PDA

View Full Version : A reminder that you will probably never hear this track in-game ever again

Zyrusticae
Jun 20, 2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k

Well, unless you're the type of person who runs Ragne just because. Me, I haven't done a Ragne run in months. It makes me extremely sad especially knowing how good her theme is.

One of these days they will implement boss themes on emergency quest appearance. That would be nice.

(Then they could make a special theme for when multiple bosses are on the field! Yes, I am dreamer, I know...)

D-Inferno
Jun 20, 2013, 11:03 PM
Why not just play City AQ?

Zyrusticae
Jun 20, 2013, 11:08 PM
I don't run AQs.

The Walrus
Jun 20, 2013, 11:09 PM
Why?

Fuck you 5 character rule

Maenara
Jun 20, 2013, 11:21 PM
I run City AQ all the time. In fact, in the past 7 City AQ runs, 5 of them gave me Dark Agrani, and one gave me Gwanahda Nero. No reason to not run City AQ.

Sayara
Jun 20, 2013, 11:22 PM
the term is FOCL. for that.

Also; perhaps because they don't enjoythat game style?

Zyrusticae
Jun 20, 2013, 11:28 PM
Why?I don't join Japanese parties because not being able to read the description fills me with absolute paranoid terror, leaving me with a small handful of English-speaking parties to join, most of which are pre-made from teams or are running shit I don't care about (seriously, how many fucking times do you need to run ruins?). The rest of the time it's just too much effort for something I don't even care enough about in the first place.

I also really hate being locked-in to a full run. This is something I really like about MPAs - I can just jump in and jump out whenever the fuck I want, no specific time commitment necessary. It is simply the best available gameplay style for someone with severe SAD like me, which isn't saying much since it's basically the only option besides soloing, but hey, you take what you can get.

I actually forgot that Ragne is even a possible boss for the city AQ, because I've never run it. How sad is that, eh?

Alisha
Jun 20, 2013, 11:32 PM
no music in this game is good. somethings wrong when a 10 year old game has better music.

Coatl
Jun 20, 2013, 11:35 PM
My favourite boss theme truthly. :c

LordShade
Jun 21, 2013, 01:22 AM
fully buffed level 60 agrani in City AQ with all legs broken.

hell on earth. The hardest boss in the entire game.

This theme matched really well.

people run ruins because of Falz Hunar, alot of people want the sword of absolute destiny.

We don't have fixed groups on ship 10, we just grab anybody and everybody we find to take on AQ runs. Providing they want to come along. I don't know why ship 2 has alot of fixed groups for everything, its one complaint I get alot from some friends who hopped ship hoping to get the benefits of a bigger english pop, but instead got the worst.

Shadowth117
Jun 21, 2013, 01:32 AM
people run ruins because of Falz Hunar, alot of people want the sword of absolute destiny.

We don't have fixed groups on ship 10, we just grab anybody and everybody we find to take on AQ runs. Providing they want to come along. I don't know why ship 2 has alot of fixed groups for everything, its one complaint I get alot from some friends who hopped ship hoping to get the benefits of a bigger english pop, but instead got the worst.

Well there's also the best 10* rod, but clearly people must want HUnar's outdated sword more than anything.

As far as fixed groups, isn't it kind of natural that if you're in a big clan type group with a whole bunch of people that the first people you'd ask to run with would be from there? The convenience of it is great, especially when whispering numerous people individually, who may or may not be afk, is so time consuming in comparison. And its not like people won't run outside these groups on occasion, but most of the time there's little reason to bother.

Syklo
Jun 21, 2013, 01:43 AM
I don't get why this track is so popular, because I honestly prefer other tracks in-game.
MANY other tracks.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2013, 02:28 AM
I don't join Japanese parties because not being able to read the description fills me with absolute paranoid terror, leaving me with a small handful of English-speaking parties to join, most of which are pre-made from teams or are running shit I don't care about (seriously, how many fucking times do you need to run ruins?). The rest of the time it's just too much effort for something I don't even care enough about in the first place.

I also really hate being locked-in to a full run. This is something I really like about MPAs - I can just jump in and jump out whenever the fuck I want, no specific time commitment necessary. It is simply the best available gameplay style for someone with severe SAD like me, which isn't saying much since it's basically the only option besides soloing, but hey, you take what you can get.

I actually forgot that Ragne is even a possible boss for the city AQ, because I've never run it. How sad is that, eh?

weren't those the days?? i truly was never as addicted to this game as back when MPAs were the thing to run, now everyone's segregated, and you have to make commitments for runs+^_^+ i added a lot more people to my list in MPAs then after they nerfed them+^_^+

strikerhunter
Jun 21, 2013, 02:46 AM
One of these days they will implement boss themes on emergency quest appearance. That would be nice.

