PDA

View Full Version : Sega needs to get their butts in gear and give US release

LovelyCorinn
Jun 25, 2013, 12:05 PM
Why does sega always do this? i mean dont you people think other people want to play besides the japanese? is it that hard to really get the game translated? i may not know how translations work as im not a devloper but im thinking with everything in place translating language shouldnt take that long, its been what a year already? come on sega get your butts up and make this happen many are waiting and we dont think its fair because you could have been did this, what are you waiting for? sometimes i think you people are so selfish and insensitive to the english players its not even funny, take Shenmue for example many fans around the world want 3 but you guys being stingy and not allowing Yu Suzuki to make it saying you cant afford it really? your company has billions of dollars and yet you say you cant afford Shenmue 3 but everytime i turn around your making another piece of shit Yakuza? get it together sega you keep treating people like this you gonna lose a lot of support.

The Walrus
Jun 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, you hatin' on Yakuza?

Gama
Jun 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
this topic has been discussed several times already.

sega will do whatever they see fit. theres nothing we can do about it. if they make a Na version and releasse it it will probbly suffer from the same issues from the previous game, so im not very interested if they do release it.

because it will probbly be half assed.

Niris
Jun 25, 2013, 12:27 PM
You're wasting all that energy you could be using to get through the JP captcha to register and just play without worrying about a non existent NA release.

Dan Maku
Jun 25, 2013, 12:27 PM
piece of shit Yakuza

My troll sense is tingling.

HIT0SHI
Jun 25, 2013, 12:35 PM
Oh look this thread again...

Emp
Jun 25, 2013, 01:40 PM
Translating isnt the only obstacle in localization. U also have alot of the licensing terms with some of the items/costumes in the game that have to be taken care of. Tbh, a localization is a big waste. Im willing to bet that Sega will even take some weapons out of the game. Say hello to some good ol PSO bastardization.

kornkid212
Jun 25, 2013, 02:03 PM
Why does sega always do this? i mean dont you people think other people want to play besides the japanese? is it that hard to really get the game translated? i may not know how translations work as im not a devloper but im thinking with everything in place translating language shouldnt take that long, its been what a year already? come on sega get your butts up and make this happen many are waiting and we dont think its fair because you could have been did this, what are you waiting for? sometimes i think you people are so selfish and insensitive to the english players its not even funny, take Shenmue for example many fans around the world want 3 but you guys being stingy and not allowing Yu Suzuki to make it saying you cant afford it really? your company has billions of dollars and yet you say you cant afford Shenmue 3 but everytime i turn around your making another piece of shit Yakuza? get it together sega you keep treating people like this you gonna lose a lot of support.

Because Sega is racist and treats non-japanese people like second class citizens...

Sorry but it seems to be the harsh truth.

I will want this game to get released in the US and Europe. Wont play the japanese version because I shouldnt be forced to go through loops just to enjoy the game.

DreXxiN
Jun 25, 2013, 02:08 PM
we dont think its fair because you could have been did this, what are you waiting for? sometimes i think you people are so selfish and insensitive to the english players its not even funny,

This might make you upset, but the purpose of a business is to make money in the most efficient method possible, which often isn't what you want. "feelings" and "fairness" are not factors here.

Emp
Jun 25, 2013, 02:13 PM
Because Sega is racist and treats non-japanese people like second class citizens...

I will want this game to get released in the US and Europe. Wont play the japanese version because I shouldnt be forced to go through loops just to enjoy the game.

Lol how the hell do u come to the conclusion thar Sega is racist? U do understand the money and trouble that Sega has to go through to localize? U do understand that the english fanbase is only a fraction of the WHOLE ASIAN fanbase? If Sega localizes, they will lose more money than make money cause hardly anyone will buy AC. To make up for the loss of money, they will turn this awesome free to play game into something u hv to pay to log into.

Vintasticvin
Jun 25, 2013, 02:18 PM
Oh look this thread again...
My thoughts exactly upon entering thread.

