PDA

View Full Version : New Falz Elder tips

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 07:29 AM
Same requirements to do the emergency quest on any difficulty level.
Very Hard Arms and Elder are just level 60 instead of 50, and can now drop level 15 discs.

Falz Arms:
- Elder's balls and all lasers now have ice elemental damage and a chance to freeze. Note that you can still get frozen if you block any of the ice attacks.
- Arms is basically the same, just with more HP and damage.
- For those that don't know, in both regular and new Arms, you can break each of the little heads and the knees of the legs for more loot. They will turn bright red or reveal weak points when broken.

Falz Elder:
- All balls and lasers now have ice elemental damage and a chance to freeze. Note that you can still get frozen if you block any of the ice attacks.
- His forehead laser now has a vortex that sucks people in, but is still easy to escape by running to the corners directly in front of him.

Phase 1:
- Seems the same.

Phase 2:
- A new attack where he says "haha" followed quickly by a fast forward multiple palm strike, then retracts, moves slightly to the side, and does another one <- this is the primary new attack to watch out for!!
- Tossed red balls are now white and explode into a small collection of icicles that can assumedly freeze.
- He now butt stomps a few moments after he finishes saying "ware koso dark falz eldarrrrrr".
- His rise up and then downwards palm slam attack now shoots red waves outwards when it hits the floor.

There doesn't seem to be anything else different. Shocks worked as always.
Wasn't that hard, but at level 60 his strikes do a lot more damage.

Old and new Falz Elder strategy tips:

Attacking:
- Primary goal is to break all the arms, not to attack the obvious core. Break 4 arms in phase 1 to move to phase 2.
- Shock stuns him. Save shock for after all the easy-to-access arms are broken, or if you are in an extremely high damage output group.
- You cannot break the arms lowest on his body. If you are not sure which is which, just look at where on his body each arm is coming from. The arm positions are consistent with each attack (he doesn't mix them up for the same attack).
- You cannot break or contribute to break damage when the arms are not extended.
- You can break the arms holding the side of the ship opposite to him during his falling butt stomp attack.
- The entire group should stick to one side before moving to the other.
- If you are doing Weak Bullet, make sure you use it where the majority of the group is, so they can do maximum damage. Do not use it for yourself when you are standing alone on the other side of the map.

Surviving:
- Throwing balls attack: run away from their anticipated trajectory, or dodge as they hit.
- Eye laser: run directly in front of him and stay to the side
- Forward palm strikes: run forward and dodge forward through them, or if you don't have invincibility, try staying in center map and then run to the opposite side when he starts to strike attack.
- Red portals/Balls: these target locally (ie. they will always heat-seek on YOU, not the group). Simply move out of the way when you see the telltale effects.
- Twin lasers: seem to target the thick of the group, can see them coming from far away but they can change course, so just run far away
- Overhead palm slam: seems safe to stand right in front of his core, or if you have invincibility, just dodge forward through it as it comes down
- Double palm hammer red shockwave: run in front of and stand to the sides of him
- Sweeping horizontal palms: easy to dodge, doesn't do mcuh damage and tends to miss people all the time
- Butt stomp: you can either run to any of the corners or dodge just as his butt comes down. Note that you can be hit during his falling, so you may get hit slightly earlier if your character is tall or if you jump into his butt.

Demon-
Jun 19, 2013, 07:32 AM
Phase 1 balls freeze also. Other than that you got it all.

and yeah he was still easy.

jooozek
Jun 19, 2013, 07:37 AM
tl;dr hp sponge overload

UnLucky
Jun 19, 2013, 07:41 AM
The balls in Arms freeze too. Catches you off guard cause nobody watches Elder during that fight.

Meji
Jun 19, 2013, 07:49 AM
In my opinion, the HP difference in Arm fights were quite more noticeable than in the actual Elder battle, which is a shame imo.

Anyway, stalking JP wikkis for new drops. I'm ultra curious about the new things~

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, Arms took forever to kill. Bad for EXP tickets. Better for drops, though.
I think one Arms at level 57 and +85% bonus netted me ~26k to ~29k EXP.

Z-0
Jun 19, 2013, 07:53 AM
Arms would be great for EXP if people actually killed the Arms quickly instead of breaking fingers.

There's no confirmation that any of the new drops from Arms actually drop from the fingers. It says they added new drops from Arms right after they said they edited their finger HP, but doesn't mean they're from fingers. u.u

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 07:56 AM
Yeah, good point.

One of the comments on the usual JP wiki says it's been officially announced that the new Falz has the same loot table.

Emp
Jun 19, 2013, 07:56 AM
Just hate the fact it can now freeze. Now weak bullet'rs need to be even more aware.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 08:09 AM
It's so difficult to take Falz Elder seriously. They didn't do a good job making him intimidating.

