PDA

View Full Version : death

smilinreap
Jun 13, 2013, 07:55 PM
Do you lose exp or mesta like in old phantasy stars?

The Walrus
Jun 13, 2013, 07:58 PM
Nope.

Syklo
Jun 13, 2013, 08:09 PM
You may lose respect.

shagia
Jun 13, 2013, 08:13 PM
I don't think I can really say much since I'm only level 23, but am I the only one who thinks the game might be a bit too forgiving because you don't lose EXP or Meseta when you die? I could be forgetting to account the random Emergency Codes where pretty much anything can happen..

(hah, two different Emergency Codes happening at the same time!)

You may lose respect.

oh god, toooooo true, ahhahah

Scarlet-Star
Jun 13, 2013, 08:15 PM
No, but you do lose a Moon/Atomizer, revive from the total run.

MetalDude
Jun 13, 2013, 08:16 PM
Well, the "BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP." gets extremely grating, but otherwise no.

Coatl
Jun 13, 2013, 08:43 PM
I think I am the only person ever to be killed by a nab rappy.

Walkure
Jun 13, 2013, 08:48 PM
No, but you do lose a Moon/Atomizer, revive from the total run.
And it's unlikely for that to really matter unless someone is dying immensely often. If that happens, revive them after the fight or when someone else dies.

The only way to really have a party wipe is for everyone to die from one attack simultaneously. Running out of resources is almost never a problem.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/bRsxw5A.jpg

Even in, like, Darker nest with people who are new to VH, deaths rarely exceed 5 in even terrible, terrible runs.[/SPOILER-BOX]

LordShade
Jun 13, 2013, 09:02 PM
If your forced to return to the campship on a solo run, you lose the chance to achieve S-rank. So in respect you do lose something, which is valuable time.

strikerhunter
Jun 13, 2013, 09:05 PM
The only death penalty is that you can't receive any exp while dead.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 13, 2013, 09:10 PM
There's also the penalty of dying on a solo run at the boss and losing the ability to finish the run.

Exiled_Gundam
Jun 13, 2013, 09:23 PM
The only death penalty is that you can't receive any exp while dead.
which is very frustrating when you fought against DF Arms/Elder with 75% EXP boost activated and didn't get to be revived before the boss die

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
which is very frustrating when you fought against DF Arms/Elder with 75% EXP boost activated and didn't get to be revived before the boss die

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. It feels even worse when you revive the dead, fall over dead and then Falz dies two seconds later. Needless to say it's happened to me a few times.

Syklo
Jun 13, 2013, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. It feels even worse when you revive the dead, fall over dead and then Falz dies two seconds later. Needless to say it's happened to me a few times.
One time, I was killed before the moon atomiser kicked in
in other words, i revived myself as well.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 13, 2013, 10:00 PM

That happened to me during a cross burst. I ended up lagging to such an incredible degree that I miraculously survived afterwards as well. I haven't done anything like that since then though.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 14, 2013, 06:05 AM

Sometimes abilities go too slow it should be instant revive with no rooting same for mates. They need to get rid of in combat speed altogether and just have the regular speed. It's annoying releasing the LT button and getting hit after releasing it. That's some seconds charging, release, then additional time for a stupid animation spell or attack should be instant.

Meji
Jun 14, 2013, 06:09 AM
I think I am the only person ever to be killed by a nab rappy.Respect < 0

~Aya~
Jun 14, 2013, 06:24 AM
I never die. Am 2gud mlg pro status paid 2 play... asian.. anyone have a cookie for me yet?

Syklo
Jun 14, 2013, 06:45 AM
I never die. Am 2gud mlg pro status paid 2 play... asian.. anyone have a cookie for me yet?
No, cuz you said asian.
Asians get rice, not cookies.

Gama
Jun 14, 2013, 08:28 AM

LIES!

Code: clone

Killed by a giant rappy with a huge red sword.

RagolianHunter
Jun 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
I have like 233,789 deaths. That's tough right?

Dnd
Jun 14, 2013, 11:14 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/7168/ct42.jpg

The only real penalty for being killed is when in a boss arena you cant go back to it and fail the quest :3, trust me, i know ._.

Sinue_v2
Jun 14, 2013, 07:37 PM
No, cuz you said asian.
Asians get rice, not cookies.

They make Rice Cookies, but they're Persian... not asian. So if you eat one, the terrorists win.

https://secure.gotethnicfoods.com/GotEthnicFoods/pictures/Regular/PSBB004.jpg

Arrow
Jun 14, 2013, 07:49 PM

NO YOU DID NOT GET KILLED BY A NAB RAPPY!

YOU GOT KILLED BY THE NINJA SERIAL KILLER NAB RAPPY THAT KILLS ARKS.

like me.