PDA

View Full Version : Best elements to focus on?

smilinreap
Jun 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
I picked the force and was wondering what is the best elements to focus on? I was considering lightning or dark.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
Fire and lightning are usually some of the most used elements, due to the better stuff in their parts of the skill tree.

o0Kais0o
Jun 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
On force I'd say lightning and fire, ice is pretty much a no go or atleast so I'm told. Techer though, I've barely levelled so I'm not too sure.

Kamekur
Jun 11, 2013, 02:10 PM
Fire, Lightning and Dark builds are currently required. Everything else is optional. You might want a 2nd tree for both Fo and Te to have Fire/Lightning builds and sub Te (with elemental weak hit, PP restorate, etc.)/Dark to optimize damage.

On a side note, keep in mind Fighter as a Force sub unless you need Dark or PP convert. The damage jump stances give is pretty high.

Shinamori
Jun 11, 2013, 02:13 PM
Light, Fire, and Lightning. These are the most common enemy weakness.
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enemy_1.php#nav

Fire Weakness
Natives
Rockbear
Rogbelt
Insect Darkers
Tundra Natives
Dagan Nero
Predicahda Nero
Gwanahda Nero
Dark Agrani

Lightning Weakness
Aquatic Darkers
Dahgash Nero
Alonagahda
Rigshrayda
Falz Hunar
Falz Arms
Falz Elder

Light Weakness
Darkers
Chrome Dragon
Falz Hunar
Falz Arms
Falz Elder
Haze Draal

Wind Weakness
Natives
Bantha Ong
Bantha Donna
Rockbear

Dark Weakness
Skyland Dragonkin
Sanctum Dragonkin
Vol Dragon
Burn Draal

Ice Weakness
Volcano Dragonkin
Vol Dragon
Burn Draal
Catadraal

Kamekur
Jun 11, 2013, 02:17 PM
Light, Fire, and Lightning. These are the most common enemy weakness.

Just because there are lots of enemies with weakness to light, it doesn't mean you should use light. Half of the darkers that are weak to light are weak to fire too, and the other half to lightning. Fighter sub gives roughly the same damage boost to light, too. Even so, if the darkers aren't weak to your element of choice, they die as fast or faster than using the "right" element, using either Fire or Lightning.

Also, light techs are often slow, and impractical. Unless you want to do a speedrun of GP like Shadowth117 did don't invest in it.

tl:dr Light is useful at Elder and has situational utilities, but it's not the way to go to do damage.

jooozek
Jun 11, 2013, 02:25 PM
lightning because cheap like hell techs with bolt pp save and zondeel damage

Kamekur
Jun 11, 2013, 02:31 PM
Actually, yeah, forgot to mention it. Lightning is the best universal option currently due to PP save and zondeel. It has great sustained damage on everything. I would recommend Dark as first build for Te too, since you're gonna have trouble with Sanctum TA without it. Elemental Weak Hit is just a 20% boost on enemies which have elemental weakness, so it's better if you shuffle between multiple builds.

tl:dr Force and Techer need multiple builds to be good everywhere. And those extra skill trees cost AC.
And that's why I don't play Force as much as Ranged or Melee.

smilinreap
Jun 11, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mkay, how long should I Wait before buying my 2nd tree with ac then? Also what is the best subclass for a force?

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
Multiple trees are only required if you really care about doing the best possible damage, you can play perfectly fine without buying extra trees.

Kamekur
Jun 11, 2013, 02:50 PM
Generally the best sub for Force is Fighter, though there are some quests that require TE skills (or dark build). As Ezo said, you can play just fine without them, but you can't maximize damage.

In general, if you are using Fire or Lightning, Fo/Fi is best (unless in Naberius II Time Attack quest, for example) The damage is greater than Fo/Te and you have knuckles to move faster (with knuckle gear, step attack repeatedly and use straight charge PA to boost yourself a bit)

If you need Dark (or PP restorate/PP convert/territory burst, like in Naberius II), Fo/Te is better.

By the way, you can get Full Fire/Dark Builds starting from level 34/31 Fo/Te (without nothing else, just reversal in the Techer tree)

On a side note: You can max both Elemental Weak Hit and both Dark Masteries if you give up points on PP restorate. You'll need PP convert to at least level 6 to be able to use dark techs with sustainability.