I mean, he clearly let the player character leave because he knew he didn't stand a chance. It almost looks like he ran away from Zeno, too.
Then he attacks the Arks ships for almost a year, and still gets owned even after powering up. When he attacks in Hunar form, he loves to hide until time is up.
He has no confidence in himself or his own troops, either. He kidnaps Arks and clones them, then waits for the originals to tire from battling all his top soldiers before finally revealing himself... and still loses. Then runs away.

What a coward. The whole thing is just sad. Honestly, Gettemhart is a billion times more awesome. He certainly didn't turn tail and run after getting his ass beat.

Gypsy72
Jun 19, 2013, 08:10 AM
i thought the first new fallz was scheduled for Noon eastern

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 08:11 AM
They decided to secretly throw in a Falz attack after the concert.
The Japanese players seem surprised too. No idea if it will happen after every concert.

Gypsy72
Jun 19, 2013, 08:13 AM
ah, that sucks.. i had to leave for work so i didn't get to stick around that long.....

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 08:20 AM
Don't worry, you've got the rest of the week, and possibly another attack in an hour or so.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 19, 2013, 08:33 AM

Battle was awesome, many died so many times. battle with Elder actually lasted 6 min. It was fun, despite dying 8 times. lol

Zenobia
Jun 19, 2013, 08:45 AM
During hands fight His Kamehameha move can indeed freeze so yeah.

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 09:08 AM
It's so difficult to take Falz Elder seriously. They didn't do a good job making him intimidating.

I mean, he clearly let the player character leave because he knew he didn't stand a chance. It almost looks like he ran away from Zeno, too.
Then he attacks the Arks ships for almost a year, and still gets owned even after powering up. When he attacks in Hunar form, he loves to hide until time is up.
He has no confidence in himself or his own troops, either. He kidnaps Arks and clones them, then waits for the originals to tire from battling all his top soldiers before finally revealing himself... and still loses. Then runs away.

What a coward. The whole thing is just sad. Honestly, Gettemhart is a billion times more awesome. He certainly didn't turn tail and run after getting his ass beat.

He (Gettemhart) didn't turn tail and flee, yeah. He committed suicide by selling his soul to the devil simply because he wanted a fight he didn't know he would lose.

What's more, the animation for Hunar's death (specifically the Darker Den version) makes me think that they INTENDED for Arms and Elder to follow afterwards. I mean, because you're fighting IN an infested Arks Colony, and I think he would have cracked it open afterwards, leading to the Arms/Elder fight itself.

Also, remember when Gettemfalz ships out from one of the hands? Makes me think that the big Asura Fern that is Falz Elder is nothing but a mere space carrier, filled to the brim with Darkers.

But I still need more info to figure things out.

WCW524
Jun 19, 2013, 09:18 AM
Arms would be great for EXP if people actually killed the Arms quickly instead of breaking fingers.

There's no confirmation that any of the new drops from Arms actually drop from the fingers. It says they added new drops from Arms right after they said they edited their finger HP, but doesn't mean they're from fingers. u.u

People should just stop and acknowledge that with Sega's droprate, they're never going to get anything. <3
I could go for the EXP to cap, and grab Excubes. :3 Parties who are going for drops are going to hate me when I destroy the arm rears.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 09:23 AM
I thought Gettemhart just wanted to experience the ultimate battle. He probably would have won if Falz didn't steal his body. That's pretty damn cowardly too.

The whole "true form" being some kind of ship seems really lame to me. His Hunar outfit is a suit, too. Evil creatures aren't as scary when they're just people in suits and mechs.

Gypsy72
Jun 19, 2013, 09:26 AM
Don't worry, you've got the rest of the week, and possibly another attack in an hour or so.

unfortunately i'm stuck at work for till later this afternoon.... will have to wait till the morning ones...

daiig
Jun 19, 2013, 09:32 AM
is it still just normal, hard, vhard modes with the same level requirements...or is there one that requires lvl 60?

Z-0
Jun 19, 2013, 09:33 AM
Same requirements, just VH Falz is level 60 instead of 50, that's all.

DoubleCannon
Jun 19, 2013, 10:08 AM
so NO new drops!? Wth thats lame! whats the point of utter falz if there is honestly nothing new to try and get from it... i was honestly expecting lv 56+ drops...

ShadowDragon28
Jun 19, 2013, 10:19 AM
just know of this one was added to Falz elder a week ago
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AA%E3%83%A5%E3%82%B7%E3% 82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8C

" Elusionnu "

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 10:24 AM
Ugh. This time has been far worse. 10 minutes per Arms battle just to not get revived. Almost ran out of time on a 12 person Elder battle because the only person with a weak bullet seemed like they were purposely only putting it up on the unbreakable arms, after they retracted.

