PDA

View Full Version : 1st Anniversary Bingo Event Progress

LordShade
Jun 20, 2013, 03:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qqo7FqB.jpg

We've hit a brickwall. There is no extra bingo card after the current ones available and points have hit a brick wall after Utterly Profound. The next hurdle will more then likely jump 400k again. Which I fear is completely out of reach. Don't even think about dudu that isn't happening period.

Unless of course Sega gives us another bingo board on the 26th maintenance.

if not

PANIC

So make sure you finish your bingo boards cause every bit helps, I'm really looking forward to an entire week of 100% meseta, rare, exp up but at this rate, its probably not going to happen :(

EvilMag
Jun 20, 2013, 03:21 AM
Don't worry, datamine shows one of the stamps we get requires to complete the burning rangers EQ so we'll get one next week most likely.

Meji
Jun 20, 2013, 03:29 AM
Don't worry, datamine shows one of the stamps we get requires to complete the burning rangers EQ so we'll get one next week most likely.You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to having that song looped in my speakers for eternity.
Also, thanks for the info Mag!

Ce'Nedra
Jun 20, 2013, 04:51 AM
At least its more bearable then 24/7 Escape from the City in the lobby...It's a nice song sure but I already grew tired of it >:

Edit: Also isn't a bingo card char bound? In that case I might just play Lyaela and do it over on her again for extra points.

Aeris
Jun 20, 2013, 05:15 AM
Still trying to finish up the bugged 2nd bingo card on my newman main, the XQ one still won't clear up after like i've done 60-80 floors, i have nobody to help on the forest AQ one atm, already cleared the first board on my cast in nearly a day and some of the 2nd board on my cast as well.

Edit: Also isn't a bingo card char bound? In that case I might just play Lyaela and do it over on her again for extra points.

Yep, each char has its own bingo card.

LordShade
Jun 20, 2013, 05:20 AM
I have a feeling we have around 150k points unaccounted for due to Bingo Bugs.

Gardios
Jun 20, 2013, 05:34 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, we likely get up to the Green Puyo Mag Device, whether that may be due to SEGA giving us more bingo cards or them skewing the needed numbers.

The Dudu bonuses however...

jooozek
Jun 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?mode=view&id=1666

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2013, 07:09 AM
I cannot finish my 2nd Bingo card, as I do not have any other class besides FI and HU above 30.....or 20....or 10, and I'm not leveling a class I'll never play again for one singular incident.

Zyrusticae
Jun 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
I cannot finish my 2nd Bingo card, as I do not have any other class besides FI and HU above 30.....or 20....or 10, and I'm not leveling a class I'll never play again for one singular incident.
All of my characters are pure, making it impossible for me to finish anything more than 2 rows and 3 columns on the second board.

What a fucking stupid thing to put on the damn board, penalizing players who don't put everything on one character. Even more fucking stupid when you consider that I paid money for these characters while the people who stick with one are the ones who are being cheap. Fuck you, SEGA.

fay
Jun 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
What even is that thing? Is that like how many enemies have been killed in the mission or something? I remember lots of these things for PSU, but the community doesn't even post these on this forum so I have no idea where to get them.

Z-0
Jun 20, 2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah, this time we get something even better, improved, and a lot more lame:

Bingo lines count to this tally . . .

DoubleCannon
Jun 20, 2013, 09:00 AM
I have 5 spots left on my reverse and ill get 3/5 done .. 3rd matter board, ranger lv 30 + 5sp and gunner lv 30 + 5sp.. not doing force / techer... just to much work

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 20, 2013, 09:14 AM
I don't think I'll ever finish the second board at this rate. I have a ton of leveling to do on my other classes.

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2013, 10:21 AM

I felt the same way the first time I saw those orders on the panels, but it's not really that bad. It didnt take me much to level annoying classes like GU and TE from 1 to 30 by hoarding COs.

Now I wonder if I can do the same on my alt, lol.

~Aya~
Jun 20, 2013, 10:22 AM
I'll finish Bingo card in 2014

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 05:07 PM
All of my characters are pure, making it impossible for me to finish anything more than 2 rows and 3 columns on the second board.

What a fucking stupid thing to put on the damn board, penalizing players who don't put everything on one character. Even more fucking stupid when you consider that I paid money for these characters while the people who stick with one are the ones who are being cheap. Fuck you, SEGA.

Well each character gets two bingo cards... Sure you don't get the final reward on any single one, but you'll get a full extra card and half of another for each secondary character.

You're still getting more total bingos than single character players.

Dnd
Jun 20, 2013, 05:23 PM

You do not know how insanely annoyed this makes me, for once people who stuck with a single character (For whatever reason, not because just being 'cheap' I personally didn't see the point of making more then one char but hey, that's just me) have a 'slight' advantage over those with multiple for ONE reward card.

Alright, so people that stuck with one character get 3 excubes and 2 100% triboosters more (assuming, like myself they hit lv30). People with multiple characters get the entire freaking first board again (Alright, not 'that' special I admit), and 10x a caps, 250% rare booster, 3 10% grind boosters, a half doll and 2 extreme passes PER character AND it works out much more points contribution to the bingo overall.... How the hell can you legitimately complain!

