PDA

View Full Version : What does JP think of no new Cast outfits EVER AGAIN?

AzureBlaze
Jun 21, 2013, 06:14 PM
I know we here at PSOW are a small community that the developers don't know and don't care about. Any opinions here don't count for anything & won't change anything.

BUT
I do know that some people here go/read Japan forums where people talk about what's cool & uncool (ex. bingo being broken) in the game. I went ahead and made this now because "Episode 2: the larger than usual update" is coming and STILL not a single new part for anyone. Is "Ever Again" hyperbole? I hope it is, though I'm unsure. I'm looking for opinions.

"No New Cast Outfits EVER"
This is obviously "a thing" now. It's more than just "oh they're pandering to the girly dressup crowd" it's gone beyond that now with these new reveals having nothing but clothing on them. I don't just mean male cast either, caseal is ONLY relegated to getting male cast's hand-me-down parts refitted for them. They're not getting anything unique. Was naked stripper caravan funtime the last thing they got that was ORIGINAL?

WHEN was the last time they released an original (not CV / not male to female port) for girls ?
WHEN was the last time male cast got a new outfit?
(headgear doesn't count unless it's a whole head)

If they continue the trend of "porting over 1 male outfit per scratch to girls" they have many months of outfits left to go. Think of all the choices once they start porting the CV versions to girls too! We've got YEARS of male to female porting to sprinkle at a rate of 1 every 2 months or so! Everyone will be so happy that they are doing such a good job. /~s

Is it just that "nobody plays male OR female cast"?
Like the 'everyone hates male newman' thread. If the playerbase is so small then yeah, never making anything for it makes sense because they fuel their own failure. Is anyone over there actually complaining? Because it's getting stupid. (nobody wants to use it because they don't make anything for it so nobody wants to use it)

Dumans are going to make it worse?
YES. They wear human clothes. They're new, they're the darlings. They'll want to focus on fashions suitable for the 'oni' type duman look. And that's great. I hope they do. More stuff for everybody is always cool...unless it means someone has to get left out.

Are they shooting themselves in the money-foot?
YES. Selling character slots is a good thing if you like money. Why not hype up casts male & female so it forces people to buy another slot to get their awesome outfits that only they can wear? Why not just dump ALL of the PSU cast outfits & heads into this game? They're already made, who cares? Cash in w/free money! Nobody's going to care if they spam in old stuff...at least it's not released before.

So. Bottom line. Is anyone that can do anything about this actually complaining?
Anyone without a cast character, how do you feel?
Is anyone ok with watching another class get nothing?
Does anyone PREFER that cast never get anything/thinks they were always a waste?

La'Haryl
Jun 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
I'm okay with anything Sega does, to my race/class and whomever else, but well, here we are.

NeverDT
Jun 21, 2013, 06:27 PM
as a caseal player:

would I like more stuff? of course
do I like the male -> female conversions? absolutely, I think they're awesome, I don't think caseals should be dominated by them for the next 6 months but I think they're cool and I use them frequently

nothing says we won't get anything in this next patch, and I would certainly hope ep2 brought things, but even if we don't there's nothing we can do about it.

I just wish there was an accessory that made it look like I had ears.

that said, I think male casts need some expansion too. BB was a good opportunity for them to introduce crossover parts and they didn't. but again, what can you do...

Gardios
Jun 21, 2013, 06:48 PM
(Male) Humans and Newmans don't get anything unique to them either. Pretty much all new costumes lately have been all-race—the last Human/Newman costume was Zamlord, and CASTs got Berga in that update.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2013, 06:56 PM
While lately there haven't been new cast parts, that doesn't mean that there won't be any new ones ever.
They only release new cast parts at the same time they release recolourable fleshie clothes, so next time they release recolourable clothes (that is, clothes that can't be used by all races), they will release cast parts as well.

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 06:57 PM
All all-race outfits are meatbag outfits.

If it doesn't come with an arm or leg part then it's a meatbag costume.

Casts may be able to equip it, but that doesn't make it a set of cast parts.

HIT0SHI
Jun 21, 2013, 07:18 PM
I still want Cougar as CAST parts :l

Punisher106
Jun 21, 2013, 07:19 PM
My newman has a jester outfit, complete with a hat.

My human has his Gokoubaori coming out, soon.

My CAST looks huge and clunky.

