PDA

View Full Version : My Last Straw

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 12:08 AM
I have been trying for literally months to get my SegaID since the anti-bot confirmation is in Japanese. I have used the translators and such and found out it was because of a time limit. After that continued to try to get it to no avail. If anyone is kind-hearted enough to help me out that would be much appreciated. I apologize if this is something requested a lot and I apologize if it is irritating but I feel I have no other choice. Maybe someone with a better understanding of Japanese would be able to do it within the time limit.

Fontana
Jun 26, 2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

Shouldn't be that hard.

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 12:18 AM

Shouldn't be that hard.

I understand that is how one should do it and I have been using that. I stated that I have tried but due to the time limit on the confirmation I can not get it in time.

Niris
Jun 26, 2013, 12:19 AM

Shouldn't be that hard.
Pretty much this. We all went through the same thing. where there's a will there's a way. Don't give up!

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 12:22 AM
I do understand that... I'll give it another shot but I really doubt my ability to do it.
I'm, for lack of a better term, inept at speed. I can't type very fast, let alone find the characters within 2 minutes.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 26, 2013, 12:24 AM
If you could get another person seated next to you maybe you could match the Hiragana quicker. I helped my brothers out with the process. Keep trying!

Laga
Jun 26, 2013, 12:24 AM
haven't gotten any emails like that yet, been playing since launch. maybe its because I don't no-life this game for months at a time. I usually play nonstop for about 2-3 weeks at a time and then take a break for like a couple months (miss a shit tone of events like this) probably the reason im only a lvl 45 Spaghetti Sauce... er, Ra/Gu.

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 12:26 AM
If you could get another person seated next to you maybe you could match the Hiragana quicker. I helped my brothers out with the process. Keep trying!

I live alone, I do have 2 monitors now, that may help with speed.

Niris
Jun 26, 2013, 12:32 AM
I live alone, I do have 2 monitors now, that may help with speed.
What I found to help me when I had to do this was to really look at the Hiragana
try to memorize some of it. Also refresh alot some captchas are ALOT simpler than others. Its all up to chance. But refresh alot wait for a nice simple looking one and do everything you can to tackle that shit. Many have crossed this bridge before you its not impossible. You can to.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 12:34 AM
If someone was to help you they would need all your account details, i wouldn't do that if i were you, especially someone over the internet,

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 12:35 AM
But Niris is right, keep refreshing till you get a simple one

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 12:40 AM
Many have crossed this bridge before you its not impossible. You can to.
We'll see what I can do, I'm not the fastest guy around. =_=''
Regardless, when I cross this bridge, I hope to see you on the other side!

If someone was to help you they would need all your account details, i wouldn't do that if i were you, especially someone over the internet,

I actually don't mind making a new email and allowing someone else to make an account using it for me. I can change the password for the email and I'm sure I can do the same with the SegaID. Besides, anyone who can/would do it for me has an account already. Why would they feel a need for mine when they can make their own, a new account is a new account.
Besides, there are my people. This is my game! ^_^

Wasn't there a site where you can write using your mouse and it would give you the characters you need?

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 12:52 AM
Wasn't there a site where you can write using your mouse and it would give you the characters you need?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203925

Hope this helps, its not a site but it has helped alot of people with the same problem

Niris
Jun 26, 2013, 12:52 AM
Wasn't there a site where you can write using your mouse and it would give you the characters you need? Not that I know of I did the Lexilogos thing. Also if you're not doing so I recommend using google chrome when on the JP site It'll translate a good amount of stuff for you. Try your best to match the Hiragana on lexilogos as quickly as possible than copy and paste like I said before look for a simpler looking one to skate by.

Kinujou
Jun 26, 2013, 12:55 AM
or you can quickly ss the catchpa only and ill do it (if you have something like skype we can message each other on)

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 12:56 AM
....yes.....YES.....YEEEEESSSS!!!! NIRIS! YOU BRILLIANT MAN!
I'm sorry madplayer, I did it before you posted, but I got it, I just calmly continued to retry and bam! EASY ONE!

BEHOLD! んしたつを
MY VICTORY!

Dan Maku
Jun 26, 2013, 01:01 AM
Pretty much this. We all went through the same thing. where there's a will there's a way. Don't give up!

Not me. I straight-up typed that shit into the captcha box. ;3 [/japanesemajor]

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 01:02 AM
Not me. I straight-up typed that shit into the captcha box. ;3 [/japanesemajor]

......don't spoil my victory.......

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 01:04 AM
I'm sorry madplayer, I did it before you posted, but I got it, I just calmly continued to retry and bam! EASY ONE!

BEHOLD! んしたつを
MY VICTORY!

That's great news! ! Good one Niris your the hero. :D

Dan Maku
Jun 26, 2013, 01:04 AM
......don't spoil my victory.......

Sorry, I just like to show off. XD

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 01:08 AM
you know you could have been all "ey-yo Hamadil! chillax an' let me take care-o-dat 4 u!"