You're wasting all that energy you could be using to get through the JP captcha to register and just play without worrying about a non existent NA release.

Or he/she could have posted this on official forums

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 02:26 PM
Or he/she could have posted this on official forums
That would be a waste of energy that could be used to get through the JP captcha to register and just play without worrying about a non existent NA release.

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 02:49 PM
And the award for Most Dead Horse Societable Thread of the Year goes to...

(I'm just kidding, there have been way worse ones than this)

SakoHaruo
Jun 25, 2013, 03:06 PM
oh no, Sega remove my favorite nude outfit and hairstyle... because that shit don't fly well in the west.

look at all the cool shit coming out on PSO2 JP! when will SoA release it over here? D:

Damn, that new Braver class look sick, can't wait to play it this summer! Aww man, Summer 2014 for US players.

There will be players on forums talking about how much better PSO2 is on the JP servers, talking about the great the new features, etc.

and then...

fuck this game, I'm going back to PSO2 JP! even though I beg Sega to release the game in the west, and because I don't want to wait that long for new content to release in the west.

then the community puts another hole in Sega's wallet.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 25, 2013, 03:16 PM
[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2378rojympz98n4/jontron1.gif[/spoiler-box]

Perhaps you should join the Japanese servers so you know exactly what you're waiting for? Waiting for a western release only to dislike the game does not sound practical at all. Of course if you do join you can assume that some of, if not, most of the content will be cut out for the international release (assuming that that the game will eventually come out, LOL), but at least you can say you played the game and formulated an opinion about it.

Ranmaru
Jun 25, 2013, 03:33 PM
and then...

fuck this game, I'm going back to PSO2 JP! even though I beg Sega to release the game in the west, and because I don't want to wait that long for new content to release in the west.

then the community puts another hole in Sega's wallet.

It's a love/hate relationship. :-?

AgemFrostMage
Jun 25, 2013, 03:53 PM

They also ban Chinese IPs, even though most do no hacking or goldselling.

Agreed that Sega will unfortunately bastardize the game, not only with huge lag behind, but also stuff taken out. I think towel will be to go =(

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 03:54 PM
The towel will probably stay, but most other promotional and temporary things will probably be gone. Instead, we'll get another Yahoo Cup and Yahoo Mag with an off-center logo.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 25, 2013, 03:56 PM
The towel will probably stay, but most other promotional and temporary things will probably be gone. Instead, we'll get another Yahoo Cup and Yahoo Mag with an off-center logo.

I had a feeling that the best mag (chibi Miku), crossovers (again, Miku ^_^ ) and such would be gone =( Not even Batman crossover can save this game *sighs... also...hint hint... not that Sega's paying attention -_- )

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2013, 04:06 PM
I hope they don't release an NA version now, actually.

AGUEHUEGUEHUEGUEHUEGUEEEEEEEEEEE

Noc Codez
Jun 25, 2013, 04:35 PM

I agree.. All these so called fans crying about NA release.. If you were a real fan you wouldn't mind going threw some hoops to play a game you love and to be honest it's only an 1hr of your time maybe less to set up an account but most people waiting for the NA/Eu release are lazy simply put.. All I heard over the month is wah wah wah gimme gimme gimme.. Then someone says hey JP server/English patch,responce ILL hell no why should I ?

In short if you didn't want to read my rant.. Stop acting like a fan when your not..

The Walrus
Jun 25, 2013, 04:38 PM
I agree.. All these so called fans crying about NA release.. If you were a real fan you wouldn't mind going threw some hoops to play a game you love and to be honest it's only an 1hr of your time maybe less to set up an account but most people waiting for the NA/Eu release are lazy simply put.. All I heard over the month is wah wah wah gimme gimme gimme.. Then someone says hey JP server/English patch,responce ILL hell no why should I ?

In short if you didn't want to read my rant.. Stop acting like a fan when your not..