Of course, this can completely change if the 2nd card requires the first one and reverse to be completed, but we can only wait and see.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah, SEGA really kicked our chances of unlocking all the reward panels in the nutsack when they decided to make all those class-specific Bingo boxes, since many people aren't going to feel like leveling other classes.

Coatl
Jun 20, 2013, 06:14 PM
I am going to complete both bingo pages on both my characters. I mean, what else is there to do really? :I

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2013, 06:16 PM
Inb4 next bingo card requires you to have all classes at lv45.

/rage

Coatl
Jun 20, 2013, 06:18 PM

/rage

ugh..ok I'd rather not have anything to do than do that.

Noc Codez
Jun 20, 2013, 06:19 PM

/rage

LOL they would wouldn't they.. ^^

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
I know right? I dont think I can handle 15 more levels on both Gu and Te D:

Ranmaru
Jun 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah, SEGA really kicked our chances of unlocking all the reward panels in the nutsack when they decided to make all those class-specific Bingo boxes, since many people aren't going to feel like leveling other classes.

To me it seems like more of a way to motivate us to level other classes. Though would it be worth it? I just see it as something I'll get once I get there. My main is lvl 35 and I'm working on fighter and it's level 11. I'm only leveling them because they interest me. But once I get to the point of being high level with both, I'll commit to another class so I can play that much more.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2013, 06:21 PM
SEGA's Logic = People stand around in Block 20 talking, give them bingo cards with extremely hard objectives LOL

Kitoshi
Jun 20, 2013, 06:21 PM
Simple solution to all the whiners about the level 30 classes.

Use CO's to feed them to your lowbies, if you feed Xie's CO's you can instantly get it from level 1 to roughly level 13ish (give or take a level).
Then if you do your daily time attack runs, feed those as well.
I personally only do 4 ta's, all very hard's except for lilipa, i fcking hate lilipa.

I feed a FO and TE to level 30 in <2 weeks, i picked up the occasional franka CO and Hans CO to feed while doing ruins AQ.

You people are just crying to cry about shit.
And yes I am obviously aware this would not work if a future bingo card would require level 45, but the issue is about the reverse card here.

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2013, 06:22 PM
B20's logic: Bingo cards? Bitch please, let me stay here for hours and hours and hours and hours grabbing random people SAs and talking about random stuff.

Noc Codez
Jun 20, 2013, 06:23 PM
Simple solution to all the whiners about the level 30 classes.

Use CO's to feed them to your lowbies, if you feed Xie's CO's you can instantly get it from level 1 to roughly level 13ish (give or take a level).
I personally only do 4 ta's, all very hard's except for lilipa, i fcking hate lilipa.

I feed a FO and TE to level 30 in <2 weeks, i picked up the occasional franka CO and Hans CO to feed while doing ruins AQ.

You people are just crying to cry about shit.
And yes I am obviously aware this would not work if a future bingo card would require level 45, but the issue is about the reverse card here.

Wow really ! omg I never thought of that ! *sarcasm*

the point is Bingo is supposed to be fun not a chose..

Derp !

B20's logic: Bingo cards? Bitch please, let me stay here for hours and hours and hours and hours grabbing random people SAs and talking about random stuff.

LOL you forgot Dancing.. oh how they love to idle and dance..

Vandread
Jun 20, 2013, 06:26 PM

Nab2 TA can be used as a force-find Ragne and you can use an all-class weapon so you don't even need to switch classes.

@Noc Codez:
Are you capped on your main class and subclass? If yes, you might as well just do that if it hinders you so much to not have the card complete. That 38.000 XP from Xie or the few thousand XP from TACO's don't really dent your XP-progress towards ExCubes anyway.

It's supposed to be fun yes, and SEGA is doing this maybe... to introduce you to the other classes? Some people dedicate themselves fully to a certain class(combination) and later on the road, try some other class just for shits and giggles and find out it can actually be fun.

There's two sides to the coin.

Coatl
Jun 20, 2013, 06:26 PM
Guys stop whining omg! You can just feed the classes COs to get the prizes you dont even have to play it so whats the problem???!!!

EvilMag
Jun 20, 2013, 06:28 PM
As someone who has 4 Lv60s on 1 character, I think its stupid to force people to play gimped classes just to get the fucking bingos. >_>

Kitoshi
Jun 20, 2013, 06:29 PM

Derp !

How is feeding CO's you do in your regular old quests a chore ?

Unless you are a block 20 person that stands around all day long doing nothing but talking instead of actually playing the game, then yes i understand feeding a CO is a massive chore for you.

As someone who has 4 Lv60s on 1 character, I think its stupid to force people to play gimped classes just to get the fucking bingos. >_>

It might be stupid, but this is Sega! Their stupidity knows no equal.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2013, 06:29 PM
Guys stop whining omg! You can just feed the classes COs to get the prizes you dont even have to play it so whats the problem???!!!

That takes too long, too. COs are boring, and, besides Franka's, I don't have any of the other character's (like Hans or Revelle) questlines unlocked. I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.

Ranmaru
Jun 20, 2013, 06:30 PM
I would think a lower level for the Bingo Card would be ideal, though. Like 15. Warm them up for the pool, not throw them in. :3

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2013, 06:35 PM
I've noticed that on another character you have to complete the card's objectives again, and receive the same prizes, I litterally take my hat off to someone who can finished all 4 cards in the time allocated for the bingo cards. It would be legendary broooooo

Coatl
Jun 20, 2013, 06:36 PM
I've noticed that on another character you have to complete the card's objectives again, and receive the same prizes, I litterally take my hat off to someone who can finished all 4 cards in the time allocated for the bingo cards. It would be legendary broooooo

Thought there were only 2 pages.

