PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else displeased with the BB sword camo?

Skyly HUmar
Jun 14, 2013, 12:02 PM
So the wiki states that it only drops from the rare BB boss. I was looking forward to getting a nice looking skin for kagu, tbh i actually dislike how all of the 10*+ swords look exept for the Dslayer and Ely-sion, so.... yeah, anyone else not happy that they made one of the new camos a LOLrarebossrareitem?

Shinmarizu
Jun 14, 2013, 12:07 PM
It's because Sega wants you to keep fighting him. Also because they are intentionally propagating the market with a chaser item.

Yes, I am not happy.

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
I loved it until I saw it had a texture resolution worse than the DC version's weapons and was sized so disproportionately that the handle didn't even reach the second hand.

Shinmarizu
Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 PM
They can't scale or skin weapons properly now? *facepalm* gg Sega....

blace
Jun 14, 2013, 12:16 PM
Weapon scaling was already a problem. Most swords I used don't even have the hands on the handle properly.

The textures I'm not surprised with.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 14, 2013, 12:18 PM
meh, i still prefer that over kagu, the sword is hella ugly imo. But im definantly selling that skin if i ever find one lol. its running for 45-50m on ship 10 last I checked.

The Walrus
Jun 14, 2013, 12:28 PM
Saw it for 31mil last night

Gardios
Jun 14, 2013, 12:42 PM
Do the twin mechguns drop from the normal version?

Natsu Nem
Jun 14, 2013, 12:51 PM

It does, I was one of the first ones to get it.

gravityvx
Jun 14, 2013, 01:03 PM

Quick question, what body parts did you break? Wondering if there are conditions for it to drop.

HIT0SHI
Jun 14, 2013, 01:42 PM
Quick question, what body parts did you break? Wondering if there are conditions for it to drop.

You can break the legs and destroy the nuclear bomb before he activates it as far as i know.

EvilMag
Jun 14, 2013, 01:48 PM
I think its pretty stupid how just fucking skins have terrible drop rates. >_>

gravityvx
Jun 14, 2013, 03:24 PM
You can break the legs and destroy the nuclear bomb before he activates it as far as i know.

In normal I'm able to break his arms and legs, which is why I'm curious.

Zenobia
Jun 14, 2013, 03:30 PM

Hardly I saw those mech guns in the camo shop during server up time when new content was in. No you weren't the first to get it.

suzaku0zero0
Jun 14, 2013, 10:32 PM
So, not worth the time to farm for the sword camo?

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2013, 10:35 PM
Hardly I saw those mech guns in the camo shop during server up time when new content was in. No you weren't the first to get it.

"one of the first" ≠ "the first"

and, you should really stop jumping down people's throats like you've been doing. For real. :/

Skyly HUmar
Jun 14, 2013, 10:43 PM

Depends, if you want it, if youre doing the mission anyway, and if you got nothing else to do, it may be worth it.

Rien
Jun 14, 2013, 11:03 PM
I'm disappointed because this is the only sword camo.

The Walrus
Jun 14, 2013, 11:37 PM
They need to stop being lazy and release more camos.

Hell they could make camos for all the nacht weapons and others like it.

MetalDude
Jun 15, 2013, 12:00 AM
Camos should have been like other systems where you can just use any weapon (type respective of course). It was stupid to limit it to these specific designs. I was looking forward to using Photon Launcher all the time.

HIT0SHI
Jun 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
What SEGA should do, is allow us to use multiple camos per weapon type.

Ex: TMG camo and Sword camo

TaigaUC
Jun 15, 2013, 12:09 AM
Most weapons don't sit in the hands properly. I've seen old JP reviews laughing at that fact. And yeah, the texture resolutions are horribly inconsistent.

I think it's pretty stupid that everything has terrible drop rates. Finally got my first Elder Fist drop on my hunter, after half a year of Falzing almost every day and an assload of rare drop increase equipment and tickets. It's my second Elder Fist drop out of all four of my characters, the first having also dropped less than a week ago. Shame I don't need it anymore. Still haven't seen the common talisman fan that everyone seemed to have, either.

And yes, pretty much everybody agrees that the weapon camo system is god awful. The fact that you can only equip one at a time is even more stupid. The only classes that stick to a single weapon for long periods of time are probably Force and Techer.

Those who are desperate for a sword camo may want to wait for the zodiac one to rear its ugly head. Just hope it's not tied to a stupid looking sign. Episode 2 will be out before then, though.

Coatl
Jun 15, 2013, 12:14 AM

Eh, I can't answer that. But the limited quest is definitely your go-to to power leveling. Once we get bravers, I'm heading straight there.

EvilMag
Jun 15, 2013, 12:21 AM
Isn't the mission going away when we first get Ep2?

