PDA

View Full Version : clones... CLONES!?

Skyly HUmar
Jun 25, 2013, 01:40 PM
Did their rates go down or something? I was hunting them for 3 hours between last night and earlier today and not 1 showed up.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 01:56 PM
They've always been fairly rare for me, unless I'm running around in Hard mode solo, then it seems like the same clone will harass me for several quests in a row.

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 02:08 PM
I feel like the rate has gone down too, which is why Photon Spheres are 50,000 meseta now.

Requiem Aeternam
Jun 25, 2013, 02:11 PM
I haven't played in awhile but I tend to find them almost every time I do the first Mines quest. Maybe try there if you haven't already?

Kitoshi
Jun 25, 2013, 02:12 PM
Previous update, where "super" falz got added had something about clone appearance rate being adjusted as well.

I cba to look for the post atm, but i think it was on bumped as well.

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 02:15 PM
I had a look, and it doesn't say anything about clone appearance rates, just that they removed the gates in the Abduction X Clone quest.

EvilMag
Jun 25, 2013, 02:20 PM
Clones drop a new affix. I think that's what they meant when they adjusted it.

jooozek
Jun 25, 2013, 02:23 PM
"Adjusted the drop items and appearance rate for Code: Clone."

from bumped
so yeah, might've been nerfed as fuck, the appearance rate that is

Kitoshi
Jun 25, 2013, 02:24 PM
Adjusted the drop items and appearance rate for Code: Clone.

Source : http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-1-year-anniversary-update-part-1/

Take it as you will, to me that sounds like the actual code clone trial appearance rate was changed.

*edit*
Seems Jooozek beat me to it.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 25, 2013, 05:07 PM
not to mention a lot of people aren't in to running Abduction any more+^_^+ they just quit out to resume TAs, this could be contributing to rarity of clones as well+^_^+ SEGAC really should put something ultra rare or something into abduction to get people to play+^_^+

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 05:08 PM
SEGAC really should put something ultra rare or something into abduction to get people to play+^_^+

I bet this is the exact solution they implement.

Kitoshi
Jun 25, 2013, 05:13 PM

Someone should let them know it's beyond broken first.

Vandread
Jun 25, 2013, 05:15 PM
Maybe fix the mission first then? I got abducted with Kitoshi twice, first time Ragne didn't spawn properly and the gate did show up, second time was basically... ya, all sorts of funky shit going wrong. Unhittable mobs, invisible gunships, invisible photon blasts, etc etc. All in all, I'm guessing it's not worth the trouble right now. When we got abducted the third time we just killed ourselves off on the first spawn. No use in wasting more time when it's not even certain you're going to be able to complete it, simply because of technical problems with the instance itself.

Shame really, still is a lot of fun. Comes close to PSO1 anyway in terms of level-design.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 25, 2013, 05:15 PM

*secretly works for them as amerika spy* +^_^+ maybe they have and haven't said nothing yet ;P

gigawuts
Jun 25, 2013, 05:16 PM
Someone should let them know it's beyond broken first.

No, that's part of the intended mechanics. Now it's RNG if you can even fight a boss that's already spawned.

Vandread
Jun 25, 2013, 05:18 PM
That almost beats the reply I got from Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning CSR's when I notified them one of their dungeons was broken beyond belief. ._.'

Resanoca
Jun 25, 2013, 05:29 PM
Ah, so not the only one who has had issues with this. lol I swear I've seen them more in AQs than when hunting for them. Kind of gave up days ago.

BlankM
Jun 25, 2013, 05:36 PM
Yes, ever since the update where they "Adjusted the appearance rate of Code: Clone" I've seen a big decline. Maybe two total. Where as before I used to get them every other AQ.

Also photon sphere prices seem to reflect this change.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 25, 2013, 05:36 PM
It's been two and a half weeks since I've seen a clone, and most people I talk to haven't been cloned in a long time or even know what it's like to be cloned.

MetalDude
Jun 25, 2013, 05:41 PM
So many Subdue Fangulf runs without clones and I was wondering if this was true.

Why the hell would they do that?

Punisher106
Jun 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
Probably the level 2 people are bitching about level 60 FOs one-shotting them.

EvilMag
Jun 25, 2013, 06:06 PM
Spheres are 80k now.

Yep, they nerfed them.

Shinamori
Jun 25, 2013, 06:44 PM
75% EXP Tickets are the same price. Thanks, SEGA!

Z-0
Jun 25, 2013, 06:51 PM
They most likely nerfed them because people were capping extremely quickly due to how cheap and easy Photon Spheres (and thus 75% EXP tickets) were to obtain, due to the decent spawn rate of Clones in Advanced.

But who knows?

Kierto
Jun 25, 2013, 07:35 PM
Sounds more like a pre-nerf to stop there being such a large amount of Spheres/XP Tickets available when Dewmans hit..

Macman
Jun 25, 2013, 07:42 PM
They most likely nerfed them because people were capping extremely quickly due to how cheap and easy Photon Spheres (and thus 75% EXP tickets) were to obtain, due to the decent spawn rate of Clones in Advanced.
Going with this.

Sounds more like a pre-nerf to stop there being such a large amount of Spheres/XP Tickets available when Dewmans hit..
Because I'll totally be using +75%s in normal forest.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 25, 2013, 07:54 PM
Actually i was wondering because me and a buddy got cloned and we wanted to sphere hunt a bit. So its not the less people = less clones thing ;p. But yeah, way to make the game that much more tedious sega.

MetalDude
Jun 25, 2013, 07:57 PM
I can partly understand the ease of leveling with an almost endless supply of 75% tickets, but they could have simply nerfed the appearance rates in AQs and left SP quests with the same rates so that at least dedicated hunts were still a reasonable idea. Now I really don't want to fuckin' bother with it.

Gama
Jun 25, 2013, 08:13 PM
i only find them when i dont want to find them.

Shinamori
Jun 25, 2013, 08:25 PM
I have a crap ton of 10* units, so I can trade some for Photon Sphere.

jcart953
Jun 25, 2013, 09:07 PM
Assuming this is true, they might also want to reduce the chances of peop;e being easily able to get +5 potentials come e2. However good thing i have a stack of photon spheres o.O