PDA

View Full Version : Plain and simple, looking for some help ; __ ;

Sandrokun
Jun 14, 2013, 09:57 AM
Hey guys, like it says I'm looking for some help, specifically it's with beating the vol dragon and antlion bosses for getting the fighter class. Would anyone be willing to help me out with these two?

I play on ship02.

HIT0SHI
Jun 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
As said above, if you want us to help you we need your Player ID's name or Character's name.

My Player ID and character name is: HIT0SHI

AgemFrostMage
Jun 14, 2013, 01:26 PM
Hey guys, like it says I'm looking for some help, specifically it's with beating the vol dragon and antlion bosses for getting the fighter class. Would anyone be willing to help me out with these two?

I play on ship02.

I would suggests get an NPC team member to be sucked in (preferably a ranger to double as a weak bullet) while it attacks NPC you take out arms and expose its belly to hit. I'd suggests you switch to force and gigrants his belly and arms (safoie if you have the money) but that clearly isn't an option here since it's hunter. I would recommend using wired lances on guwanahda but I remember needing wired lances for Vol Dragon and needs different weapons. How I did it was use the swinging PA on the Vol Dragon's nose, and was much easier than fighting Vol Dragon as force because force needs to charge and by the time a charge happens it turns and wings get in the way so is too late to hit the weak points.

Guwanahda is much harder on hunter than force because of the sucking move, and when it spits out an arm can hit you, causing fail. It happens once to me as a careless force, never again!

I had to use 3 moon atomizers for a hunter who joined my Vol Dragon quest and they were higher leveled so I can understand the difficulty. Some like to attack and be careless but there's a time to wait and a time to strike. Maybe volcano level should be switched to much later since he's still the toughest boss? Tundra cats are a close second but with reflexes aren't a problem, just keep camera on them and dodge, but those cats are beyond the scope of the topic. Safoie is my preferred method against them and I have resta and rafoie near each other on the subpallete in that battle.

Vol Dragon nose also takes longest to break and I never broke the back horn.

Sandrokun
Jun 14, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hey guys, sorry, was taking a nap. My character's name is reign, if not my id is under Lunis. I was trying vol dragon earlier today and I thought I was doing pretty decent with a full cadre of npcs as backup/fodder, but he still got me with his body slam doing over 400 damage to me.

Though I was a bit weary about taking npcs with me, don't I have to deliver the killing blow using wired lances to him and it doesn't count if an npc kills him?

I'll go ahead and jump on now though

Edit: I'm currently in lobby B-202 if anyone's up to it now.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 14, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, sorry, was taking a nap. My character's name is reign, if not my id is under Lunis. I was trying vol dragon earlier today and I thought I was doing pretty decent with a full cadre of npcs as backup/fodder, but he still got me with his body slam doing over 400 damage to me.

Though I was a bit weary about taking npcs with me, don't I have to deliver the killing blow using wired lances to him and it doesn't count if an npc kills him?

I'll go ahead and jump on now though

Edit: I'm currently in lobby B-202 if anyone's up to it now.

That is when you time your jump, then it doesn't hit you. When he flies make sure you are under his tail because he breaths high damage fire then reverts to original. Hit the tail a few times when he isn't armored, then stop and wait for full armor. Aim for the nose otherwise when he has less than full armor.

Sandrokun
Jun 14, 2013, 03:09 PM
That is when you time your jump, then it doesn't hit you. When he flies make sure you are under his tail because he breaths high damage fire then reverts to original. Hit the tail a few times when he isn't armored, then stop and wait for full armor. Aim for the nose otherwise when he has less than full armor.

I've also noticed when using my ice wired lances it freezes him to the ground ever so often, but I can't really count on that given it doesn't work all the time.

~Aya~
Jun 14, 2013, 03:17 PM
Very nice of frostmage.to give advice.. but someone go help this guy lol >.>

Zenobia
Jun 14, 2013, 03:27 PM

He doesn't do thw Flaming Fireball of doom from the sky on normal difficulty he only does that on Hard and VH difficulty.

Sandrokun
Jun 14, 2013, 09:19 PM
He doesn't do thw Flaming Fireball of doom from the sky on normal difficulty he only does that on Hard and VH difficulty.

But it IS the hard mode boss I'm fighting, these bosses have to be lvl21+ remember?

Sizustar
Jun 14, 2013, 10:10 PM
But it IS the hard mode boss I'm fighting, these bosses have to be lvl21+ remember?

Try asking in B-20, if someone is free, they can generally help you.
ANd NPC is fine, I don't think you have to deal the final blow with the weapon requirement, just not switch weapon during the mission.

Syklo
Jun 14, 2013, 10:20 PM
you only need to have the wep equipped when it is killed.
by anyone.

Sandrokun
Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
Well, finaly beat vol dragon, now I just have gwaha to beat

Done and Done! Gotta give thanks to mage for the advice on vol dragon, thanks again guys!