MetalDude
Jun 15, 2013, 12:30 AM
August 7th, I believe. Reward week is July 10th-17th which is the week preceding EP2.

Courina
Jun 15, 2013, 02:23 AM
yes, im displeases with how hard to get them http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Courius/Emo/Angry.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Courius/media/Emo/Angry.gif.html)

whut? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Courius/Emo/WOOT.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Courius/media/Emo/WOOT.gif.html) IM GOIN FARM HIM RIGHTAWAY http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Courius/Emo/yeaaah.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Courius/media/Emo/yeaaah.gif.html)

Rien
Jun 15, 2013, 02:27 AM
Most weapons don't sit in the hands properly. I've seen old JP reviews laughing at that fact. And yeah, the texture resolutions are horribly inconsistent.

IIRC Elder Pain is the worst offender of this.

Macman
Jun 15, 2013, 02:36 AM
I'm more disappointed how goddamn rare the mechgun camo is. I was so looking forward to making my Lambda Ares Vis not look like a fucking kid's toy but NOPE, PAY 5 MILLION BIATCH CUZ YOU TOTALLY AIN'T GETTIN ONE WITH THE RATE WE PUT ON IT.

Mysterious-G
Jun 15, 2013, 07:22 AM
If the camo dropped easily, people would stop caring for Cougar and just spam the mission for its common spawning of bosses. That can't be what SEGA wants for an event like this.

If Cougar dropped actual high-tier weapons or units, people would complain that they are only there for a limited amount of time and hard to get as well.

I think they went for the best option here, personally.

Zenobia
Jun 15, 2013, 07:29 AM
"one of the first" ≠ "the first"

and, you should really stop jumping down people's throats like you've been doing. For real. :/

No im not jumping down ppls throats at all but you can stop assuming though also if it was more descriptive and not sound so misleading then yeah and you're not doing a very good job of making it very clear yourself.

I don't understand why you're so protective and I don't see how my comment was rude as you make it out to be.

Syklo
Jun 15, 2013, 07:35 AM
None of these camo's look interesting.

Like others have said, we should be able to use EXISTING weapons (and/or units) as reskins

Skyly HUmar
Jun 15, 2013, 12:16 PM
If the camo dropped easily, people would stop caring for Cougar and just spam the mission for its common spawning of bosses. That can't be what SEGA wants for an event like this.

If Cougar dropped actual high-tier weapons or units, people would complain that they are only there for a limited amount of time and hard to get as well.

I think they went for the best option here, personally.

I think they did a lousy job like they always do, the boss itself is fun to fight and its easy to just get 900 pints and then rush him. What is most disappointing is when they show off weapons, units and i guess now camos too like youre supposed to be able to find them easily, and in the end the drop rates just bite you in the ass.

And yeah i know its part of their way to get you in the mood to play, but these rates are just terrible. Imagine how bad the rates in ulti are gonna be lol. Even the shit rares are going to be as hard to find as ardillo in hard mode.

Shinmarizu
Jun 15, 2013, 12:36 PM
I didn't want to be reminded of that, but the idea that Ultimate rare weapons will actually be rare may actually be a nice change. As long as they're special.

Camo should not be that rare or special.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
I was displeased

With the twin mech camo

Awkward floating position and god awful sound effects.
Couldn't stand it so I sold it for 5mil lol

Like honestly, I don't want anyone to waste their time with it.

Macman
Jun 15, 2013, 02:56 PM
I didn't want to be reminded of that, but the idea that Ultimate rare weapons will actually be rare may actually be a nice change. As long as they're special.
Where is this mystical ship you play where everyone's holding a Flame Visit, Elysion, or Falclaw? I'd love to see this mythical place where you don't think rare weapons are rare.
10* are largely considered standard these days with the AQ trade-ins in full swing (sorry, doublesaber and launcher users, you're still boned) so the only actual intended rare sights are AQ rares and 11* Falz drops.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 15, 2013, 03:06 PM
10* are largely considered standard

*Looks at his lambda Strauss' and Lambda St. Kilda.*

Huh, really? *blinks*

EDIT: Wait, Casts don't have eyelids...the f*ck!?

Macman
Jun 15, 2013, 03:08 PM
HERETIC! Dismantle him at the stake!

Enforcer MKV
Jun 15, 2013, 03:11 PM
HERETIC! Dismantle him at the stake!

!

*Rodeo Drive, stage left.*

[SPOILER-BOX]...Why am I reminded of Kirby's Air Ride all of the sudden? >_>;[/SPOILER-BOX]

Macman
Jun 15, 2013, 03:28 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]...Why am I reminded of Kirby's Air Ride all of the sudden? >_>;[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]Because it's an awesome freakin' game.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinmarizu
Jun 15, 2013, 03:35 PM
Where is this mystical ship you play where everyone's holding a Flame Visit, Elysion, or Falclaw? I'd love to see this mythical place where you don't think rare weapons are rare.
10* are largely considered standard these days with the AQ trade-ins in full swing (sorry, doublesaber and launcher users, you're still boned) so the only actual intended rare sights are AQ rares and 11* Falz drops.

