a breeze to just play through and enjoy the game, but translating it, I'm just sitting in front of my computer going, "fuck you sega, just fuck you!" before curling up into a ball.

Renvalt
Jun 22, 2013, 10:25 AM
[spoiler-box]snip
[/spoiler-box]

I've been focusing on the story, so translating these hasn't really been on my radar.

If you wouldn't mind helping me syntax all of these later, I could throw them in Google Translate and then work on them. I have a Skype as well, so PM me for that.

When you're playing the game, you can skip tablets, you can not pay attention, or not watch all of the blue tablets. But translating it is down right painful; translating everything, all of the blue tablets, all of the orange tablets, things that have nothing to do with anything. It get's to be downright painful. If I were doing this as a job, I'd sit down and do it for the pay check. I look over all of the text in the story patch going, "Why would I do this to myself?".

Hence why I'm pursuing a job in that field. I could probably do it for a living if I had actual knowledge in Japanese. Which is what I intend to start doing this Fall.

Chapters 0-2 are boring, but the story is just starting out Chapters 3-6 are painfully boring as you're just getting the pieces of the rod for no reason explained to the character at all.

If, by Chapter 2 you mean Masked Man, then maybe, yeah. But if you mean Chapter 2 as in the Tundra bit... I actually like that one because atm it's the only place you can fight Falz Persona aside from the LQ. And for those reading, this was where he first appeared. He's TECHNICALLY the first of the Falz avatars to emerge.

Chapter 7 is like, "o hey, it looks like something might happen". Chapter 8 is honestly pretty good, introducing Falz with the scene with Gettemhalt by the monument was pretty well done.

To be honest, fighting Gettemhalt and then Falz Hunar RIGHT after was one of the best.... no, THE best fight of the entire episode. I felt that this was ultimately perfect, and they should've built off of that.

The problem is that it builds up the anticipation like, "Wait, what happens next? What happened to Zeno? What's the deal with the Dark Falz group?"

Well, the fact that A)Elder didn't know who Persona was, and B)Apprentice was the one introducing him makes me think that Zeno IS in fact dead, but he became the vessel for a fragment of the Profound Darkness (with Apprentice being the one who "infected" him). Which makes me think Elder would've either shrugged Echo off on that point or told her point blank - setting up the final battle QUITE nicely.

Especially since most of the dialogue in MB11's Tablets and the EX Chapter "APPARENTLY" assumes that you had fought Falz Elder; heck, Ch9 makes it seem like Casra survived - maybe they could've explained that had they followed the plot they had going!

And then they introduce the most boring, generic, lame idol character as the most obvious fan service to add to your harem. "Hey look, it's a cute idol girl who likes you and flits with you for no real reason at all". And then goes off on a random chrome dragon side thing which is exactly the same story in both chapter 9 and 10. The story wouldn't be bad if it at leas t had some context. What laboratory? What experiment? Whose doing the experiment? Whose in charge? Why were they conducting experiment? What was the purpose? How is relevant to anything? If there was a lab, can we go investigate it? And the answer was "no, let's just stand around the floating continent with the most boring drawn out dialog with no context what-so-ever". It would be a breeze to just play through and enjoy the game, but translating it, I'm just sitting in front of my computer going, "fuck you sega, just fuck you!" before curling up into a ball.

Yet if you paid attention to the Episode 2 Trailer, you see Kuna getting more involved with Aki and Casra (Aki being a Dragonkin Otaku), which makes me think that her chapters were intended to be the start of Episode 2. I mean, it also fits with PSO1 Ep2 - Sanctum being either VR Ruins or Spaceship, Vopar's Beach being the first area of Jungle.

Regarding the whole "Wannabe Miku Hatsune" shtick: one of my conspiracy theories is that the son of SEGA's head honcho, being the childish otaku he is, submitted this. Sakai protested, but his boss threatened him with being fired. Sakai therefore had no choice but to comply. But then he thought later "Hey, maybe this could tie into Episode 2! Maybe I can redeem myself!"

Also, before I go: I had a certain douchebag tell me that the above stated was completely false, although when I tried to prove otherwise I not only lacked proof to fight back, but ended up getting myself kicked from a team and had to withstand this guy's rant about how he "worked in the game industry and did jobs at E3". Which I can't really fight, but also feel like calling BS on.

I'd tell you who told me this, but I'm already in enough shit for inflaming half of Ship 2 as it is - I'd rather not make things worse.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 22, 2013, 10:43 AM
But... that pop star is motivating me to complete matterboards in the first place -_- guess I should do Zeno client orders now while I have the chance =)

Renvalt
Jun 22, 2013, 11:20 AM
But... that pop star is motivating me to complete matterboards in the first place -_- guess I should do Zeno client orders now while I have the chance =)

Which reminds me... They need to nerf the level reqs for MB2. Having to kill a Level 21 mob for an outdated weapon (by the time you actually get it) is absurd. Even IF the nodes aren't directly in the path of the Gold Nodes, they ARE actually useful weapons for that level (especially given that they're Ice element - useful as fuck for fighting the Dragonkin, especially Vol).

Also, maybe it's just me, but... why the heck do you have MB8's drops as a VH requirement when you don't even have the actual story quest end up that high anyways? I could see it maybe if you were doing your COs and stuff while hunting the drops, but it just doesn't fit to me.

EDIT - In fact, I'm gonna write up a draft on changes that I think are both feasible and make sense. I'll post that later, so look forward to it.