PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Does anyone have a clue what the purpose of dewmans will be?

CloudChaser
Jun 25, 2013, 10:11 AM
Last i checked they are pretty much like dark elves. is there going to be anything special about them besides horns?

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 10:13 AM
You can cosplay as your favorite anime character with heterochromatic eyes!

Gardios
Jun 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
You can cosplay as your favorite anime character with heterochromatic eyes!

And all you have to do is to make a contract with Falz-sama. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Walkure
Jun 25, 2013, 10:16 AM
Heterochromic space unicorns.

Shinamori
Jun 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
Like Asuna from Negima.

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 10:18 AM
Highest satk in the game, higher than male casts, and worst def across the board (except maybe tdef, which will likely be better than casts lol).

The definitive glass cannon class, depending on evasion and guarding.

Zyrusticae
Jun 25, 2013, 10:29 AM
Well they have horns, heterochromia, and are the only race with red/blue/black/pure white skin tones in the game. They also have an underwear option that makes it look like they're infected with nanobots or something.

That plus the S-Atk bonus I guess constitutes all of their differentiating traits.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2013, 10:30 AM
Highest satk in the game, higher than male casts, and worst def across the board (except maybe tdef, which will likely be better than casts lol).

Pretty much.
Unless there's changes to the stats since the last time they were updated in the files, Dewmans have the highest S-ATK, 2nd highest R-ATK (tied with male Casts), decent T-ATK (right behind female human), worst HP, S-DEF, R-DEF, and 2nd worst T-DEF (with Casts, both male and female being worse).

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 AM
NANOMACHINES, SON.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 25, 2013, 10:38 AM
Ragna the Bloodedge cosplay, anyone?

ShinMaruku
Jun 25, 2013, 10:40 AM
So I can make Vergil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV2CVIfSRTQ

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 10:46 AM
To be used less than male newmans

Sinue_v2
Jun 25, 2013, 10:47 AM
Without their Infinity Blasts? I have no idea. The differences in stats across the races isn't negligable, but it's not enough to really bar any race from preforming any particular job well either. I imagine it's going to be the case here as well.

Same shit, slightly different character model.

I wish they'd give each race specific qualities and limitations to futher differenciate them if they're not going to bother giving us anything other than "humans with funny ears". Kind of like how in PSO (v.1 & 2 at least) Casts were immune to most status effects, could use traps, but couldn't use techniques. That'll piss off the FOcast/caseal crowd, but at least it made them unique. Hell, now, you can't even get decent parts for them - with the multi-race "sausage casings" being the most prevelant option.

So how's this for a point to Dewmans. They're a way to generate buzz and interest in their product by giving you something, without actually giving you anything at all.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 25, 2013, 11:17 AM
"sausage casings"

...*slow clap*

HIT0SHI
Jun 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Make a unicorn of course!

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2013, 11:29 AM
so that you can make a dark clone of your most fabulous desu chan

Shinamori
Jun 25, 2013, 12:18 PM
I'm not setting foot in b20. I bet you 100 Meseta every noob will either be Sasuke or Itachi.

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
I think by "purpose", the person means what they're actually adding to the game.

Answer: Nothing, really. Just another look. Until races are actually different in more ways than a tiny stat difference and aesthetics, there isn't really a point to new races in this game.

So pretty much what Sinue said.

DS23
Jun 25, 2013, 12:42 PM
So you can make David Bowie, with a horn, yeah.

Vintasticvin
Jun 25, 2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not setting foot in b20. I bet you 100 Meseta every noob will either be Sasuke or Itachi.

Im hoping to see more Ragna The Bloodedges than those two.

Lostbob117
Jun 25, 2013, 12:56 PM

What? When did they have two different color eyes and horns?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
Since PSO2 Episode 2

Drifting Fable
Jun 25, 2013, 01:01 PM
Well by all technicalities, Hectrochomia is sort of in PSP2i, just always being covered by that eye patch.

shagia
Jun 25, 2013, 01:01 PM
heh....dewmans...heheheh

Drifting Fable
Jun 25, 2013, 01:03 PM
heh....dewmans...heheheh
They've got mountain dew pumpin through their veins. :D

shagia
Jun 25, 2013, 01:06 PM
They've got mountain dew pumpin through their veins. :D

PSO2 is obviously sponsered by the Pepsi Corporation. brb.....