My definition of rarity is biased; my apologies for not making that clear. I cannot call a 10* weapon rare at this point in time.

Then again, this is coming from someone who believes that the weapon system is complete and utter bullshit, but has no choice but to follow it.

Oddly enough, I do see the occasional Elysion, Jinrai, Flame Visit and such on Ship 2.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
I dont think its bad to have rare weapons that are hard to find. I just dont like how vh mode (remember vh mode? easiest drop rates in old pso inb4 lol psu2 joke) rares are so impossible to find. In pso1 you could find items in vh without too much trouble that were useful till endgame. In this game you can farm endlessly and never get anything till its 5 months obsolete. Theres just not enough middle ground for good equipment in this game unless you play force.

[spoiler-box]Air ride was a pretty good game lol[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Jun 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
If you ask me (which noone did), the problem with rare weapons is that the focus is on finding just one at great efforts, instead of finding lots at lesser efforts.

1 weapon at 1/1000 droprate vs. 10 weapons at 1/100 droprate, with the 10 weapons being unique and thus all desirable

give me the 10 weapons option please

edit: This will also solve the problem with everyone using the same weapon. Their playstyles will vary, and with more weapons in all rarity brackets each player's finds will vary significantly and they'll be much more inclined to use what they find, as opposed to focusing purely on max damage. I couldn't tell you how many rares I found that were only a smidgen worse than what I already had, and thus completely useless.

Doing this system would not mean removing rare weapons. It would just mean making more of them, and making them more common. Some weapons should stay exceedingly rare, for an ultimate goal that many players love to chase.

Macman
Jun 16, 2013, 07:43 AM
In this game you can farm endlessly and never get anything till its 5 months obsolete.
Tell me about it, the game spat out a Cannon Legacy during Wind and Rain, then a Demonic Fork just today in Border Break.
Not to mention it took me until VH mode to find a Quartz Calibur.

Where were you bastards back when I could've actually used you?!

The only rares I've found while they were still relevant were Elder Fist, Elder Rifle, we all know how not-rare those are, Gun Braver and Ebony Nyoibo. And I guess Dagash Talis but who gives a crap about talis?

Z-0
Jun 16, 2013, 07:53 AM
Talis actually pretty uber for Ruins AQ (and other AQs at Exit Burst). I actually bought a fish talis for those purposes specifically.

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2013, 07:59 AM
Talis is very good for tossing AOE techs in multiple different directions, as opposed to having to walk that way or cast multiple ranged techs which would have less damage and smaller AOE.

So, gwana fighting is a perfect example. Toss a talis, cast gigrants, then stomp on his belly. For AQ's and such, tossing a talis at a large spawn and casting zondeel is pretty great, too, and typically faster (and safer) than if you ran there.

Macman
Jun 16, 2013, 08:06 AM
True. I have found a use for the Dagash Talis as a less suicidal method to Zondeel spam. Still a pretty niche use in my opinion, though.

I honestly think Sega needs to take the droprate of any 10* that's weaker than an AQ tradein and multiply it by 10.
It's kind of infuriating to find something so rare, only to know that you can get something that's at least 25% stronger by paying a couple hundred thousand meseta and running an AQ 2-4 times.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2013, 09:26 AM
New idea, we take all the weapon drops and put them in the stone shop, and keep stone drop rates the way they are right now. There, we actually can get weapons in a timely manner.

*Cricket cricket.*

...Shush, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2013, 09:36 AM
I wish man, I wish.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2013, 10:04 AM
I wish man, I wish.

Actually, I was kid-

Wait. Design change. Rare weapons have to be crafted, and you have to find the materials. There's no chance to fail crafting, and there's a chance that the first level of weapon potential is auto-unlocked when the weapon is crafted.

Element switch items are changed to add/switch element, and can be applied to weapons before final crafting takes place.

Now how to get affixes to work...hrmmm....

EDIT: Got it, optional add-on items would give affixes/souls, like taking the claws from Banther, a core from Falz, etc, etc...

...Excuse me, I'm going back to Monster Hunter for a while. \o/

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2013, 10:20 AM
That works until you realize they'd just make everything require a stupid rare drop, leaving it at exactly the same amount of farming and frustration we presently have.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2013, 10:33 AM
That works until you realize they'd just make everything require a stupid rare drop, leaving it at exactly the same amount of farming and frustration we presently have.

Well, this system assumes that they don't make everything stupid.

We already know that's not going to happen.