I'm satisfied with what I've got.

ashley50
Jun 21, 2013, 07:28 PM
I don't really see why this is an issue.

Khorin
Jun 21, 2013, 07:29 PM
It's sad about the lack of new CAST parts coming out lately

Then again I have no CASTs so

/killed by used below me

But then again, I want to see the Digiel set back :( Those are some really sexy parts

Dan Maku
Jun 21, 2013, 07:41 PM
/killed by used below me

BITCH I SHANK U WITH SPOON

But yeah, I don't have a CAST character either, and plan to make my second character a Dewman. I did buy a few CAST parts, though, since I plan to make my Support Partner a CAST.

RadiantLegend
Jun 21, 2013, 07:43 PM
I've given up. I really don't want to say how I feel about it.

Kitoshi
Jun 21, 2013, 07:47 PM

1000 times this.

I can't emphasis that enough when someone goes "but they are all class costumes, you can wear em as well" I didn't make a caseal to look like a fleshy.

It's a shame there isn't a lot of new parts coming out but i am happy with the look my character has at this moment, so i am not exactly jumping for new parts either.

Xaeris
Jun 21, 2013, 08:01 PM
I don't think they've given up on male cast parts entirely. It's slowed down for sure, but even if nothing else, there'll be more parts when they do more area themed cards. Though it's really effing bizarre that they do a crossover with a mecha game and release no parts.

BlueCast Boy
Jun 21, 2013, 09:46 PM
Well I still like my Parts thou, Thou bad Sega won;t even bother to revive male cast parts much often >.>

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they won't stop doing cast parts, but they won't do nearly as many because finding robots sexy isn't a common thing.

unfortunately

beep

NoiseHERO
Jun 21, 2013, 09:55 PM
What's a cast?

That thing you get when you fall out of the tree?

Enforcer MKV
Jun 21, 2013, 10:01 PM
Oh, I dunno, I kinda want to see an answer to the OP's question...

Could be interesting. I'd like to hear...

Zenobia
Jun 21, 2013, 10:47 PM
I don't really see why this is an issue.

Cause you don't play a male cast duh comment forever irrelevant.

oratank
Jun 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
that's why the racist war has begun in the first of psu era
war for cast part

Omega-z
Jun 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
Another thing to think about is that the Item Design Contest said no Cast part's and hair.... maybe later.....maybec much later. Any way's that's most likely your new Part's are going to come from. Think PSU had better looking Casts and more option's in general and losing the Human like look on the male Casts really hurt them. Even Duman males will be pretty low when added also. probably higher then Casts but under Human's. Which Next year's stat's could look like this: Human Male at 15%, Duman Male 10%, Cast Male 6% and Newman Male 3%. Not much of a grand total change of the total male POP. which would be 34% still a 1/3 ratio to women.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2013, 11:48 PM

there's one all race outfit...... for the females.... the ancient humanoid living weapon Phantom Queen EX-X!!! +^_^+ i just spent like 15 minutes trying to google her, bazillion PVC dolls, like no Wiki or info on what kinda character she is, at least in English [SPOILER-BOX]did find this, which didn't translate very well
ファントム・クイーン EX-X(イグゼクティ)
声 - 橘田いずみ
ウィンダリア島に流れ着いた漂流人(機械人形)で、流れ着いた際にハンクに拾われ現時点停止状 態であった。 しかしハンクが城から起動パーツを盗み取り返したと同時に起動パーツがクイーンの体に吸い込まれクイーンは 完全復活した。 正体は異世界から来た少女型の機械人形で、カグヤの守護者。 カグヤを手に入れ連れ去ろうとする異世界から来た武装船団の海賊からカグヤの身を守るためにや ってきた。 飛行能力を持ちレーザー光線はどんな鉄をも切り裂く。
g-translate;
Phantom Queen EX-X (Iguzekuti)
Voice - Kitta Izumi
Drifting who drifted to win dahlia Island (mechanical doll), it was at this time stop state is picked up to Hank when I drifted. But Queen was full revival starting part is sucked into the body of the queen at the same time that Hank took back the starting steal parts from the castle. In mechanical doll type of girl who came from another world, identity is guardian of the Kaguya. It came in to protect themselves of Kaguya from pirates armed convoy that came from another world you are going Tsuresaro get the Kaguya. Laser beam cuts through any iron also has a flying ability. [/SPOILER-BOX]+^_^+ but i mean look at that outfit, look at them Caseal like knee joints+^_^+ Phantom queen is a way for the fleshies to feel like a Caseal, at least for a bit+^_^+

still seriously waiting on that one Caseal Torso to finish my look+^_^+ like really we do need new parts+^_^+

kamisama85
Jun 22, 2013, 12:29 AM
Maybe people forget that while there are more non-cast costumes available, only casts have the benefit of mixing 3 pieces in any way they want and even between non-CV and CV parts to make for more combinations.