DS23
Jun 25, 2013, 01:16 PM
So that Dew and Doritos promotion is going to culminate in a PSO2 on Xbone announcement then...

Shinamori
Jun 25, 2013, 01:40 PM
What? When did they have two different color eyes and horns?

Have you not seen the sharingan-like eyes?

Inazuma
Jun 25, 2013, 02:13 PM
Unless you play Force, Dumans are the best race. All of the Cast players will have to start over again from scratch. I think Sega should have given all of the Casts the option to convert their race to Duman. It's bullshit that they have to start over. Plus they lose all their accessories and voices.

Kitoshi
Jun 25, 2013, 02:16 PM
Unless you play Force, Dumans are the best race. All of the Cast players will have to start over again from scratch. I think Sega should have given all of the Casts the option to convert their race to Duman. It's bullshit that they have to start over. Plus they lose all their accessories and voices.

Only, ya know, casts have a fckload more HP then a duman.

I believe they have the same hp as a newman, my buddy plays a HUnewearl, i play a FIcaseal. I almost match his hp while he is using stamina units and i am on power.

Vandread
Jun 25, 2013, 02:17 PM
Guess I'm doing it wrong since I play a HU/FInewearl. :(

Zenobia
Jun 25, 2013, 02:19 PM

You just mad cause they gon have better Sasuke and itachi than you.

Besides the sharigan eyes they had no heterochromia.

Inazuma
Jun 25, 2013, 02:22 PM
Only, ya know, casts have a fckload more HP then a duman.

Well, if you are bad at the game, Cast could be better for you. I was talking about skilled players when I said that Duman is better than Cast. In other words, I am saying offense is more important than defense in PSO2.

Lostbob117
Jun 25, 2013, 02:24 PM
Have you not seen the sharingan-like eyes?

Both eyes are the same when they do that, iirc. Unless there is something in pso2 that has both eyes like that.

Kitoshi
Jun 25, 2013, 02:28 PM
Well, if you are bad at the game, Cast could be better for you. I was talking about skilled players when I said that Duman is better than Cast. In other words, I am saying offense is more important than defense in PSO2.

And some people are "bad" at this game ya.

But yes, in general offensive capability beats defensive capability.

I personally don't find a 3 % increase worth a race change though, or was it 2 % ? I don't remember, i don't really care about min-maxing my stats at all.

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 02:29 PM
It's actually 1%.

So there's no difference, really.

Kitoshi
Jun 25, 2013, 02:31 PM
It's actually 1%.

So there's no difference, really.

So then the actual question the thread asks.

What is the purpose of dumans :D.

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 02:36 PM
I personally see Dumans as an allclass choice alongside Newman. Pick Newman if you want to excel in forcing, whereas pick Duman if you want to excel in melee and ranged.

I personally don't like the way they did the stats, because Female Human has no advantage over Female Newman, except some HP and DEX. . .

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 02:43 PM

Well, RAcaseal at least would still be the better choice; higher R-Atk and Dex, plus the higher R-Def helps equip better units that provide more R-Atk.

If a good melee unit set is ever released, the extra S-Def a HUcast naturally has will mean less S-Atk that needs to be sacrificed to equip said good equipment.

Also not every single attack can be avoided while also maximizing DPS. If you can safely absorb a hit while attacking, that saves time having to dodge certain death while not dealing any damage or canceling your attack early. Having enough HP to survive at least one hit means that a single mistake does not cost you as well as at least one other party member to completely stop what they were doing. A Cast can then either stack more HP to guarantee survival, or focus on PP affixes to overtake a Duman's offensive output while matching or surpassing their defenses at the same time.

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 02:43 PM
Realistically, you're going to get hit as some classes. Cast is better geared for HU, for instance, with its generally longer animations and how many of its attacks are built around being in the middle of the fray (hyper armor, grapples, etc.)

