PDA

View Full Version : questions for anyone

dreamzaver
Jun 11, 2013, 05:34 PM
1) if you have corrupted files in your PC will this effect the tweaker program and function to actually play PSO2? if so what are ways to find and get rid of these files?
2) could anyone assist me setting up everything after the install of PSO2?

i looked at too many ways on the internet and most of them left out something important that was shown in another video so now i am just stuck in a situation where should i go and seek another Computer (i have a 3 year-old compaq PC with LCD compaq monitor) or to just reinstall PSO2 and apply the PSO2 tweaker on it.

3) also an fyi i have wow installed would that be a factor to any of the loading of the program?

Sinue_v2
Jun 11, 2013, 06:42 PM
1) if you have corrupted files in your PC will this effect the tweaker program and function to actually play PSO2? if so what are ways to find and get rid of these files?
2) could anyone assist me setting up everything after the install of PSO2?

i looked at too many ways on the internet and most of them left out something important that was shown in another video so now i am just stuck in a situation where should i go and seek another Computer (i have a 3 year-old compaq PC with LCD compaq monitor) or to just reinstall PSO2 and apply the PSO2 tweaker on it.

3) also an fyi i have wow installed would that be a factor to any of the loading of the program?

Are the corrupt files from improper shutdowns and program terminations, or is your HDD just starting to randomly pop up corrupted sectors that's ruining your files? You should run chkdsk /f occasionally and keep an eye on the results to see if they're recurring. You might need a new HDD, but shouldn't need a whole new computer. If it's more a problem of your Windows bugging out because some of it's files are corrupted, you might be able to fix that with a simple repair install. Assuming that whatever corrupted the files in the first place was a outlier event and not a symptom of HDD failure. Run chkdsk afterwards anyhow, and keep an eye on how it behaves. If you still get corrupted files, but don't see an increase in bad sectors, it may be an issue with another component. Possibly your RAM, especially if you're getting other odd random behaviors and program crashes.

In any case, the first thing you should do is to open up your case and give the inside of it a good cleaning. Dust on your fans and components can cause overheating issues, especially in the summer and if it's humid out. Overheat errors and crashes can cause file corruption as well.

I don't think corrupted files will affect the performance of the launcher, especially if you're not having issues with other games. WoW certainly wouldn't affect it, but if you have any anti-virus or firewall programs running on your PC, you might have to go in and manually make exceptions for PSO2. GameGuard has a bad habit of being identified as a Trojan or other virus/spyware and your launcher may be quarantined. If that happens, you'll have to go into your virus vault and restore the quarantined items relating to PSO2 and/or GameGuard - and then set the program to ignore odd behavior from those files in the future.

dreamzaver
Jun 12, 2013, 12:02 AM
well i just went to the link of tweaker thread and my corrupted files are fix and i am now downloading the PSO2 installer and according to the utorrent program the download will take 23 mins which is awesome ty AIDA and sinue you guys are going to make me a happy guy :)

dreamzaver
Jun 12, 2013, 12:06 AM
err wait thats elapsed time oops might take longer than