PDA

View Full Version : pso2.exe still running after I exit the game

Valimer
Jun 27, 2013, 01:16 AM
Does this happen to anyone else? If I try ending the process a window pops up saying "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied."

This is when I exit the game normally.

Valimer
Jun 27, 2013, 01:18 AM
*UPDATE*

Tried right clicking on pso2.exe in the Task Manager and clicking on "Show File Location"

Another window popped up saying something about memory and the game crashing. Then The process ended.

Ugh.

Zeik2006
Jun 27, 2013, 01:34 AM
Sometimes, but it'll usually go away after a minute or two. If it doesn't go away you can just task manager and stop it that way.

Valimer
Jun 27, 2013, 02:19 AM
Sometimes, but it'll usually go away after a minute or two. If it doesn't go away you can just task manager and stop it that way.

OK. I realize now this is a common problem. Normally I would end the process via task manager but in this case it wont let me, and responds with "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied."

Anyway, I've found that if I log out first and then exit the game the pso2.exe wont stick around.

jooozek
Jun 27, 2013, 02:23 AM
you can always exit it, pick in task manager "show all users processes" or w/e it is called in the english version of windows and kill off GameMon.des/GameMon64.des

Taurus83
Jun 27, 2013, 02:55 AM
it happen to me too and CPU usage overload, wasn't it this post suppose to be in Tech Support

Valimer
Jun 27, 2013, 04:01 AM
it happen to me too and CPU usage overload, wasn't it this post suppose to be in Tech Support

Yeah, I did make it in the wrong place I suppose. I just wanted to know if I was the only one or not.

oratank
Jun 27, 2013, 04:06 AM
run file checker problem slove

Taurus83
Jun 27, 2013, 04:07 AM
Yeah, I did make it in the wrong place I suppose. I just wanted to know if I was the only one or not.

you are not the only one :D

Nikoshae
Jun 27, 2013, 04:11 AM
This did happen to me yesterday. I thought it was so strange, especially since my computer was running slowly after quitting the game. I'm glad I stopped by the forums, and saw this ... I'll try logging out to title screen and then exiting next time I'm done with a session to see if that works.

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
This usually happens for me, I just dc from my internet and it usually just goes off of it. Then I reconnect.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 27, 2013, 12:47 PM
I just task manager it
As admin

Admin can do what it wants

Akiyama
Jun 27, 2013, 11:49 PM
I'm having the same issue. I fixed it yesterday by checking files and setting it back to default (no.. language patch, so to speak) and then put it back in and it was working fine. Now tonight again, I'm getting like.. 85-100% CPU usage, mostly because of Gamemon.des, and when I close out, it doesn't actually close it out, so I have to run process manager as admin to close it down. :(

Also I get errored out (NP1013) after a couple minutes. This is really frustrating and making me not really want to play anymore..

Taurus83
Jun 28, 2013, 02:17 AM
I'm having the same issue. I fixed it yesterday by checking files and setting it back to default (no.. language patch, so to speak) and then put it back in and it was working fine. Now tonight again, I'm getting like.. 85-100% CPU usage, mostly because of Gamemon.des, and when I close out, it doesn't actually close it out, so I have to run process manager as admin to close it down. :(

Also I get errored out (NP1013) after a couple minutes. This is really frustrating and making me not really want to play anymore..

the same cpu usage overload for me but not encounter error. Btw you using laptop?

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 05:20 AM
This issue is related to the trailers that are shown in the lobby screens, the game is downloading new trailers for the screens, and while it's downloading, the CPU usage is higher than normal and when exiting the game it doesn't close until the download is completed.

Just sit somewhere in the lobby until the download of the trailers is complete, it should take around 10 minutes or so. While the download is being done, the lobby screens should be frozen, so when trailers start playing again, most likely the download is complete.