No True Scotsman eh (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman)

Niris
Jun 25, 2013, 04:41 PM
[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2378rojympz98n4/jontron1.gif[/spoiler-box]

Farewell, Not so grump....

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
Now now, pointing out fallacies is a quick way to be called a dirty elitist.

Macman
Jun 25, 2013, 04:45 PM
Instead, we'll get another Yahoo Cup and Yahoo Mag with an off-center logo.
I don't know what was worse, the Yahoo mag or the Maximum Attack AOL cup.

jooozek
Jun 25, 2013, 04:47 PM
i know whats worse
arks bingo is

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 25, 2013, 04:49 PM
Farewell, Not so grump....

I'm :(

The Walrus
Jun 25, 2013, 04:50 PM
i know whats worse
arks bingo is

Arks Bingo is the best thing ever added to this game and you know it

Dan Maku
Jun 25, 2013, 04:53 PM

GURL U BE TROLLIN :D

Aslinng
Jun 25, 2013, 04:59 PM
What ?

Macman
Jun 25, 2013, 05:09 PM
i know whats worse
arks bingo is
Arks Bingo doesn't have terrible lines spouted at you everytime you play Chaotic Border Break.

"You killed 50 monsters! Bet they aren't on your buddy list!" :disapprove:

SakoHaruo
Jun 25, 2013, 05:14 PM
Why do people even want an official US release? For what reason?

Friends and word of mouth?

If you've told your friends about the english patch and they still don't want to play the game, then maybe they're not interested in the game. Why are you trying to force them to play something that they don't want to play? And when that friend finally plays PSO2, what if that friend doesn't like the game? So.. you beg Sega to release in the west just so your friend can play for a few hours and decide that PSO2 is a shitty game. Now, lets say that friend does like the game and decides to join the community. eventually they will come across some JP footage and notice that that version has much better features, content, etc than our version. If that friend goes over to the JP version, then YOU, THE GAMER, are killing your own hobby. yes you! because now you are no longer supporting the US version that Sega is spending money on to keep servers running.... for your friend that's is now playing the JP version. but, at least he/she is playing the game, right? so.. fuck it, right? lol

IP Block?

Game has been out for over a year with no problems. Sega know damn well we're on their servers and they haven't done anything to stop us from play PSO2 JP.

in my opinion, anyone that would rather play on the US version of PSO2 is basically saying they would rather play an incomplete game with content lagging behind or.. may not even get release for the US version of the game, and.. your ass is 100%.. no 200% fine with that.

The Walrus
Jun 25, 2013, 05:16 PM
Not everyone likes having to jump through hoops to play a game.

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
yawn.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2013, 05:50 PM

It's hardly 'jumping through hoops', what with the countless guides and language patches readily available at the click of a Google search.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 05:59 PM
Not everything is translated, not everyone speaks English, and foreign credit cards are not accepted.

Sure, an international server will have a bunch of people speaking in tongues, but probably not the majority.

If the content and support was all there, the NA/EU release would definitely be worth waiting for.

Lostbob117
Jun 25, 2013, 07:25 PM
It's hardly 'jumping through hoops', what with the countless guides and language patches readily available at the click of a Google search.

Not everyone wants to have a community of like 90% or ever 95% that don't speak their language and I bet some people don't want have to download multiple patches and have to reapply the patch after every maintenance, also I bet those people don't want to have to copy and paste, and figure out what every item is.

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 07:27 PM
Let's see

Icon looks like a gun and it requires ratk.

Is it a gun? Or, no, is it a sword? Or maybe it's...

Actually, hold on, in this game that is a legitimate issue.

I kid, I kid. I agree, some people just want to play games without dealing with hurdles, that's cool. Nothing to hold against 'em.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2013, 07:34 PM
Not everyone wants to have a community of like 90% or ever 95% that don't speak their language and I bet some people don't want have to download multiple patches and have to reapply the patch after every maintenance, also I bet those people don't want to have to copy and paste, and figure out what every item is.