(Then they could make a special theme for when multiple bosses are on the field! Yes, I am dreamer, I know...)

This.

Really I mean they do it for Hunar so why not all of the other bosses? Why don't they add a music theme based on a fight between 2 bosses? (it'Sega of course they won't, they only did it for Hunar for some dumb reason)

fully buffed level 60 agrani in City AQ with all legs broken.

hell on earth. The hardest boss in the entire game.

*grabs TDs and TMGs and continues to airborne*
Well that just made Argani the easiest boss ever (nah it's hard when not being able to airborne or being full-time on the dirt or single jump)

Honestly the ruins AQ, city AQ, and decision making on what EQ to go to killed the reasons to go to Ragne boss in City. That EQ literally had a meaning to do, but with those 3 things I just said it just killed the reasons to do that EQ now, actually with those 3 things it killed the reasons to do nearly all of the EQs with the exception of Falz and Vadhra.

I used to have fun doing Ragne City EQ because of both her theme and what I was aiming for (lots of things) but now with her being in City AQ, the only means to do that EQ is just for the music.

Gardios
Jun 21, 2013, 02:55 AM
I don't get why this track is so popular, because I honestly prefer other tracks in-game.
MANY other tracks.

The track has a special place in my heart because it's the first big boss I encountered in the game ("Oh my god the discs are going to kill all of us!") and facing her in the sphere arena does so much for the atmosphere.

Good times.

blace
Jun 21, 2013, 02:58 AM
I never really paid attention to it before, but this does sound better than some of the newer boss themes.

strikerhunter
Jun 21, 2013, 03:08 AM
I never really paid attention to it before, but this does sound better than some of the newer boss themes.

Still doesn't beat Dragon EX's theme for me, but hell her theme is by far way better than Hunar's loud blasting annoying theme and the regular small boss(es) theme.

Coatl
Jun 21, 2013, 03:29 AM
Still doesn't beat Dragon EX's theme for me, but hell her theme is by far way better than Hunar's loud blasting annoying theme and the regular small boss(es) theme.

Eh, I actually thought Hunar's theme was among the best boss themes in the game. Dragon EX's theme is a little..dull.

Zenobia
Jun 21, 2013, 03:38 AM
MANY other tracks.

2 Word.

CLOSED BETA.

Zenobia
Jun 21, 2013, 03:39 AM
I don't join Japanese parties because not being able to read the description fills me with absolute paranoid terror, leaving me with a small handful of English-speaking parties to join, most of which are pre-made from teams or are running shit I don't care about (seriously, how many fucking times do you need to run ruins?). The rest of the time it's just too much effort for something I don't even care enough about in the first place.

Zyru add me sometime idm doing w/e runs or w/e it is with ya.

zegun~kun
Jun 21, 2013, 04:18 AM
this is just like a debate between jazz lovers, rock lovers, and pop lovers

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 21, 2013, 09:13 PM
no music in this game is good. somethings wrong when a 10 year old game has better music.

you're an idiot

BlankM
Jun 21, 2013, 09:30 PM
I actually...don't like much of this game's music either. There's ruins, some of f.cont, and I guess the new Falz arms music...and thats about it. And none of that I find very stellar.

When this game has stuff on the level of Trick Track, Nostalgia in Solitude, or Idola series then maybe I'll pay attention to it.

Xaeris
Jun 21, 2013, 09:45 PM
I love Ragne's theme for how it changes as you break legs. I feel like it goes from "oh crap, oh crap, oh crap," to "yeah, yeah, we can do this" as it changes. Unfortunately, you don't get much occasion to hear it anymore, even in City AQ, since Ragne just kinda goes kablooie these days.

LordShade
Jun 21, 2013, 09:48 PM
I just don't like Floating continent's music. That is a literal mess of tunes and tones.

My favorites are probably city theme (all variations), Ex Theme, Ragne theme, followed by Forest, Desert and Ruins, Sanctum Battle theme gets a noteworthy mention.

Elder and falz arm themes are both good, and for the last time there is no NEW falz themes, sega originally implemented 4 themes for falz arm, one for 20%, one for 40%, and one for 60 and 80% destruction, however what usually happens is, you hear the 0% theme, and then the percentage shoots straight up to 80%. Meaning the chance of hearing the middle % themes was slim to none.

You get to hear them once per elder EQ now currently. Due to the increased time take to kill the hands and higher % requirements.

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
I love when battle music goes from "oh crap" to "aw yea," but it has to be noticeable.

I think Zelda Twilight Princess did that really well with a few of its boss fights. Some seriously epic victory music when you start gashing an eyeball apart always makes for good times.

