PDA

View Full Version : opinions on datamined info

thematesV2
Jun 13, 2013, 04:16 PM
Hey fellow Phantasy Starisians.

I was just thinking it would be interesting to test the waters here.

to see what people felt about datamined info, and how they felt that it changed their feelings towards the game post-update.

Requiem Aeternam
Jun 13, 2013, 04:46 PM
To be honest the datamined info doesn't really change my feelings on the game. Sure it's nice to know what will be coming in future but none of the outfits have been worth saving meseta for (at least for me).

blace
Jun 13, 2013, 04:49 PM
New classes are nice and all, but they're really only delaying output of content.

Sure the Braver class looks like it may be fun, but that will decline over time as with the hype over the new classes.

supersonix9
Jun 13, 2013, 11:44 PM
New classes are nice and all, but they're really only delaying output of content.

Sure the Braver class looks like it may be fun, but that will decline over time as with the hype over the new classes.

What? The new classes have been pretty much the biggest addition to the core gameplay due to the increase in weapon diversity. What other content could they add that is more crucial to the game's development (in terms of gameplay)?

Syklo
Jun 13, 2013, 11:48 PM
What? The new classes have been pretty much the biggest addition to the core gameplay due to the increase in weapon diversity. What other content could they add that is more crucial to the game's development (in terms of gameplay)?
S4-League -style acrobatics and more parkour.
And multi-layered maps with more interaction (e.g. swinging by the underside of floating continent platforms)

blace
Jun 13, 2013, 11:49 PM

The other three classes that were brought in brought in diversity, Braver so far is more keep away and the weapons and PA's do just that. It's a playstyle that can take time to get down sure, but both weapons doing the same in design I don't see much point in that.

We have Gunners that is forced to play mid to close range with their PAs, Techers with their wands that limit them to mostly close range if you have the gear and Fighter with three weapon types that focus solely on close combat.

I know they're only showing a few of the PAs with the weapons for suspense, but I honestly see them being almost the same.

And multi-layered maps with more interaction (e.g. swinging by the underside of floating continent platforms)
Wall jumps out the ass.

Edit: Actually, if there was ever a PvP mode. I kind of want it to be a TD styled map with everything S4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WihZQ9Ga5uQ

supersonix9
Jun 13, 2013, 11:59 PM
The other three classes that were brought in brought in diversity, Braver so far is more keep away and the weapons and PA's do just that. It's a playstyle that can take time to get down sure, but both weapons doing the same in design I don't see much point in that.

We have Gunners that is forced to play mid to close range with their PAs, Techers with their wands that limit them to mostly close range if you have the gear and Fighter with three weapon types that focus solely on close combat.

I know they're only showing a few of the PAs with the weapons for suspense, but I honestly see them being almost the same.

Fair enough.

I can see multi-layered maps as quite possible, but that would require effort on SEGA's part, yes? We can only wish for now.

Zenobia
Jun 14, 2013, 12:16 AM

Wall jumps out the ass.

Edit: Actually, if there was ever a PvP mode. I kind of want it to be a TD styled map with everything S4.
s4 league- trick ST1 - ST2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WihZQ9Ga5uQ)

IDC what anyone says S4 League is the shit lol we dash maneuvers like that in this game wall jumps would just be a welcomed extra.

BlankM
Jun 14, 2013, 01:20 AM
A lot of things have me interested, but its pretty slow for my tastes. For one the weapon customization update doesn't come until December...and of course as always there are no details on how that will work out at the moment.

MetalDude
Jun 14, 2013, 01:33 AM
No real evidence of quest content getting any better or less RNG-based is disappointing. Even just one Endless Nightmare-style quest for every area would be a tremendous improvement.

Macman
Jun 14, 2013, 01:41 AM
>Look at datamined material
"Oh, more stuff I'll never see, let alone get. Move along"