Their tears of frustration are like drops of the thickest, most golden honey.

Lostbob117
Jun 25, 2013, 07:44 PM
Their tears of frustration are like drops of the thickest, most golden honey.

To be honest, you're just pretty much bashing people for not wanting to play the game the way you play it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 07:47 PM
Sega needs to get their butts in gear and give us a butt slider
fixed it

Gama
Jun 25, 2013, 07:49 PM

my eight year old cousin is playing this game. he saw some stuff i posted on facebook and one day he said hey im on ship 2 can we play?

he created a jp account, downloaded the game, got the patch working by himself.

thanks to all the tools created for the en comunity

playing this game is pretty much idiot proff. so if you dont want to jump hoops, youre just being lazy i guess.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 07:50 PM
Why do we gotta hate on people wanting to be lazy tho.

Why can't we just let them beeeee

Gardios
Jun 25, 2013, 07:51 PM
More importantly, being able to talk freely and understanding the majority of the player base is a huge deal for many.

Macman
Jun 25, 2013, 08:30 PM
Why do we gotta hate on people wanting to be lazy tho.

Why can't we just let them beeeee
Because they spend their efforts bitching in front of everybody instead of reading a guide on how to register.

shagia
Jun 25, 2013, 08:34 PM
I think there's a huge difference between people who want to jump through hurdles to play a game and people who don't want to..

It's really that simple. I know tons of people who want to play PSO2 but would rather wait for the NA servers, mainly because they find patching their game continuously and if not, having to learn the game while in a language they don't understand as 'too hard' or 'not worth it.'

not forgetting the fact that acquiring AC can be deemed as 'confusing', it all depends on being lazy or just not being technologically skilled IMO.

fixed it

right? the heck is sega doin right now

[SPOILER-BOX]
Because they spend their efforts bitching in front of everybody instead of reading a guide on how to register.

this is a very ironic post fyi[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 08:37 PM
"Patch repeatedly"

So click a button every time the game patches normally. Before the servers are even back up.

Oh man that was so difficult! How do you guys manage to do that every month? Why put up with that level of bullshit and just wait a few more years before we even get a release date?

shagia
Jun 25, 2013, 08:39 PM
you missed the point.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 08:41 PM
I understand most any complaint other than "oh man, you mean I have to PATCH my game every time my game patches? Fuck THAT"

pso2love
Jun 25, 2013, 08:58 PM
"Why wait for the Western release?"

Because I do NOT want what happened to "pso2gaijin" to happen to me, or any of my other friends. http://segahates.us/

"Well, that would mean that you would want to give SEGA money... WTH would you want to do that?"

Simple. If someone is offering a service to me for free, and I truly appreciated the service, I will gladly pay them to show my support.

"Just play on the JP servers and dont buy AC."

*headdesk* Go home, you're drunk.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 25, 2013, 09:07 PM
I'm not worried if they don't release it to the US, If they do it will most likely be a year + behind in updates.

Jei182
Jun 25, 2013, 09:18 PM

I do want it to get released in the US and Europe as well, but the fact of the matter is it probably will not now. There aren't really a lot of loops to go through to be able to play the japanese version on a computer, and as for some costumes and things I'm just saving up Meseta for if I see something good in the player shops.

My one problem is I see all this cool stuff and I want it but I just wish there were an easier and cheaper way to get it besides getting lucky at the player shops. I am personally glad I did go through the hoops to play the game, and this was before I knew of some of the tools that people here use and make to make it easier for us to play the game. I can do the japanese captcha thing in like 5 mins now, with harder symbols it only takes 15 mins. AIDAs tools are fantastic for this game from my experience.