There are so many possible combinations and you can even resize the limbs or body to make something even more unique. Not only that, cast designs mix better with the default and unique unit pieces to make something even more amazing looking. I'd say the casts have it better than most people might think.

Non human costumes are one-piece and so the next person over will look pretty much the same short of what accessories they chose to use.

Blundy
Jun 22, 2013, 12:47 AM
while i think you are failing to remember that by being a cast you are able to mix and match parts creating a larger number of possible costume combinations, i dont think i would ever fault someone for wanting more costumes.

kamisama85
Jun 22, 2013, 01:26 AM
I don't recall faulting anyone for wanting more costumes.

UnLucky
Jun 22, 2013, 03:27 AM
I don't really consider a different glove but the same body armor to be a totally separate outfit.

But here's the thing, every set of cast parts means 3 "whammies" in the scratch. One new cast outfit means you have 3 extra chances to totally waste your AC.

Shinmarizu
Jun 22, 2013, 10:45 AM
I have only one character (a Newman) but my bro plays as a Cast. Truth be told, I've wanted to make both a Cast and a Caseal as characters, but considering the time I've spent with my current character, I might not use my alternates at all. So it is nice that (1) we're getting a free character creation pass and (2) we're getting a partner machine.

I really would like Sega to give Casts more variety and more advertising push. I could count the parts I like on 2 hands. Casts are 1/3 of the reason I like PSO2's character creation system. Wasn't this a major selling point?

Related: what Unlucky says about the AC dividing a Cast set into 3 parts is true. And bad. Also bad? 3 or 4 female all-class outfits in 6 colours each, none of which look good.

Which makes it even worse when Sega focuses on these instead of putting out Cast parts. I'm getting sick of all these costumes being pumped out a dime a dozen. I enjoyed the recolourable outfits because there was some semblance of an opportunity to further customize your character. Not anymore. I can say, with some exceptions, that the majority of these newer all-class outfits are average at best, and not worth my time to play dress-up when everyone has the same colour of outfit on.

tl;dr version: Dear Sega. Stop making crap all-class costumes, stop making 6 recolours of said crap, make Cast parts, make GOOD Cast parts. Stop diluting the RNG lottery AC scratch with crap and make everything a bit more worth our time and money.

UnLucky
Jun 22, 2013, 11:19 AM
Every costume comes in White, Black, Red, Pink, Orange, Green. Recolor ticket? What's that?

Zenobia
Jun 22, 2013, 11:50 AM
Every costume comes in White, Black, Red, Pink, Orange, Green. Recolor ticket? What's that?

he meant how Sega is no longer doing the re-color costume options style, sense they did that back then. Now they are locking the colors so you can't re-colors them, basically its another one of Sega's money sink so if you don't get the color you want you gotta keep scratching to get your desired color.

You had to give 14 AC scratches to get a re-color ticket from the recycle shop so yeah that's what that is though I'm sure you knew, but threw in sarcasm.

Blundy
Jun 22, 2013, 02:22 PM
I don't really consider a different glove but the same body armor to be a totally separate outfit.

But here's the thing, every set of cast parts means 3 "whammies" in the scratch. One new cast outfit means you have 3 extra chances to totally waste your AC.

that's a really good point, i wonder how much per part, cast parts tend to cost as opposed to the average regu-clothes?

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2013, 02:49 PM
he meant how Sega is no longer doing the re-color costume options style, sense they did that back then. Now they are locking the colors so you can't re-colors them, basically its another one of Sega's money sink so if you don't get the color you want you gotta keep scratching to get your desired color.
Even though they haven't released recolourable clothes recently, that doesn't mean that there won't be more in the future.

Lately the clothes released have been mostly collaboration related clothes, those are usually for all races and non-recolourable.
It's very likely that they will release more recolourable clothes and cast parts in the future, possibly when or after Episode 2 is released.