BlankM
Jun 20, 2013, 06:44 PM
Let people whine. Its optional right?

Maybe we should all just drop our bingo cards so we don't get 100% rare drop week.

They're waving trinkets in front of our face, and to get them we must do the same repetitive task three times in a slightly different manner. So yes, that is bullshit. Don't even compare it to other MMO's because thats just bad logic. Past PS games had way better events and this is what we're getting for a 1-year anniversary. "Replay the same content we've given you for shinies!"

Its just lazy.

Z-0
Jun 20, 2013, 06:45 PM
All I know is, I already levelled all the classes to 60 (Fighter twice, even, so I could use it as a sub) on two different characters. Why should I have to make 600,000 EXP (not exactly an easy feat on low level characters anymore, since nobody is in Normal / Hard, and I don't have Koffee COs to feed) on classes I've already levelled just so I can clear the second bingo card on a character?

I do get more items than someone with one character who has all the classes levelled up, yes, but I do like seeing things completed, and the EXP I'm putting into classes I'm never going to play could've gone into getting Excubes. :/

Personally, I'm more irritated that SEGA thinks chore-cards qualify as a Maximum Attack event, lol.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2013, 06:45 PM
Thought there were only 2 pages.

From what i seen on my other characters bingo card, the bingo card 1 had to be filled out again.

Ranmaru
Jun 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
How about we just ignore the bingo card if it's really hard for us to have fun for us to do it? We don't NEED to fill out the bingo card. I see it's not an ideal way for people to have fun as a 1-year anniversary, accept that, and just go on your way to do other things. Don't let it frustrate you.

What would be nice would be an option to opt out of the bingo card thing so it doesn't show up in our face.

I'm not going to run and do things for the bingo card, I'm going to have fun my way. Who cares about the bingo card. Once I'm closer to 'getting' things done on the bingo card in my own pace, I won't mind fulfilling them.

La'Haryl
Jun 20, 2013, 06:51 PM
Let people whine. Its optional right?

Maybe we should all just drop our bingo cards so we don't get 100% rare drop week.

They're waving trinkets in front of our face, and to get them we must do the same repetitive task three times in a slightly different manner. So yes, that is bullshit. Don't even compare it to other MMO's because thats just bad logic. Past PS games had way better events and this is what we're getting for a 1-year anniversary. "Replay the same content we've given you for shinies!"

Its just lazy.

By past PS games you're referring to PSO PC, where you had the same 4 stages to run all day every day?

Or GC where you had the same 8 stages to run all day every day?

Or BB where you had the same 11 stages to run all day every day?

Or PSO2 where you have the same 22 stages to run all day every day?

You're seriously saying the fact that they're offering you bonus awards for doing something you're going to do anyway by the very design of the game, is lazy?

See, you do have the right to whine, but if you're going to do it publicly at least make a good case to support your whining. Otherwise, and I'm not going to sugar coat it, you just come off as a bitch, and no one wants to have to scroll past what you have to say.

Z-0
Jun 20, 2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah, um, PSO2 has 9 areas. (others are RNG-bound, so don't count). That's 9 quests in total, because everything is randomly generated and feels the exact same.

In past PS games, quests gave the same maps different feels and variety, and the game was a lot bigger and a lot more enjoyable because of it. It also wasn't as grindy, repetitive and annoying as PSO2.

Also:

You're seriously saying the fact that they're offering you bonus awards for doing something you're going to do anyway by the very design of the game, lazy?
But I'm not going to do it. Unfortunately, that means I'm being an unhelpful person for not helping with the bingo tally. :< Shame on me.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2013, 06:56 PM
PSO 2 Server down, = end of world to some, everyone grab there ride on mammoth and ride into the sunset.

BlankM
Jun 20, 2013, 06:57 PM
By past PS games you're referring to PSO PC, where you had the same 4 stages to run all day every day?

Or GC where you had the same 8 stages to run all day every day?

Or BB where you had the same 11 stages to run all day every day?

Or PSO2 where you have the same 22 stages to run all day every day?

You're seriously saying the fact that they're offering you bonus awards for doing something you're going to do anyway by the very design of the game, is lazy?

See, you do have the right to whine, but if you're going to do it publicly at least make a good case to support your whining. Otherwise, and I'm not going to sugar coat it, you just come off as a bitch, and no one wants to have to scroll past what you have to say.

22 stages that are all just randomly copy-pasted blocks of the same thing? Yeah, thats rich.

PSOBB I could name at least 15 quests worth doing at any time. All with set layouts. Yes, layouts that were actually designed to be navigable and threw SPECIFIC spawns at you.

I can't say the same for PSO2. Rares are locked behind AQs. Which are basically just free explore. Time attacks and XQs are daily(Only half the TAs have worthwhile drops and XQs could take you months to get what you want).

You're making generalizations on content that's artificially expanded. Because thats exactly what SEGA is aiming to do. They bloat and reskin the same damn shit to make it seem like theres more then what there really is.

