PDA

View Full Version : Newb Help Please?

FenceMan
Jun 17, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, couple of newb questions:

1. Anyway for me to buy more credits so I can have more than one character? I got as far as entering my credit card then it asks for personal information and doesnt seem to want to accept anything I enter?

2. I am playing with the english and story patch and there is one area where I get stuck in place, camera can move but character is stuck, do I need to uninstall story and english patch? Anyway to install older version of the game which patches work on or will it auto update?

3. Any risk in joining random parties? I have heard you can get banned if you do that? I play on ship 2 which I believe is the safe one??

4. Any way to turn up the AA with an AMD card? I read some old info, any way to do it now?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

blace
Jun 17, 2013, 08:42 PM
1. Foreign cards are not accepted but WebMoney can be bought through third party suppliers. The downside to that is you will have to pay a markup. CN-USA (http://www.cn-usa.com), JPWN (http://www.jpwm.net), and SutoCorp (http://www.sutocorp.com/japanwebmoney/) are the most prevalent resellers for WebMoney.

2. Are you using the up to date english patch? The story patch may be the culprit but I've been getting around just fine.

3. I can't say for certain, but you're better off asking around on block 20 if you wish to look for a party that you can understand.

FenceMan
Jun 18, 2013, 01:07 PM
I am using newest story and english patch.

Should I not have updated the game after initial install?

blace
Jun 18, 2013, 01:30 PM
The initial install only contained updates from as far as a few months ago, the updates are essential. Some people have been having trouble after installing the story patch and so far hasn't affected me yet. You may want to install it again after you pass through the tutorial area.

Metalsnake27
Jun 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
You won't get banned for joining a random party... unless of course they try to talk to you and you speak english and they kick you out.

I have random Japanese players join me sometimes, just say a little greeting to them, and just other basic phrases depending on what you need XD. Theres a guide around here somewhere that has basic japanese phrases if you need them lol.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 18, 2013, 09:03 PM
^ if you know how to set shortcut words with the function keys, use phrases in this thread, http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195616 to politely let JP players know you don't understand them and to ask if it's alright to play, most JP i've come across have at least a 2nd grade understanding of English and can reply with "ok" or "leave" at the very least+^_^+ all the ones I've met somehow know how to say "i'm sorry" in some fashion too+^_^+

Eveningxtar
Jun 18, 2013, 09:03 PM
From my general experience, most of the japanese people are pretty tolerant to accepting. I played with a few random and was quiet the whole time save for my friend's english autoword and after the run, the japanese thanked us in english.

So there aint really much risk playing with randoms unless they hack or something. Setting up autochat with japanese greetings helps too.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 18, 2013, 09:07 PM
From my general experience, most of the japanese people are pretty tolerant to accepting. I played with a few random and was quiet the whole time save for my friend's english autoword and after the run, the japanese thanked us in english.

So there aint really much risk playing with randoms unless they hack or something. Setting up autochat with japanese greetings helps too.

it's seems to be part of JP culture to be very polite, and always put others, even strangers, before themselves making them excellent hosts+^_^+ like really, i might outsource any weddings or whatnot!! at least that how it seems to me+^_^+

FenceMan
Jun 19, 2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

I have completed the first four quests and am at Lvl 7 but I am not getting any new quests to do? Am I supposed to grind the first four until I reach Lvl 10 or something?

blace
Jun 19, 2013, 08:34 PM
Have you talked to Koffie? She's the white haired lady at the counter that offers you new Client Orders to unlock new areas and your mag.

FenceMan
Jun 19, 2013, 08:55 PM
Found it thanks.

Jumped to Lvl 10 in a hurry and the fun forest exploration just turned into a very intense battle, way cooler game than I even originally thought....

HIT0SHI
Jun 20, 2013, 01:00 PM
If you need any help, give me a call on the visiophone!
My ID and characr name is HIT0SHI