PDA

View Full Version : HQ version of ep2 trailer

Alisha
Jun 14, 2013, 02:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vIuE9tYJM

blace
Jun 14, 2013, 02:16 AM
Echo takes up Hunter. Huh, I wonder what motivated her to do that.

jooozek
Jun 14, 2013, 02:18 AM
http://pso2.jp/ep2/
the ep2 subpage

Alisha
Jun 14, 2013, 02:29 AM
i just noticed that the name they gave the male dewman when creating him is Hyuga D:

blace
Jun 14, 2013, 03:10 AM
He was and was a dewman in PSP2i.

I didn't catch the name of the female dewman though, probably Nagisa.

Maronji
Jun 14, 2013, 03:53 AM
He was and was a dewman in PSP2i.

I didn't catch the name of the female dewman though, probably Nagisa.

Bingo!

I'd give you a cookie for getting it right, but I ate it (hey, I was hungry).

blace
Jun 14, 2013, 03:57 AM
I'd probably care about the cookie, but sweets aren't my thing at 3am.

redroses
Jun 14, 2013, 05:16 AM
Those new bird darkers look so weird and very different from the other two darker versions we have. I do like how they look though, quite interesting and creative designs in my opinion.

Can't wait to create a duman!

Gama
Jun 14, 2013, 08:29 AM
Those new bird darkers look so weird and very different from the other two darker versions we have. I do like how they look though, quite interesting and creative designs in my opinion.

Can't wait to create a duman!

me tooooo! already got the outfit for my new kid dewman! :D

also i wonder will other classes get the new dewman eye paterns/hayrstyles/ and whatnot?

also wonder if you can choose the color of the lines in their black outfits....

Gardios
Jun 14, 2013, 09:06 AM
Echo takes up Hunter. Huh, I wonder what motivated her to do that.

Didn't she mention that as long as Zeno is away, she's going to take his place? I can't find a video of the dialogue...

It's kind of funny that she's doing the same as Zeno, becoming a hunter even though her photons are more suited for another class. If Zeno does return as a Braver, Echo might become a Techer a new striking/teching class.

Zorafim
Jun 14, 2013, 09:12 AM
There wasn't a single thing in that trailer I didn't like.

Also, Echo's outfit. Very nice.

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 09:25 AM
Didn't she mention that as long as Zeno is away, she's going to take his place? I can't find a video of the dialogue...

It's kind of funny that she's doing the same as Zeno, becoming a hunter even though her photons are more suited for another class. If Zeno does return as a Braver, Echo might become [S]a Techer a new striking/teching class.[/SPOILER-box]

(boxed because [s] tags break in regular spoiler)

I eagerly await this. I'm thinking, maybe they'll add another hybrid base class when they add another race. Maybe beasts? It's hard to say. I mean, Wopal looks like it's all beach, without any traces of anything that even slightly resembles a jungle off on the horizon - which is exactly what they've made a point to do in every previous level. In forest you see the mountains where tundra is, in forest and tundra you see the tree in ruins. In desert you see pits and holes into the dark abyss beneath the surface where the mines are, and in the caves & amduscia campship you see the floating islands. About the only thing you can't see from another level so far is sanctum, since it seems to consist entirely of floating blocks instead of being on one of the islands - which suggests to me they hadn't planned that far ahead or fully fleshed out the idea when they originally created caves.

So that suggests to me that either jungle, which I'm fully confident they WILL add eventually (probably next), may not even be on Wopal. Or maybe it is and it's just not visible from the beach level, and that fact is completely meaningless and I'm reading too much into how far Sega plans ahead. Or they didn't want it on the horizon for some reason, or it is but they just haven't really shown it on camera yet because it's only in one far off direction.

Ezodagrom
Jun 14, 2013, 09:30 AM
(boxed because [s] tags break in regular spoiler)

I eagerly await this. I'm thinking, maybe they'll add another hybrid base class when they add another race. Maybe beasts? It's hard to say. I mean, Wopal looks like it's all beach, without any traces of anything that even slightly resembles a jungle off on the horizon - which is exactly what they've made a point to do in every previous level. In forest you see the mountains where tundra is, in forest and tundra you see the tree in ruins. In desert you see pits and holes into the dark abyss beneath the surface where the mines are, and in the caves & amduscia campship you see the floating islands. About the only thing you can't see from another level so far is sanctum, since it seems to consist entirely of floating blocks instead of being on one of the islands - which suggests to me they hadn't planned that far ahead or fully fleshed out the idea when they originally created caves.