For the record, it was a Vita block, not B20.

Zenobia
Jun 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
I won't lie it really feels now these fights on lvl 60 one are getting longer and longer with each reset after completion(excluding his heavy hp load).

ShadowDragon28
Jun 19, 2013, 10:31 AM
inb4 JP Vita players whine " LVL 60 Daruku faruzu Too strong! Make easy for me!" *smh*

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 10:34 AM
Second Elder run was okay, at least.
It really seems like there's a severe lack of Weak Bullet on Falz lately.
Nobody playing Ranger, I guess.

Kitoshi
Jun 19, 2013, 10:37 AM
so NO new drops!? Wth thats lame! whats the point of utter falz if there is honestly nothing new to try and get from it... i was honestly expecting lv 56+ drops...

Bingo!

And even though there is no new drops there supposedly is an increased rate for the existing drops.

gigawuts
Jun 19, 2013, 10:38 AM
Yes, that's what happens when they raise the level. They stack drop tables or something.

Gypsy72
Jun 19, 2013, 10:44 AM
Is there going to be a new Falz after every concert performance? did they just have one?

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 10:45 AM
They did, twice now. So I guess so.

Oh what the hell, another Falz just popped.

Tankotron
Jun 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
The fights now feel more like they should feel imo.
Look there's no getting around it, this game will never be "hard". The dodging, 60 revives in an MPA, infinite healing, there's no way you can make a game like this legitimately challenging.

With that in mind I at least like that the new Falz and arms don't go down in an insanely short amount of time. This new "powered up" version at least feels like a normal fight and not a curb stomp.

Shinamori
Jun 19, 2013, 10:51 AM

With 75% ticket, you get like 22K-25K

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah, but it seems to take people 10 minutes to beat Arms once. I much prefer the 2 minute runs for ~20k EXP each.
I was lucky enough to get the new all-class launcher and an all class wired lance from Arms. Hope I can get rid of them for a decent price.

They could make PSO2 challenging if they added more gameplay depth for people to master aside from attack, dodge and grind equip.

Shinamori
Jun 19, 2013, 10:56 AM
That's because people want to break his nails.

Rien
Jun 19, 2013, 10:56 AM
>New upgraded Falz
>Promises new drops
>Mace of Adaman

Where have I seen this before, I wonder?

Z-0
Jun 19, 2013, 11:07 AM
With 75% ticket, you get like 22K-25K
Only if you're 55(22K)/56(25K)+, because of EXP cut. Lower levels you'll get worse EXP than normal Falz.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 11:09 AM
Still, they seem to break the nails pretty quickly on normal Falz Arms.

Supposedly the new Falz doesn't have new drops. Time will tell.

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
I thought Gettemhart just wanted to experience the ultimate battle. He probably would have won if Falz didn't steal his body. That's pretty damn cowardly too.

The whole "true form" being some kind of ship seems really lame to me. His Hunar outfit is a suit, too. Evil creatures aren't as scary when they're just people in suits and mechs.

That's one hell of a suit then. Also, Falz Elder seems to be a "thing" rather than a person. I mean, of all the people he COULD have stolen the body of, Melphonsina's body would've been a far more cowardly pick (especially since she couldn't fight back due to being dead). Seems to me like Gettem put up a bit of a fight. I mean, he DID just talk smack to the Profound Darkness.

Although at this point, all I have to go on are the Arks Layer translations, and I'm beginning to doubt their credibility more and more.

Walkure
Jun 19, 2013, 11:28 AM
1 tip: Don't be sleep deprived while fighting things that oneshot you.

I've walked straight into too much shit today.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 11:33 AM
I've actually thought it would be much more interesting if he did pick Melphonsina's body. Then he'd be compelled to serve Gettemhart, as he retains some of the host's desires. I think he didn't because she was the "sacrifice".

I also think it's more cowardly to possess someone who is a legitimate threat, effectively disabling them instead of facing them head on. I'm under the impression that people who are possessed by Falzes cannot fight back, so it wouldn't have made a difference if he picked someone who didn't resist. They always seem to pick the type that wouldn't give in easily.

Coatl
Jun 19, 2013, 11:39 AM
Had a 5min lv60 Elder Falz. Yeaaah he's still a pushover.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 12:07 PM
Seemed like I had a decent group, until some weirdo started wasting shocks at the start of phase 2.
Then everyone seemed to die a billion times while I pranced around waving glowsticks without getting hit. It's really just the quick double palm strike to watch for.

Punisher106
Jun 19, 2013, 12:51 PM
I hope this happens again, Life has been holding me back from logging in until like 12:45.