PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay & more

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 12:31 AM
I just can't see myself getting gear just to replace it, especially in the 40+ area when you start breaching the 9* mark. I mean, you can always use the replaced gear for ability affix fodder, but there's still a 40% fail chance for F2P's.

Only piece of gear I actually bought was the Luxe back unit (gold angel wings) and I affixed Vol on it, and it's purely for swag purposes only, a stat disadvantage I'm willing to take all the way to end-game. So you can't even consider it a gear purchase when it's purely aesthetic.

Bolded part is how I feel about my purchase of the Sacred Dusters. I mean, there are FAR better Knuckles out there than mine, but I got them because of how well I feel they mesh with my outfit and because they look cool. They're good 10*s, but there is far better (at least, so I've heard).

EDIT - @Sako So then if I have trouble with this "piss easy AI" then is it my correct assumption that you'd tell me to GTFO because only superior players like yourself can play this game?

The AI apparently isn't as "easy" as you'd want to think. At least not to me. But everyone has their own opinions, just as I have the right to disagree with them.

La'Haryl
Jun 19, 2013, 12:34 AM
Bolded part is how I feel about my purchase of the Sacred Dusters. I mean, there are FAR better Knuckles out there than mine, but I got them because of how well I feel they mesh with my outfit and because they look cool. They're good 10*s, but there is far better (at least, so I've heard).

EDIT - @Sako So then if I have trouble with this "piss easy AI" then is it my correct assumption that you'd tell me to GTFO because only superior players like yourself can play this game?

The AI apparently isn't as "easy" as you'd want to think. At least not to me. But everyone has their own opinions, just as I have the right to disagree with them.

Yeah, it's situations like ours that lead me to believe that Weapon Camo will become an option for every item in the game, similar to [Lock] and [Hide] items.

There's just too much additional customization to be lost if they don't head in that direction. I think the initial Camo release is testing just that, or at least I hope it is.

SakoHaruo
Jun 19, 2013, 12:56 AM

I mean I understand when people get hit when there's multiple enemies on the screen, but what I don't get is when people die by anything a boss like Quartz Dragon throws out. of course, you will have to learn every attack first, but what is your excuse for getting killed by him after you do learn his attacks? he even calls that shit out and the attacks have so much delay. the only thing he doesn't do is put up a big ass sign that says "Warning, Special Attack in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2... 1"

I'm not trying to say I'm the best PSO player or anything of the like. I'm just saying this game has piss easy AI, and it's true.

P.S. I wouldn't tell you to GTFO. I'd just pick on you for getting killed :-P (as in a joke)

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 01:00 AM
I mean I understand when people get hit when there's multiple enemies on the screen, but what I don't get is when people die by anything a boss like Quartz Dragon throws out. of course, you will have to learn every attack first, but what is your excuse for getting killed by him after you do learn his attacks? he even calls that shit out and the attacks have so much delay. the only thing he doesn't do is put up a big ass sign that says "Warning, Special Attack in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2... 1"

I'm not trying to say I'm the best PSO player or anything of the like. I'm just saying this game has piss easy AI, and it's true.

I wouldn't tell you to GTFO. I'd just pick on you for getting killed (as in a joke)

Okay, to be fair, I hate Quartz. I'm a melee, so it's not like I can predict whether I'll have that split second to stop attacking and run because of Gigrants Rain or if he's using the Light Rocket Salvo. His other attacks are fairly easy to dodge, but it's those two that have such a similar animation and when you're up close (at least for me) there's no way for me to tell until the last second whether he'll fire large rockets or laser clusters.

And usually the latter is what fucks me up. Because up close I can't see his back to know that. Then again, I blame that on locking onto him (simply because I'd never be able to keep track of him otherwise - he's too fucking fast for me).

EDIT - Also, I've died one too many times because of shitty out-of-the-blue moments, so for me, I take death a little harder. Especially since my fights end up long and drawn out in the first place.

SakoHaruo
Jun 19, 2013, 01:24 AM
Dodge? I can't even remember the last time I dodge an attack by him, just guard everything. I've gotten to the point where I switch to daggers just so I can parry every single rocket. I don't even look up for G.Raini, I use sound to know when to just guard that attack. And about those two attacks. they have different animation and he even screams some different word(idk what its saying).

Rain = he will do a quick scream, then you hear that fuzz, then you nothing, and then the attack becomes active.

Rockets = he will announce it and them shits are slow as hell.

Flies away - oh shit I lost him... oh wait, there's a huge blue dot on my map.

his BnB attack - slightly delay then he'll launch towards you.

did I forget something?

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 01:25 AM
Dodge? I can't even remember the last time I dodge an attack by him, just guard everything. I've gotten to the point where I switch to daggers just so I can parry every single rocket. I don't even look up for G.Raini, I use sound to know when to just guard that attack. And about those two attacks. they have different animation and he even screams some different word(idk what its saying).

Rain = he will do a quick scream, then you hear that fuzz, then you nothing, and then the attack becomes active.

Rockets = he will announce it and them shits are slow as hell.

Flies away - oh shit I lost him... oh wait, there's a huge blue dot on my map.

his BnB attack - slightly delay then he'll launch towards you.

did I forget something?

Makes sense why I get creamed so damn much - I'm a Knuckle main. *points to the post where I mentioned shelling out for Sacred Dusters, a 10* Knuckle* So I don't exactly have the luxury of Just Guard like you do. I have a Dodge Action, but it's only good for one hit - and the rain is multi-hit.

So distancing myself is the only way to avoid it. And to do that, I need some advance warning. Also, his babble is hard to make out most times.