Also, shouldn't this kind of thread be moved to Gameplays, Guides and Walkthroughs?

Emp
Jun 11, 2013, 03:25 PM
Generally the best sub for Force is Fighter, though there are some quests that require TE skills (or dark build). As Ezo said, you can play just fine without them, but you can't maximize damage.

In general, if you are using Fire or Lightning, Fo/Fi is best (unless in Naberius II Time Attack quest, for example) The damage is greater than Fo/Te and you have knuckles to move faster (with knuckle gear, step attack repeatedly and use straight charge PA to boost yourself a bit)

If you need Dark (or PP restorate/PP convert/territory burst, like in Naberius II), Fo/Te is better.

By the way, you can get Full Fire/Dark Builds starting from level 34/31 Fo/Te (without nothing else, just reversal in the Techer tree)

On a side note: You can max both Elemental Weak Hit and both Dark Masteries if you give up points on PP restorate. You'll need PP convert to at least level 6 to be able to use dark techs with sustainability.

Also, shouldn't this kind of thread be moved to Gameplays, Guides and Walkthroughs?

You don't need dark techs at all. You can basically spam zonde and zondeel, and occasionally use foie/rafoie for kitties and grants for zesh's head and get by fairly well. Points in dark on TE tree is not really necessary. Only time I truly use dark techs is when I samegid Quartz's nose and Ramegid the Cater worm dudes.

Kamekur
Jun 11, 2013, 03:57 PM
Please try to do Sanctum TA as solo Lightning Fo/Fi. Then try again as solo Dark Fo/Te. Tell me how fast you are with both builds. Fo/Fi is insanely slower there.

IndigoNovember
Jun 11, 2013, 04:22 PM
If you have the meseta, a Potential Level 3 セイテンヘイセ (Seitenheise) alongside Bolt PP Save and TE's PP Restorate will give you the amount of PP you used per Zonde in the time it takes the Zonde to go off, essentially giving you infinite Zonde.

Just a random note.

Courina
Jun 11, 2013, 09:30 PM
used im thunder Force subbed with Buffer Techer build, but since extreme come (and their stage rules sometimes render one or two type of element useless) , im overhauling my build to Photon Flare Force with PP Support + Weak Element Advance Techer subbed.

so yeah , if there's no Extreme , i'd still say best element is Zonde from force , and Zan from Techer (but zan already as good as they are even without any skill).

Coatl
Jun 11, 2013, 09:33 PM
If you have the meseta, a Potential Level 3 セイテンヘイセ (Seitenheise) alongside Bolt PP Save and TE's PP Restorate will give you the amount of PP you used per Zonde in the time it takes the Zonde to go off, essentially giving you infinite Zonde.

Just a random note.

It's like 3 PP a zonde with that setup, counting the amount regained by PP charge revival. Not entirely free.

Dextro
Jun 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
since extreme come (and their stage rules sometimes render one or two type of element useless) , im overhauling my build to Photon Flare Force with PP Support + Weak Element Advance Techer subbed.

:no:
It's not too late to turn back

Courina
Jun 12, 2013, 12:16 AM
actually isnt as bad as ppl said, Photon Flare + Advance in practical word giving me back power of lv 20 Thunder mastery i used have as ThunderFreak... along with other tech get strenghened as well. just im admit 30 second duration compared 120 sec cooldown sorta tedious.

but yeah, im sorta curious how photon flare works actually... i get more than 300 T-atk increase (with Advance) when trigger it on.

and im still say zonde still op compared other element despite the nerf

LonelyGaruga
Jun 12, 2013, 01:21 AM
You'll need PP convert to at least level 6 to be able to use dark techs with sustainability.

Do you mean Fire?

Shambertin
Jun 12, 2013, 02:00 AM
in the techer tree dark is awesome. higher poison chance yes please im lv 31 techer and on a lv40 boss poison hits for like 5k but i think it does a fixed percentage, on lower lv bosses it does like 2k lol the lightning tree on force is a must i would say less costly zonde skill are so good and if and when you go techer get pp restore 1 maxed asap it gives 40% faster pp restore at lv10