If by some miracle a US version does come out, I will get it but I just think that due to gamers in the US, I don't think it would do nearly as well as it would in the japanese market. Me and a friend had a talk about this the other day. The fact is is that the markets are too different. In some ways the Japanese market is just better.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 09:33 PM
Fuck
Hitting the button to turn the PC on is mad difficult

Gotta keep it running
To the ground

shagia
Jun 25, 2013, 09:35 PM
BasedGod actually got me through the JP captcha

thank u basedgod

Macman
Jun 25, 2013, 09:36 PM
*headdesk* Go home, you're drunk.
I will-*hic* annnnd I'll enj-shoy za game yer still-*urp* waitin' for! :beer:

Lostbob117
Jun 25, 2013, 09:44 PM
I'd like to point out that the "patch repeatedly" issue no longer exists:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

You hit ONE BUTTON. ONE BUTTON. "Install latest EN Patch".

If you refuse to hit one additional button in order to enjoy a game in your language, how did you ever find the effort to turn your computer on? You hit a button to do that too, don't you?

The JP Captcha I can understand - It is indeed a pain. Aside from that, though - There are no "hoops" or "hurdles" to jump through.

I might even write an updated guide on registering/starting to play when I get bored. But seriously, people, come onnnnnn~ I have taken all the work out of this. I literally don't think it's possible for me to make it easier.

That's a small thing for people, I think the main thing is the language barrier with the community. Most of the commmunity is Japanese, meaning most of their party members they party with they can't speak to.

Skyly
Jun 25, 2013, 09:57 PM
Playing the JP version of PSO2 isn't as hyped up as people are claiming it to be. It's rather complicated.. you have to copy and paste JP text to search items, go off pictures of your weapons, armor, and go off stats.. etc etc. You truly have no idea of what's going on. That's why people want a NA version cause they want the whole PSO2 experience not just a JP version. I've played PSO2 JP till LV 21 cause I couldn't resist but it got boring cause I really didn't know what I was doing to a certain extent. Yeah I could hack, slash, dash, and jump but it wasn't the game I wanted to play.. You really don't know what's going on if you're playing a game in a different lauguage. It's just not the same experience because of the language barrier.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 10:07 PM
tbh if I was playing casually, I wouldn't want to use a website to look up stuff
Some people don't want to be stuck to a block to enjoy a game either.

Just because something doesn't bother you does not mean the same for others D:

It all boils down to:
Convenience
A persons take on what is convenient

Sure, having the ability to download an english patch isn't too inconvenient...
Know what'd be even less inconvenient tho?
Not having to download one at all to understand the game.

Lostbob117
Jun 25, 2013, 10:41 PM
That's assuming they don't play on the english block, B20. (Which, although some disagree, is a GREAT place to do runs/meet people. Maybe not FALZ runs or super ultra important runs, but still a great place nonetheless!)

I'm sure many disagree.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 10:42 PM
Go to the English block(s), join an English Team(s), look up English names (character/player+Arks Card profile) and party with them. You can fully immerse yourself in English speaking players if you want to.

Or use this automatic chat translator (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204921) and attempt to throw words at people who may not fully understand you. Or have several Japanese chat macros at your disposal (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205487). Or like the majority of players, even most native Japanese, don't say anything at all.

Now if that item translator makes major headway and someone takes it upon themself to sell Webmoney at cost to the public, we'd have a real international PSO2 server right there.

Also you know what's even more convenient? Not having a game to play at all. So much time saved not having to grind and farm and all that fun stuff.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2013, 10:47 PM
ITT People not getting the point

GuardianGirth
Jun 26, 2013, 12:27 AM
If someone claims they really want to play the game but wont go through 20 minutes of foreign symbols, they simply don't want it enough and are wasting their time.

If they keep bitching, then tell them to shut the fuck up and move on.

/end thread

Niris
Jun 26, 2013, 12:41 AM
TBH I see the point about the items. I have a buncha shit in my inventory that I have no idea what their function is but fuck it! They just sit there and collect dust, The game is still awesome so who gives a shit! *Hic*

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 26, 2013, 12:44 AM
I guess it's a matter of convenience. I personally don't mind looking at a website or two for translation and downloading a patch isn't problematic for me either, but for someone else it might be a deal breaker. I'll just stick with what I'm doing.