Doing something I'm going to do anyway like level three classes I don't intend to play again on my main character? I have two other characters with two other mags to play those classes on yet I'm supposed to do it on ONE character who I could just be grinding excubes with?

Just saying there are valid reasons to complain. Not sure why this makes you so upset. You know more people have to do the bingo card other then you for the best rewards to kick in. Why would you not want the bingo card to be more accessible to everybody?

La'Haryl
Jun 20, 2013, 06:57 PM
All I'm saying is that a lot of you clearly don't even enjoy playing this game and need to move on to something else. That's all.

Z-0
Jun 20, 2013, 07:02 PM
All I'm saying is that a lot of you clearly don't even enjoy playing this game and need to move on to something else. That's all.
We enjoy playing the game, and we want to see it do well. It's why people complain like they do. They saw what SEGA could do with Online, Universe, Zero and the Portables, so why does PSO2 have to be so shallow?

Maybe it is doing well in its current state, but I can't see it continue to do well. The Japanese feel the same sentiments as us if you look around. I see countless images / comics, reviews, comments on boards, etc. saying the same things as us. Usually I'd just drop a game if I started to dislike it, but I've been a fan of the Phantasy Star series since Online, and I really don't want to see Phantasy Star change for the worse to grab as much money as they can.

BlankM
Jun 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
You said more then that but okay.

There is this thing called thinking "critically." You can enjoy something while realizing its faults. The more you enjoy it the more you may contemplate things that could have been done better.

People can spend their time how they want. Thats why the bingo score is actually going up at all. Because guess what, SEGA could have put almost anything there and people probably still would have hit the goal.

Shadowth117
Jun 20, 2013, 07:04 PM

Well jee, if SEGA was doing this right we shouldn't be feeling that way. I want to enjoy this game more honestly.

And like Blank said, if the majority of the people are in the same boat as far as classes go, than they've designed a system that's too annoying for us to actually reap its rewards, even though they fully intended for us to have them all in the end. It wasn't well thought out, like more than a few things in this game and there's no reason that we should ignore that.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2013, 07:13 PM
Making legitimate complaints about the way the game is designed = entitled 'whining'. Not the first time someone has attempted to posit that connection. Didn't work those times, either.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 07:13 PM
i don't have my favorite food

better not eat tonight

BlankM
Jun 20, 2013, 07:20 PM
I just wish it was more of a collaborative effort. Most my friends reaction to these panels were negative and they just aren't going to do them. They barely have enough time to level their main classes, let alone feed CO's to classes they aren't going to play...

Feeding CO's by your lonesome is kind of a missed opportunity to encourage people to do something cool together. Y'know...like an event. Thats why I kinda liked the first card since most of it was just done via doing BB.

Also "gamer entitlement" is thrown around so much nowadays I think. I find it really sad. But eh... I'll just say this, It shouldn't be the player's problem that they react negatively to a product meant for their enjoyment.

Zalana
Jun 20, 2013, 07:21 PM
I'll be nice and stay out of this since it'll end up like the 11* shop thread. :-)

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 07:24 PM
I didn't really like the counter system in PSOBB's events because it made me feel goddamn worthless to the cause (even though I wound up showing up on the top player counters multiple times like a 500 pound neckbeard), but god damn that was infinitely better than fucking bingo that isn't even actually bingo.

This isn't an event quest. It's the normal ragne city quest with a bigger spawn list and one single new enemy (and its reskin).

PSO1's events tended to have maps and laid out puzzles and mazes and, occasionally, actually challenging layouts of enemies that didn't depend on the RNG to show up.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
Well reasoned criticism is fine.
I never said or implied people shouldn't post rational, well-reasoned criticism about aspects of PSO2. But some of that criticism is highly subjective and debatable. But I neither have the time or interest to carry on such a debate as it's not worth my time. But those that want to debate can do so if they wish. But when All one sees from a small few, the same negative diatribes, it's just leaves one to think "if they don't like the game, why don't the leave the game and move on?"

It's like some people are NEVER happy and have to nitpick and complain about EVERYTHING in PSO2. It gets tiresome to read.

BlankM
Jun 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
PSO1's events tended to have maps and laid out puzzles and mazes and, occasionally, actually challenging layouts of enemies that didn't depend on the RNG to show up.

^This x1000.

I'll be surprised if we get a 3rd bingo card and it doesn't have us level the other three classes to 30.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 07:28 PM
Well reasoned criticism is fine.
I never said or implied people shouldn't post rational, well-reasoned criticism about aspects of PSO2. But some of that criticism is highly subjective and debatable. But I neither have the time or interest to carry on such a debate as it's not worth my time. But those that want to debate can do so if they wish. But when All one sees from a small few, the same negative diatribes, it's just leaves one to think "if they don't like the game, why don't the leave the game and move on?"

It's like some people are NEVER happy and have to nitpick and complain about EVERYTHING in PSO2. It gets tiresome to read.

I think it's more that people comment on A. what they disagree with, and B. things as they happen.

I post a decent share of positive things as they happen. Most of my "negative" posts aren't actually even negative, just an excess of always-on nerdrage that I slather all over most of what I say. Generally speaking, I'm a pretty neutral person that doesn't word things in a particularly neutral way. Because internet.