Du1337
Jun 22, 2013, 03:35 PM
Holy cr4p, could have lvled up in the time u typed all that...

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

AgemFrostMage
Jun 22, 2013, 04:30 PM
that's a really good point, i wonder how much per part, cast parts tend to cost as opposed to the average regu-clothes?

Somehow... I think it will turn out a lot -_-

Maybe not wedding dress money but still, someone who doesn't play CAST will sell off the parts they win. Someone who gets items they don't want can (and should, considering real money) get meseta for it.

There are some cool male head parts and cute girl head parts. The Hilbert and rose head looks really cute ^_^

I'm already saving for the lamia face when the free second character slot comes out, woot! ^_^

Omega-z
Jun 22, 2013, 05:52 PM
Blundy - On the ship I play on most male cast part's are between 200k - 600k ah piece, sometimes higher if the part's are rare. Same goes for Caseal's too about 100k - 800k higher.
Head and face's run from 400k - 10 mil+.

So in comparison it's cheaper in a shop generally.

sesiom000
Jun 22, 2013, 06:36 PM
I know what you guys feel i got a cast and a caseal both with 900 hours each and i am really pissed of with sakai team rigth now Its like they dont give a damn about Casts...If they were not going to support Cast players why did they put them in this game on the first place?
Might as well take it out just as they did with Beasts...
Im still waiting for a Cast part since 2 months ago and still nothing,and episode 2 scracth didnt show any part what so ever...
Instead they want us Casts to wear ridiculous Swimwear and Yukatas (Im freaking tired of 1000000 yukatas).
Why dont they let the player choose witch color they want for their outfits via recolor and save up the space in each scracth and put more Cast parts?
Oh and dont worry after Episode 2 it will get even worse,Human+Newmann+Dewman VS Cast.
3vs1 We lose.
Its only a matter of time before Cast become like those 11star rares...

People that dont have Casts cant complain about they re characters because they have bajilion clothes compared to us Casts and im not even talking about female clothes cause its just plain ridiculous...
What makes this game unique for me its his futuristic setting and Casts if it werent for those it was just another Vindictus like game with a 12 player party and i wouldnt be playing it...
If they are doing Colaborations why the fuck didnt they put Cast parts in BB patch??
NO,BECAUSE THEY HAD TO RELEASE EVEN MORE FEMALE OUTFITS!!
SEGA=MONEY
dont forget....

Alisha
Jun 22, 2013, 11:55 PM
read this
http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/final-fantasy-online-director-defends-monthly-subscriptions-in-the-golden-age-of-free-to-play-exclusive/

then look at the chart showing percentages of played races. then you have your answer for the lack of male cast parts.

basically your fucked at least until sega pays off its bills.

Syklo
Jun 23, 2013, 12:12 AM
The stupid thing about casts is that they're forced to reserve an extra 2 inventory slots for costume.

Like, seriously SEGA? Can't even set equipment to be seperate from the inventory?

Blundy
Jun 23, 2013, 01:00 AM
Blundy - On the ship I play on most male cast part's are between 200k - 600k ah piece, sometimes higher if the part's are rare. Same goes for Caseal's too about 100k - 800k higher.
Head and face's run from 400k - 10 mil+.

So in comparison it's cheaper in a shop generally.

ah i see, i guess it adds up though. thanks i was curious.

Macman
Jun 23, 2013, 03:45 PM
They probably stopped making cast parts because it pissed off scratchers that they would get a QUARTER of an outfit (head counts too) in a scratch rather than a whole set. And... well... meatbags are the majority; especially those with globs of fat on their chest.

Omega-z
Jun 23, 2013, 08:27 PM
Well, generally the whole male POP. is low due to one option in the CC, lack of difference in stat's, and the auto default Character for casual's. For Cast's it's also the problem of the scratches and the look of the Cast's body that drove ppl way. In fact we might not see Male's very much at all in furture game at this point. Should the game be called Phantasy Loli Online. Even the Japanese are disappointed with this.

AzureBlaze
Jun 23, 2013, 11:38 PM
Very interesting opinions!
With legitimate concerns...some of which I did not realize! But only because they didn't implement stuff right.