So that suggests to me that either jungle, which I'm fully confident they WILL add eventually (probably next), may not even be on Wopal. Or maybe it is and it's just not visible from the beach level, and that fact is completely meaningless and I'm reading too much into how far Sega plans ahead. Or they didn't want it on the horizon for some reason, or it is but they just haven't really shown it on camera yet because it's only in one far off direction.
From what was found through datamining, there's 3 new areas mentioned there (including the coast area). The other 2 are a 3rd area for Lillipa, and one that is mentioned as seabed.
I think it's likely that these 2 are the ones that will be released in September and November.

The Walrus
Jun 14, 2013, 10:19 AM
Oh my god they're fighting that boss on a raft with turrets...

ty sega ;.;

Zyrusticae
Jun 14, 2013, 10:19 AM
http://pso2.jp/ep2/
the ep2 subpage
I KNEW IT.

There's a third, greyed-out tab that refers to system updates. I fully expect to see a good amount of stuff in that tab when they release that information.

But of course, I'm not getting my expectations too high. This is SEGA, after all. :nerd:

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 10:22 AM
Surely they would have that tab regardless of what they do.

Zyrusticae
Jun 14, 2013, 10:23 AM
Well, naturally.

Is it just me, or do the new bosses look waaaay better than any of the existing bosses art-wise?

Gama
Jun 14, 2013, 10:27 AM
i hope they aply the day time -> night time on all the other areas.

but if the game is being a sucess, sega says it is so might be true.

it should get better to keep their playerbase.

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 10:32 AM
I'm really completely torn. On the one hand, the de rol le feels like an uninspired knockoff and hollow gesture to try to grab the attention of PSO fans, but then on the other hand reinterpretations are part of what I love about PS and I'm fully aware that a large portion of what I liked about PS in the first place was itself a reinterpretation.

I guess I'm just disenfranchised by what they say they're doing or are trying to do, compared to the way in which they're doing it, or in spite of what they could be doing to really improve the game. Like, the new stuff is nice, but isn't what's needed to make the game great, and will of course just become more stuff we repeatedly go through like everything else already is. Extra layers of things to do don't really address the replayability that everything could have if given proper attention, because they're either ignoring it out of arrogance or aren't even aware of it.

I sound bitter and am needlessly bringing the thread down, so...sorry about that.

That said, the day/night cycle sounds pretty great, and is leaning towards the kind of replayability I say the game needs. We'll see if it winds up being a great addition, or just them cutting content into halves.

jooozek
Jun 14, 2013, 10:32 AM
pretty sure that grayed out thing will be mini room and midget partners

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 10:38 AM
Oh, I'm also curious about the miniroom.

Free players really need SOME access to the room feature. Something to customize in their off hours, or dump a single piece of furniture in here and then to free up item slots. This needs to be available to everyone very, very badly. Free players shouldn't get full access to what paying players have, of course, but free players should get at least something.

Having a tiny room that you can't expand, that becomes a potential fourth room for paying players would be great. Especially if they fully expand on the concept of additional rooms and let you rearrange their placement, letting you put the entrance on one of the side rooms or shuffle them around so they form an L shape, who knows.

Nothing's changed with rooms since launch, there are tons of customization features they could have. And this is coming from someone that doesn't even really care for rooms.

Ezodagrom
Jun 14, 2013, 10:41 AM
Episode 2 is going to give all players a Mini Room; it’s basically a free version of “My Room” with some limitations. So far they’ve only revealed that the mini room supports less room items than the regular version.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-arks-bingo-and-web-panel-rewards/

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 10:42 AM
Super.

I guess I should go back to fully reading these update pages before speculating about what the game needs, Sega most definitely does beat me to the punch on a few things.

blace
Jun 14, 2013, 11:04 AM

It's kind of funny that she's doing the same as Zeno, becoming a hunter even though her photons are more suited for another class. If Zeno does return as a Braver, Echo might become [s]a Techer a new striking/teching class.[/spoiler-box]
I figured it was something like from that one thread showing his face being greyed out.