Shadowth117
Jun 20, 2013, 07:30 PM
I didn't really like the counter system in PSOBB's events because it made me feel goddamn worthless to the cause (even though I wound up showing up on the top player counters multiple times like a 500 pound neckbeard), but god damn that was infinitely better than fucking bingo that isn't even actually bingo.

This isn't an event quest. It's the normal ragne city quest with a bigger spawn list and one single new enemy (and its reskin).

This so much. ^

While I didn't play PSOBB online ever, PSU did have numerous events that sound like what's being described there. Ironic how the game that's not played off as a direct sequel stays truer to the original. But anyways, I miss that a lot as well. Its really a shame that as of yet hasn't come over to this game. The closest we have to that kind of thing is well... time attack missions... which we only have 5 of.

somd
Jun 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
It took a whole year to get an event and this is what we get?

BlankM
Jun 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
We got arks grand prix though! Yeahhhhhh!

;_;

I would like to believe I'm in the same camp as Gigawuts. I comment on things as I disagree with it. I'm not actually unhappy about very many things, as its easy to please me. But I'm critical by nature, and video games are more then a hobby to me at the time. Message boards are just an easy outlet to bounce thoughts around.

Macman
Jun 20, 2013, 07:33 PM

/rage
Good thing I have that already! You whiners are all lightweights. :wacko:

It is pretty stupid, though.

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2013, 07:44 PM
It's not like I play this game 24/7, man. Some people here actually go to school or work, have a family and other real life responsabilities to take care of. The least a normal person expects from a game like this is doing something against your will, and that's exactly what they are doing on making you play a class you might never enjoy playing for a single day of your life. It's optional, yeah, but it is not fun at all if you decide to do it.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 20, 2013, 07:50 PM
IMO, Arks Bingo Card 1 was great fun clearing all the panels and the rewards for clearing a row were quite nice.
Reverse Side... yes, the panel challenges could of been done differently, and having to do CO's for a class one doesn't play is very *inconvenient.* Is it a "terrible burden"? IMO not really.
But ah well, I need to level up RA and FO anyways and it's interesting to see what it's like to be a FO or a RA or Techer.

It's better to be like a reed, and bend with the wind, than be a pertrified stick in the mud.

Reiketsu
Jun 20, 2013, 07:55 PM
It's not like I play this game 24/7, man. Some people here actually go to school or work, have a family and other real life responsabilities to take care of. The least a normal person expects from a game like this is doing something against your will, and that's exactly what they are doing on making you play a class you might never enjoy playing for a single day of your life. It's optional, yeah, but it is not fun at all if you decide to do it.

This, really.
I just don't have the time for this crap. Sure, no one forces me to complete the bingo card, but I'd still like to do so for the prizes, for completion's sake and to work towards the collective bingo score. But I can't.
And even if I had the time, it's just no fun, at all.

I mean, if I had the time to level all classes, or if I wanted to do so, I would've done that long ago.

It's not like I'm terribly mad at this. I just won't complete the card, that's all.
But it's still kinda disappointing, because I would've liked to complete it for the above mentioned reasons.

RadiantLegend
Jun 20, 2013, 07:56 PM
I refuse to lv RA/GU/FO/TE. I've done all I can for the reverse side. Sorry fellow arks. Dudu always wins.

Noc Codez
Jun 20, 2013, 08:51 PM
I refuse to lv RA/GU/FO/TE. I've done all I can for the reverse side. Sorry fellow arks. Dudu always wins.

Dudu is evil I tell you ! Lol

He's laughing at us right now.

Zenobia
Jun 20, 2013, 08:52 PM
SEGA's Logic = People stand around in Block 20 talking, give them bingo cards with extremely hard objectives LOL

^irrelevant to the thread none of that shit on the bingo is actually challenging its a bore

SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON B20 logic: Bingo cards? Bitch please, let me stay here for hours and hours and hours and hours grabbing random people SAs and talking about random stuff.

^Fixed

Derp !

Believe the word you're looking for is choice and yeah they may love to dance but all of them are not in that minority.

You 3 bitch about B20 like females and it's childish.

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 08:54 PM
I don't think it would have been so bad if it were just the unlock quests for Fighter/Gunner/Techer. Having everything unlocked gives you a taste of the classes (well, not if you CO them up) so you can really know if you don't like how they play.

That's the idea, anyway. Level 30 is where the core mechanics of each class is mostly laid out and if you actually played the class up to that point you would start to get a solid feel of things.

The problem is leveling up another class from scratch is no faster than the first time through. Actually, it's slower since you don't have any of the one-time COs and there are EXP penalties at every turn. There's no incentive to run any mission that isn't the highest level available (without penalty) and practically nobody MPAs in those level ranges anymore. This makes it frustrating and boring, all on top of something you didn't even want to do in the first place.

Noc Codez
Jun 20, 2013, 08:55 PM
^irrelevant to the to the thread none of that shit on the bingo is actually challenging its a bore

^Fixed

Believe the word you're looking for is choice and yeah they may love to dance but all of them are not in that minority.

Lol that's what happens when you post from your phone.. I like B20 btw I go there for the crazyness and the drama sometimes it's better than watching TV. Lol

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 08:57 PM
You know what wouldn't have been so bad?

ACTUAL BINGO.

You know, with multiple solutions per card. Then appropriately cap the number of cards you can do, or after a set number have the players have to work to unlock more or something I don't know.

