PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of how pso2 account are banned.

emoinua123
Jun 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
-------------

Jei182
Jun 26, 2013, 04:16 PM
A lot of us are playing using foreign IP adresses. I have yet to hear of someone being banned for using one.

jooozek
Jun 26, 2013, 04:29 PM
they aren't doing witchhunts but if someone reported you? who knows, maybe

emoinua123
Jun 26, 2013, 04:31 PM
thanks for the help oh and for some reason using translators really are inaccurate i didt cause any trouble maybe its becacus of saying hi what kind of mission we are doing i guess translators can cause account to discontinue... :-< oh some one did say they will report from saying to the translator what kind of mission are we doing. guess its my fault. thanks anyways guys.

thanks for the help oh and for some reason using translators really are inaccurate i didt cause any trouble maybe its becacus of saying hi what kind of mission we are doing i guess translators can cause account to discontinue... :-< oh some one did say they will report from saying to the translator what kind of mission are we doing. guess its my fault. thanks anyways guys. i apologize but will they ban by blocking the game from an ip address?

Jei182
Jun 26, 2013, 05:10 PM
i apologize but will they ban by blocking the game from an ip address?
They can, but unless someone reports you no they probably won't.

•Col•
Jun 26, 2013, 06:30 PM
A lot of us are playing using foreign IP adresses. I have yet to hear of someone being banned for using one.

http://segahates.us/

pso2love
Jun 26, 2013, 07:04 PM
http://segahates.us/

^unfortunately, THIS!

Shinamori
Jun 26, 2013, 07:33 PM
This. He did something that got him flagged.

Jei182
Jun 26, 2013, 08:01 PM
This. He did something that got him flagged.
It does seem like it. He said that he paid for the content and that his room was one of the most visited in the game. I wonder if this something was trying to go for everything in the game.

Maybe someone got jealous and turned him in. I mean even if I buy AC content, I just don't see spending $5000 USD worth of money on it, especially if it is a foreign game where they could ban you for it. I wonder since he says that he bought everything (or from how the article sounds, pretty close to it), maybe someone tipped them off or noticed something. It's one of the main reasons why I'm skeptical about buying AC.

Shinamori
Jun 26, 2013, 08:40 PM
He could be one of those people who talks in English outside of b20 or team chats,

Kion
Jun 27, 2013, 03:51 AM
Maybe someone got jealous and turned him in. I mean even if I buy AC content, I just don't see spending $5000 USD worth of money on it, especially if it is a foreign game where they could ban you for it. I wonder since he says that he bought everything (or from how the article sounds, pretty close to it), maybe someone tipped them off or noticed something. It's one of the main reasons why I'm skeptical about buying AC.

Nah, he says he had $5,000 in value worth of items on his character. I think that's a pretty stupid assessment to make as there's no way to extract money from the game aside from RMT. If you read a little further, the actual amount of money he spent on the game is a few hundred dollars or so on AC items. Overall, more than average but not too much. The reason I he was banned is likely because he was reported by a Jp player suspecting him of using RMT or something because his gear was too good. He just wasn't able to get the ban amended after the fact because his account was against the ToS.

So will you get banned directly for playing on a foreign IP? Generally not. The only difference is that if you get banned or reported for a different reason, you have no basis to get your account restored.