Cast is a nuisance every scratch because they have leg, head, torso & arm to clutter the scratch for everyone else.
Cast is a nuisance to itself because each costume pc takes up a slot

Solution: You scratch for the WHOLE cast outfit. No more clutter. Don't want a piece, go sell it off separately for more meseta. Oh boy guess what just got MORE appealing to buy!
Greed: It makes people buy more scratch with separate pieces
Inventory solution: Cast parts don't count as a part of your total only so long as you are wearing them
Greed: It makes casts buy more inventory slots to counter it, simultaneously frustrating/turning people away from it

It's just poor planning and greed that messes it up. Both the above are easy fixes if they actually bothered giving up greed for 3 seconds. It would likely actually get them MORE money. Everyone would be wishing for the cast part scratch to split and sell, at least some times.

"Cast doesn't look cool enough"
Solution: Bring back everything cast had in pso1, psu & the PSP games. Then throw in PS 0 outfit. They already brought back the Moatoob Papagayo (That large blue bird for your room) so it proved they can re-issue objects. OBVIOUSLY people thought those casts were cool, just bring them all back without doing any work and you solve the coolness problem in 1 stroke.

Cool is subjective.
Maybe people really dig being a gundam clone. Maybe they love the giant boxy parts. But what about the robot ninjas? The elegant types? Everybody thought those earlier outfits were cool, it was part of what influenced people into making cast in the first place. Solve everything by bringing them back.

But, if the real JP opinion there is "nobody cares"
And duman will ensure "nobody picks cast again" because as they prep for duman release, they make sure cast is at it's lowest and shabbiest point (as in, no part in ages)
And if no one is complaining because they really do love Phantasy Wedding Girl Tea Time Online then it looks like.....the dire prediction of the thread can happen.
All I really wanted to know was if there was any positive or negative buzz there.

Hopefully though, they've just got caught up in a phase of all-class clothes & crossover-mania like was mentioned before and they start up with more "normal" scratches that have things for everyone.

//In before "to reduce the graphic load on the server, all cast races will be abolished in September 2013. Please find in your System Storage the 1 FREE "race conversion ticket" so that all male & female cast can become a FOnewearl. Note: if ticket not used by Sept. 15th, ticket will be used for you. Please continue enjoying your life as a small newman girl and please remember to spend more money with us as the 12th schoolgirl outfit will be on the scratch soon. Thank you."

HIT0SHI
Jun 24, 2013, 12:20 AM
OBLIGATORY RACE CHANGE?! *Rage quits PSO2*

sesiom000
Jun 24, 2013, 05:57 AM
I dont think the cool part is what is making people not play Casts the problem is every japanese nowadays just love Lolis and the Kawai Style.
Now we get to the problem,the Kawai Word....

For me i cant find a Loli Kawai cause for me seeing a little girl with exposing outfits + giant breasts makes me feel very uncomfortable and at the same time with disgust and knowing that its a guy behind that character makes it the worst case scenario.

The sad part is at least 90% of the females are Lolis and well we see were this is going,and besides i dont see how can a Lolicon kill a demon god like Falz its just plain stupid and ridiculous,its almost the same if Dante (not the Emo one) is replaced with a Loli and starts too kill Demons.

We were suposed to make a hero/heroine character not a stupid school girl.
And yet as we speak SEGA just continues to support the Kawai stuff...

AgemFrostMage
Jun 24, 2013, 07:19 AM
Very interesting opinions!
With legitimate concerns...some of which I did not realize! But only because they didn't implement stuff right.

Cast is a nuisance every scratch because they have leg, head, torso & arm to clutter the scratch for everyone else.
Cast is a nuisance to itself because each costume pc takes up a slot

Solution: You scratch for the WHOLE cast outfit. No more clutter. Don't want a piece, go sell it off separately for more meseta. Oh boy guess what just got MORE appealing to buy!
Greed: It makes people buy more scratch with separate pieces
Inventory solution: Cast parts don't count as a part of your total only so long as you are wearing them
Greed: It makes casts buy more inventory slots to counter it, simultaneously frustrating/turning people away from it

It's just poor planning and greed that messes it up. Both the above are easy fixes if they actually bothered giving up greed for 3 seconds. It would likely actually get them MORE money. Everyone would be wishing for the cast part scratch to split and sell, at least some times.

"Cast doesn't look cool enough"
Solution: Bring back everything cast had in pso1, psu & the PSP games. Then throw in PS 0 outfit. They already brought back the Moatoob Papagayo (That large blue bird for your room) so it proved they can re-issue objects. OBVIOUSLY people thought those casts were cool, just bring them all back without doing any work and you solve the coolness problem in 1 stroke.