This system is seriously bad and it could've been way more fun and interactive if they even slightly tried to make it better.

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 08:59 PM
What, like randomly oriented versions of the first card that refresh every time you get a bingo?

People would complain about having to redo the same conditions repeatedly. Plus a good handful of things would never be done by anyone.

Shadowth117
Jun 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
What, like randomly oriented versions of the first card that refresh every time you get a bingo?

People would complain about having to redo the same conditions repeatedly. Plus a good handful of things would never be done by anyone.

Well, to be honest, if I had an infinite source of some of the rewards on the bingo cards I would totally go for them. Its just kind of a shame that we really can't in the end.

Zenobia
Jun 20, 2013, 09:06 PM
Lol that's what happens when you post from your phone.. I like B20 btw I go there for the crazyness and the drama sometimes it's better than watching TV. Lol

^Aside from me going there to help ppl out and chat with friendlies I can totally agree with you here LOL!

TaigaUC
Jun 20, 2013, 09:14 PM

That comment reminds me of how everytime the game dumps me in B20, I see people saying that women play games too and how amazing they are for doing so. Interesting to see what topics Westerners constantly talk about.
Meanwhile, gaming has always been common for both males and females in Asian countries like Japan, which is constantly regarded by the West as being one of the most sexist places in the world and extremely oppressive of their females.
Hypocrisy and ignorance for self-deluded superior moral ground! Yey. And people wonder why Japanese people are xenophobic.

Well, to be honest, if I had an infinite source of some of the rewards on the bingo cards I would totally go for them. Its just kind of a shame that we really can't in the end.

I actually thought that was how it was going to be. A system where people are rewarded for doing various things. Instead, it's just this one-time crap again.

They seem totally incapable of coming up with content that lasts longer than a few days. Unless it relies entirely on random number generation, of course.

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2013, 09:15 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/228/590/Azurafuck.png
[/spoiler-box]

@Shadow: Can I has more freebie 250% rare drop boosters? :3

LordShade
Jun 20, 2013, 09:16 PM
I actually thought that was how it was going to be. A system where people are rewarded for doing various things. Instead, it's just this one-time crap again.

They seem totally incapable of coming up with content that lasts longer than a few days. Unless it's random number generator based, of course.

if it was that way, the rewards would have to be toned down.

Right now the rewards are decent, tickets, accessories, tri boosts and 250% drop boosts as well, if they could be repeated whenever I can guarantee you the best reward would probably be a photon drop

Jeesus when did this thread get 8 pages

I don't mind leveling the classes to 30, I have my ways to get them up without even trying. It helps that I have an interest in most of the classes along with whenever I start to level up a new class, I design a build for it and it gives me plenty of motivation to see it to fruition.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 09:24 PM

Maybe you missed it, but people are already complaining about having to redo the same conditions repeatedly and a good handful of things are already never being done by anyone.

TaigaUC
Jun 20, 2013, 09:24 PM
if it was that way, the rewards would have to be toned down.

The rewards are pretty shit anyway. I don't think I've ever gotten a single decent drop from any rare drop boost tickets. I actually get more rares when I'm in full combat gear and 0% rare boost. That's how useless rare drop boost is.

This system is seriously bad and it could've been way more fun and interactive if they even slightly tried to make it better.

That pretty much sums up the entire game.

Maybe you missed it, but people are already complaining about having to redo the same conditions repeatedly and a good handful of things are already never being done by anyone.

The WHOLE GAME is about redoing the same conditions. Over, and over, and over. It shows how lacking the game is in content, and part of the reason why people get bored so easily. It's a completely legitimate complaint.
It's like if Tetris only ever gave you one block and rewarded you with "speed down" bonuses for putting it in the same place over and over. That is just not fun.

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 09:27 PM

The repeats were because it was bugged, but once it sticks you never have to do it again unless you have another character. Much less than if you had an unlimited supply of the exact same bingo card (shuffled).

And I see lots of people doing forest AQ and XQ floors despite never doing them normally. That wouldn't happen nearly as much if most bingo squares were optional.

LordShade
Jun 20, 2013, 09:30 PM
The rewards are pretty shit anyway. I don't think I've ever gotten a single decent drop from any rare drop boost tickets. I actually get more rares when I'm in full combat gear and 0% rare boost. That's how useless rare drop boost is.

That pretty much sums up the entire game.

I've gotten plenty of rares with rare drop boosts. They do work. Its just the time they give you per ticket is hardly worth anything. If you expect anything in 30minutes then you have your hope way too high in the clouds.

I had around 20 50% rare drop boosts and I used about 12 of them on rare drop rate boost day, and I got an Evil Curst, Ragne launcher, Belk welker and a whole variety of other 10stars I was looking for.

saying they're useless just shows how people don't know how they really work.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 09:31 PM
I never said they would shuffle the same card, i said it would be more like real bingo and then just didn't bother arguing when you said it. Bingo does not shuffle around the numbers 1 through 25, it shows numbers that go as high as you damn well please. They could have a criteria for each individual enemy. They could even require you to use a specific weapon to clear the bingo tile to massively increase the number of combinations. It says feed your mag? Why not have it so you need to feed it in a certain map or kind of quest?

There is an effectively limitless pool of criteria they could use for bingo selection, and instead people are defending a system where everyone has two identical bingo cards.