Lastly, usually I'm focused only on the point where I want to break - usually the nose or tail. And I've never done a VH run where I actually managed to break it on my own.

BlankM
Jun 19, 2013, 01:30 AM
All I can imagine from this thread now is a Dudu symbol art reading "Do you even lift?"

SakoHaruo
Jun 19, 2013, 01:41 AM
Makes sense why I get creamed so damn much - I'm a Knuckle main. *points to the post where I mentioned shelling out for Sacred Dusters, a 10* Knuckle* So I don't exactly have the luxury of Just Guard like you do. I have a Dodge Action, but it's only good for one hit - and the rain is multi-hit.

So distancing myself is the only way to avoid it. And to do that, I need some advance warning. Also, his babble is hard to make out most times.

Lastly, usually I'm focused only on the point where I want to break - usually the nose or tail. And I've never done a VH run where I actually managed to break it on my own.

You know what, I've never solo him with Knuckles and I love knuckles. gonna do that once the servers go back up. I agree that it's much harder for you to block those attack. The just guard window is so dame huge that even if I was to make a mistake It'll probably still block it lol.

lol @BlankM

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 01:44 AM
You know what, I've never solo him with Knuckles and I love knuckles. gonna do that once the servers go back up. I agree that it's much harder for you to block those attack. The just guard window is so dame huge that even if I was to make a mistake It'll probably still block it lol.

lol @BlankM

Yeah. And not to mention I have the possibility of eating a Confuse in the event it DOES hit. Which makes my next move all the more crucial. And most times I fail on my saving throw.

jooozek
Jun 19, 2013, 01:58 AM
hunter has some ridiculous, out of the ass multipliers that help so much in normal and hard
but once you get to AQs i would love to see you take 1 minute to kill a single ga/gu wonda in them

Renvalt
Jun 19, 2013, 01:59 AM
hunter has some ridiculous, out of the ass multipliers that help so much in normal and hard
but once you get to AQs i would love to see you take 1 minute to kill a single ga/gu wonda in them

Ugh, don't remind me. Those guys, together with Miodas and Krabahdas are my worst nightmare.

Zenobia
Jun 19, 2013, 02:09 AM
Dun see how ppl have problems with those Shield guys if you using knuckles and don't use quake howling when you are in between him and his shield you are doing something wrong.

Still amazed most HU's and FI's still don't experiment with these PA's.

MetalDude
Jun 19, 2013, 02:10 AM
Items for pyroxene weapons, yeah. I have every single class fully equipped and that includes all-class DS, Sword, Partisan, and Launcher all with Soul + Stat III on it. I have two units left that need those affixes on it and then I'll be set for a long time.

So early on? No, a complete waste out of some really good long term investments like a Lambda Aristin/Patty Lumeria.

DS's completely shit on Gu Wondas. Scissor Edge and then go to town as he's getting up, repeat. As HU, if you have gear up, Stun Coincido into Rising Edge is good otherwise just annoy the hell out of him with Heavenly Fall. The problem usually comes from when multiple stack on each other.

SakoHaruo
Jun 19, 2013, 02:28 AM
Dun see how ppl have problems with those Shield guys if you using knuckles and don't use quake howling when you are in between him and his shield you are doing something wrong.

Still amazed most HU's and FI's still don't experiment with these PA's.

I agree but.. but.. the uppercut does like 16k in that ass D:

and I even get to juggle him for them "air combo" feels

Zenobia
Jun 19, 2013, 02:32 AM
I agree but.. but.. the uppercut does like 16k in that ass D:

and I even get to juggle him for them "air combo" feels

I meant for dazing him that's what Quake Howling does therefore being able to get that 16k you want off more easier.

SakoHaruo
Jun 19, 2013, 02:46 AM
by the time you finish Quake Howling I will already have gotten my 16k, those dudes are really slow. but yeah if there's more than one things can get kinda annoying.

Zenobia
Jun 19, 2013, 02:48 AM
by the time you finish Quake Howling I will already have gotten my 16k, those dudes are really slow. but yeah if there's more than one things can get kinda annoying.

Including you actually hit as they have a wonky hit box. Honestly I know 9x's outta 10 you won't always hit but my rising slash is a guaranteed hit on weak spots on them so yeah by the time you would possible got it my rising slash would have alrdy killed him.

Zenobia
Jun 19, 2013, 03:25 AM
I thought this was about putting him in stun with quake howling vs just running behind his ass and getting my 16k? now you talking about rising slashes?

hmm, so you gonna do quake howling, switch weapons, dash behind him for that rising slash, and you gonna get the kill faster than me? damn, I thought I was somewhat good at this game, you are too pro.

oh and I hit that weak spot pretty consistent.

The stunning was helpful info for those who played with knuckles. I use both my classes equally as well as the wesp associated with them.

No im not pro at all thats what Elitist say I play this game just like the next person. As far as that goes no I would just dash behind and Rising Slash 100% guarantee his weak point and kill him.

My sword can hit it consistently PA's aside.

darthvader
Jun 19, 2013, 06:40 AM
or u can just holding current it. properly aimed holding current with ja kill em wondas quite fast, at least mine does 5k each hit without wl gear to aq wondas.

of course i'm aware that wlance might upset other pt member, not to mention it's a suicidal move if theres alot of other mobs nearby :o

then again i rarely use hu or fi at desert/tunnel aq cuz they are unable to work together at exit/entrance pse burst due to gunslash uselessness at those 2 area

edit: on topic, without standard grinded units you'd probably get one or two shotted at aq from big mobs lol. it's up to ur imagination to what the standard grinded units are