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 26, 2013, 01:10 AM
Congratulations!

Ranmaru
Jun 26, 2013, 01:14 AM
How about you get someone who has done it or has some knowledge about hiregana to skype with you and help you out.

blace
Jun 26, 2013, 01:16 AM
How about you get someone who has done it or has some knowledge about hiregana to skype with you and help you out.

Take a look at the following quote taken from the last page.

BEHOLD! んしたつを
MY VICTORY!

Ranmaru
Jun 26, 2013, 01:17 AM
Thanks. I didn't take the time to read everything. My bad for being late and skimming.

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2013, 01:22 AM
Yeah all I do is have a kana table in another window to quickly copy paste. Repeated characters makes it way faster, and it also helps if the characters you get aren't really similar to others (there are quite a few tricky ones).

Other than that, you could learn to recognize a few! Like ありがとう (a-ri-ga-to-u) is made up of several really common characters. Or even just the vowels あえいおう (a-e-i-o-u) and ん (n) is a good start.

That, or put it all behind you now since you'll never have to do the captcha again! (well, until you need to deal with your account info for some reason)

Niris
Jun 26, 2013, 01:23 AM

BEHOLD! んしたつを
MY VICTORY!
Good job man grats! I'm happy for ya. Now have fun patching for the next 3 1/2 days huehuehuehuehheuhuuehhh....:nerd:

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 01:36 AM
Thanks. I didn't take the time to read everything. My bad for being late and skimming.

No problem, thank you for the help anyway ^^

That, or put it all behind you now since you'll never have to do the captcha again! (well, until you need to deal with your account info for some reason)

I have 3 friends who want to play, all of them are insistent that I do it for them cause "I know how" even though I'll admit it was a fluke.

Good job man grats! I'm happy for ya. Now have fun patching for the next 3 1/2 days huehuehuehuehheuhuuehhh....:nerd:

Patch time as of right now, 2 Hours at 20%. Fiber-Op=OP

Niris
Jun 26, 2013, 01:41 AM
That ain't half bad at the time I patched it was on a heavily used university style wifi so it was painful.

LaMBtRon
Jun 26, 2013, 02:29 AM
I'm a bit drunk...Well, a lot-a-bit drunk. BUT, from personal experience, look at the capcha before you input anything, then use lexilogos or Wikipedia to copy it; once you have it copied, fill in the normal information then paste the hiragana or w/e in the captcha boxen. That should avoid the time limit. Good luck ol' chum ^^;

KazukiQZ
Jun 26, 2013, 02:44 AM
Wait, so the Japanese captcha thing has time limit? How long is the time limit? Anybody knows?

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2013, 03:05 AM
Like 2 minutes, I believe.

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 03:20 AM
exactly 2 minutes actually, when I found out I set an egg timer.

KazukiQZ
Jun 26, 2013, 03:33 AM
Ohhh, so that's why I initially failed at registering... I thought I misspelled the catpcha :p

ekrezem
Jun 26, 2013, 03:58 AM
The easiest way I did was wit until one of my friend who's a bit used to type them and give him the link to the captcha (old firefox ftw /lazy to update), so I copy'ed the image link to him. And pastes whatever he came up with 0.o

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 05:18 AM
Ohhh, so that's why I initially failed at registering... I thought I misspelled the catpcha :p

Are you still having issues?

KazukiQZ
Jun 26, 2013, 07:59 AM
Are you still having issues?
Nope, currently playing in Ship 2.
But I never know the captcha time limit problem, so I was always puzzled when I get the error page when clicking 'Next' even though what I type (or copy + paste :D) is correct. Eventually I did a speed copy paste and got it done.

Anyway, the captcha time limit is a good info, it will surely help some of my friends who want to start playing :)

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 08:08 AM
Nope, currently playing in Ship 2.

I will be playing on Ship 2, maybe we'll meet up?

Vintasticvin
Jun 26, 2013, 08:21 AM
Perhaps This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203925) will serve you and others in your position. Red hot copy/paste action in the link.

KazukiQZ
Jun 26, 2013, 10:16 AM
I will be playing on Ship 2, maybe we'll meet up?
Sure. Add me when you start playing :D
My ID name is KazukiQZ while my character name is Kazuki :)

Hamadil
Jun 26, 2013, 10:33 AM
so we have a new issue! =D

【利用未登録エラー】
このIDは利用登録がまだされていません
ログインメニューの「ユーザー情報変更」から
本ゲームへの利用登録をお願いします。
[ No.678 ]

ReaperTheAbsol
Jun 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
Error 678 - Need to accept the Terms of Use

Check out this thread for a fix: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204836

KazukiQZ
Jun 26, 2013, 07:48 PM
Error 678
So this is the step when the player must activate the game first (I think) from the list of games available in SEGA website.
And there's the captcha thingy again...