So for HU, sure, I get HP. FI, I can get it, but it's less important. Techer depends on how you approach it. Everything else, well, base HP differences just aren't going to make that much of a difference very often.

edit: And, as Unlucky has pointed it, if there's ever a super great offensive series of units that depend on def stats, casts will be best able to equip the sdef variants.

You can bet something like that is on the drawing board with a class with such little sdef on the way. If there's anything you can expect in F2P games it's the devs trying to make the best builds obsolete, and the least used stuff required...even if it's just to achieve a similar end build.

shagia
Jun 25, 2013, 02:54 PM
So that Dew and Doritos promotion is going to culminate in a PSO2 on Xbone announcement then...

believe it or not, it was confirmed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46627773/pso2mountaindewpackage.png

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 02:55 PM
i completely believe that would actually happen

Alucard V
Jun 25, 2013, 03:08 PM
Without their Infinity Blasts? I have no idea. The differences in stats across the races isn't negligable, but it's not enough to really bar any race from preforming any particular job well either. I imagine it's going to be the case here as well.

Same shit, slightly different character model.

I wish they'd give each race specific qualities and limitations to futher differenciate them if they're not going to bother giving us anything other than "humans with funny ears". Kind of like how in PSO (v.1 & 2 at least) Casts were immune to most status effects, could use traps, but couldn't use techniques. That'll piss off the FOcast/caseal crowd, but at least it made them unique. Hell, now, you can't even get decent parts for them - with the multi-race "sausage casings" being the most prevelant option.

So how's this for a point to Dewmans. They're a way to generate buzz and interest in their product by giving you something, without actually giving you anything at all.

I agree, without any racial ability any added race is just a slight tweaking stat wise. Far from the Demi-fiends PSP2i made them out to be. Which also shoots down my "Rough Clone" theory. Tho the heterochromatic eyes were a nice touch.

All I can say now is Racial Skill Tree. It's kind of needed.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
That picture, LOL
+1 for confirmed

D-Inferno
Jun 25, 2013, 03:25 PM
HUFI dewman only has 6 more S-ATK than HUcast. And casts even have 4 more dex to lower the difference. And they have more HP and S-DEF.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 25, 2013, 03:57 PM

Don't care if is my playing style and the big new thing, I want my free CAST! :D The level 14 glory rain I just won should come in handy for it though it will main fighter/hunter but do ranger sometimes.

gravityvx
Jun 25, 2013, 04:21 PM
That pic made me lol way harder than it should have lol got tears in my eyes. Because despite that being a joke that'd be exactly how it would go down.

Laga
Jun 25, 2013, 04:23 PM
guess Ill be making myself a Mayumi Thyme clone

Crysteon
Jun 25, 2013, 04:37 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46627773/pso2mountaindewpackage.png

I actually see some people preordering this junk ._.

But yeah, that pic is just awesome, lol.

jooozek
Jun 25, 2013, 04:51 PM
did all dumans in psp2i have eyebands?

AzureBlaze
Jun 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
Yes, they all had to have it in psp2I
You could choose the side it was on, or pick the style, but it was mandatory. They also had limited skin colors (toward the pale side) and they removed the patch to unleash the "Infinity Blast" that was their race special. So having the patch was basically a huge plot point. InfBlast coordinated with their class too I think like HU got something "Over End" ish to use for a while for example.

Hyuga Wright was also supposed to be a duman by that point in their time line, and he didn't have a patch. But he was NPC/Unique so he used his hair to cover the eye / contain the energy or something I think.

I also thinnnnkkkk their faces were limited too?
Like I think the duman male tended toward like older man looks where they gave you like 3 wrinkle face options and maybe 1 normal one to mess with. Also no facial hair allowed for them? Not 100%. I had the game, but that whole "morons hack the Sony" thing knocked me out of it permanently and since "japan only" there was no fix ever...so yeah.

