PDA

View Full Version : What drops Deband disc 15?

Redzone
Jun 19, 2013, 03:20 PM
What can drop Deband and Shifta 15 discs?

jooozek
Jun 19, 2013, 03:23 PM
deband = boxes in advance quest forest afair
shifta - caves advance quest for sure and most likely floating continent (aq) and sanctum (vh free field)

but good luck ever getting either, the drop rate is so small and you will most likely get some lower level disc

Meji
Jun 20, 2013, 05:04 AM
I remember finding both in the Desert AQ, so I don't think they're "area-bound". Just keep spamming AQs.

Rare PA's/Techniques often drop from the red containers and, if you're lucky, sometimes even from normal boxes.

jooozek
Jun 20, 2013, 05:13 AM
I remember finding both in the Desert AQ, so I don't think they're "area-bound". Just keep spamming AQs.

Rare PA's/Techniques often drop from the red containers and, if you're lucky, sometimes even from normal boxes.

im more than certain that you are confusing shifta and deband with anti disks which drop everywhere
shifta was always an area box locked drop, you could never get it outside of caves till we got the floating continent

Ce'Nedra
Jun 20, 2013, 05:15 AM
I got my Shifta 15 in desert AQ, and I saw someone get Deband 15 in Tundra AQ a few days ago

jooozek
Jun 20, 2013, 05:18 AM
in that case they must've changed that recently

Ce'Nedra
Jun 20, 2013, 05:24 AM
I think they did, seems they are now avaible in all AQ boxes, however I can't recall if they were red or green boxes. Most likely red because I never seen a 6* PA drop from a green box personally.

Alisha
Jun 20, 2013, 05:30 AM
ive had rare malmoth boss drop shifta

AgemFrostMage
Jun 20, 2013, 05:51 AM
I am not on advanced yet, but I looked at the chart and you'd be disappointed with its bonus over even 10. Without deband = two shot, with deband = two shot. Same could be said for armor, so it feels like a waste of time and money grinding it for me, since I always fall into the "every bit counts" trap.

Syklo
Jun 20, 2013, 06:10 AM
I am not on advanced yet, but I looked at the chart and you'd be disappointed with its bonus over even 10. Without deband = two shot, with deband = two shot. Same could be said for armor, so it feels like a waste of time and money grinding it for me, since I always fall into the "every bit counts" trap.

With deband cut = 3shot
:nerd:

Redzone
Jun 20, 2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your input here.

I run AQ's a lot, but to be honest I am usually more concerned with keeping my PSE buffs from expiring and RUSHING to the next spawn of monsters to get PSE BURST going for huge numbers of caps and such.... so I've mostly been ignoring Boxes in AQ's.

Everything people have said here on this thread leads me to believe I SHOULD bother to break boxes along the way and loot discs that pop out of them.

Thanks guys. :)

And yeah, I've got a few points in Deband cut it's saved my arse plenty of times especially with the new lvl 60 Dark Falz.

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 09:16 PM
Why even bother? The difference between lv10 and lv15 Shifta/Deband is 0.5% of your base stats.

So like 0.2% total.

I mean, it's good to have, I guess, and no reason not to break boxes along the way, but it's definitely not worth specifically farming for.

Also weaker buffs never overwrite stronger ones, which includes S/D Advance and such. There's nothing to worry about if your lv1 Shifta and maxed SA (22.5%) is competing with someone's lv15 Shifta without SA (19.4%).

Alisha
Jun 20, 2013, 11:03 PM
does lvl effect duration?

Bellion
Jun 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
^No. See Extend Assist for that.