Cool is subjective.
Maybe people really dig being a gundam clone. Maybe they love the giant boxy parts. But what about the robot ninjas? The elegant types? Everybody thought those earlier outfits were cool, it was part of what influenced people into making cast in the first place. Solve everything by bringing them back.

But, if the real JP opinion there is "nobody cares"
And duman will ensure "nobody picks cast again" because as they prep for duman release, they make sure cast is at it's lowest and shabbiest point (as in, no part in ages)
And if no one is complaining because they really do love Phantasy Wedding Girl Tea Time Online then it looks like.....the dire prediction of the thread can happen.
All I really wanted to know was if there was any positive or negative buzz there.

Hopefully though, they've just got caught up in a phase of all-class clothes & crossover-mania like was mentioned before and they start up with more "normal" scratches that have things for everyone.

//In before "to reduce the graphic load on the server, all cast races will be abolished in September 2013. Please find in your System Storage the 1 FREE "race conversion ticket" so that all male & female cast can become a FOnewearl. Note: if ticket not used by Sept. 15th, ticket will be used for you. Please continue enjoying your life as a small newman girl and please remember to spend more money with us as the 12th schoolgirl outfit will be on the scratch soon. Thank you."

But it isn't the "nuisance" because they can sell on trading post so it's like spending real money for meseta... though I can see the market get flooded with CAST parts -_- Just keep prices reasonable and people will buy. If I get a female outfit but don't play females I can sell it, then use the money to buy what I want though even a full CAST set might not even come close to the wedding dress people may want so the CAST who wants parts benefits more from winning a wedding dress because can sell then buy up parts than the female who wants a dress but gets CAST parts instead.

gigawuts
Jun 24, 2013, 08:01 AM
Nobody plays casts because:
1. Boobies
2. Stats
3. All the new stuff goes to 1.

After the dewman race is added casts won't even be the best satk race anymore, which is horrible. Since HP, dex, and sdef are all laughable to be the best at in PSO2 in its current state (and humans compete on the sdef front, in fact so do newmen when compared to the enormous tdef gap casts are faced with) it's seriously the one single thing casts have going for themselves. What they should be doing is focusing on making the high requirement sdef units more easily accessed with base cast sdef (meaning no need to heavily invest into sdef on your mag or skilltree), reduce the severe tdef penalty, increase dex to above caseals, and increase HP to 15-20%. The tatk penalty, sure. That's totally cool. But that tdef penalty is way, way too high for the race that's meant to be about taking hits.

Caseals remain the best ranged class, casts should be very effective with all variations of close quarters combat. Since you can't just dump into all of the atk's without upending "balance," raising dex is the next best thing and HP is there because F it why not.

Also, F it again. Casts and caseals get an innate photon blast bonus 8)

Then put all equipped items into a separate inventory box, and not your backpack. Or keep it all in the backpack but just don't count it towards the limit.

Omega-z
Jun 24, 2013, 08:41 AM
^Yeah, the CC part in my last post was pretty much boob's too in fact Caseal saw a jump when they added that in for them.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 24, 2013, 06:20 PM
As long as I can make a big honking tank of metal, I'm happy, really. Everything's clipping in the game, however, distracts the fuck outta me. I can't even have the cape on my MALE fleshy because it clips through every weapon and ends up looking stupid. I understand why it does that, but at the same time it's annoying as hell. Same thing goes for the robot. If I'm gonna make something big and clunky, I don't want his legs to fuse together simply by standing.

Oh right, we're talking about parts. Um, lol boobies? I have problems finding good costumes for my male fleshy, I can only imagine how bad the Casts have it.

gravityvx
Jun 24, 2013, 08:10 PM
Cast still have been by far the best looking characters I've ever seen in this game, people get pretty creative with em compared to all the other races. They may have slacked on the part releases but casts still beat everyone else in the looks department by a landslide. I can patiently wait a little longer for new parts before tables are flipped.

Omega-z
Jun 24, 2013, 08:30 PM
Oh, I totally agree that Cast Player are very creative. But Then I wonder if it's a Force creativity at time's but then you have some natural one's like your's, Zenobia, Z-0 and many other's that put a lot of time and have a theme or close to one with there Cast's. :) I guess the best thing's do come small packages or in this case less of.