But the way some bosses have at least 6 tracks is just too much noise for me. It never really slips into a song or theme, it's just background noise. Maybe if vol had less variation, and a more obvious theme to each song segment I'd like it more, but if I immediately forget what a boss' theme song is after getting to the campship something's wrong.

As for free fields, most of what I liked wound up being snippets from prior games I hadn't played so...PSO2 gets no credit for that.

koinukasuka
Jun 21, 2013, 09:54 PM
yea i forgot the music for ragne, since i hadn't played in ages ;P

but yea i'm gonna be playing again i started back up today, but so far i haven;t seen ONE of my friends from back then, and my team was disbanded :/ so back to square 1 x3

Kondibon
Jun 21, 2013, 11:47 PM
I love when battle music goes from "oh crap" to "aw yea," but it has to be noticeable.

I think most of the bosses do it pretty well actually (you're totally right about Vol Dragon's though), the transitions aren't always smooth or in any particular order though. I think that's why Ragne's stands out. There isn't a direct transition, the music goes quiet when you knock her down.

Xaeris is right though, it's hard to actually enjoy it with how fast Ragne dies. ._.

I heard that the reason some songs aren't as memorable or iconic isn't because they're bad or anything though (discounting all the wonky crap PSO2's music does). Rather the reason a lot of game music isn't memorable nowadays is because there often isn't a very defined melody. Older games had to work with low bit midis so the melodies tended to be very noticeable and consistent through the whole song.

At the same time I think most of the bosses do have good melodies in their themes, but the field music is usually pretty ambient, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's not as memorable, and some are downright eclectic. That's probably why people generally don't like it.

EDIT: On the topic of Ragne's theme specifically, I like it and how it works, but it's not my favorite boss theme. I'd probably give that to Chrome. The one I like the least though is obviously Vol's though It's a mess. ;;

BlankM
Jun 22, 2013, 01:13 AM
Elder and falz arm themes are both good, and for the last time there is no NEW falz themes, sega originally implemented 4 themes for falz arm, one for 20%, one for 40%, and one for 60 and 80% destruction, however what usually happens is, you hear the 0% theme, and then the percentage shoots straight up to 80%. Meaning the chance of hearing the middle % themes was slim to none.

You get to hear them once per elder EQ now currently. Due to the increased time take to kill the hands and higher % requirements.

Didn't know this. Guess its one of the bad things about progressive music in a game where everything dies so fast.

Kinujou
Jun 22, 2013, 01:27 AM

This. Imagine walking through a field minding your own business when suddenly he spawns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_OnBSthCk

They did it for his EQ im sure they can do it in normal fields too...

Shinamori
Jun 22, 2013, 01:31 AM
Ruins has best PSE Burst music. In my opinion.
Also, in terms of boss music, I like Fang Banshee/Banther's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frjnnnZNfIk

Coatl
Jun 22, 2013, 01:35 AM
A boss theme is good when I can hum to its tune. And I can for the most part in PSO2 but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mn1nzNAcJxA

It won't ever be the same. <3

strikerhunter
Jun 22, 2013, 01:56 AM
This. Imagine walking through a field minding your own business when suddenly he spawns...

Falz Hunar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_OnBSthCk)

They did it for his EQ im sure they can do it in normal fields too...

The last and only time I encountered Huanr in the fields, I was pretty sure that his theme popped up as well as soon as he appeared (vague memory, it was a long time ago).

But seriously, this needs to be done during all random-field-boss-encounters.

Syklo
Jun 22, 2013, 02:02 AM
Yeah, they seriously need boss bgm shifts in code:duels.
Especially change overs.

shagia
Jun 22, 2013, 02:10 AM
I actually don't recognize some of these, mainly because I always play PSO2 with the BGM off while foobar is running, I should probably start playing with the BGM up since it does become somewhat of a pain to alt+tab (at this point i should start playing on virtual fullscreen) to change the track..

this is just like a debate between jazz lovers, rock lovers, and pop lovers

Or the "it takes 5 minutes to make this music" debate, bwahaha

MegaMettaurX
Jun 22, 2013, 02:20 AM
A boss theme is good when I can hum to its tune. And I can for the most part in PSO2 but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mn1nzNAcJxA

It won't ever be the same. <3

De Rol Le has one of the coolest boss battle themes. Same with Dragon from PSO EP1.

Ranmaru
Jun 22, 2013, 03:33 AM
I can listen to this all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6ZW5wv13A

Zenobia
Jun 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
Been searching forever for this song most nostalgic music ever and im surprised no one has mentioned it yet, this song I could listen to forever.

So yeah took out the ost folder and decided to whip it up for everyone IIRC this did play in PSU, but it also played again in the battle against Helga so yeah here ya go and enjoy!

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itc5Yk71MWI&feature=youtube_gdata