PDA

View Full Version : BBLQ - devoid of mechs

Sasuga
Jun 19, 2013, 10:19 PM
after a week of running the Xie Co's for border break, i've hit my limit.
i'm beyond annoyed at the lack of thought put into the xie co's this time around.

for one, i just finished running BBLQ 8 times, and in those 8 times of pure mpa farming no boss, i've gotten 10 mech kills. yep. 10. good old 10/50.

now this isnt an anomaly or a glitch or a unlucky streak, its been crazy hard to find mechs in that mpa every single day i run the co's. Only one day did i get lucky and get a triple transmizer spawn where i IGNORED THE MIZERS and just killed the mech spawns till i got 50. (pretty much the ONLY way to get 50 mechs without wasting your day in BBLQ)

so, why is this so? it's bad design.
they obviously intended mechs to be same spawn rate as the other stuff.
just look at the xie co's, the mech one isnt most rewarding, nor does it have less/more to kill. its just there with the rest.

now, the bad design part comes in now.
enemies spawn with bosses, and usually of the same type.
IE: with caters come dragonkin, lots of dragonkin.
(i use this cuz for some odd reason, there are MILLIONS of caters in BBLQ)
now, most types of enemies have multiple types of bosses

dragonkin = vol drag, caters, drans'a, ex drag, goron
natives = rockbear, snow banshee, snow banther, malmo, and more
darkers = ragne, zesh, rigshrada, wolg, etc... tons of darkers.
mechs = ... transmizer

so in this slot machine of spawns, mechs have only ONE chance to show up
its like playing russian roulette with 1 bullet but 100 chambers.

to make this issue WORSE, there is barely any stand-alone spawns of mechs, maybe the occasional spardan A and gilnach but its just 1 to 3 of them.

now, they could fix this with more stand-alone mech spawns, and i actually expected this with the recent maint., but guess not.

so i'm just going to ignore the mech xie co. 8000 exp isnt worth hours of my time hunting down mechs... not to mention the co exp doesnt scale well for low lvls, as in, if i turn it in on my lvl 10 techer class, i dont get all the exp... unlike the rainy day xie awesome co's. sigh. oh well, we're stuck with this bad setup till further notice. I swear nobody at SEGA actually plays this game, because they'd see these issues after a day or two of playing normally.

( i say normally because they love to use privileges to just code themselves to start at max lvl cap or even higher and code in any gear they want on their character just cuz they can, which means they have no clue how to actually play the game cuz they ignore content and never have to deal with leveling)

o_O well that got a lot off my chest, i know none of this can/will be fixed, i'm just ranting as a way to take a break from the game and see if others have this issue.

comment below this wall of text/rant if you have the same mech issue.

oratank
Jun 19, 2013, 10:33 PM
yeah mechs co is very annoying but i didn't mind that it just a little bonus from cougar hunt

Sasuga
Jun 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
update: i now ran 10 times, i'm now at 20/50

also, i've killed like 100 persona over this last week, not a single drop from her, wtf.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 19, 2013, 10:58 PM
While it's true that mechs appear least in that quest, I didn't have any trouble completing the CO, personally. Sounds like you're just unlucky.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2013, 11:15 PM
One of my first runs, we were constantly swamped by Transmizers and his mech buddies.
A few runs later, had a Noize Blova drop off a Signo in the distance that I couldn't even see.

So yeah, like almost everything in the game, it's just luck. *vomits*

supersonix9
Jun 19, 2013, 11:17 PM
:[ yepperdoodles

Laxedrane
Jun 19, 2013, 11:17 PM
I've seen sparzyle all over that quests.

Sinue_v2
Jun 19, 2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I never really have an issue fighting mechs for completion. Usually it's a toss-up whether my last Xie quest to complete is Machines or Dragonkin. At any rate, 3 runs will do it for me. I just ignore anything that isn't specifically what I'm hunting. Enemies despawn and respawn enough that you can run across numerous small groups or mixed in with other mobs, with the occasional large wave, with regular frequency.

That, and I don't fight the bosses (point victories only) and won't return to campship until my inventory is full.

Sasuga
Jun 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
finally! after 13 runs~

the game freaking trolled me hard too. Gave me 4 transmizers and a transzexia on that last run.
didnt see a single mizer for 12 runs, then it spams them when i only need 11 more mechs.