It's a completely stupid system, the trailers should have been a part of the normal updates, and not done while the game is running, but...SEGA...

oOSAROo
Jun 28, 2013, 05:31 AM
here is the download link from this lobby video .. maybe its help

link (http://download.pso2.jp/streampatch/v10502/master/0f534ab4fd89ef07a42f450b4740569f.pat)

just delete the extension (. pat) and slide into your ".. \ pso2_bin \ data \ win32 \" folder ^^

@ezo

It's a completely stupid system, the trailers should have been a part of the normal updates, and not done while the game is running, but...SEGA...

ever thought that some words ".. people the option" the video does not play, "why should he have turned then download it the normal update!?

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 05:40 AM
oh wow, its 218MB? no wonder lobbies lag like shit, i get like 100KB/s on a single thread from that link

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 05:40 AM
@ezo

ever thought that some words ".. people the option" the video does not play, "why should he have turned then download it the normal update!?
I could be mistaken, but the trailers are downloaded even if the lobby videos option is turned off (or at least I tried turning it off when I was having problems in my sister's PC, it downloaded the trailers either way).

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 05:42 AM
considering i have that file downloaded and have the videos turned off, yes, that has to be the case

Syklo
Jun 28, 2013, 05:44 AM
As ezodagrom said, the problem is due to the lobby videos, and they still download whether or not the relevant option is on. Also, the download will persist even after "closing" the game, as the process doesn't terminate until then.
To kill the process off, you could just do it via resource manager (which can be accessed via task manager).

Alternatively, to temporarily stop the download and still play the game, do a quick-DC-reconnect. It will play the default pso2 opening movie for the duration that you're in the lobby. Note that the download will resume the next time lobby is reloaded in that gaming session.
Doing that DC while it downloads, after the game is "closed" will cause a memory error popup.

For that reason, it is recommended that you DO NOT (force) SHUTDOWN OR LOGOFF when pso2 is still downloading after it's closed (I've done this and couldn't boot my computer properly cuz BSOD boots. Somehow fixed it miraculously), unless you don't mind waiting for who knows how long.

oOSAROo
Jun 28, 2013, 05:49 AM
oh wow, its 218MB? no wonder lobbies lag like shit, i get like 100KB/s on a single thread from that link

100kb / s only .. hm you live in the U.S.? I live in Germany and get 400-500kb / s: 3

I could be mistaken, but the trailers are downloaded even if the lobby videos option is turned off (or at least I tried turning it off when I was having problems in my sister's PC, it downloaded the trailers either way).

I've just tested it and it loads nothing down ;-)

Akiyama
Jun 29, 2013, 12:42 AM
I don't know if it's a video, though. Are you sure? I think I have the option for videos and such off (as in, even during those concerts lately, I had no video because I disabled them) so I wouldn't think it's that?

Also, after rechecking my files yesterday (and thus removing that certain patch that a lot of people use to understand the game better), I've noticed my game running smoother now, with no NP1013 errors or high CPU usage. If it were the videos effecting things..wouldn't it have effected me no matter what?

Either way.. I don't know why that certain 'patch' would effect my game performance tbh. :/ It stinks majorly. But if it is the video for some people.. I'm sure it doesn't jack your cpu usage up to like 85-100%, though. That's what it does to me, then I have to hard close it through the process manager. It's awful.

Also, it doesn't help that I get the error "NP1013" as well along with the 'game not closing' problem.'

If I didn't get that after putting the 'patch' in, then I'd say yes.. it may be the stupid video downloading problem, but I don't think that's the case, at least for me :(

Syklo
Jun 29, 2013, 02:15 AM
It's not playing the video that's the problem, it's the game downloading the video files that is. After it's downloaded then everything would seem normal.
And it will download the lobby video files REGARDLESS of whether you have lobby monitor playback enabled or not

It always jacks up my CPU usage to the 90%'s, heating my system up, whilst lagging my connection cuz of the download.

