PDA

View Full Version : Unable to move my character

futilepath
Jun 25, 2013, 08:12 PM
Hello, I recently started playing PSO2 - due to some of my friends saying it's a good game. So far, I am impressed~ loving it every second.

I ran into one major problem recently though - and that is...as you can see in the thread title, that I am unable to move my character.

I can press any number of keys on my keyboard and nothing will work. The menu does not pop up when I press ESC (default keybind). WASD does not work, space for jump does not work. Nothing works. It's not my keyboard as you can see me typing this. My mouse works...as well as my camera movement. I can also press T to switch between keyboard mode and mouse mode....but that and the camera zoom/zoom out are the only keyboard shortcuts that work.

I have no idea what is causing this...it happened as soon as I hit level 10 on my Hunter and started running down the ramp towards the Quest npcs....my character just stopped moving after what appeared to be a brief lag.

I haven't pressed any keyboard combinations...all I was pressing was the W button to move my character forward.

Anyone here able to give some tips or advice on what I can do to fix this?

(Please don't advise me to try the Scroll Lock method....my Logitech EX110 doesn't even come with a simple SL button so there is no way I pressed that. I also toggled it on and off in-game to see if it works, and it does (Direct chat is OFF btw).

Please help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2013, 08:20 PM
Do you have the story patch? If yes, do a file check (to return the game to japanese), and, when it comes to english patches, apply just the main and large files packs, don't apply the story patch, since it isn't fully compatible with the current version of the game.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, there's maintenance soon also, so new versions of patches may be possibly needed anyway.