LordShade
Jun 20, 2013, 09:38 PM
I never said they would shuffle the same card, i said it would be more like real bingo and then just didn't bother arguing when you said it. Bingo does not shuffle around the numbers 1 through 25, it shows numbers that go as high as you damn well please. They could have a criteria for each individual enemy. They could even require you to use a specific weapon to clear the bingo tile to massively increase the number of combinations. It says feed your mag? Why not have it so you need to feed it in a certain map or kind of quest?

There is an effectively limitless pool of criteria they could use for bingo selection, and instead people are defending a system where everyone has two identical bingo cards.

the only problem with that is the 'extra' work required by the Dev team to create a system that randomizes properly and effectively

and you can guarantee properly and effectively arn't words in Sega's dictionary

Zenobia
Jun 20, 2013, 09:41 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/228/590/Azurafuck.png
[/spoiler-box]

Let the battle begin....

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xpe8sRH.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Btw your meme is wrong cause you do give a fuck about what they do you should fix it and learn2meme.

Zenobia
Jun 20, 2013, 09:47 PM
That comment reminds me of how everytime the game dumps me in B20, I see people saying that women play games too and how amazing they are for doing so. Interesting to see what topics Westerners constantly talk about.
Meanwhile, gaming has always been common for both males and females in Asian countries like Japan, which is constantly regarded by the West as being one of the most sexist places in the world and extremely oppressive of their females.
Hypocrisy and ignorance for self-deluded superior moral ground! Yey. And people wonder why Japanese people are xenophobic.

Dunno why you summed it up as that and even going as far as bringing the Japanese in it but let me straighten it out for ya. Ever heard of a woman's feelings are sensitive?
If so then you get that comment I dun have time to give you a full documentation but I will say this.

I'll try to break it down simply. (You could write books on this subject)

Japan for the longest time had closed doors to the outside world. Not integrating with other people nor cultures. A sort of pride was born out of this, superiority is a word some folk would use as well.

Then come Admiral Perry who blew open the doors to trade. Mind you, Japan was one of the last hold outs of a country to not interact with the rest of the progressing world.

Many traditional ideas still exist with this feeling of superiority. People who are even half Japanese (hafu) experience some awful bullying as kids and the parents of those kids.

It is about as opposite as you can get to the American idea of the 'melting pot'. While integration is happening here at a rapid pace, it is still quite slow compared to the rest of the world.

Once more integration happens people should (hopefully) shed more the xenophobic ideas that are so old.

And think before you post cause not all Japanese agree along the lines you mention.

UnLucky
Jun 20, 2013, 10:06 PM
I never said they would shuffle the same card, i said it would be more like real bingo and then just didn't bother arguing when you said it. Bingo does not shuffle around the numbers 1 through 25, it shows numbers that go as high as you damn well please.

You said a vague concept and never expounded on it.

If it were real bingo, we'd just have a bunch of numbers that can randomly give out prizes with no way for players to influence their chances at all. I'd much prefer the current system over that.

I don't have good faith that Sega would create a sizeable amount of individual criterion, so shuffling around the same 50 or so is about as much as I would expect. And if it didn't randomize, then you'd bingo once and then it's over.

gigawuts
Jun 20, 2013, 10:16 PM
You're doing that thing where you get lost in the semantic details of an idea, as opposed to seeing the concept itself. You read an idea of having multiple random bingo cards and immediately veered to saying "but that would mean rotating the same stuff and that would be bad" despite that never being mentioned at all, instead of commenting even a little bit on the idea of multiple cards you don't have to fully complete, but instead can choose your own tiles to complete as you saw fit.

Zenobia
Jun 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
You're doing that thing where you get lost in the semantic details of an idea, as opposed to seeing the concept itself. You read an idea of having multiple random bingo cards and immediately veered to saying "but that would mean rotating the same stuff and that would be bad" despite that never being mentioned at all, instead of commenting even a little bit on the idea of multiple cards you don't have to fully complete, but instead can choose your own tiles to complete as you saw fit.

Unlucky does that about 90% of the time.

Zalana
Jun 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
Dunno why you summed it up as that and even going as far as bringing the Japanese in it but let me straighten it out for ya. Ever heard of a woman's feelings are sensitive?
If so then you get that comment I dun have time to give you a full documentation but I will say this.

I'll try to break it down simply. (You could write books on this subject)

Japan for the longest time had closed doors to the outside world. Not integrating with other people nor cultures. A sort of pride was born out of this, superiority is a word some folk would use as well.

Then come Admiral Perry who blew open the doors to trade. Mind you, Japan was one of the last hold outs of a country to not interact with the rest of the progressing world.

Many traditional ideas still exist with this feeling of superiority. People who are even half Japanese (hafu) experience some awful bullying as kids and the parents of those kids.

It is about as opposite as you can get to the American idea of the 'melting pot'. While integration is happening here at a rapid pace, it is still quite slow compared to the rest of the world.

Once more integration happens people should (hopefully) shed more the xenophobic ideas that are so old.

And think before you post cause not all Japanese agree along the lines you mention.

I was waiting for you to call him out on that. Couldn't agree more on that. *high-fives*

Zenobia
Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 PM
I was waiting for you to call him out on that. Couldn't agree more on that. *high-fives*

I try not to get to serious on cases like these or others but honesty when they act childish on things like that it irritates the hell outta me. How I hate when I have to be all srs business with the lot of these folks.....