Taurus83
Jun 29, 2013, 02:22 AM
I don't know if it's a video, though. Are you sure? I think I have the option for videos and such off (as in, even during those concerts lately, I had no video because I disabled them) so I wouldn't think it's that?

Also, after rechecking my files yesterday (and thus removing that certain patch that a lot of people use to understand the game better), I've noticed my game running smoother now, with no NP1013 errors or high CPU usage. If it were the videos effecting things..wouldn't it have effected me no matter what?

Either way.. I don't know why that certain 'patch' would effect my game performance tbh. :/ It stinks majorly. But if it is the video for some people.. I'm sure it doesn't jack your cpu usage up to like 85-100%, though. That's what it does to me, then I have to hard close it through the process manager. It's awful.

Also, it doesn't help that I get the error "NP1013" as well along with the 'game not closing' problem.'

If I didn't get that after putting the 'patch' in, then I'd say yes.. it may be the stupid video downloading problem, but I don't think that's the case, at least for me :(

For me it happen after 19th June patch update the laptop that I used, "at that time after done update I didn't play PS02 it was late and I was going sleep". Next day I used my laptop to play I notice my CPU usage overload but didn't get error the game still playable but a bit not smooth.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208567

Yesterday night when using my desktop PC it happen CPU usage problem, before that my desktop PC didn't have that kind of problem after patch 19th June. This was due to my place blackout for one night on 27th June and didn't get online for PS02.
Both Laptop and desktop PC never used English patch before.

Now I suspect that PS02 client is download something they say about video

Dan Maku
Jun 29, 2013, 04:41 AM
I get that from time to time. The only way I know to fix it is to reboot the computer.

Akiyama
Jun 29, 2013, 08:54 AM
It's not playing the video that's the problem, it's the game downloading the video files that is. After it's downloaded then everything would seem normal.
And it will download the lobby video files REGARDLESS of whether you have lobby monitor playback enabled or not

It always jacks up my CPU usage to the 90%'s, heating my system up, whilst lagging my connection cuz of the download.

Well, I'll give the file a DL and check and see. I'm hoping that's the case. It'd certainly make things a lot easier.

So you're saying that all I have to do is download the file, throw it into the right folder, and then I shouldn't see anymore issues? how often do they put new videos up in game forcing you to download?

Also what I can't explain, and would like to know..is if it is indeed the DL issue, why have I not experienced it after the 'patch' for englishness? :<

Syklo
Jun 29, 2013, 08:10 PM
Well, I'll give the file a DL and check and see. I'm hoping that's the case. It'd certainly make things a lot easier.

So you're saying that all I have to do is download the file, throw it into the right folder, and then I shouldn't see anymore issues? how often do they put new videos up in game forcing you to download?

Also what I can't explain, and would like to know..is if it is indeed the DL issue, why have I not experienced it after the 'patch' for englishness? :<
It should work out like that, yes. The game downloads it to My documents/SEGA/Phantasystaronline2/temp and I presume it moves it to the pso2 win32 folder.

Like I said, if the process isn't terminated, pso2.exe will still run after it is closed to continue downloading the video files. So it's likely that you finished downloading the video files around the time you did the 'patch'.

Akiyama
Jun 30, 2013, 06:45 AM
It should work out like that, yes. The game downloads it to My documents/SEGA/Phantasystaronline2/temp and I presume it moves it to the pso2 win32 folder.

Like I said, if the process isn't terminated, pso2.exe will still run after it is closed to continue downloading the video files. So it's likely that you finished downloading the video files around the time you did the 'patch'.

Hm. I'm looking in my documents/sega/pso2/temp folder and i see a folder that's named 'movie' so I assume that's it? there's nothing in it. I've closed out/terminated the process basically..every time I lag hardcore.

Syklo
Jun 30, 2013, 07:32 AM
Odd as it may be, the movie file is actually the {ins jibberish} file next to that folder, not in it.
Or the one next to that...