Alisha
Jun 25, 2013, 01:34 AM
read this
http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/final-fantasy-online-director-defends-monthly-subscriptions-in-the-golden-age-of-free-to-play-exclusive/

then look at the chart showing percentages of played races. then you have your answer for the lack of male cast parts.

basically your fucked at least until sega pays off its bills.

since probally nobody read this let me spell it out. the motivation for going free to play is so you can pay off the investors as soon as possible. f2p games can make a lot of money fast but arent sustainable. cast players are a minority but still matter so you start making all outfits all race.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 25, 2013, 05:07 AM
As long as I can make a big honking tank of metal, I'm happy, really. Everything's clipping in the game, however, distracts the fuck outta me. I can't even have the cape on my MALE fleshy because it clips through every weapon and ends up looking stupid. I understand why it does that, but at the same time it's annoying as hell. Same thing goes for the robot. If I'm gonna make something big and clunky, I don't want his legs to fuse together simply by standing.

Oh right, we're talking about parts. Um, lol boobies? I have problems finding good costumes for my male fleshy, I can only imagine how bad the Casts have it.

While the costumes are fewer male has great costumes. Priest, Akira (especially), Zamlord, Vohu Manah, and Kanagi Seikai, though that's like what out of how many?

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 08:07 AM
since probally nobody read this let me spell it out. the motivation for going free to play is so you can pay off the investors as soon as possible. f2p games can make a lot of money fast but arent sustainable. cast players are a minority but still matter so you start making all outfits all race.

Yeah, uh, no, Sega will not suddenly start making cast parts more frequently at any point in the future if it means making less money than making female outfits. If they resume making cast parts more often then it will be because they think it will generate as much, if not more, profit (probably in the long term, not the short term).

edit: But if they were smart they'd create a better reason to go cast (male especially) with base stats etc. that other races simply couldn't get, like newearls with force. This wouldn't force most people to recreate their character, though, so they'd have to keep this on hold until they release a whole bunch of content for new or returning players to make use of it.

Walkure
Jun 25, 2013, 08:14 AM
Well, if they're too busy cranking out all-race costumes because they're most profitable,and the problem is that all race costumes are too fleshy, why not create robotic and cool all-race costumes?

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 08:16 AM
Because impotent rage from casts about not even being unique for being robots anymore.

But it'll come eventually, I'm 100% sure about that.

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 08:24 AM
Robotic all-race costumes wouldn't sell. I mean, think about it...

ShadowDragon28
Jun 25, 2013, 08:27 AM
*sigh* Its lame they didnt add in Cast parts based on Border break, and neither did the Sega Stars scratch have any Virtual-On based Cast parts.. Wtf Segac? I dont even play a Cast, and even I'm very disappointed...
the should of put this as Cast parts in there by now...
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41v0VH6-WNL.jpg

and this one:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/m/image/1336/69/1336690835654.jpg

and this one for Female Casts:
http://www.cinetoyshop.com/images/recuppl/7723-1.jpg

and we should have a "Hucast Repca" too IMO
http://apugame.unblog.fr/files/2007/10/me00000234102.jpg

and why the fek not this???
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/mokeiyabigman/cabinet/fig2/img58306718.jpg

Why the Fek not this either???
http://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Border-Break-Airbust-Saber-Opening-Movie-Color-Is-Now-Available01.jpg

HIT0SHI
Jun 25, 2013, 08:58 AM
Truth be told, i tried dressing up as Temjin only to fail due SEGA never releasing those parts and instead looking like a Gundam. Now im just sporting the Melder set with a red robo cop visor on and combining colors with the Vardha rear. I'll add a picture later once i get home. :\

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 09:03 AM
red robo cop visor

oh no you didn't

HIT0SHI
Jun 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
What? o.o

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 09:25 AM
We are disappointed in you.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/MAdZq.gif

HIT0SHI
Jun 25, 2013, 10:48 AM
Its still the same visor (exept that theres one with a green dot hence "red visor") which you could use it on any helmet or on a "fleshy".

Omega-z
Jun 25, 2013, 06:35 PM
I don't know Sega did already made an all Race Cast costume back in PSU and it was a BB one too, which was popular also. We just have a boob faddish with the new player base.

Here's the PSU's BB pic:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=35979[/SPOILER-BOX]