I never got into that part of the story and am now curious.

pikachief
Jun 14, 2013, 02:24 PM
I just now saw this, but is that Slicers, shields, and De Rol Le?

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 02:49 PM
It's katanas with sheathes, katanas that don't look like katanas with sheathes that look like shields, and bows.

Looks like they're bringing back sword and shield weapons as skins for katanas. Which is probably why they gave them just guard - it lets them do a two in one setup.

NoiseHERO
Jun 14, 2013, 02:57 PM
I miss PSZ shields and slicers...

Giant shurikens and That shield riding PA where you grind across the floor.... so rad...

Valimer
Jun 14, 2013, 03:25 PM
I'm really completely torn. On the one hand, the de rol le feels like an uninspired knockoff and hollow gesture to try to grab the attention of PSO fans, but then on the other hand reinterpretations are part of what I love about PS and I'm fully aware that a large portion of what I liked about PS in the first place was itself a reinterpretation.

I guess I'm just disenfranchised by what they say they're doing or are trying to do, compared to the way in which they're doing it, or in spite of what they could be doing to really improve the game. Like, the new stuff is nice, but isn't what's needed to make the game great, and will of course just become more stuff we repeatedly go through like everything else already is. Extra layers of things to do don't really address the replayability that everything could have if given proper attention, because they're either ignoring it out of arrogance or aren't even aware of it.

I sound bitter and am needlessly bringing the thread down, so...sorry about that.

That said, the day/night cycle sounds pretty great, and is leaning towards the kind of replayability I say the game needs. We'll see if it winds up being a great addition, or just them cutting content into halves.

I def agree with you, I think what you're saying is true. It's great they are adding more assets and content, but they also need to fix and add game play mechanics and features as well. An example being enemy AI.

I'm not really involved with the economy in game so I don''t know what goes on there or what needs to be changed.

Valimer
Jun 14, 2013, 03:28 PM
Oh hey, I didn't read the entire thread but what's with the halfling sized partner buddies you can make?

Ezodagrom
Jun 14, 2013, 03:50 PM
Oh hey, I didn't read the entire thread but what's with the halfling sized partner buddies you can make?

Support partners are like Partner Machinery (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/06/130612a.html) from Phantasy Star Universe except this time you can set their race, gender, physical appearance, name, and class. There’s also a customization menu that lets them equip weapons, clothes, units, and weapon camos. They can assist with client orders even while the player is offline. Depending on their results, they can gain EXP, and even level up.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-arks-bingo-and-web-panel-rewards/

I def agree with you, I think what you're saying is true. It's great they are adding more assets and content, but they also need to fix and add game play mechanics and features as well. An example being enemy AI.
Apparently enemies will have modified behaviours or new attacks in super hard mode, but dunno if it'll only be for a few enemies or if it'll be for all of them (I hope that it'll be for all of them, some enemies really need new attacks).

SakuRei
Jun 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
Hmm PSO2 Episode 2...

Oh... Episode 2, dumans, new class, weapons etc. quite nice (o ^w^)-b

*deep inside my mind*

*internal girly scream*
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/stdaniel_004/KondouBL_zps36674d80.png (http://s425.photobucket.com/user/stdaniel_004/media/KondouBL_zps36674d80.png.html)

MoonlightMyau
Jun 14, 2013, 11:31 PM
Well this all looks very good.

I'm a bit too excited to elaborate.

Alisha
Jun 15, 2013, 12:35 AM
looks more like barba ray than de rol le

Coatl
Jun 15, 2013, 01:05 AM
looks more like barba ray than de rol le

Same difference. :I

blace
Jun 15, 2013, 01:08 AM
Didn't De Rol Le exist before Barba Ray? Isn't Barba Ray a VR boss?

Then it's settled, De Rol Le.

Sandmind
Jun 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
Yes, Barba Ray was a simulation of how De Rol Le could had evolved had it found it's way out to the sea, instead of being stuck in the caves.

Niris
Jun 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
Curious to see how tha katana works out and if it will be at all attainable.