UnLucky
Jun 21, 2013, 01:25 AM
And you're doing that thing where you say nothing at all and then complain that any speculative reply is putting words in your mouth.

And then don't say anything else.

But in a lot of words.

BlankM
Jun 21, 2013, 01:45 AM
You guys are so cute when you break each other down~

Zenobia
Jun 21, 2013, 01:46 AM
You guys are so cute when you break each other down~

You should be the equalizer. Go ahead mellow them out.

TaigaUC
Jun 21, 2013, 02:21 AM
Came back to this thread to say the bingo is still broken. Still no Elder completion on my friend's character, despite clearing it 4 times on Very Hard. Did the same thing for all my characters, no problems.

Yes, my friend's character has the reverse side unlocked. Arms counted, but Elder did not.

I'm well aware of the history of Japan's xenophobia. I never impled that every Japanese person was xenophobic. I myself have met and befriended many over the past decades. I don't know how you read what I wrote as implying that they are all xenophobic. Perhaps it's my fault for not being clear. Also, I don't know why you said "a woman's feelings are sensitive", as if men don't have feelings or aren't sensitive.

I was trying to explain that negative everyday contact can discourage Japanese people from opening up to foreigners. You can't just dismiss those because they have a history of xenophobia. I have witnessed many situations where Japanese people tried to reach out, socialize and reason with Westerners, only to be insulted, ridiculed and dismissed. Western media also constantly portrays Japan in negative light over issues that are the same or worse in their own country. With that in mind, I can't blame Japanese people for avoiding foreigners. Again, I never said they all do that.

The real point of my previous post was to mock the hypocrisy of how females playing games is "surprising and unbelievable" in the West, yet it is the norm in Asian countries like Japan. This is while Western media often portrays places like Japan as women-hating patriarchies. No place is perfect, but it is telling that other countries don't overreact to the discovery that females also play games.

Everyone seems to think that females don't play games because they aren't good at them, or that they are driven away because of "boys' club" mentality. In reality, I think females generally aren't as interested in games. It also depends on the content of the game. I've seen people point out that Japanese games are better at appealing to females than Western games. In regards to "boys' club" mentality, males are pressured to be better than females, and are ridiculed if they are not. It's completely reasonable that they would want to keep females out of their hobbies, so as to avoid being ridiculed. It's not males that are at fault, it's societal expectations of both genders.

Anyway, this is very off-topic, and I understand that this is hardly the place to talk about such issues. I was just mocking popular topics of B20 and expressing frustration at vaguely relevant issues.
I apologize for derailing this thread, and for anything that people might take offense at. That was not my intention. I just point out things for consideration, not for argument. I won't say anymore.

TL;DR - There's nothing special about females playing games. Don't blame Japanese people if they're afraid of foreigners acting like dicks.

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 07:35 AM
And you're doing that thing where you say nothing at all and then complain that any speculative reply is putting words in your mouth.

And then don't say anything else.

But in a lot of words.

Or, more specifically, I tackle each non-issue you bring up as you bring it up and you try to mutate it into some other bizarre "but, like, what if?" non-issue.

I just said how they could easily account for literally hundreds of bingo tiles. Take every enemy in the game, now make it so you need to kill them with a specific weapon from any class, now change anything else you can do to being in a specific map, and bam that is hundreds upon hundreds of things. It would not be at all difficult to set it up so players don't get repeats of what they've already done with that sheer volume of options. Select them by difficulty for each bingo card, so you get some easy ones (feed mag in caves) and some hard ones (kill miniboss with x weapon), then plenty of in betweens (kill fordran with x weapon). Or, if that's too much load on the database, don't even mark items as completed already and let players get them again if the RNG gods deem it so. It's not like they're not already doing the same bullshit over and over again, so why should this be any different? Prior games had you run the exact same mission over and over again and people looked forward to it - hell all anyone can do in PSO2 is run the same small handful of quests repeatedly - so I'm not quite sure what the problem with that is.

If your main problem with something is that it might get repetitive you must be forgetting the game you're discussing.

The fact that I had to actually break all of these steps down because you found any of this even a little bit problematic instead of thinking about it for 15 seconds by yourself and coming to a conclusion on your own is fucking depressing. Either that, or you're going out of your way to argue about something entirely simple and unimportant just for shits.

UnLucky
Jun 21, 2013, 07:56 AM
I'm glad you took the effort to expand upon "it should be like bingo." Now I can actually discuss your idea without having to build my own from scratch while you take it as a personal insult when it's not exactly as you imagined it but never shared.

I like it. If not completely wide open like you suggest, they could just do many slight variants of what they already have now. Repeats would be kept to a minimum because of such a large pool of possible bingo squares to pull from. The bullshit ones could be avoided until you've progressed through so many cards that you only get ones full of difficult conditions. Perhaps with some way to pull a new card without having to complete one, but only once a day or so.

Coulda said something like that instead of "People already repeat things now, so it would be fine." And then I could say "The main problem with your idea is that it requires Sega to do more work."

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 07:57 AM
"The main problem with your idea is that it requires Sega to do more work."

Well that's the crux of every issue so you could've skipped right to it.