I'm not super sure why they're putting Duman here/what the purpose is.
Their purpose on inf was the race special attack, but here that doesn't exist. I bet it's a plot point, and also likely because they were easy. (pallet swap a human, add the fin from Cast in PSU to it but call it a horn = insta 'new guy')

Still, I'm excited to see what people will do with it. Maybe it'll excel on some of the new classes like braver and stuff. Plus it will be neat to see different looking people.

Punisher106
Jun 25, 2013, 05:49 PM
Male dumans looked so geriatric in PSP2i. '^'

I'm glad that they won't look so old in PSO2.

disaster.report
Jun 25, 2013, 05:55 PM
When I think of Dumans, I think of Mukuro Rokudo. Anyone? Anyone? XD

Omega-z
Jun 25, 2013, 07:31 PM
Zyrusticae - you can get the Same color's as a Duman with a Cast. In fact you can all ready make a Duman with the Cast race with Horn's, color, eye-patch. The only thing would be the split eye color. With have weaker stat's overall since the little meh increase's are a joke. It's a weaker Cast with Skin that's all. Sega's plan of fixing the Cast parts problem......Faceplam.:nono:

Sinue_v2
Jun 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
InfBlast coordinated with their class too I think like HU got something "Over End" ish to use for a while for example.

I've only leveled up FO on my Duman, but their Infinity Blast works kind of like how Nanoblast worked for Beasts in PSU Vanilla in that, you can't access your techs or healing items. You also can't block (at least with FO), but you can dodge. So you're pretty much totally vulnerable with the shittiest defensive stats in the game. And to top that off, you have to press the attack - since Infinity Blast duration (and attack power in general) is tied to how high of a chain you can build. But the tradeoff was that it's power was just disgustingly high. A good Duman player could put out more damage with their Inf. Blast than the entire party with their best Nano/SUV/Mirage Blasts combined. Yet Infinity Blasts were also almost certain death unless you were competent at dodging or had a party member to drip-feeding you Resta.

THAT is what truly made them glass cannons. That's what really made them fun. And that's what's missing from PSO2's Dumen.

And yeah, the males were all either old or had horse faces. I wasn't really that impressed with the females either, so I turned mine into a cyborg (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1776&pictureid=34821).

DS23
Jun 25, 2013, 10:26 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46627773/pso2mountaindewpackage.pngomfg, amazing work duder.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2013, 10:31 PM
Purpose of Dewmans:

Increase AC sales.

Mike
Jun 25, 2013, 10:36 PM
I've only leveled up FO on my Duman, but their Infinity Blast works kind of like how Nanoblast worked for Beasts in PSU Vanilla in that, you can't access your techs or healing items. You also can't block (at least with FO), but you can dodge.
Don't remember about blocking but at least with hunter you gained the ability to absorb HP as your type level went up.

Shambertin
Jun 26, 2013, 04:40 AM
so cant wait to make my space unicorn duman male he will be a super fabulous man unicorn!!!!!!!

Noc Codez
Jun 26, 2013, 04:46 AM
My new dewman ^^;

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q774/LetsGoShaneHi5/unicornman_zps74229991.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/LetsGoShaneHi5/media/unicornman_zps74229991.jpg.html)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Jun 26, 2013, 04:50 AM
My new dewman ^^;

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q774/LetsGoShaneHi5/unicornman_zps74229991.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/LetsGoShaneHi5/media/unicornman_zps74229991.jpg.html)[/SPOILER-BOX]

You will win all of my respect if you seriously make a muscular male duman with a purple mohawk.

Shambertin
Jun 26, 2013, 04:51 AM
My new dewman ^^;

THIS!!

Rien
Jun 26, 2013, 04:52 AM
I expect a really large influx of Tokisaki Kurumi characters.

Noc Codez
Jun 26, 2013, 04:57 AM
You will win all of my respect if you seriously make a muscular male duman with a purple mohawk.

I'll think about it.. ^^;

o0Kais0o
Jun 26, 2013, 06:17 AM
So you can make David Bowie, with a horn, yeah.

This, this right here.

Jei182
Jun 26, 2013, 12:10 PM
To be used less than male newmans
lol. I'm attracted to all of the lesser used race/sex combinations it seems. Funny thing is half of the reason being that they are male (other than human).