PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 This game needs a public test server.

ShinMaruku
Jun 18, 2013, 01:32 AM
If these guys are going to copy these games they should atleast do it right. If there is a robust and well tested public test server some of these balance issues would not be so prevalent. With enough data hell Sega would know more about their game and would improve it.

Why are they so backwards when so many others have done it?

TaigaUC
Jun 18, 2013, 03:09 AM

You could say that about pretty much everything in PSO2.

jooozek
Jun 18, 2013, 03:12 AM
"today we ask our players to help us test the game! help us fix all the clipping issues with hairstyles/accessories/costumes"

EvilMag
Jun 18, 2013, 03:17 AM
They might as well just have their fans do all the work. I mean, you already have fans translating this game (And have better translations mind you.) so why not? >_>

Saotome Kaneda
Jun 18, 2013, 03:52 AM
this issue was in the last survey for consideration, and I'm sure you all selected it

right

RIGHT

Laxedrane
Jun 18, 2013, 08:16 AM
They have to actually have an open line of communication and justify all their decisions in writing to the satisfaction of most of their player base.

You honestly think sega willing to do that when they can get the same feedback dumping it on the real server and ignore the "THE FUCK!? THIS IS UNBALANCED." Or "This is glitched to all hell." Until they feel like thinking about it.

ShinMaruku
Jun 18, 2013, 09:52 AM
They might as well just have their fans do all the work. I mean, you already have fans translating this game (And have better translations mind you.) so why not? >_>

That's how the bigger games do it. Every new patch they put up a test server and they look what folks say. Since most people here know the game better than Sega (Because you know you play the fucking game) players can be used to crowd source data for them to adjust before patch day.

gigawuts
Jun 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
The game would REALLY benefit from informed player feedback, since Sega sure doesn't seem informed on game balance, but the problem is most players who hop on the test server for 5 minutes will probably send feedback without actually becoming informed themselves.

Best case scenario: Sega properly balances things by listening to informed players, who will of course be the minority, but will have experience with multiple classes and will have done math to work out what skills amount to what bonuses
Worst case scenario: Sega improperly balances things by listening to vocal majority and will keep tweaking and polishing the only classes people are already playing now because they're already the best

The best way to go about it would be to make everyone's classes level 60 and give then infinite free skilltree resets with a baseline set of gear. What we'll probably get is a database copy and one free reset per round of testing with only a couple minor tweaks to skills/whatever - nothing more, nothing less.

Kierto
Jun 18, 2013, 10:43 AM
this issue was in the last survey for consideration, and I'm sure you all selected it

right

RIGHT

^^^^^

TaigaUC
Jun 18, 2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah, that's always the real problem - filtering the bullshit to get to the valid criticisms.

They could probably filter some of it if they go by people who have high level characters with many hours played.
I'm sure they also have flags checking which parts of the game each player has tried, such as area, extreme/advance quests, time attack, etc. Those could be used for filtering too.

But would they really go to that much trouble? Can't imagine it happening.

Yden
Jun 18, 2013, 10:49 AM
Public test servers are good but they need to be actually open to the whole public instead of a selected few. Some PTS are randomly selected invite only type things which really hurts it cause some of these people invited won't care enough to log into it or report bugs.

ShinMaruku
Jun 18, 2013, 10:56 PM
Of course there will need to be a filter but with a well managed public test server with some good groups always putting their input good info can be filtered out. Also just by examining somethings they can find things to change and fix.

supersonix9
Jun 18, 2013, 11:01 PM
"today we ask our players to help us test the game! help us fix all the clipping issues with hairstyles/accessories/costumes"

better than nothing (and fixing the clipping issues for only hairstyles)

MuzicFreq
Jun 18, 2013, 11:02 PM

Because they read backwards 8-)

supersonix9
Jun 18, 2013, 11:03 PM

!aixelsyD

A public test server would be nice, yes.

MuzicFreq
Jun 18, 2013, 11:07 PM
!aixelsyD

A public test server would be nice, yes.

.sdrawkcab egnarts ylemertxe skool taht GMO

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 18, 2013, 11:12 PM
I'd love to see a test server implemented at some point.

shagia
Jun 18, 2013, 11:15 PM
that'd actually be pretty great to push down the bugs before a final launch? I always found launching a test server or a private server good for business so players can help find game breaking bugs or just issues in general..

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 18, 2013, 11:23 PM
This game needs a lot of things

shagia
Jun 18, 2013, 11:26 PM
shader optimization could be one of those things

ShinMaruku
Jun 18, 2013, 11:27 PM

If they could do that this game would be as well designed as a Bugatti Veyron.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 PM
I don't think a public test server would be allowed, just read the terms in conditions before you log in.....

Saotome Kaneda
Jun 19, 2013, 01:42 PM
I don't think a public test server would be allowed, just read the terms in conditions before you log in.....

read my post

ShinMaruku
Jun 20, 2013, 11:42 PM
They can change the ToS at anytime. They reserve that right,