Maronji
Jun 26, 2013, 12:45 AM
ITT People not getting the point

Agreed.

Because signing up for and playing the game is essentially second nature at this point for some of you, some of you appear to have developed some degree of bias (the amount depends on the person, it would seem). However, regardless of how much you try to argue for it, many people have differing viewpoints. Another issue that some of you seem to be overlooking is that it's not a matter of the difficulty (or lack thereof) of the process, but rather, it's the principle of the matter. It's not that it's too hard for some people, but rather, it's that you have to do it at all.

I've said this before, but the only reasons that I bothered trying to sign up for this game is that I'm somewhat research-savvy when it comes to these things and the mere fact that it was a Phantasy Star game. I might be able to live without the former (but it'd have to be a pretty damn awesome game at that point for me to put in the effort), but if it weren't for the latter, I wouldn't have even touched it. That's just how I am. Likewise, everyone has their own set of circumstances that either enable them to play or turn them away from the game.

You don't have to like their opinions. That much is a given. But honestly, guys, is it too much to ask to respect the opinions of others regarding this matter?

blace
Jun 26, 2013, 01:18 AM
I'd like to believe that our opinions are overlooked and ignored as is the case with many of them. Or simply I don't stand out.

Ranmaru
Jun 26, 2013, 01:51 AM
BasedGod actually got me through the JP captcha

thank u basedgod

Funnily enough I'm listening to lil b right now

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 02:25 AM
SEGA of JP is doing a great job with PSO2. Sega needs to get their butts in gear and give US release?! Thats a really ungrateful title, They are working hard as it is, they give people a free game and people complain....Seriously...

Maronji
Jun 26, 2013, 04:37 AM
Not sure if this is directed towards me or not

It wasn't directed at any specific person, really.

but as I've said above, "To each their own". I'm sure it's too much for some people.

Then you're not really a part of the group I was directing that post at, are you? (Based on the line that follows the quoted line above, I'm honestly inclined to ask for clarification on the phrase "some people", but given the nature of the thread at this point, I don't know if I care enough to ask.)

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. I don't understand why there's such a great need to beat this dead horse any more than it already has been.

Noc Codez
Jun 26, 2013, 04:44 AM
Beat that dead horse !
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Greenstarz/fun%20gif/deadhorse.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Greenstarz/media/fun%20gif/deadhorse.gif.html)

AgemFrostMage
Jun 26, 2013, 05:25 AM
SEGA of JP is doing a great job with PSO2. Sega needs to get their butts in gear and give US release?! Thats a really ungrateful title, They are working hard as it is, they give people a free game and people complain....Seriously...

They give Japan only a free game but promise it to other places but give no real news in months! Last news was official delay, but we already knew it was delayed by then -_-

CloudChaser
Jun 26, 2013, 12:47 PM
Honestly I think a lot of people would be happy if all they did was translate the text, I could care less if they spoke in English.

Jei182
Jun 26, 2013, 01:05 PM
They give Japan only a free game but promise it to other places but give no real news in months! Last news was official delay, but we already knew it was delayed by then -_-
I downloaded the game specifically because of the fact that there was no word on an official release for the western market. SEGA is pretty good at delaying the US versions of PSO. It happened with v2 (a game that I got my gamecube modded with that little button to play and imported).

I can see it from both sides really. I would love it if everything were in english, but enough of it is in english for me to understand and I don't really mind looking up things to know what I'm getting. That being said, it would be nice if we could have the game exactly as the Japanese audience has it now in english and with an easier way to buy content, but due to the difference in markets (which I think is the problem with a US/EU release at the moment) I think that SoA is concerned about how this game model will do in the US overall. There are plenty of us that would download and buy additional content, but I just don't think that it will be as many (at least as there are in Japan) that would do this thanks to the economy and the difference in markets.