PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem :/

TieFoon
Jun 16, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hi guys!

I have this very anoying problem, i'm on a quest called Nab Rappy Capture and well when i go into area 2 i just stop being able to move :/
I tried redoing the quest but it's the same thing everytime..

Does anyone know what this is and maybe how to fix it?

I cant really progress into the game lol if i can't clear this quest...

Punisher106
Jun 16, 2013, 02:53 PM
I'd assume you're using the story patch. Retry without it, and see if it works.

TieFoon
Jun 16, 2013, 02:58 PM
I'd assume you're using the story patch. Retry without it, and see if it works.

It would be kind of a bummer to play while not understanding what they say :/

In any case, how would i go about retrying without the patch?
i mean how do i take it away so to speak.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 16, 2013, 03:00 PM
Press the third(?) button on the launcher. It removes all the patches and checks on the files in order to make sure you're up to date and whatnot.

Yamishi
Jun 16, 2013, 03:01 PM
It would be kind of a bummer to play while not understanding what they say :/

In any case, how would i go about retrying without the patch?
i mean how do i take it away so to speak.

If you're still using the JP launcher, click the third button down to do a file check and update all your data. You'll need to re-apply any and all English patches afterwards, though.

TieFoon
Jun 16, 2013, 03:13 PM
So basicly i just do a file check and then after i just re apply the english patches with it the story patch?

Sounds easy enough :P thanks guys!

Aslinng
Jun 16, 2013, 03:26 PM
I got this porblem once and I just restarted the game and it worked fine.

Ezodagrom
Jun 16, 2013, 03:33 PM
The story patch hasn't been updated yet to work with the current version of the game, so it's better to not have it for now.

Jei182
Jun 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
I suppose I could play it in japanese just to get past that quest and then reinstall the story patch. I just don't feel like waiting for the original launcher's downloading process since I already did the repatching and reapplying of the patches earlier. I could just play on my Cast's account until it's fixed but I really like playing the newer character I made. I have no clue why restarting the game won't work with me and my bro. Oh well, at least Jean had a pretty positive outlook on it. If only he could come through. And I also find it pretty ironic that it's on a quest that's required to go towards being able to progress to the caves.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s20.postimg.org/gjmrcda1p/pso20130616_172053_004.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Jun 16, 2013, 04:47 PM
I suppose I could play it in japanese just to get past that quest and then reinstall the story patch.
[...]
And I also find it pretty ironic that it's on a quest that's required to go towards being able to progress to the caves.
The matterboard and story chapters are not required to unlock new areas, and since the story patch only translates cutscenes, you could play fine with just using the main english patch and the large files pack. Both of those work fine.