PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 4 pre-orders are live...

Zalana
Jun 11, 2013, 12:41 AM
Get yours before they are gone... I know YMMV for most places but, it went live today for most places for $399. Xbox one should be live as well.

Zalana
Jun 11, 2013, 01:19 PM
Only thing with pc gaming is that it is a small market compared to console gamers and most folks aren't keen on wanting to have to upgrade components aka video card after like 2-3 years.

shagia
Jun 11, 2013, 02:49 PM
I do hope I'm able to preorder it sooner or later, it's going to suck if it gets sold out.

Mantiskilla
Jun 11, 2013, 08:50 PM
Only thing with pc gaming is that it is a small market compared to console gamers and most folks aren't keen on wanting to have to upgrade components aka video card after like 2-3 years.

2-3 years? Nah get a card thats the price of these consoles coming out and you'll be set for the same life cycle as these next gen consoles. The thing is you hear about people upgrading periodically b/c a lot of hardcore PC gamers want to stay up to date with the latest and greatest.

The price points for the PS4 is great, but too bad the Xbox One should have been $400 but eh whatever. Sure I could preorder either system and pay it in full today if was interested, but I personally am done with the console era due to wanting to cut back on game purchasing. Sure I might get one way down the road, but otherwise I'll just put my purchasing to upgrading my PC and portable gaming. Besides PC can pretty much do all the things these upcoming consoles can do right now anyway.

By the way...I never quite got why they call these consoles "next gen" when pretty much every mutliplat next gen game also has the "coming to PC" attached to it. It's like these 3rd party companies know PC can output as much if not more, but don't really want to market it. Guess is just a media and company sales pitch

gigawuts
Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah, PC gaming is not actually expensive if you don't mind playing games on high settings - which are only merely better than consoles - it's ultra high that is ridiculously expensive, and saying PC gaming is expensive because of that is comparable to saying "cars are expensive, I mean look at the price tags on ferraris!". It's only initially expensive, the cheaper games more than cover the difference in price.

Also, did someone just say the PC gaming market is smaller than consoles?

I don't even...

Zalana
Jun 11, 2013, 09:53 PM
The customer base is smaller yes which is what I was referring to compared to console market customer base. True people could go out and build a PC that is more powerful than the consoles but, the 1st party developers aren't making titles for the PC either. I forgot the rest of what I was saying so hopefully that'll come back to thought shortly.