PDA

View Full Version : I hit ship2 guys!

Syklo
Jun 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
Well, sort of. It's just on a seperate ID and i won't really be playing on it.

I just had a look on it 2 minutes prior to this post and.......
-completely invisible- ^^;

So I'd just like to know a couple things:

What I need to be aware of on ship2, apart from "B020"
Your experiences / how the Japanese community are on ship2
When may be the best time to chat with me?

So, yeah.
I'M FINALLY HERE!

P.S. Real purpose is for my detailed study, should it provide any benefit. (See off-topic section)

Update!
Met Blace, and that's it. lol.
It'll take a while for me to assimilate...
Also, the hole is still open.

Lostbob117
Jun 22, 2013, 08:08 AM
Why are you hitting a ship?! ;A; Poor ship 2 being hit.

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2013, 08:11 AM
So I'd just like to know a couple things:

What I need to be aware of on ship2, apart from "B020"
Your experiences / how the Japanese community are on ship2
When may be the best time to chat with me?

Nothing, not even B20. It's not that bad. There are some 'troublemakers', but they're easily ignored when they do come around, which is seldom. The main issues with B20 isn't the obnoxiousness of the people, but more so the fact that most of them just aren't very good at the game.
I try to avoid playing with JP players due to the language disparity, so I dunno. They're generally pretty quiet and to-the-point, from what I have seen.

and I don't think the 3rd bullet was meant for me, so I'll leave it be.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 22, 2013, 08:13 AM

Yeah, Syklo can't pilot ship 8 anymore. I hope this doesn't turn into an Emergency Code.:-P

Scarlet-Star
Jun 22, 2013, 08:34 AM
...so I have to expect a giant hole in the ship I go on? great, just what we need in addition to Falz, A Emergency Code: Maintenance.

But in Terms of B-20, the way I see it, when certain people are there, depending on things: Crap can hit the fan quickly, but when you all start to play together, depending on who you have it can be fun.

I've played with the Japanese myself from time to time, some are very friendly, well most are, from my experiences, it's best to try to communicate in their language as much as possible, but a large majority of them can understand our english, but it's painful for them to respond in english back. Though the Japanese do goof off in the lobby too sometimes, it's not that often, but when they do, it can be a funny experience.

Shinmarizu
Jun 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
1) The english community is concentrated on Block 20, but it's not all a bad thing. There are plenty of people who hang in other blocks instead. Find a spot and hang out, or find someone from here and start hanging out.
2) My interactions with JP players are that they usually keep to themselves unless there's a huge gathering in a lobby - pretty much what we would do. The random JP player will join me on a Falz run or what have you, and then we'll communicate as best we can. I think it's just a matter of getting past the awkward phase - again, pretty much what we would do.
3) If you meant me as in myself, I'm usually lurking on block 34, from the afternoon to evening EDT. If you meant you, umm.... whenever?

Gama
Jun 22, 2013, 10:43 AM
i think youll eventually try to come to ship 2, youll fall in love with the locals.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 22, 2013, 04:31 PM
Can't believe I miss the party... I'm stranded on ship 10.

gigawuts
Jun 22, 2013, 05:12 PM
did you get ship 2's insurance information?

Syklo
Jun 22, 2013, 07:00 PM
>Syklone used Giga-Impact
It was inevitable

Yeah, Syklo can't pilot ship 8 anymore. I hope this doesn't turn into an Emergency Code.:-P
It's on auto-pilot :)
And a wild bridge appeared!

...so I have to expect a giant hole in the ship I go on? great, just what we need in addition to Falz, A Emergency Code: Maintenance.
Oh come on, who DOESN'T WANT TO EXPLORE ARKS SHIP WRECKAGE ZONE!?

I've played with the Japanese myself from time to time, some are very friendly, well most are, from my experiences, it's best to try to communicate in their language as much as possible, but a large majority of them can understand our english, but it's painful for them to respond in english back. Though the Japanese do goof off in the lobby too sometimes, it's not that often, but when they do, it can be a funny experience.

1) The english community is concentrated on Block 20, but it's not all a bad thing. There are plenty of people who hang in other blocks instead. Find a spot and hang out, or find someone from here and start hanging out.
2) My interactions with JP players are that they usually keep to themselves unless there's a huge gathering in a lobby - pretty much what we would do. The random JP player will join me on a Falz run or what have you, and then we'll communicate as best we can. I think it's just a matter of getting past the awkward phase - again, pretty much what we would do.
3) If you meant me as in myself, I'm usually lurking on block 34, from the afternoon to evening EDT. If you meant you, umm.... whenever?
Nice to know the JP Community aren't so secluded.
As for the 3rd...I was expecting a time-zone answer :P
I'm in GMT +10, just as an indicator.

i think youll eventually try to come to ship 2, youll fall in love with the locals.
That was the primary objective.
Question is, will they reciprocate?

Can't believe I miss the party... I'm stranded on ship 10.
There's still room for another hole...:P

did you get ship 2's insurance information?
.....Oh shit, should've thought about that...
Meh, dudu has it covered; your grinders now goes towards the Hole-CoverUp Foundation!

Shinmarizu
Jun 22, 2013, 08:39 PM
:-( I'm in GMT -5:00, so there might be an issue finding each other

Syklo
Jun 22, 2013, 08:43 PM
:-( I'm in GMT -5:00, so there might be an issue finding each other
Yeah, only weekends / my school holidays then? Bummer.
Also,

#obligatory_celebratory_2013th_post_with_hashtag

Gardios
Jun 22, 2013, 09:44 PM
Boo, since you visit for your study I doubt we'll ever meet in person—I'm usually only on VITA blocks nowadays and chatting on VITA sucks. e_e

Say hello to B20 from me! lol

blace
Jun 22, 2013, 09:51 PM
I'm a bit of a night owl with a mild case of insomnia. My local time is GMT-7, so I'll probably see you around. And I'm not going to pay my dues to Dudu for that hole you left.

Syklo
Jun 22, 2013, 10:25 PM
I'm a bit of a night owl with a mild case of insomnia. My local time is GMT-7, so I'll probably see you around. And I'm not going to pay my dues to Dudu for that hole you left.
What can I say? Dudu's an asshole

Also, hit me with a request via visiphone~
character name's still Syklo.

riku2replica
Jun 23, 2013, 03:45 AM
Hi there syklo on ship2. :D

Alisha
Jun 23, 2013, 04:18 AM
in my experience jp vita players are more tolerant than pc ones.vita jp players are more likely to stick around for a few runs. with pc jp players they bolt when they find out speak english once the mission is over.

blace
Jun 23, 2013, 04:21 AM
I already told him that in game.

It's strange how the PC blocks are so much different from the Vita/shared blocks.

riku2replica
Jun 23, 2013, 04:24 AM
in my experience jp vita players are more tolerant than pc ones.vita jp players are more likely to stick around for a few runs. with pc jp players they bolt when they find out speak english once the mission is over.

For ship8, Vita block 101 has friendly japanese and feel free they let u join their conversation in public which is good.

Syklo
Jun 23, 2013, 06:26 AM
I already told him that in game.

It's strange how the PC blocks are so much different from the Vita/shared blocks.
He did, but that doesn't mean Alisha can't/shouldn't have posted that for others to look at.

I still find that very strange...